Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies 21:38 - Jul 31 with 30470 viewsconnell10

Well we need a win so 2-1 to the R,s
[Post edited 31 Jul 21:39]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:58 - Aug 3 with 3290 viewsconnell10

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:53 - Aug 3 by Hooping_Mad

Throw a pillow in with the season ticket, and it may work.

It is what it is, as another great coach once said.

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:00 - Aug 3 with 3217 viewsQPRKjetil

We really need someone in the midfield erea who can be a bit more creative, someone who play the ball FORWARD. Colback looking too slow and uncertain now. Hopefully is Varane a solution for us! Andersen is the one (togeher with Kolli) who make something happen, but besides some good linkup-play with Celar, he also struggles because of the lack of movement around him. Smyth shows lack of quality at this level, but at least he tries.
We cannot continue to play it out from the back if the movement and the speed of the ball isnt better! Cook and JCS are a bit of sloppy today, and it doesnt make it better.
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:01 - Aug 3 with 3195 viewsconnell10

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:53 - Aug 3 by numptydumpty

It's a friendly and against superior opposition.

They seem to just want to be practising passing out from the back.

If Paal is / isn't leaving, he is having a much better game and I certainly like the look of this goalkeeper. He is excellent from what I have seen.

Kolli had a couple of moments and that's about it.

Solid defensively apart from couple stray passes.

Midfield and attack not had much of a sniff...

It's inevitable that the defence will crack eventually and concede .

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:02 - Aug 3 with 3162 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Nardi looks good.

We're set up so we're hard to beat, but we still look like we're going to find it hard to beat others.

Good news is, we won't be playing sides this good every week, and we haven't gone missing.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:05 - Aug 3 with 3036 viewsHooping_Mad

Yeah defensively we're fine, but it's becoming a permanent state of being.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:11 - Aug 3 with 2838 viewsMalintabuk

That 17 just made himself a penalty... what a piece of play by the lad
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:12 - Aug 3 with 2774 viewsaston_hoop

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:01 - Aug 3 by connell10

It's inevitable that the defence will crack eventually and concede .

Yep

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:12 - Aug 3 with 2776 viewsPdog

That passage of play was just waiting to happen
Login to get fewer ads

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:13 - Aug 3 with 2734 viewsconnell10

Inevitable, I can't see what we are actually try to do.

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:13 - Aug 3 with 2725 viewsNov77

Inevitable, only surprise was that it took so long, fcking around with it in your own penalty area is only going to end one way.

Moronic tactics. No chance of scoring a goal doing that, every chance of conceding one.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:14 - Aug 3 with 2651 viewsLogman

Not altogether surprising, Their manager was bound to tell them to try to bundle us off the ball when we are playing it out (at half-time)
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:14 - Aug 3 with 2691 views1BobbyHazell

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:11 - Aug 3 by Malintabuk

That 17 just made himself a penalty... what a piece of play by the lad

All came from Field turning backwards and playing back to a partly trapped defender when we had just turned the ball over.
It's a real issue at the moment.
[Post edited 3 Aug 16:14]
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:14 - Aug 3 with 2646 viewsderbyhoop

Errors playing out from the back. JCS slips, Colback concedes penalty in desperation.
Welbeck scores. 0-1

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:16 - Aug 3 with 2535 viewsHooping_Mad

Brighton quite pacey, that or Smyth is looking a yard slower

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:19 - Aug 3 with 2437 viewsMalintabuk

Can't say that was an error.... that 17 chased down 3 defenders..the goalkeeper and then the last defender... that is why they are a decent premium side and we are an average championship side.
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:19 - Aug 3 with 2425 viewsMonkey_Roots

We look utterly toothless
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:20 - Aug 3 with 2381 viewsconnell10

Anderson having a mare.

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:21 - Aug 3 with 2310 viewsHooping_Mad

Warbs beat Man Utd 4-2 in a preseason.

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:22 - Aug 3 with 2294 viewsderbyhoop

61 gone; Subs starting. 3 for BHA
Frey for Kolli
[Post edited 3 Aug 16:22]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:22 - Aug 3 with 2261 viewsconnell10

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:19 - Aug 3 by Malintabuk

Can't say that was an error.... that 17 chased down 3 defenders..the goalkeeper and then the last defender... that is why they are a decent premium side and we are an average championship side.

Yes appreciate that but I'd expect at least one save from their goalie , every year big teams get beaten in Cup games by smaller teams.

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:25 - Aug 3 with 2147 viewsHooping_Mad

FWIW Frey probably isn't the answer today. Love to be wrong

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:25 - Aug 3 with 2141 viewsMalintabuk

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:22 - Aug 3 by connell10

Yes appreciate that but I'd expect at least one save from their goalie , every year big teams get beaten in Cup games by smaller teams.

I agree about the lack of chances we are making... but those games where these higher teams are beaten have a bit more meaning than this...
But you are spot on also about Andersen he as looked shocking today
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:25 - Aug 3 with 2114 viewsNorthantsHoop

It's only a friendly but let's face it the gap between Premier teams and Championship teams is enormous and getting wider. Look at last season Burnley, Luton and Sheff Utd just struggled and most if not all promoted teams last few years have gone back down within a couple of seasons. We just have to hope we can turn up next week and give WBA a game.
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:28 - Aug 3 with 2035 viewsconnell10

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:25 - Aug 3 by Malintabuk

I agree about the lack of chances we are making... but those games where these higher teams are beaten have a bit more meaning than this...
But you are spot on also about Andersen he as looked shocking today

This is the last game before the kick off next week , so I'd say there is a fair bit of meaning in this.

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 16:30 - Aug 3 with 1964 viewsHooping_Mad

Time to move Smyth over and try the Brazilian lad

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024