Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren incoming 15:31 - May 1 with 144561 viewshubble

...according to a poster on WATRB...

Read it here, if you're not averse to a bit of rough: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/general/qpr-fans/2464866-mclaren-new-ma

[Post edited 1 May 2018 15:37]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

McClaren incoming on 15:44 - May 3 with 4901 viewsLunarJetman

McClaren incoming on 13:55 - May 3 by Northernr

Come on lads disagree by all means but let's not get personal about it. Don't want a repeat of the pistols at dawn episode

I suspect it would be like this though...

McClaren incoming on 15:49 - May 3 with 4875 viewsisawqpratwcity

McClaren incoming on 14:54 - May 3 by simmo

Well done on being the authority we all need / never asked for.

Sorry, are you referring to him saying "go fcuk yourselves , your not even real QPR fans"?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

McClaren incoming on 16:12 - May 3 with 4779 viewsDorse

McClaren incoming on 15:44 - May 3 by LunarJetman

I suspect it would be like this though...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

McClaren incoming on 16:15 - May 3 with 4767 viewscolinallcars

Just read in the Times birthday list that McLaren is 57 today. Surprised TF hasn't taken the opportunity to announce him as new manager.
McClaren incoming on 16:49 - May 3 with 4677 viewsdaveB

McClaren incoming on 13:42 - May 3 by TheChef

Interesting stat that re results since the change of formation.

Arguably though since moving to a back four the players have looked a lot more comfortable (Bidwell and Furlong especially) and we've played better football more often.

We do look better but results haven't been massively different which was my argument all along about the change of formation, was always going to be the same players so results unlikely to be much different
McClaren incoming on 18:05 - May 3 with 4452 viewsTGRRRSSS

I cant be the only person who didnt feel that Derby really did take us apart.

I remember alot of Swansalona style possession play mostly in their half of the field, especially after the red card - and yeah maybe if the red hadn't happened they might've scored, but we had out moments too - and er..... oh yes, we actually got the ball into the box created a chance and took it.
Unlike them.

The fact is following the red card Mclaren failed to react to try and put more pressure on us from that moment on and paid the price.

IN any case he's hardly one for the future and if he makes a start someone somewhere will give him a look, he'll jump immediately and we're back to square 1 anyway.
[Post edited 3 May 2018 18:13]
McClaren incoming on 18:05 - May 3 with 4449 viewssimmo

McClaren incoming on 15:49 - May 3 by isawqpratwcity

Sorry, are you referring to him saying "go fcuk yourselves , your not even real QPR fans"?

No I am referring to you deciding to get into a row with someone apparently on our behalf, something you tend to do quite frequently.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

McClaren incoming on 18:38 - May 3 with 4342 viewsisawqpratwcity

McClaren incoming on 18:05 - May 3 by simmo

No I am referring to you deciding to get into a row with someone apparently on our behalf, something you tend to do quite frequently.

I wasn't specifically trying to speak for you, if that makes you feel better. I thought his comments were without basis and well out of order, but that's just me. I've never claimed to speak for you.

Btw, when you say "we all need", and "on our behalf", who are you speaking for?

Login to get fewer ads

McClaren incoming on 22:26 - May 3 with 3984 viewsLblock

Just seen a twit passed on as a screenshot

Alludes to Ollie watching the Champions League semi in a pub with him, saying he’s got family issues in Bristol and nothing decided yet but things may happen

In Other words ....: no news

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

McClaren incoming on 23:04 - May 3 with 3864 viewsGloryHunter

I've just listened to the TF podcast. He said successful clubs have stability in the management and stability in the playing staff. How is this being interpreted as him wanting rid of Ollie?
McClaren incoming on 23:09 - May 3 with 3841 viewsPunteR

McClaren incoming on 23:04 - May 3 by GloryHunter

I've just listened to the TF podcast. He said successful clubs have stability in the management and stability in the playing staff. How is this being interpreted as him wanting rid of Ollie?

A season and a half is a long time in football.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

McClaren incoming on 03:26 - May 4 with 3675 viewsmylot50years

McClaren incoming on 10:33 - May 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Ok, Clive, thanks for the info.

I think that letting Holloway go would be a shame in many ways, from an ethics pint of view. As you say, it would also a big risk -jeopradising stability, team spirit, youth development, recruitment among other aspects.

This year has been my most enjoyable as a QPR fan since 2011 and possibly even going further back than that. There are reasons for that, and many of them are embodied in Holloway, and having someone of his decency, loyalty and humanity as our manager.

You certainly don't do away games then, of course there's a likely possibility you don't do many games period.
McClaren incoming on 05:13 - May 4 with 3618 viewsisawqpratwcity

McClaren incoming on 03:26 - May 4 by mylot50years

You certainly don't do away games then, of course there's a likely possibility you don't do many games period.

Yeah, but to be fair to Brian, he does get the video package and watches as many games as he can. I would particularly cut him some slack as he commentates for expats like myself and provides a less colourless alternative to the BBC text commentary.

Brian tries to see the best in everyone. It's a really irritating habit but we all have our crosses to bear.

McClaren incoming on 06:34 - May 4 with 3532 viewsLblock

Sir Brian McCarthy OBE is every inch a top supporter of the Association Football Club known as Queens Park Rangers.

I respect his views 1,000%

It’s probably been 27 years or more since I copied his coursework at Willesden College of Technology.

Opinions respected from all four corners of the world

McClaren incoming on 07:42 - May 4 with 3433 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No, I don't make many games, either home or away. And I am conscious of that. I know it's not the same thing of course, but I do watch a lot of our games and try to find out what I'm missing off-camera. I realise you only get so much of the play watching on the box. So you're right - my comments should be treated in that context.

I feel for Rangers' away fans most days. Most seasons, in fact. Even back in my day travelling with the R's trips North of Watford Gap were exercises in hope rather than expectation.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

McClaren incoming on 07:43 - May 4 with 3429 viewsBrianMcCarthy

McClaren incoming on 05:13 - May 4 by isawqpratwcity

Yeah, but to be fair to Brian, he does get the video package and watches as many games as he can. I would particularly cut him some slack as he commentates for expats like myself and provides a less colourless alternative to the BBC text commentary.

Brian tries to see the best in everyone. It's a really irritating habit but we all have our crosses to bear.

Like fugg I do!

I absolutely detested Redknapp, Hughes and many of the wastrel crooked players we had to put up with for years!

McClaren incoming on 07:45 - May 4 with 3421 viewsBrianMcCarthy

McClaren incoming on 06:34 - May 4 by Lblock

Sir Brian McCarthy OBE is every inch a top supporter of the Association Football Club known as Queens Park Rangers.

I respect his views 1,000%

It’s probably been 27 years or more since I copied his coursework at Willesden College of Technology.

Opinions respected from all four corners of the world

None of those fancy titles from the nobility for Mr. LB. I'm a lefty and proud of it!

By the way, how did you get with that coursework you copied from me? Cos I failed.

McClaren incoming on 07:53 - May 4 with 3412 viewsSydneyRs

McClaren incoming on 18:05 - May 3 by TGRRRSSS

I cant be the only person who didnt feel that Derby really did take us apart.

I remember alot of Swansalona style possession play mostly in their half of the field, especially after the red card - and yeah maybe if the red hadn't happened they might've scored, but we had out moments too - and er..... oh yes, we actually got the ball into the box created a chance and took it.
Unlike them.

The fact is following the red card Mclaren failed to react to try and put more pressure on us from that moment on and paid the price.

IN any case he's hardly one for the future and if he makes a start someone somewhere will give him a look, he'll jump immediately and we're back to square 1 anyway.
[Post edited 3 May 2018 18:13]

No, you aren't. Given how on top they were they created very little. In fact their best chance was the one O'Neill prevented before being sent off.

Even with my usual pessimistic outlook on QPR I could sense something coming the nearer to the end it got. The camera panned around the derby end with about ten minutes to go and they all looked very worried. Even the commentary just before the goal almost sees it coming.

Seems the ball is in Holloway's court from what I'm hearing. Family issues etc may be an issue. I suspect if he does decide to go then McLaren would not be a shock appointment.
[Post edited 4 May 2018 7:54]
McClaren incoming on 08:13 - May 4 with 3366 viewsLblock

McClaren incoming on 07:45 - May 4 by BrianMcCarthy

None of those fancy titles from the nobility for Mr. LB. I'm a lefty and proud of it!

By the way, how did you get with that coursework you copied from me? Cos I failed.

See that's where you boys went wrong... you should've failed early doors like I did due to the excesses of dancing in fields etc.

Re-sitting was a blessing... as was knowing people who were two years ahead and had already done all the work.

It's made me the Captain of Industry I am now and living the dream at the pinnacle of the City of London Fit Out market!!!!

All the best fella. Enjoy your summer.... haven't seen your annual thread querying what trainers to sport this summer (Samba's every time)

McClaren incoming on 08:39 - May 4 with 3315 viewssimmo

McClaren incoming on 18:38 - May 3 by isawqpratwcity

I wasn't specifically trying to speak for you, if that makes you feel better. I thought his comments were without basis and well out of order, but that's just me. I've never claimed to speak for you.

Btw, when you say "we all need", and "on our behalf", who are you speaking for?

I have zero interest in getting dragged into a prolonged forum argument with someone so experienced.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

McClaren incoming on 08:50 - May 4 with 3252 viewskingsburyR

Surely we are in one of three camps;

Keep Ollie on

Experienced Manager with Prem/Promotion experience (McClaren etc)

Fresh new Manager from lower leagues (Cowley Brothers)

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

McClaren incoming on 09:02 - May 4 with 3219 viewsRs_Holy

McClaren incoming on 08:50 - May 4 by kingsburyR

Surely we are in one of three camps;

Keep Ollie on

Experienced Manager with Prem/Promotion experience (McClaren etc)

Fresh new Manager from lower leagues (Cowley Brothers)

I think Ollie should stay. I thinks he's taken on a massive job and ticked most of the boxes.

* Reduce the size of the squad
* Offload the big earners
* Get players to play for the badge
* Get more youngsters into the side
* Oh and stay in the division (which isnt easy when you look at how some other teams have had a double relegation in a short space of time).

I thought Saturday had the feeling of that first job nearing completion. He's now got to move onto the next bit which is moulding a team around the new components parts.
I cant wait for next season and seeing more of Smyth, Eze, Chair, etc. Even Shodipo might be back after a stop start season this term.
[Post edited 4 May 2018 9:03]
McClaren incoming on 10:44 - May 4 with 3015 viewsBrianMcCarthy

McClaren incoming on 08:13 - May 4 by Lblock

See that's where you boys went wrong... you should've failed early doors like I did due to the excesses of dancing in fields etc.

Re-sitting was a blessing... as was knowing people who were two years ahead and had already done all the work.

It's made me the Captain of Industry I am now and living the dream at the pinnacle of the City of London Fit Out market!!!!

All the best fella. Enjoy your summer.... haven't seen your annual thread querying what trainers to sport this summer (Samba's every time)

I've gone for the traditional Sambas and a pair of these little beatuies, LB.

Have a great Summer yourself. I'll be on here a lot, hopefully, as LFW turns its attentions to threads about music, sunshine and cricket.

McClaren incoming on 10:46 - May 4 with 3004 viewsisawqpratwcity

McClaren incoming on 08:39 - May 4 by simmo

I have zero interest in getting dragged into a prolonged forum argument with someone so experienced.

That's funny, you called me....

McClaren incoming on 10:53 - May 4 with 2981 viewsTacticalR

McClaren incoming on 23:09 - May 3 by PunteR

A season and a half is a long time in football.

It's an eternity in the Championship.

Leeds are on their second manager this season and according to this week's oppo interview Heckingbottom won't last long.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024