Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential Capacity 10:52 - Aug 16 with 16324 viewsbudegan

Rob Phillips phone in on Saturday, a very enthusiastic Swans fan getting into a slightly heated one with Leighton about our potential. Said fan reckoned that if we had the capacity we could command an average gate of 35k, Leighton reckoned 30k.

However with only a few days to go there are still tickets available for our first home game of the season, so am I completely missing something or are they both bonkers?
Potential Capacity on 16:34 - Aug 19 with 1766 viewsraynor94

Potential Capacity on 14:54 - Aug 19 by tomdickharry

Tickets on sale for tomorrows game,get relegated and there will be row after row of empty seats.

Yeah, and they are all singles, mates and families are not going to go if they can't sit together, talking relegation before the first home game

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Potential Capacity on 16:36 - Aug 19 with 1765 viewsMurph75

Potential Capacity on 16:34 - Aug 19 by raynor94

Yeah, and they are all singles, mates and families are not going to go if they can't sit together, talking relegation before the first home game

Truly amazing isn't it?
Potential Capacity on 16:38 - Aug 19 with 1758 viewsDr_Winston

The pathological fear of empty seats is a bit strange. We may not sell out every game. So what?

We would shift more season tickets with a larger capacity, and sell out a 25,000 seater for half the home games per season, maybe more.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Potential Capacity on 16:41 - Aug 19 with 1747 viewsMurph75

Potential Capacity on 16:38 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

The pathological fear of empty seats is a bit strange. We may not sell out every game. So what?

We would shift more season tickets with a larger capacity, and sell out a 25,000 seater for half the home games per season, maybe more.

Can't remember the last time I saw a full stadium when watching a game on TV apart from the so called big teams.
Potential Capacity on 16:45 - Aug 19 with 1737 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It's peak holiday time and probably the least attractive opponents in the division.

A few empty seats is indicative of nothing tomorrow.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Potential Capacity on 17:20 - Aug 19 with 1699 viewsWingstandwood

Potential Capacity on 16:45 - Aug 19 by Joe_bradshaw

It's peak holiday time and probably the least attractive opponents in the division.

A few empty seats is indicative of nothing tomorrow.

15 mins ago I became a bit of an anorak and decided to go onto the official site and did my own little count. There were 179 available seats left before Friday night/Saturday morning (home and off from work) online and stadium visit purchase activity......Singles dotted everywhere!.... So there will basically I assume excluding returns?....Be?.... Not much chance (if any at all) of a walk-up crowd purchasing more than a few singles.

I think that is great stuff but rather unfortunate that the bread n' butter significance of a walk-up crowd (thousands?) is now excluded.

Argus!

Potential Capacity on 17:21 - Aug 19 with 1695 viewsStarsky

Back in the Vetch days, we used to have plenty of empty seats. However the positive from that was when we had a big game, the place was full and some of them were great occasions.

The last 6 years we've had virtually the same attendance whether we're playing Hull or one of the big 4.
I would gladly put up with empty seats for half the games just to experience a bouncing 30,000 capacity for the top games.
We've broken lots of records these last few years but our record attendance is still Vs Arsenal from way back in 1968 at the Vetch. Lord knows how they got 30,000 in that old ground.

It's just the internet, init.

Potential Capacity on 17:37 - Aug 19 with 1670 viewsairedale

Back in the 1980s when we went into the first division, we used to get about 20k in the Vetch if my memory serves me correctly. Same as now funnily enough. At the time there was no real talk of expanding further than that because people didn't think we'd get the crowds. Prob right too, things were different then, football didn't have the pull then that it has now in this area.
Login to get fewer ads

Potential Capacity on 17:48 - Aug 19 with 1654 viewsraynor94

Potential Capacity on 17:37 - Aug 19 by airedale

Back in the 1980s when we went into the first division, we used to get about 20k in the Vetch if my memory serves me correctly. Same as now funnily enough. At the time there was no real talk of expanding further than that because people didn't think we'd get the crowds. Prob right too, things were different then, football didn't have the pull then that it has now in this area.

Your memory must be playing tricks again It was then that we launched the bond scheme, to expand the Vetch, we built the East and it was supposed to go all the way around, but crowds plummeted in the second season, got relegated and ended up skint

Potential Capacity on 17:51 - Aug 19 with 1645 viewsairedale

Potential Capacity on 17:48 - Aug 19 by raynor94

Your memory must be playing tricks again It was then that we launched the bond scheme, to expand the Vetch, we built the East and it was supposed to go all the way around, but crowds plummeted in the second season, got relegated and ended up skint

Right, must be my age. I remember the East stand being built, but not when. So how many would we get in there for a visit from Man U at most?
Potential Capacity on 17:55 - Aug 19 with 1635 viewsraynor94

Potential Capacity on 17:51 - Aug 19 by airedale

Right, must be my age. I remember the East stand being built, but not when. So how many would we get in there for a visit from Man U at most?

I think it would have been around 22.000 then, someone will correct me if I'm far out

Potential Capacity on 17:59 - Aug 19 with 1628 viewsraynor94

Potential Capacity on 17:21 - Aug 19 by Starsky

Back in the Vetch days, we used to have plenty of empty seats. However the positive from that was when we had a big game, the place was full and some of them were great occasions.

The last 6 years we've had virtually the same attendance whether we're playing Hull or one of the big 4.
I would gladly put up with empty seats for half the games just to experience a bouncing 30,000 capacity for the top games.
We've broken lots of records these last few years but our record attendance is still Vs Arsenal from way back in 1968 at the Vetch. Lord knows how they got 30,000 in that old ground.

32,786 actually Starsk, I was one of them, a 12 year old schoolboy

Potential Capacity on 17:59 - Aug 19 with 1628 viewsWingstandwood

Potential Capacity on 17:37 - Aug 19 by airedale

I can remember the 1980's and those were the days when you could have a 'spot-a-female' competition on The North Bank. In comparison with today?...It is quite staggering the amount of girls, women and young kids that attend in comparison to bygone years.

Another thing it is now far safer to attend and hooliganism knocked thousands of the gate/attendance figures. And you're right football is a far more attractive thing now hence its worldwide interest. The old First Div and the Premier League are worlds apart from each other in an extremely profound way.

Argus!

Potential Capacity on 18:41 - Aug 19 with 1589 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potential Capacity on 17:59 - Aug 19 by Wingstandwood

I can remember the 1980's and those were the days when you could have a 'spot-a-female' competition on The North Bank. In comparison with today?...It is quite staggering the amount of girls, women and young kids that attend in comparison to bygone years.

Another thing it is now far safer to attend and hooliganism knocked thousands of the gate/attendance figures. And you're right football is a far more attractive thing now hence its worldwide interest. The old First Div and the Premier League are worlds apart from each other in an extremely profound way.

I think nowadays because of the lack of hooliganism and intimidation surrounding the game in the 80's it's attractive to a much larger audience. The elderly, group of girls and young families would love to get in on the action. I will stick my neck out and say if we had a capacity of 32k we'd average 28/29k.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Potential Capacity on 18:52 - Aug 19 with 1570 viewsraynor94

Levian and Kaplan just on the news, intending to have talks with the Council on a way forward, to extending

Potential Capacity on 19:05 - Aug 19 with 1560 viewsplasjack

With our present capacity and nearly full ground, can somebody tell me what is the revenue we get for a full season, and what percentage this is compared too every other sources including Sky?.
Potential Capacity on 19:40 - Aug 19 with 1534 viewstaffpunk

Potential Capacity on 08:06 - Aug 19 by Private_Partz

Population is a difficult one Owen and the last listing I saw did say 11th. I guess it depends on what boundaries you look at. Regardless of that, the areas Harry H quotes are manily those surrounded by other clubs, many of whom are in the EPL. Swindon could be an exception but motorway links are so superb there that the glory hunters there can search out an alternative top flight club easily.
Not so with Swansea. We are relatively isolated with decent sized populations in surrounding areas. Make no mistake, if the current situation continues we will be pinching more and more supporters from the Cardiff areas.

I live in a predominantly Cardiff supporting area, tbh you missed your chance a couple of years ago, the expansion should have been done then. Now, I honestly don't think it'll make much difference, however we'll never know unless you do expand.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Potential Capacity on 20:29 - Aug 19 with 1504 viewsairedale

Potential Capacity on 19:40 - Aug 19 by taffpunk

I live in a predominantly Cardiff supporting area, tbh you missed your chance a couple of years ago, the expansion should have been done then. Now, I honestly don't think it'll make much difference, however we'll never know unless you do expand.

If you're only talking about an extra 13k seats, given the catchment area available, say 90 minutes from the stadium, I think they'll sell plenty of season tickets to make it worthwhile.
Potential Capacity on 20:30 - Aug 19 with 1495 viewslifelong

Potential Capacity on 17:21 - Aug 19 by Starsky

We used to have some big crowds in the 1950's.

Potential Capacity on 20:32 - Aug 19 with 1482 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potential Capacity on 20:30 - Aug 19 by lifelong

We used to have some big crowds in the 1950's.

Is that Huw Pugh on the right hand side in the beret?

Potential Capacity on 20:40 - Aug 19 with 1466 viewslifelong

Potential Capacity on 20:32 - Aug 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Is that Huw Pugh on the right hand side in the beret?

His Father probably.

No roof on the North Bank those days, if you look closely I am behind the goals sat on the shoulders of my Father.

It was a cold day.
Potential Capacity on 21:16 - Aug 19 with 1431 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Expansion on the agenda.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37134785

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Potential Capacity on 21:29 - Aug 19 with 1402 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Potential Capacity on 21:16 - Aug 19 by Joe_bradshaw

Expansion on the agenda.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37134785

Looking forward to hearing this.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Potential Capacity on 10:04 - Aug 20 with 1311 viewsPrivate_Partz

Potential Capacity on 09:09 - Aug 19 by raynor94

Swansea has been a disaster in development terms for donkeys years before the WAG was even created, I'm not holding my breath on the new development, and how long is it going to take to demolish the Top Rank and build new Council offices, I might not even see it in my lifetime

So was Cardiff though Rayns. Remember when our Marina was built? We were at least on level par them then. A few MPS in Westmister backed by the Welsh Office and the WDA did a better job for the whole of Wales.
All councillors are not great although a few have my admiration. It is exactly the same in the SE.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Potential Capacity on 10:12 - Aug 20 with 1298 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potential Capacity on 10:04 - Aug 20 by Private_Partz

So was Cardiff though Rayns. Remember when our Marina was built? We were at least on level par them then. A few MPS in Westmister backed by the Welsh Office and the WDA did a better job for the whole of Wales.
All councillors are not great although a few have my admiration. It is exactly the same in the SE.

The old system was much better. Didn't allow for misuse of public money via prejudice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024