Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Swans 22:10 - Mar 26 with 27434 viewsPhil_S

So then...forum aside this site has become a little bit of a walking disaster over the last year (and more) as someone pointed out the other day the site rarely gets updated with news since the last writer got fed up of the abuse of doing so..!

Anyway, the good (!) news is that I have a couple of people prepared to write and I have some time that I can devote to it again. What I dont want to happen is the site to become a regurgitation of news elsewhere although news elsewhere can of course create opinion articles.

The question though is what do you - the good readers of Planet Swans (or as seems to be the one person with endless usernames) - want to see from the site going forward?
Planet Swans on 14:37 - Mar 27 with 1685 viewsswan65split

Planet Swans on 14:22 - Mar 27 by STID2017

You, your mate Neathie and The Res can be as correct as you like.
No problem with that.
What does bother me is when others (whether their views are correct or not) are told to f*** off, called c**** and to a lesser extent called childish names like simpletons just because they don't agree with your views.
The Res is by far the worst exponent of this,
As for ruining debate, you do this as often as anyone, so don't be hypocritical.

Spot on ....1
Planet Swans on 14:38 - Mar 27 with 1683 viewsswan65split

Planet Swans on 14:31 - Mar 27 by STID2017

BTW the "rules" are already there.
Just asking for them to be applied.
If you and the other members of your little clique don't like what I'm posting why don't you put me on ignore ?
Not something I'd ever do myself - defeats the object of a forum

Spot on......2
Planet Swans on 14:39 - Mar 27 with 1681 viewsswan65split

Planet Swans on 14:27 - Mar 27 by STID2017

Apart from the post which as you say I quite rightly deleted (in which I did not swear), you will find no evidence of me being rude or abusive to other posters.
A forum is meant to be somewhere where we can exchange views forthrightly, but not in the manner that some choose to conduct themselves.

Planet Swans on 14:41 - Mar 27 with 1679 viewsNeath_Jack

Planet Swans on 14:27 - Mar 27 by STID2017

Apart from the post which as you say I quite rightly deleted (in which I did not swear), you will find no evidence of me being rude or abusive to other posters.
A forum is meant to be somewhere where we can exchange views forthrightly, but not in the manner that some choose to conduct themselves.

How about "As I posted earlier about you being the village idiot - case in point.", in response to a poster going ?

To give you the context, as i'm a fair person, he was laughing at someone who called you a name, so his offence for being called a village idiot, was laughing.

So you may want to revise your statement of I will find no evidence, because that took me about 3 minutes.

Just chill out mun.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Planet Swans on 14:43 - Mar 27 with 1666 viewsSTID2017

Planet Swans on 14:41 - Mar 27 by Neath_Jack

How about "As I posted earlier about you being the village idiot - case in point.", in response to a poster going ?

To give you the context, as i'm a fair person, he was laughing at someone who called you a name, so his offence for being called a village idiot, was laughing.

So you may want to revise your statement of I will find no evidence, because that took me about 3 minutes.

Just chill out mun.

So "village idiot" is the same as using expletives ?
And that used to the most abusive poster on here, bar none.
Okay then ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Planet Swans on 14:45 - Mar 27 with 1663 viewsLeonWasGod

Planet Swans on 11:58 - Mar 27 by Phil_S

1. This is definitely in scope (sorry I had to say that as it always makes me smile!) but match reports and galleries are essential to the site. We have access to some of the best photo galleries and we underuse them

2. Would love to see a real regular flow of blogs coming in - full blown opinion articles are key - anybody who wants to volunteer then just get in touch

Someone mentioned opinion articles and this is definitely what I can see. The last guy just regurgitated news that had appeared elsewhere (hence the criticism) - opinions around the breaking news is what is needed (i.e. "The loss of Bony will be felt hard because..." rather than "Bony injured")

Like the concept as well of an indepth match analysis after each game but that again takes time and commitment (any volunteers)

Mobile friendly version I believe is not far off completion

Good to hear some of those things are on the way. A mobile version will be a big plus, thanks.
Planet Swans on 14:47 - Mar 27 with 1657 viewsLeonWasGod

Planet Swans on 09:49 - Mar 27 by STID2017

Also it was common to move posts to the appropriate place (Non-Football posts in Football Only moved to Non-Football, etc) , as well as merging posts that were on the same subject (e.g. multiple "Naughton is Rubbish" etc)
Bring these back please

I think we're pretty good on here as far as duplicate posts go. It could certainly be a lot worse and probably puts people off far less than the petty arguments.
Planet Swans on 14:48 - Mar 27 with 1655 viewsSTID2017

It would be nice to be able to stay signed into several devices at once.
No know if that is possible with this type of website

Login to get fewer ads

Planet Swans on 14:52 - Mar 27 with 1646 viewsSTID2017

Planet Swans on 14:41 - Mar 27 by Neath_Jack

Just chill out mun.

In the case of the poster mentioned, he was laughing with , not at BTW
However, perhaps he's better left to his own devices

Planet Swans on 14:57 - Mar 27 with 1638 viewsswan65split

Part of what Leon says
1. A bit more news/match reports/photo galleries would be good. Trouble is, it does need a lot of time and commitment to do it well. Loft for Words and TWTD are good examples I've seen of other fan sites.

2. Encourage people to blog a bit more too - decent ones though, not just whinges at the players.

3. More strict modding so the usual suspects don't derail every thread,

Also what STID says

Also it was common to move posts to the appropriate place (Non-Football posts in Football Only moved to Non-Football, etc) ,

Please respect your fellow posters and refrain from name calling and personal abuse
- Don't swear, post libellous, racist, homophobic, threatening or adult material or harass other users
To get back to the days when we could have a sensible exchange of views without the "Gang of Three" simultaneously trying (unsuccessfully) to humiliate other posters with who they didn't agree

Posters shouldnt be allowed more than one username.

most of all a moderator that actually does something..like reply.
Planet Swans on 14:59 - Mar 27 with 1634 viewsNeath_Jack

Planet Swans on 14:43 - Mar 27 by STID2017

So "village idiot" is the same as using expletives ?
And that used to the most abusive poster on here, bar none.
Okay then ...

"you will find no evidence of me being rude or abusive to other posters"

Those were your words. But you now want to change the parameters? Come on mate, we're all as guilty as each other, and yes we all step over the mark now and again, but don't take it personally mun. And definitely don't make out you're white than white.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Planet Swans on 15:16 - Mar 27 with 1609 viewsPhil_S

Planet Swans on 13:30 - Mar 27 by Neath_Jack

www.mumsnet.com is the place you're looking for mate.

There's never been days on here you could have sensible exchange of views, going back to janet days, things always take a turn for the worst somewhere along the line. So lets not pretend that it used to be some forum utopia on here, it wasn't and never has been.

You need to remember one thing, this is the internet, don't take things so personally.

And as for your gang of three comment, what about your little brains trust gang, that cannot resist having a pop at the "gang of three"? That's ok is it? I can go back and find where you are abusive to posters if you wish (although you did delete your best/worst effort after i pulled you up on it)? Same as what i done for your butty magicdaps yesterday, he had to go for a lay down after it.

Grow up and get on with it ffs. Men are always going to disagree.

There is a line but thankfully in 17 years running this place its very rarely that it is stepped too far over.

In my experience then the bit that you have right is two fold...

"You need to remember one thing, this is the internet, don't take things so personally. "

"Grow up and get on with it ffs. Men are always going to disagree."

The less seriously people take some of the stuff on here the better it is...
Planet Swans on 15:17 - Mar 27 with 1606 viewsPhil_S

Planet Swans on 14:57 - Mar 27 by swan65split

Part of what Leon says
1. A bit more news/match reports/photo galleries would be good. Trouble is, it does need a lot of time and commitment to do it well. Loft for Words and TWTD are good examples I've seen of other fan sites.

2. Encourage people to blog a bit more too - decent ones though, not just whinges at the players.

3. More strict modding so the usual suspects don't derail every thread,

Also what STID says

Also it was common to move posts to the appropriate place (Non-Football posts in Football Only moved to Non-Football, etc) ,

Please respect your fellow posters and refrain from name calling and personal abuse
- Don't swear, post libellous, racist, homophobic, threatening or adult material or harass other users
To get back to the days when we could have a sensible exchange of views without the "Gang of Three" simultaneously trying (unsuccessfully) to humiliate other posters with who they didn't agree

Posters shouldnt be allowed more than one username.

most of all a moderator that actually does something..like reply.

On your last point - what questions have not been answered?
Planet Swans on 15:32 - Mar 27 with 1592 viewsswan65split

Planet Swans on 15:17 - Mar 27 by Phil_S

On your last point - what questions have not been answered?

a list of users with more than 1 username.
Planet Swans on 15:44 - Mar 27 with 1565 viewsEbo

Planet Swans on 22:40 - Mar 26 by Landore_Jack

This site needs to be more mobile friendly. Update the user interface. It looks very dated. Better integration with other file sharing, social media sites.

This.

Although it is not down to Phil but the devs at fansnetwork I guess. To be fair it would be a tricky and arduous job converting a message board written using HTML tables into a responsive layout.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 15:46]

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Planet Swans on 17:14 - Mar 27 with 1516 viewsPhil_S

Planet Swans on 15:32 - Mar 27 by swan65split

a list of users with more than 1 username.

Ah I can answer that. It is impossible to provide

Glad to be of service
Planet Swans on 17:20 - Mar 27 with 1507 viewsmagicdaps10

Planet Swans on 17:14 - Mar 27 by Phil_S

Glad to be of service

Impossible,Really!?

Lord Bony seemed to quite easily provide three at the drop of a hat......when it suited him.

I respect that you dont want to give them out, that is how it should be as a moderator.

Take note Bony.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Planet Swans on 17:23 - Mar 27 with 1505 viewsswan65split

Planet Swans on 17:14 - Mar 27 by Phil_S

Glad to be of service

I wouldn't have expected anything else, at least YOU answered, no one else did, and I think that may be the source of the problem that P.S finds itself in ATM.
Planet Swans on 17:28 - Mar 27 with 1497 viewsMrSwerve

It does seem more childish than ever on here but I try let that go over my head. Shame that a lot of the football threads now descend into name calling. Won't put me off posting but it is a bit tedious.

I'd also agree with making it more mobile-friendly.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Planet Swans on 17:42 - Mar 27 with 1483 viewsmax936

Planet Swans on 23:13 - Mar 26 by builthjack

The birds will be out once the weather gets sunnier. If you are very lucky you may see their butterflies.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Planet Swans on 18:32 - Mar 27 with 1436 viewsJack_Kass

I think the actual visual make up of the forum is hideous, and would have looked outdated 20 years ago.

Even the old timers on SCFC 2 ditched their dearly beloved guestbook, for a move into the 21st century.

It's the equivalent of the local dive bar at the moment, encouraging and welcoming the sort of people that mirror the characteristics of the environment.

Smarten it up, make it a bit more classy and the lower ebbs will move away to another dim lighted joint.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 18:33]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Planet Swans on 18:54 - Mar 27 with 1408 viewsJack_Meoff

Planet Swans on 13:30 - Mar 27 by Neath_Jack

www.mumsnet.com is the place you're looking for mate.

There's never been days on here you could have sensible exchange of views, going back to janet days, things always take a turn for the worst somewhere along the line. So lets not pretend that it used to be some forum utopia on here, it wasn't and never has been.

You need to remember one thing, this is the internet, don't take things so personally.

And as for your gang of three comment, what about your little brains trust gang, that cannot resist having a pop at the "gang of three"? That's ok is it? I can go back and find where you are abusive to posters if you wish (although you did delete your best/worst effort after i pulled you up on it)? Same as what i done for your butty magicdaps yesterday, he had to go for a lay down after it.

Grow up and get on with it ffs. Men are always going to disagree.

No they're not.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Planet Swans on 19:17 - Mar 27 with 1392 viewsmonmouth

Planet Swans on 18:54 - Mar 27 by Jack_Meoff

No they're not.

I agree

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Planet Swans on 19:22 - Mar 27 with 1381 viewsLord_Bony

Planet Swans on 19:17 - Mar 27 by monmouth

I agree

Nonsense.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Planet Swans on 19:25 - Mar 27 with 1372 viewsFlashberryjack

Planet Swans on 19:17 - Mar 27 by monmouth

I agree

I don't

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024