Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton 11:27 - Jan 16 with 18647 viewsFDC

According to a few places.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 18:34 - Jan 16 with 1911 views1MoreBrightonR

Saints was one of the better options if you ask me...
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 18:43 - Jan 16 with 1878 viewsDunstable_hoop

I would be very interested to find out how the Caulker deal went down.

I can easily imagine a deal having been struck to avoid us paying back part of the £2m on the proviso that we push through the Austin transfer to avoid a bidding war. Add a loan fee from Liverpool of, what, £1m for 6 months?

£7m for "6 months left" Austin and Caulker to still be out on loan then doesn't sound too bad.

In addition to this, sky sources may well be incorrect!!
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 18:45 - Jan 16 with 1872 viewsPommyhoop

As I'm sure someone has mentioned ( cant read 6 pages this early) us offloading Charlie now for the comparatively low amount of 4 mill surely means we have finally put the promotion bllx to bed.Now JFH can get down to the serious business of building a team we will all start to like and identify with.
The loss of 11 mil is a tiny price to pay if it makes me feel a little bit better.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 18:48 - Jan 16 with 1860 viewsDorse

talkSpurt commentary frotting themselves into a frenzy, talking about Charlie watching the game, Charlie smiling, Charlie clapping. I was waiting for a misplaced pass to go into the crowd and he head it back into play, scoring his first goal in the process. They would have prolapsed.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 18:49 - Jan 16 with 1857 viewsHarbour

Thank you Charlie you were a great servant to this club always gave 100 per cent scored loads of goals in championship and premier league never took the mick respected the club and fans. I wish you the best I hope you are a success with Southampton and get called up for England...you will always be a legend to rangers fans....when you come back to Loftus Road I will give you a good reception...
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 18:52 - Jan 16 with 1840 viewsShunter

"Charlie Austin: QPR striker is a snip at £15m - Jermaine Jenas"

Okay,

LF says CA will not leave for less the 15 million

CA says he will stay to the end of his contract

bye bye CA for 4 million

All the best Charlie, thanks for all those wonderful goals

LF - your useless !!
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 19:41 - Jan 16 with 1768 viewsdistortR

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 18:52 - Jan 16 by Shunter

Okay,

bye bye CA for 4 million

LF - your useless !!

Your useless -says it all really.

This uninformed negativity is really starting to wind me up.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 19:51 - Jan 16 with 1737 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 19:41 - Jan 16 by distortR

Amen brother.
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 19:53 - Jan 16 with 1727 viewsPommyhoop

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 19:51 - Jan 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Amen brother.

After a 3 nill away win too.
You couldn't make it up.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 19:57 - Jan 16 with 1716 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 19:53 - Jan 16 by Pommyhoop

After a 3 nill away win too.
You couldn't make it up.

Legends shouldn't be given a free ride, thats fair enough, but Les has been in charge since yesterday and some are already condemning him to Zelic status.

I sometimes feel we get what we deserve as fans sometimes. Success would be wasted on some of us.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 20:08 - Jan 16 with 1674 viewsBrightonhoop

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 18:52 - Jan 16 by Shunter

Okay,

bye bye CA for 4 million

LF - your useless !!

You fell for the spin.

Nobody offered £15 Mil, didn't ket him go for £12 either. All said well done the Club, why should we get shafted?

Window closes and CA, out of contract in the summer becomes financially worthless to QPR, his goals might keep us up. Ends up injured. His goals weren't happening because he wasn't fit. Tells all and sundry he is staying, changes his mind when Southampton come sniffing and is gone. £4 Mil in the bank for a player with no commercial value is pretty good business, no>?

Now he's gone we can get on with building a future without him, as we would have had to in four months time anyway. And shock horror today we bagged 3 away for as long as I can remember. CA didn't get on the score sheet.

Loved CA and wish him well but for QPR it's a win-win. 3 points and £4 mil is a pretty good day at the office. UUURRRRSSSSSss/
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 20:09 - Jan 16 with 1670 viewsMatch82

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 19:41 - Jan 16 by distortR

I think it's a wind up. At least, I hope so!
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 21:29 - Jan 16 with 1584 viewsbaz_qpr

I read its £4m + add ons potentially up to 8m. Chaz has played it really well, did not sign a contract on promotion, got off to a flyer and made his mark, from that point on it was about setting up the right move, the longer the contract goes on the more he gets and given his age its likely to be his "big" move, would have got a whopper of signing on fee and higher wage.

Best of luck to him, once in a generation striker fro a club like ours.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 16:14 - Jan 17 with 1374 viewsted_hendrix

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 13:46 - Jan 16 by ted_hendrix

Anyone at St Mary's when he scored the equaliser? absolute prime piece of skill from the bloke, of course we lost the game after that but when he scored that goal we went nuts.

Some of his goals in the Prem are now on the BBC football web page thingy video, including that great goal at St Mary's.
Gonna miss him.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 16:58 - Jan 17 with 1278 viewsdaveB

Some of the stick the club are getting is ridiculous,. Southampton played it beautifully, they wanted Austin, he wanted to go to them but they were in no rush so rather than pay 12-15million in August they wait six months and get him for 4 million, if they were having a better season i expect they'd have waited till the summer.

Nothing QPR can do, he turned down a new deal and wanted to go, no blame on any side really. If we had turned this deal down we have an unhappy player who will go on a free in the summer and the same people moaning today would be moaning we turned down money in January for him.

What we were offered in the summer means nothing as Austin didn't want to go to Leicester or Newcastle

Good luck to him and actually a sign we are going to live in the real world for the first time in a decade by selling off some of these players
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 17:49 - Jan 17 with 1215 views2Thomas2Bowles

Think he was always going to them (unless top 4 came in) both he and they were willing to wait till summer, maybe they twitched and moved in now, I don't think CA lied just it changed.

Sad to see him go but maybe got a bit of money when we would not have in the summer.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 17:53 - Jan 17 with 1206 viewsfrancisbowles

Some reports are stating 4 up to another 4 in add ons. If that's true, then it's a pretty good deal as he has a poor injury record and only a few months left on his contract. Not just for his sake, I hope he stays fit and is individually a great success.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 17:56 - Jan 17 with 1201 viewsPinnerPaul

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 17:49 - Jan 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Think he was always going to them (unless top 4 came in) both he and they were willing to wait till summer, maybe they twitched and moved in now, I don't think CA lied just it changed.

Sad to see him go but maybe got a bit of money when we would not have in the summer.

and also as one internet piece mentioned, you could easily see him using Soton as a stepping stone to a top 4 club.

Law of the jungle, Soton highest they can reasonably expect is to qualify for EL. Charlie as 1 1/2 great seasons , bangs in 30 goals, a top 4/6 club will come sniffing and he will go.

From our not so lofty lower half/mid table Championship standing, we now have to expect any of our players to go if they/club get a decent offer from above.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 18:11 - Jan 17 with 1170 viewsTacticalR

Personal Terms. Wasn't that a Steven Seagal movie?

Air hostess clique

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 18:21 - Jan 17 with 1158 views2Thomas2Bowles

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 17:56 - Jan 17 by PinnerPaul

and also as one internet piece mentioned, you could easily see him using Soton as a stepping stone to a top 4 club.

Law of the jungle, Soton highest they can reasonably expect is to qualify for EL. Charlie as 1 1/2 great seasons , bangs in 30 goals, a top 4/6 club will come sniffing and he will go.

From our not so lofty lower half/mid table Championship standing, we now have to expect any of our players to go if they/club get a decent offer from above.

I said as much yesterday, keeps the goalscoring going and they could sell him in a year for 15-20M
Did not work that way for us but if he gets in their team he may score more with better players around him.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 18:25]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 22:22 - Jan 17 with 1047 viewsShunter

Rodney Marsh ✔ @RodneyMarsh10
Worst piece of business in 20 years ....
12:17 PM - 16 Jan 2016 · Tampa, FL, United States

Rodney Marsh on Twitter........
Says it all really !
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 22:31 - Jan 17 with 1028 viewsisawqpratwcity

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 22:22 - Jan 17 by Shunter

Says it all really !

Yes, thanks, Rodney. I always look forward to your commentary on the club (Warning: sarcasm alert!).

Can you get Twitter with a Tampa-proof lid?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 22:39 - Jan 17 with 1012 viewsdistortR

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 22:22 - Jan 17 by Shunter

Says it all really !

Mate, don't want to seem to be digging you out, but in my opinion rodney should have shut up circa 1992. Wonderful, wonderful player etc but he's annoyed me plenty in the past.

Pure conjecture on my part, but i always reckoned charlie had something lined up - his right. And for family reasons he was never going to go to certain clubs - he has my full respect for that. i wonder if something has happened that has made this move happen earlier than anticipated - Southampton's poor form or charlie wanting to push forward his claim to an England place, whatever, good luck to him and we've got some money to spend and some money off the wage bill. 'Then get rid of green, sandro etc' - yeah right.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 22:41 - Jan 17 with 1002 viewsdistortR

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 22:31 - Jan 17 by isawqpratwcity

Yes, thanks, Rodney. I always look forward to your commentary on the club (Warning: sarcasm alert!).

Can you get Twitter with a Tampa-proof lid?

Aha, stayed off my high horse this time!
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 00:03 - Jan 18 with 964 viewsdaveB

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 14:48 - Jan 16 by Vish

Maybe he is actually injured.

Players are able to pass medicals whilst being injured.

Koeman spoke after the game yesterday about Austin having a hamstring injury and is only just coming back from that
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024