Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential Capacity 10:52 - Aug 16 with 16322 viewsbudegan

Rob Phillips phone in on Saturday, a very enthusiastic Swans fan getting into a slightly heated one with Leighton about our potential. Said fan reckoned that if we had the capacity we could command an average gate of 35k, Leighton reckoned 30k.

However with only a few days to go there are still tickets available for our first home game of the season, so am I completely missing something or are they both bonkers?
Potential Capacity on 09:41 - Aug 19 with 1364 viewsGowerjack

Just a point about the transport situation.

I believe a lot of the hassle is caused by people's laziness ,no one is prepared to spend any time walking.

I used to park on the Morfa Estate 2 mins from the ground,I now park in Manselton and including the walk back to the car I'm home 1/2 an hour earlier!

And yes I know that not everyone can walk but the majority can.

The other way to improve the traffic is if more people leave maybe 10 mins before the end of the game.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Potential Capacity on 10:25 - Aug 19 with 1323 viewsairedale

Potential Capacity on 09:09 - Aug 19 by raynor94

Swansea has been a disaster in development terms for donkeys years before the WAG was even created, I'm not holding my breath on the new development, and how long is it going to take to demolish the Top Rank and build new Council offices, I might not even see it in my lifetime

Where are they going to build new council offices?
Potential Capacity on 11:17 - Aug 19 with 1288 viewsplasjack

Potential Capacity on 10:25 - Aug 19 by airedale

In a portakabin on the beach.
Potential Capacity on 11:51 - Aug 19 with 1267 viewsraynor94

Potential Capacity on 10:25 - Aug 19 by airedale

Where the Rank is!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Potential Capacity on 11:54 - Aug 19 with 1262 viewsairedale

Potential Capacity on 11:17 - Aug 19 by plasjack

They can't do that mun, there's millionaire flats going to be overlooking the beach, so they don't want tatty old council employees spoiling the vista no matter how nicely the portakabins are painted.
Potential Capacity on 11:56 - Aug 19 with 1256 viewsairedale

Potential Capacity on 11:51 - Aug 19 by raynor94

Where the Rank is!

Can't see that. They're being booted out of one prime site as it is. Better if they put them up with the alkis on the top of High Street in that high rise building. They could rename it Swansea Tower or something.
Potential Capacity on 12:04 - Aug 19 with 1245 viewsraynor94

Potential Capacity on 11:56 - Aug 19 by airedale

Can't see that. They're being booted out of one prime site as it is. Better if they put them up with the alkis on the top of High Street in that high rise building. They could rename it Swansea Tower or something.

"Can't see that" it's already been passed, the Kingsway is going to be a business quarter

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Potential Capacity on 12:06 - Aug 19 with 1241 viewsairedale

Potential Capacity on 12:04 - Aug 19 by raynor94

"Can't see that" it's already been passed, the Kingsway is going to be a business quarter

Yes, I've heard that too.
Login to get fewer ads

Potential Capacity on 12:15 - Aug 19 with 1231 viewsLandore_Jack

In fairness to Mike Hedges, he is pushing to get Landore Station re-opened. That would improve transport links and ease traffic congestion around the stadium.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2016 12:16]

#backtojack

Potential Capacity on 12:16 - Aug 19 with 1227 viewsplasjack

Potential Capacity on 11:17 - Aug 19 by plasjack

Cocacabana beach look out.
Potential Capacity on 12:20 - Aug 19 with 1215 viewsLandore_Jack

Article from last September:

A spokeswoman for Network Rail explained it is not funded to re-open disused stations, but added: "Should a funding stream be identified we would be happy to work with the relevant funder and our rail industry partners to investigate an appropriate scheme to re-open the station."

And to that, a Welsh Government spokesman said: "As part of our National Transport Finance Plan we have committed to developing a criteria to assess if there is justification for opening new or re-opening railway stations in Wales."

"We will be seeking to maximise funding opportunities with the rail industry to fund sites which meet the criteria. Landore is included in the locations to be assessed."

Mrs Hart, said: "Landore, that is something that is being currently discussed, and not just because we've got a Premier League club."

Anybody know the assessment outcome for Landore Station?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2016 13:23]

#backtojack

Potential Capacity on 13:06 - Aug 19 with 1157 viewsblaine_scfc

Not read the thread, don't know the ins and outs of why this hasn't happened, but I for one agree with club prioritising other things over increasing capacity.

I know people will have strong opinions on this which will be diffrent to mine, but I think we would struggle to sell out 25,000 for most games. Are support is over hyped by many in my opinion. Tickets are not hard to come by, we still have tickets for sale v Hukl tomorrow, first home game of a premier league season.

Couple of thousand extra wouldn't do no harm, but anything more would be a waste in my humble opinion.
Potential Capacity on 13:10 - Aug 19 with 1159 viewsplasjack

Potential Capacity on 12:20 - Aug 19 by Landore_Jack

Article from last September:

A spokeswoman for Network Rail explained it is not funded to re-open disused stations, but added: "Should a funding stream be identified we would be happy to work with the relevant funder and our rail industry partners to investigate an appropriate scheme to re-open the station."

And to that, a Welsh Government spokesman said: "As part of our National Transport Finance Plan we have committed to developing a criteria to assess if there is justification for opening new or re-opening railway stations in Wales."

"We will be seeking to maximise funding opportunities with the rail industry to fund sites which meet the criteria. Landore is included in the locations to be assessed."

Mrs Hart, said: "Landore, that is something that is being currently discussed, and not just because we've got a Premier League club."

Anybody know the assessment outcome for Landore Station?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2016 13:23]

Stop the train on the viaduct bridge and slide fans into the stadium on matchdays, a good tourist attraction, not sure about health and safety though.
Potential Capacity on 13:25 - Aug 19 with 1145 viewsnorthwesternjack

My view on it is that sometimes we don't sell out because the seats are odd around the ground - I don't have a season ticket and buy tickets to home games as and when but when I do, I always find it difficult to get 2 or more seats together so I reckon we could sell out - or nearly sell out a 25k seats against the smaller teams especially with a bit of advertising to inform people that they have a better chance of getting 2-4 tickets together
Potential Capacity on 13:47 - Aug 19 with 1122 viewsjack247

Potential Capacity on 13:06 - Aug 19 by blaine_scfc

Not read the thread, don't know the ins and outs of why this hasn't happened, but I for one agree with club prioritising other things over increasing capacity.

I know people will have strong opinions on this which will be diffrent to mine, but I think we would struggle to sell out 25,000 for most games. Are support is over hyped by many in my opinion. Tickets are not hard to come by, we still have tickets for sale v Hukl tomorrow, first home game of a premier league season.

Couple of thousand extra wouldn't do no harm, but anything more would be a waste in my humble opinion.

Agree with this totally. I really don't think we are preventing future generations from supporting the Swans to anything like the degree some claim. It's easy to get tickets for near enough any game.

Going up to 25,000 would be ample and even that should be a far lower priority than keeping the team competitive.
Potential Capacity on 13:52 - Aug 19 with 1118 viewsMurph75

Potential Capacity on 13:47 - Aug 19 by jack247

Agree with this totally. I really don't think we are preventing future generations from supporting the Swans to anything like the degree some claim. It's easy to get tickets for near enough any game.

Going up to 25,000 would be ample and even that should be a far lower priority than keeping the team competitive.

It's more about being able to sell more season tickets which our current capacity prevents. The alleged 8k on the waiting list is evidence that the ground needs expanding to a certain degree.

Season tickets are guaranteed income for the cub.
Potential Capacity on 14:09 - Aug 19 with 1093 viewsjack247

Potential Capacity on 13:52 - Aug 19 by Murph75

It's more about being able to sell more season tickets which our current capacity prevents. The alleged 8k on the waiting list is evidence that the ground needs expanding to a certain degree.

Season tickets are guaranteed income for the cub.

I'd be amazed if there were 8,000 people ready to buy season tickets. Where does the figure come from?
Potential Capacity on 14:16 - Aug 19 with 1087 viewsMurph75

Potential Capacity on 14:09 - Aug 19 by jack247

I'd be amazed if there were 8,000 people ready to buy season tickets. Where does the figure come from?

Seen the figure mentioned on here a few times. I know there is a waiting list. Maybe 8k is one of those urban myths?!
Potential Capacity on 14:45 - Aug 19 with 1053 viewsowainglyndwr

There should be some kind of park and ride at Pontardawe it is a major hub in the Swansea Valley leading to Brecon, Neath and Amman Valley.
Potential Capacity on 14:49 - Aug 19 with 1042 viewsmonmouth

Potential Capacity on 14:16 - Aug 19 by Murph75

Seen the figure mentioned on here a few times. I know there is a waiting list. Maybe 8k is one of those urban myths?!

I can't remember anyone saying 8K. There was a 5K mentioned at one time before any deposits were taken but I'd be surprised if it were anything near that if people had to actually commit and cough up.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Potential Capacity on 14:54 - Aug 19 with 1063 viewstomdickharry

Tickets on sale for tomorrows game,get relegated and there will be row after row of empty seats.
Potential Capacity on 15:01 - Aug 19 with 1054 viewsMurph75

Potential Capacity on 14:54 - Aug 19 by tomdickharry

Tickets on sale for tomorrows game,get relegated and there will be row after row of empty seats.

Nothing like a bit of positivity before the 1st home game of the season.
Potential Capacity on 15:05 - Aug 19 with 1043 viewsblaine_scfc

Potential Capacity on 15:01 - Aug 19 by Murph75

Nothing like a bit of positivity before the 1st home game of the season.

What he has said is true though unfortunately.
Potential Capacity on 15:15 - Aug 19 with 1036 viewsMurph75

Potential Capacity on 15:05 - Aug 19 by blaine_scfc

What he has said is true though unfortunately.

Jeez in all the times we've been in this league at no point come the end of the season have we come close to going down.

Small time mentality gives you a small time outlook.
Potential Capacity on 16:29 - Aug 19 with 981 viewsblaine_scfc

Potential Capacity on 15:15 - Aug 19 by Murph75

Jeez in all the times we've been in this league at no point come the end of the season have we come close to going down.

Small time mentality gives you a small time outlook.

No I don't think we are going down, but if we did, the Liberty would be half empty. We have not got the support some people would like to think we have.

25k would be suitable imo, any more would be a waste of time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024