Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton 11:27 - Jan 16 with 18648 viewsFDC

According to a few places.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:21 - Jan 16 with 2389 viewsJuzzie

Players have all the power these days. I believe we tried to tie him down to a new contract but he didnt want to.
So, what choices do we have? Let him go in the summer for nothing (people will moan) or try and get something in January (same people will moan).

Any fee we get for him will not be about his worth, we know he's worth a lot, but merely buying him out of his remaining few months with us.

Those pointing the finger at Les/the club, please tell me what could have been done different?

In hindsight we could have sold him for £12m in the summer to Leicester, the only offer, but people would have moaned and we'd probably now be further down the table without Austins 10 goals.

As said, players have all the power these days.

Im gutted as he's been one of our rare successes but good luck to him as he's always conducted himself well and at least gave Terry some grief in the game at LR last season.

[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 12:31]
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:22 - Jan 16 with 2384 viewsDiscodroids

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 11:42 - Jan 16 by LowerloftLad

Remy and Austin gone for 12mill we will be right behind Bolton for worlds worst run clubs I know his contract was up this will see 4/5 more players handing in transfer requests

But all the best to Charlie you have been fantastic for QPR

here here.

utter spacker sex dwarf running our club.

edit. good luck charles, glad you joined southampton and not those knees up- wife beaters-la coste wearing w,ankers at west Ham.

4 million quid..

Cant wait to see that F ucking Dune Mentat Fernandes ,computating his positive spin on twitter in Harkonen, Vulcan, Romulan , Pashtun , Russian and his mother tongue , bollocks.the cnt.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 12:29]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:22 - Jan 16 with 2381 viewsvblockranger

"For me, it was important to come to a club that's on the up and that's what I've got here."
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:24 - Jan 16 with 2348 viewscollegeranger

I am sure the club will put the spin on it that we got our money back etc etc as we only paid £4m for him. Don't blame him going but I think he may have been happier hanging on and going to someone better than Soton in the summer. Good luck Charlie.
As others have said we are now the club that is neither a buying club ...... no money and Fair Play hanging over us or a selling club as everyone else know we are in a creek that's brown and lost the paddle ages ago and we get negotiated out of deals for those that are ending their contracts leaving or those who are desperate to leave. To be honest with Caulker we should have told Liverpool gives us £8m or Fook Off. They would have paid as they are desperate! Instead he goes there will probably be dire not get regular game time once their other CBs are fit and his value will continue to diminish! Meanwhile as much as he didnt want to play in the Championship he will could be coming back to a club in the summer staring at life in League One!!
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:24 - Jan 16 with 2343 viewsQPR1882

And after the Hull game on live tv

' I have spoken to Les and he has my promise i will not be going anywhere in January, i will be here to the end of the season "
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:25 - Jan 16 with 2340 viewsconnell10

The thing that pisses me off is the lie that the club put out that chaz was injured, focking cant stand that boolox. Treat the fans with some sort of respect ffs!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:25 - Jan 16 with 2340 viewsozexile

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:21 - Jan 16 by Juzzie

Players have all the power these days. I believe we tried to tie him down to a new contract but he didnt want to.
So, what choices do we have? Let him go in the summer for nothing (people will moan) or try and get something in January (same people will moan).

Any fee we get for him will not be about his worth, we know he's worth a lot, but merely buying him out of his remaining few months with us.

Those pointing the finger at Les/the club, please tell me what could have been done different?

In hindsight we could have sold him for £12m in the summer to Leicester, the only offer, but people would have moaned and we'd probably now be further down the table without Austins 10 goals.

As said, players have all the power these days.

Im gutted as he's been one of our rare successes but good luck to him as he's always conducted himself well and at least gave Terry some grief in the game at LR last season.

[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 12:31]

Great post and true. But when are we going to get a nice bargain. We pay top dollar for players and then give them away.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:27 - Jan 16 with 2294 viewsBrazilNutR

Didn't we pay 4m for him.... so in gambling terms we got our stake back, and obviously he had a big impact while here, so seems like a good bit of business if you compare it to the majority of our recent signings, and not sure we had much power to do much else... better take 4m now than nothing in the summer.
I guess if the rest of the team had managed to put us in a promotion position, then he might have stayed/had a chance of signing a new contract

Thanks for the memories Chaz...

Move overe rover, let Polter take over!
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:27 - Jan 16 with 2294 viewsJamie

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:24 - Jan 16 by QPR1882

' I have spoken to Les and he has my promise i will not be going anywhere in January, i will be here to the end of the season "

You think he went against the clubs wishes?
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:29 - Jan 16 with 2281 viewsrsonist

I don't really have too many problems with how the board handled his situation to be honest. Wasn't the worst plan to keep him once that became an option but the injuries got out of hand.

Having said that I've always thought we've have been far better off in the long term and it turns out the short as well if we'd just set a course for rebuilding and taken the first £10m + bid we could get for him as soon as possible. That indecision and lack of clarity is the root cause of all this season's problems. We had plenty of time to sort ourselves out.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:30 - Jan 16 with 2264 viewsElHoop

It's good news that we've got some money for him as that didn't look like happening, but obviously bad news that he's leaving us. Clearly we need another striker coming in (or maybe two) so hopefully they've got someone lined up. A win today would be good for the club and would help us with any new signings we might be trying for.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:30 - Jan 16 with 2264 viewsWadR

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:31 - Jan 16 with 2248 viewsA40Bosh

Wrote an entry in my diary this morning.
Simply says
Bugger!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:31 - Jan 16 with 2247 viewsterryb

Thank you Charlie.

You have been brilliant for us. Good luck
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:32 - Jan 16 with 2231 viewsQPR1882

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:27 - Jan 16 by Jamie

You think he went against the clubs wishes?

No i think he knew at the time Southampton were interested in him and he had every intention to go
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:35 - Jan 16 with 1802 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Don't want to piss on everyone's cornflakes but £4m is a fart in a hurricane seeing as last year we made a loss of a reported £64m or something. We brought him for £4m for fvck sake!

I'm no amateur QPR accountant like some but i'm willing to bet our losses will dwarf that £4m.

Good luck Chaz etc etc.

P.S Lets not be surprised if QPR go out and spunk £5m on Roberto Baggio or Gabriel Batistuta.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 12:37]
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:37 - Jan 16 with 1784 viewsSimonJames

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:31 - Jan 16 by A40Bosh

Wrote an entry in my diary this morning.
Simply says
Bugger!

Perhaps you should try this instead:

100% of people who drink water will die.

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:38 - Jan 16 with 1775 viewsJamie

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:32 - Jan 16 by QPR1882

No i think he knew at the time Southampton were interested in him and he had every intention to go

He's known for ages that Southampton were interested. He would've gone in the summer, terms etc were all agreed down there but they couldn't sell Pelle. He was always off the second they made a bid.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:40 - Jan 16 with 1748 viewsSomersetHoops

I imagine Charlie got a signing-on fee, as he would have if he waited until the season and his contract end and I suspect the time taken on this deal was in agreeing personal terms including a lump up-front. If I had been him I wouldn't have gone anywhere without a couple of mil. or thereabouts up-front, so Southampton have probably paid QPR 4 mil. plus 2 to Charlie still too cheap really. We could have got more in the summer, but the club's stupid attitude put paid to that. How many games has Charlie played for us this season?

Who's Next?

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:42 - Jan 16 with 1728 viewsfrancisbowles

I don't think any bigger clubs (than Soton) wanted him. He has a good goalscoring habit (sometimes assisted by dodgy keepers) and is good in the air. However, he is slow, wastes possession with wild shots, not great at the lone striker role (although he has improved) and injury prone.

I think the only decent bid we got in the summer was from Leicester and their was considerable interest from Newcastle. He didn't want to go to either.

It's a good move for him, he has probably negotiated a big sign on fee, so for the club it was take what you can get now or nowt in the summer.

Thanks for all your efforts Charlie and good luck for the future.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:42 - Jan 16 with 1717 viewsNW10Hoop

Surprisingly gutted this has finally happened. Loved having him at QPR. His signing was an unequivocal success, I wish him all the best and hope he goes on to prove to the rest of the country just how good we know he is
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:43 - Jan 16 with 1710 viewsPommyhoop

Fair play Charlie.
Good luck my man...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:45 - Jan 16 with 1681 viewsJuzzie

Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:24 - Jan 16 by QPR1882

Anything players, managers & chairmen say is bs, thats why i don't bother with pressers or post match interviews etc. You can see them scratching their ear, nose, forehead or tugging at their ear lobes. These are all signs that what they are saying isn't what they are thinking.
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:45 - Jan 16 with 1681 views1MoreBrightonR

£4 million is depressing but you know what, I was glad that we were holding out for more than 12 million in the summer so who am I to criticise the clubs strategy on this.

Favourite player in years...proper old school striker and sad to see him go though rather see him at saints than most teams
Charlie agreed personal terms with Southampton on 12:47 - Jan 16 with 1659 viewsrsonist

Ludicrous we didn't give him a new contract between Wembley and the end of 2014 really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024