Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Young lad in the east stand 11:56 - Aug 31 with 20482 viewsBenJ94

Saw a young lad leaving the east stand yesterday after the game in a full Manchester United kit. I suppose you can only the parents. If I were a steward, I'd have stopped them from going in.
Young lad in the east stand on 20:54 - Sep 1 with 1649 viewsperchrockjack

Young lad in the east stand on 20:48 - Sep 1 by dailew

Or Wales rugby to win the 6 nations or wales football to win the world cup.

Lose an argument on a site like this.

Think about that.

I mean think

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Young lad in the east stand on 21:10 - Sep 1 with 1639 viewsNeath_Jack

I prefer watching the national rugby side than the football side.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Young lad in the east stand on 21:40 - Sep 1 with 1607 viewsTrundle10

Young lad in the east stand on 21:10 - Sep 1 by Neath_Jack

I prefer watching the national rugby side than the football side.

I am not really interested in either tbh. Swansea all the way for me. Would prefer to watch Wales rugby than Wales football given the choice on tv although i would not pay to watch either of them.
Young lad in the east stand on 21:42 - Sep 1 with 1599 viewsjack247

Young lad in the east stand on 19:12 - Sep 1 by Trundle10

A lot of people are totally uninterested in the regions. Totally disenfranchised which makes yours a mute point. Swimming is the biggest participation sport in England. What is their national sport??

So rugby is the national sport even though a lot of people couldn't care less about it? You make it sound like Swansea, Neath and Llanelli were superpowers pre regionalisation. St. Helens and the Gnoll make the Vetch look like the Bernabeu.

Swimming would be their national sport if it had the biggest participation, attendance at galas and watching on TV. It doesn't. The vast majority of swimmers, joggers and fishermen (which I would guess are the three biggest participation sports) do it as a hobby, not a sport i.e. they dont compete against anyone.

The World Cup is on soon, I'll watch all the Wales games in the pub, I'd even go if someone gave me a freebie. After it's over, I won't care and probably won't even know when the Ospreys are playing. Presumably, you would class me as a rugby fan, as I'm no different to the vast majority.

Don't let the concept of Hwyl and lazy stereotypes get in the way of reality.
Young lad in the east stand on 22:04 - Sep 1 with 1567 viewsTrundle10

Young lad in the east stand on 21:42 - Sep 1 by jack247

So rugby is the national sport even though a lot of people couldn't care less about it? You make it sound like Swansea, Neath and Llanelli were superpowers pre regionalisation. St. Helens and the Gnoll make the Vetch look like the Bernabeu.

Swimming would be their national sport if it had the biggest participation, attendance at galas and watching on TV. It doesn't. The vast majority of swimmers, joggers and fishermen (which I would guess are the three biggest participation sports) do it as a hobby, not a sport i.e. they dont compete against anyone.

The World Cup is on soon, I'll watch all the Wales games in the pub, I'd even go if someone gave me a freebie. After it's over, I won't care and probably won't even know when the Ospreys are playing. Presumably, you would class me as a rugby fan, as I'm no different to the vast majority.

Don't let the concept of Hwyl and lazy stereotypes get in the way of reality.

Neath, Swansea and Llanelli were getting bigger crowds than Swansea City back when we we were in the basement and they were doing well in Europe (llanelli). Wales is a rugby country like it or not. I personally prefer football but the national rugby team is what most people follow as you well know.
Young lad in the east stand on 22:05 - Sep 1 with 1566 viewsJackSomething

Young lad in the east stand on 20:54 - Sep 1 by perchrockjack

Lose an argument on a site like this.

Think about that.

I mean think

I'm guessing you meant to quote my post. If losing an argument on a site like this is so meaningless, why do you get so worked up about it?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Young lad in the east stand on 22:06 - Sep 1 with 1557 viewsjack247

Young lad in the east stand on 22:04 - Sep 1 by Trundle10

Neath, Swansea and Llanelli were getting bigger crowds than Swansea City back when we we were in the basement and they were doing well in Europe (llanelli). Wales is a rugby country like it or not. I personally prefer football but the national rugby team is what most people follow as you well know.

I'm not saying football has always been our national sport. I'm saying it is now.

Would you class me as a rugby supporter based on the fact I will watch the World Cup games?
Young lad in the east stand on 22:21 - Sep 1 with 1535 viewsTrundle10

Young lad in the east stand on 22:06 - Sep 1 by jack247

I'm not saying football has always been our national sport. I'm saying it is now.

Would you class me as a rugby supporter based on the fact I will watch the World Cup games?

I have no idea what you are. It is irrelevant. Your argument does not stack up.

Picture Chris Tarrant on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire......

Jack247, u are on the one Million Pound Question. No lifelines left!

What is the National Sport of Wales.....

Is it A) Football B) Ice Hockey C) Rugby Union D) Cricket

What would you pick Jack247????

Login to get fewer ads

Young lad in the east stand on 22:35 - Sep 1 with 1516 viewsjack247

Young lad in the east stand on 22:21 - Sep 1 by Trundle10

The reason you have no idea is because I clearly am not a real rugby fan, but view rugby in the same way as the vast majority of the people who will watch them in the World Cup. It is not irrelevant at all, it is the very essence of the point. Whichever answer you gave would have pretty much proved my point, so you chose to talk about Chris Tarrant.

Tell me which points in my argument don't stack up and which in yours do.
Young lad in the east stand on 22:40 - Sep 1 with 1508 viewsTrundle10

Young lad in the east stand on 22:35 - Sep 1 by jack247

The reason you have no idea is because I clearly am not a real rugby fan, but view rugby in the same way as the vast majority of the people who will watch them in the World Cup. It is not irrelevant at all, it is the very essence of the point. Whichever answer you gave would have pretty much proved my point, so you chose to talk about Chris Tarrant.

Tell me which points in my argument don't stack up and which in yours do.

Truthfully answer my hypothetical chris Tarrant question first my friend?
Young lad in the east stand on 22:48 - Sep 1 with 1487 viewsjack247

Young lad in the east stand on 22:40 - Sep 1 by Trundle10

Truthfully answer my hypothetical chris Tarrant question first my friend?

A) Football
Young lad in the east stand on 23:09 - Sep 1 with 1469 viewsTrundle10

Young lad in the east stand on 22:48 - Sep 1 by jack247

A) Football

You have just lost £468,000. The reality is you would have picked rugby, the reason for this is that it is our national sport. Google it.

Wales' rugby team is more important to the Welsh population and the Welsh economy than welsh football has ever been. Whether people only watch internationals or only like the social day out at the rugby makes absolutely no difference they are still more interested in Wales rugby no matter what their views are on the regions or how many club games they Watch Tv viewing figures are astronomical too. The Welsh public are more interested in Wales rugby than they are in Wales football. 5000 people turned up in North Wales to watch a training session ffs! It sells out a 72000 seater stadium for most games. It is a massive brand. It is THE sport the vast majority of people in Wales care most about which makes it the national sport of Wales.
Young lad in the east stand on 23:15 - Sep 1 with 1450 viewsRancid

It's only our National sport when Wales play and everyone gets pissed.At club level football pisses all over the egg in Wales.
Young lad in the east stand on 23:37 - Sep 1 with 1405 viewsJackSomething

Young lad in the east stand on 23:09 - Sep 1 by Trundle10

You have just lost £468,000. The reality is you would have picked rugby, the reason for this is that it is our national sport. Google it.

Wales' rugby team is more important to the Welsh population and the Welsh economy than welsh football has ever been. Whether people only watch internationals or only like the social day out at the rugby makes absolutely no difference they are still more interested in Wales rugby no matter what their views are on the regions or how many club games they Watch Tv viewing figures are astronomical too. The Welsh public are more interested in Wales rugby than they are in Wales football. 5000 people turned up in North Wales to watch a training session ffs! It sells out a 72000 seater stadium for most games. It is a massive brand. It is THE sport the vast majority of people in Wales care most about which makes it the national sport of Wales.

He wouldn't have lost anything as a quiz show would not ask a question that does not have a definitive answer. What a ridiculous way to try and prove your point.

If you Google it by the way, the majority of results seem to be debates about what is Wales' national sport. I didn't see any results that backed your argument up.

Your second paragraph is all opinion with nothing to back it up. The facts are that more people in Wales play and watch football than rugby. Case closed.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Young lad in the east stand on 00:20 - Sep 2 with 1368 viewsdailew

Young lad in the east stand on 22:21 - Sep 1 by Trundle10

Millionaire famously had no trick questions.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Young lad in the east stand on 00:25 - Sep 2 with 1352 viewsDJack

Young lad in the east stand on 14:16 - Sep 1 by jackonicko

There are rules in rugby???

I thought the ref just randomly blew the whistle, said something vague about "offside" and then decided if he could be bothered to set up a scrum. If he couldn't be bothered, it was a penalty kick.

You mean there's more than that?

You could have changed a few of the terms and replaced "rugby" with "financial/banking sector" and it would have been the same.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Young lad in the east stand on 00:44 - Sep 2 with 1334 viewsBanosswan

Young lad in the east stand on 23:15 - Sep 1 by Rancid

It's only our National sport when Wales play and everyone gets pissed.At club level football pisses all over the egg in Wales.

At the professional level maybe, but I bet that the difference at local club level is much bigger towards rugby.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Young lad in the east stand on 03:43 - Sep 2 with 1290 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Young lad in the east stand on 23:15 - Sep 1 by Rancid

Does it?

Swansea v Manchester United is not really club level football in Wales. It's the best club in Wales playing in the English league to get meaningful competition.

Club level football in Wales is Port Talbot v Bangor City. It's a pitiful standard watched by a dozen blokes and two dogs. National sport? Nah.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Young lad in the east stand on 06:33 - Sep 2 with 1255 viewsjack247

Young lad in the east stand on 23:09 - Sep 1 by Trundle10

Google it? I'm almost tempted to do a laughing smiley there Trunds. You know how the internet works right?

If we are playing lazy stereotypical Who want to be a Millionaire, here are a few more from Chris.

1. In which industry has more Welsh people working in it than any other?

A. Retail
B. Coal Mining
C. Call Centres
D. Health

2. Which is the more popular christian name in Wales?

A. Ianto
B. Michael
C. Thomas
D. William

3. Which is the most commonly owned pet in Wales

A. Cat
B. Dog.
C. Rabbit
D. Dragon

And a final bonus question, which you have so far neglected to answer twice, if a man watches the World Cup games, but couldn't care less about Welsh rugby the rest of the season, does that make him a Welsh rugby fan?
Young lad in the east stand on 06:47 - Sep 2 with 1250 viewsjack247

Young lad in the east stand on 03:43 - Sep 2 by Joe_bradshaw

Does it?

Swansea v Manchester United is not really club level football in Wales. It's the best club in Wales playing in the English league to get meaningful competition.

Club level football in Wales is Port Talbot v Bangor City. It's a pitiful standard watched by a dozen blokes and two dogs. National sport? Nah.

Our last game against Cardiff was sold out, bar the seats left empty for segregation. Yes that was in the Premier League. Ospreys etc. play in a league with Welsh, Irish, Scottish and Itslian teams, also to get meaningful competition.

I'm sure if you picked two random rugby teams that played in the Welh league, the attendance wouldn't be much better than Port Talbot v Bangor.
Young lad in the east stand on 07:20 - Sep 2 with 1229 viewsTrundle10

Young lad in the east stand on 06:33 - Sep 2 by jack247

Google it? I'm almost tempted to do a laughing smiley there Trunds. You know how the internet works right?

If we are playing lazy stereotypical Who want to be a Millionaire, here are a few more from Chris.

1. In which industry has more Welsh people working in it than any other?

A. Retail
B. Coal Mining
C. Call Centres
D. Health

2. Which is the more popular christian name in Wales?

A. Ianto
B. Michael
C. Thomas
D. William

3. Which is the most commonly owned pet in Wales

A. Cat
B. Dog.
C. Rabbit
D. Dragon

And a final bonus question, which you have so far neglected to answer twice, if a man watches the World Cup games, but couldn't care less about Welsh rugby the rest of the season, does that make him a Welsh rugby fan?

Why would it be that they couldn't care less after the world cup??? Wales sell out 90% of the time 70,000 plus. Wales football really struggles to sell out Legoland..... Still with me??

Cardiff City while they were premier league they sell out their stadium and their crowds in the second tier are a shambles (which actually is proof that people couldn't care less). Swansea get decent crowds but if our stadium was 25000 apart from against the glamour clubs we would struggle to sell out (especially if there was a rugby international on) when we were in the second tier they couldn't give tickets away). The Ospreys sold out the Liberty v Australia during this time.
When Wales were in the doldrums of international rugby you still could not get a ticket for love nor money. When Swansea Cardiff or Wales football were in the doldrums they couldnt give tickets away.

Yes football is popular with the welsh public - Swansea are flying in the premier league playing world famous opposition, yes Wales Are on the verge of european qualification. Both are flying high. Cardiff on the other hand have dropped one division and their attendances have plummeted. Get it now?
Young lad in the east stand on 07:34 - Sep 2 with 1217 viewsDr_Winston

Young lad in the east stand on 07:20 - Sep 2 by Trundle10

Why would it be that they couldn't care less after the world cup??? Wales sell out 90% of the time 70,000 plus. Wales football really struggles to sell out Legoland..... Still with me??

Cardiff City while they were premier league they sell out their stadium and their crowds in the second tier are a shambles (which actually is proof that people couldn't care less). Swansea get decent crowds but if our stadium was 25000 apart from against the glamour clubs we would struggle to sell out (especially if there was a rugby international on) when we were in the second tier they couldn't give tickets away). The Ospreys sold out the Liberty v Australia during this time.
When Wales were in the doldrums of international rugby you still could not get a ticket for love nor money. When Swansea Cardiff or Wales football were in the doldrums they couldnt give tickets away.

Yes football is popular with the welsh public - Swansea are flying in the premier league playing world famous opposition, yes Wales Are on the verge of european qualification. Both are flying high. Cardiff on the other hand have dropped one division and their attendances have plummeted. Get it now?

When Wales were in the doldrums of Rugby you could buy a ticket for them in Tesco. I've seen them play France in front of a half empty old Arms Park.

Try again.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Young lad in the east stand on 07:42 - Sep 2 with 1204 viewsTrundle10

Young lad in the east stand on 07:34 - Sep 2 by Dr_Winston

When Wales were in the doldrums of Rugby you could buy a ticket for them in Tesco. I've seen them play France in front of a half empty old Arms Park.

Try again.

Six or five nations. Or a friendly? What are Wales football comparative attendances in warm up games? Did Swansea sell out against deportivo? York? If we we were not in premier league our attendances would go the same way as cardiffs.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2015 7:49]
Young lad in the east stand on 07:47 - Sep 2 with 1200 viewsjack247

Young lad in the east stand on 07:20 - Sep 2 by Trundle10

Ok, that's the third time you have avoided the question.

If you want to class someone who watches rugby 6-7 times a year as a fan, that is your perogative. That is what the vast majority who you are talking about do.

Cardiffs attendances haven't plummeted to the extent they have to go and play in the Arms Park, whilst being in the top division and the rugby equivalent of the champions league.

You don't think the Swans would sell out the Liberty against Brazil? We more or less do it against Crystal Palace. You are basing that argument on people turning up to see Australia, did they sell out the next home game?

If the 70,000 that go to the Millenium, actually cared about rugby and went to watch their region the following week, you would have a point.

And when have Wales ever been in the doldrums of international rugby? I doubt they have dropped out if the top 10.

And that is before we even look at participation levels.
Young lad in the east stand on 07:59 - Sep 2 with 1185 viewsDr_Winston

Young lad in the east stand on 07:42 - Sep 2 by Trundle10

Six or five nations. Or a friendly? What are Wales football comparative attendances in warm up games? Did Swansea sell out against deportivo? York? If we we were not in premier league our attendances would go the same way as cardiffs.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2015 7:49]

Doesn't matter.

You said, direct quote: "When Wales were in the doldrums of international rugby you still could not get a ticket for love nor money".

That's clearly not true. Like much of the "Wales is our National Sport" argument.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024