Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Swans 22:10 - Mar 26 with 27435 viewsPhil_S

So then...forum aside this site has become a little bit of a walking disaster over the last year (and more) as someone pointed out the other day the site rarely gets updated with news since the last writer got fed up of the abuse of doing so..!

Anyway, the good (!) news is that I have a couple of people prepared to write and I have some time that I can devote to it again. What I dont want to happen is the site to become a regurgitation of news elsewhere although news elsewhere can of course create opinion articles.

The question though is what do you - the good readers of Planet Swans (or as seems to be the one person with endless usernames) - want to see from the site going forward?
Planet Swans on 20:43 - Mar 27 with 2704 viewsGaryjack

Planet Swans on 19:59 - Mar 27 by exiledclaseboy

What about a forum on which posters can advertise their second hand or unwanted items that they want to get rid of? Sounds like a winner.

Excellent idea. Jacktvvat calls Jackslag a tvvat on here, then Jacktvvat advertises his second hand anal dildos for sale, Jackslag uses his other username 'Jacknice' and arranges to go to Jacktvvats house to purchase said 'ahem' items, but turns up with a load of Phil's heavies and Jacktvvat is toast! It's a definite winner!
Planet Swans on 20:52 - Mar 27 with 2659 viewsmonmouth

Planet Swans on 20:36 - Mar 27 by Lord_Bony

Its called an ignore button.

I can wholeheartedly recommend ignoring Byron. Not for the sake of actually ignoring the hapless runt, but because by just reading others replies to him, it actually makes his posts seem like they could be more interesting. I imagine them being literate discussion points rather than inbred drivel, and by posting blanks he's improving his IQ by the day.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Planet Swans on 20:55 - Mar 27 with 2647 viewsmonmouth

Planet Swans on 20:43 - Mar 27 by Garyjack

Excellent idea. Jacktvvat calls Jackslag a tvvat on here, then Jacktvvat advertises his second hand anal dildos for sale, Jackslag uses his other username 'Jacknice' and arranges to go to Jacktvvats house to purchase said 'ahem' items, but turns up with a load of Phil's heavies and Jacktvvat is toast! It's a definite winner!

Not being an expert in these things and having a sheltered Penlan upbringing, whats the difference between an anal dildo and a dildo. Is one a bit more retentive?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Planet Swans on 20:57 - Mar 27 with 2643 viewsDr_Winston

Any time stricter modding is tried people whinge about how strict the modding is, either because of genuine outrage or just shit stirring. Unless it's genuinely offensive or illegal these days I suspect most mods will just let people get on with it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Planet Swans on 21:00 - Mar 27 with 2636 viewsJackfath

Planet Swans on 20:57 - Mar 27 by Dr_Winston

Any time stricter modding is tried people whinge about how strict the modding is, either because of genuine outrage or just shit stirring. Unless it's genuinely offensive or illegal these days I suspect most mods will just let people get on with it.

MOst mods?

I thought there was only two?

Bony and you.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Planet Swans on 21:01 - Mar 27 with 2624 viewsSTID2017

Planet Swans on 20:38 - Mar 27 by E20Jack

Disagree entirely. Can you point to any examples?

TBH cannot be bothered to look through 21 pages (and counting) of posts on one subject + endless others to prove (or not as the case may) whether you have abusive.
If you haven't then all I can say is, like Neathie, you have suffered from following to often in the wake of The Res, who is without doubt the most abusive poster on here.
Anyway life's too short so ATB

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Planet Swans on 21:03 - Mar 27 with 2622 viewsDr_Winston

Planet Swans on 21:00 - Mar 27 by Jackfath

MOst mods?

I thought there was only two?

Bony and you.

I thought one or two others had access via the "admin" name. May be wrong.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Planet Swans on 21:06 - Mar 27 with 2610 viewsJack_Kass

Planet Swans on 20:19 - Mar 27 by Phil_S

So you want to change the rules that have served this forum so well for so long?

Yes that does seem odd

Here is the issue Phil

In your opening post you say this site has declined because nobody writes blogs or news reports news anymore, reason being for the abuse they received.. a solution is obvious at this stage

You then ask for further suggestions as to what people want from the site

Posters then suggest that the level of abuse be managed better, which you've clearly highlighted in your opening post as an issue, so this should be a simple solution, as we have unanimous agreement and aligned ideas from yourself and posters.

But after that, you then say, 'no we're not changing that aspect of the forum', because that is how its always been.

So what was the point in asking and making the thread in the first place? You highlight a problem, yourself and posters thoughts are aligned, but you don't want to change it because 'thats how its always been'

The rules state that homophobic and racism isn't tolerated (paraphrasing), is that a guideline then? Or is that you know, pretty clearcut, as rules should be in general? Or are certain ones a bit more flexible than others?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 21:09]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Login to get fewer ads

Planet Swans on 21:06 - Mar 27 with 2609 viewsGaryjack

Planet Swans on 20:55 - Mar 27 by monmouth

Not being an expert in these things and having a sheltered Penlan upbringing, whats the difference between an anal dildo and a dildo. Is one a bit more retentive?

I dunno mun. I was brought up in the Sandfields. We used to use empty pop bottles off the beach!
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 21:09]
Planet Swans on 21:29 - Mar 27 with 2545 viewsSTID2017

Seems Admin is having a little joke with me, as they have moved my "FAO Neath Jack" to the Non- Football site (as one of the "improvements" I suggested earlier)
Cheeky !

Planet Swans on 21:44 - Mar 27 with 2497 viewsTheResurrection

Planet Swans on 21:01 - Mar 27 by STID2017

TBH cannot be bothered to look through 21 pages (and counting) of posts on one subject + endless others to prove (or not as the case may) whether you have abusive.
If you haven't then all I can say is, like Neathie, you have suffered from following to often in the wake of The Res, who is without doubt the most abusive poster on here.
Anyway life's too short so ATB

BONY REMOVED THIS

This post has been edited by an administrator

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Planet Swans on 21:47 - Mar 27 with 2481 viewsSTID2017

Planet Swans on 21:44 - Mar 27 by TheResurrection

BONY REMOVED THIS

Point proven , My Lord !

Planet Swans on 21:50 - Mar 27 with 2472 viewsbyron

Planet Swans on 20:52 - Mar 27 by monmouth

I can wholeheartedly recommend ignoring Byron. Not for the sake of actually ignoring the hapless runt, but because by just reading others replies to him, it actually makes his posts seem like they could be more interesting. I imagine them being literate discussion points rather than inbred drivel, and by posting blanks he's improving his IQ by the day.

Go back to Russia Monmouth. You’d fit in well there, let’s just pretend no other opinion exists and everyone is just fine. Ignore the only bluebird, wonderful. How cosmopolitan of you. I’ve only seen one non jack on here, ever.

Benny

Planet Swans on 21:53 - Mar 27 with 2455 viewsthornabyswan

Planet Swans on 21:50 - Mar 27 by byron

Go back to Russia Monmouth. You’d fit in well there, let’s just pretend no other opinion exists and everyone is just fine. Ignore the only bluebird, wonderful. How cosmopolitan of you. I’ve only seen one non jack on here, ever.

He can't see it you are on ignore

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Planet Swans on 21:55 - Mar 27 with 2453 viewsjack2jack

The OP opens a genuine thread asking for grown up opinions on the content of PS, and yet again it degenerates into a slanging match, FFS lads get a grip.
Planet Swans on 22:02 - Mar 27 with 2435 viewsthornabyswan

BONY REMOVED THIS

Try to keep up Phil has already said there is no point in bans.
So why don't you shut the fukc up you aching simpleton
If you can't beat them join them

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Planet Swans on 22:21 - Mar 27 with 2384 viewsswan65split

Planet Swans on 22:02 - Mar 27 by thornabyswan

Try to keep up Phil has already said there is no point in bans.
So why don't you shut the fukc up you aching simpleton
If you can't beat them join them

sorry just spat my drink out at this post thread has turned into comedy gold......and very sad .
Planet Swans on 22:23 - Mar 27 with 2376 viewsAmbergambler

Planet Swans on 21:55 - Mar 27 by jack2jack

The OP opens a genuine thread asking for grown up opinions on the content of PS, and yet again it degenerates into a slanging match, FFS lads get a grip.

If you think this one's bad you should look at "How do you prefer your breakfast eggs" thread!
Planet Swans on 22:24 - Mar 27 with 2368 viewsbyron

Planet Swans on 21:53 - Mar 27 by thornabyswan

He can't see it you are on ignore

Yeah right

Benny

Planet Swans on 22:26 - Mar 27 with 2364 viewsspiderboy

BONY REMOVED THIS

Moronic
Planet Swans on 22:31 - Mar 27 with 2345 viewsjack2jack

Planet Swans on 22:23 - Mar 27 by Ambergambler

If you think this one's bad you should look at "How do you prefer your breakfast eggs" thread!

I know it's getting beyond a yoke now!😀
Planet Swans on 22:35 - Mar 27 with 2327 viewsHighjack

Did anybody see Phil on eastenders threatening Big Mo tonight?

Top performance.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Planet Swans on 22:45 - Mar 27 with 2297 viewsE20Jack

Planet Swans on 22:23 - Mar 27 by Ambergambler

Wonderful thread. I also highly recommend people read that one too. One of my personal faves.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Planet Swans on 22:48 - Mar 27 with 2294 viewsE20Jack

Planet Swans on 20:57 - Mar 27 by Dr_Winston

I think the main problem with stricter modding is that it becomes selective. It becomes a licence to enforce the rules against the posters you don't like. The complaints are therefore justified. Consistency is all that is heeded and then it won't matter how strict mods are, people know the rules and will follow them. The issue is when said rules are in force and everyone sees certain people being exempt.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Planet Swans on 23:06 - Mar 27 with 2260 viewslifelong

Did you know that Butterflies have inhabited our planet for, at least, 130 million years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024