Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nelson Oliviera 18:27 - Apr 18 with 10367 viewsRancid

Another sub standard loanee striker brought in to fill a gap just like every other season since we got promoted.Anywhere know where Luke Moore is? Geez that Oliviera is poor and why the fook didn't he go down for that pen.Too honest.....aye!!
Nelson Oliviera on 18:37 - Apr 18 with 5817 viewsairedale

If he had a run of games though, he might come good. He could be our top scorer at the end of the season.
Nelson Oliviera on 18:47 - Apr 18 with 5774 viewsGlyn1

Oliveira never took an immediate shot: he always took 2 or 3 touches on the ball and by then a defender had tackled him.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Nelson Oliviera on 18:51 - Apr 18 with 5750 viewsDr_Winston

It is kinda ironic that for all the stick Moore got, he was a much better player than those who have followed him.

Wouldn't be too harsh on Nelson though. He got precious little help from anyone in our final third.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Nelson Oliviera on 19:22 - Apr 18 with 5651 viewsNaughty71

Louis Suarez would've looked awful in that performance today. Oliviera had absolutely no help today, totally out played in the middle of the park when it mattered.

Leicester allowed us the ball when were no threat, and pressed and harried when it did.

The slightest touch sometimes can make the difference, and that is something I noticed today,
Leicester players threw themselves at everything, sometimes only getting a nick on the ball, but slowing the play or making one of ours check their run, and it made the difference.

I lost count of the times that one of our players let the ball run past them when they could have stretched for it and made an interception or deflected the pass somewhat. But it looked as if nobody wanted to risk an injury today.

It was very frustrating to watch.

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

Nelson Oliviera on 20:08 - Apr 18 with 5551 viewsDull1Thomas

That was Oliveira's second start, in front of a substandard team and against a very industrious team.
I'm not sure why else he could have done.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Nelson Oliviera on 20:11 - Apr 18 with 5536 viewsChief

this policy of signing foreign strikers with a point to prove really isn't working.

why don't we take a look at either:
a) buy someone to compete with our number 1 striker (but could be an expensive option not to play much)
b) loan a young hungry striker from the prem, got to be plenty about in the bloated talent ladened squads of the top 5 (bamford,akpom,wilson)
c) try someone we already have in our squad - loveridge?hedges?donnelly?gorre? they cant do much worse than Vasquez,shechter,ngog,oliviera et al

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Nelson Oliviera on 23:36 - Apr 18 with 5339 viewsrossshaw

There's a thing called defending from the front. Something I saw Olivera do very little of. Not up to it, he won't be coming back next season.

Trundle could still do a job..

Nelson Oliviera on 23:58 - Apr 18 with 5301 viewsmax936

Nelson Oliviera on 19:22 - Apr 18 by Naughty71

Louis Suarez would've looked awful in that performance today. Oliviera had absolutely no help today, totally out played in the middle of the park when it mattered.

Leicester allowed us the ball when were no threat, and pressed and harried when it did.

The slightest touch sometimes can make the difference, and that is something I noticed today,
Leicester players threw themselves at everything, sometimes only getting a nick on the ball, but slowing the play or making one of ours check their run, and it made the difference.

I lost count of the times that one of our players let the ball run past them when they could have stretched for it and made an interception or deflected the pass somewhat. But it looked as if nobody wanted to risk an injury today.

It was very frustrating to watch.

As good as our midfield has been I'd argue that we need better to improve further, Cork is an improvement, but I reckon someone like Sanson or Vilhena would be be brilliant alongside him or just ahead of him and either two proper wing backs or wingers along with Gomis or Another striker, time to build quality to put teams fighting for their lives in their place, arrogant as it maybe, but every dog.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Nelson Oliviera on 00:08 - Apr 19 with 5286 viewsairedale

Personally, I'm gonna wait until the end of the season to see how Nelson does. One thing I will say however, is that he is just as bad as Bony and Gomis were at their equivalent stages.
Nelson Oliviera on 00:27 - Apr 19 with 5264 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Nelson Oliviera on 18:51 - Apr 18 by Dr_Winston

It is kinda ironic that for all the stick Moore got, he was a much better player than those who have followed him.

Wouldn't be too harsh on Nelson though. He got precious little help from anyone in our final third.

Bit much for Moore there. Couple of very important goals but he didn't score anywhere near enough. I wouldn't put Oliveria behind him yet.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Nelson Oliviera on 00:55 - Apr 19 with 5237 viewsmacthejack

Nelson Oliviera on 00:08 - Apr 19 by airedale

Personally, I'm gonna wait until the end of the season to see how Nelson does. One thing I will say however, is that he is just as bad as Bony and Gomis were at their equivalent stages.

Bony who scored on his debut?
Nelson Oliviera on 00:58 - Apr 19 with 5234 viewsDrizzy

Nelson Oliviera on 00:55 - Apr 19 by macthejack

Bony who scored on his debut?

Twice I believe.

But anyways the jury was out for a while on Bony. The finishing was there and the class was evident but he was frustrating because he looked unfit and was sloppy before he went on his special training regime and Laudrup actually gave him a run of games.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Nelson Oliviera on 01:03 - Apr 19 with 5230 viewsPozuelosSideys

Nelson Oliviera on 00:08 - Apr 19 by airedale

Disagree. Oliviera has nothing stand-out about him. Too lightweight, not quick enough and not good enough a finisher. Hes certainly not a 'one up top' player. Cant really comment on him playing in the 10 role as havent seen much of him there.

Its obvious with some players as they gives you glimpses of what they can do early on. Dont think hes quite up to standard. Not our player either so will be moved on. We need somebody with a bit of pace at the very least as a back up.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Nelson Oliviera on 01:08 - Apr 19 with 5224 viewsDull1Thomas

Nelson Oliviera on 01:03 - Apr 19 by PozuelosSideys

Disagree. Oliviera has nothing stand-out about him. Too lightweight, not quick enough and not good enough a finisher. Hes certainly not a 'one up top' player. Cant really comment on him playing in the 10 role as havent seen much of him there.

Its obvious with some players as they gives you glimpses of what they can do early on. Dont think hes quite up to standard. Not our player either so will be moved on. We need somebody with a bit of pace at the very least as a back up.

I suspect you are right about Nelson, but on today's performance Ronaldo would have looked shit playing on his own up front.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Nelson Oliviera on 01:38 - Apr 19 with 5203 viewsPozuelosSideys

Nelson Oliviera on 01:08 - Apr 19 by Dull1Thomas

I suspect you are right about Nelson, but on today's performance Ronaldo would have looked shit playing on his own up front.

Aye. But we didnt have an out ball all day long. Bony was great for that as we know, and Gomis is getting better at it - hes at least a pain in the ass for defenders. Oliviera just got shunted off.

Under Monk we havent been shy at looking for the long ball out under pressure. We just didnt do that at all today after the first few minutes. If you watch, we booted it in to touch far more than we usually do. That was by design imo. Oliviera was never going to be able to cut it against the likes of Morgan and Huth who are nothing if not a pair of carthouse 'decent in the air' centre backs. He didnt really stand a chance.

All below par today anyway, so move on i guess.

Oh, and another observation, when the back 4 are confident and playing together, Williams always plays the lazy ball to the left to Taylor, over and over. Not once did he do that for Amat. Congested the midfield even further and invited pressure down the middle time and again. Showed for me how we struggle for depth in key areas. Needs to be looked at.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 1:40]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Nelson Oliviera on 07:05 - Apr 19 with 5108 viewsDr_Winston

There was obviously something about both Bony and Gomis right from the off. You could tell that they were quality. Not seen that in Nelson yet, although there's no way he had the chance to display any of the quality he may have yesterday.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Nelson Oliviera on 07:53 - Apr 19 with 5066 viewsRancid

I guess it's what you get when you pay nothing or peanuts on a player.

Service was next to nothing for him yesterday agreed but we've seen enough from him to see that he's never going to make it to next season here and another player with early promise in his career and good pedigree hoping to change his luck abroad with us but it not quite working.No panic though it's not like it's not happened before and we're comfortable so we move on in search of that second striker who'll come good and be happy playing second fiddle.
Nelson Oliviera on 08:18 - Apr 19 with 5026 viewsicecoldjack

I always thought luke moore was a fine back up option myself, always sung his praises in the face of harsh critisism . When he played with Michu you could see there was alot of respect there from miguel and it was always visible to see how his team mates respected him when he did score for us, i think nearly the whole team would surround him to celebrate.

I think Laudrup and the club could have done much better to keep him but maybe he wanted to play more regular perhaps.

People forget thatLuke was a very talented technical footballer but like with a few others he suffered from the "not running around enough" tag which then made some people think he was alot worsethan he actually was.

A 3rd striking option is a very difficult role to fill, especially with how we play. Itay,vasquez and oliviera are proof of this, they probably arn't as bad asthey look but a lack of minutes makes it harder to getup to speed and perform when called upon, something else that Luke Moore never got much credit for IMO.

Onwards and upwards anyway .
Nelson Oliviera on 09:35 - Apr 19 with 4917 viewsRancid

In hindsight Moore was a decent second option but only because of what's happened since and the disappointing players we've brought in to do the role.At the time Moore was considered not quite up to it and we thought we could do better which was ok at the time as he was either hot or cold.He's been the best of an average bunch without doubt since though.
Nelson Oliviera on 09:39 - Apr 19 with 4910 viewsDr_Winston

Nelson Oliviera on 09:35 - Apr 19 by Rancid

In hindsight Moore was a decent second option but only because of what's happened since and the disappointing players we've brought in to do the role.At the time Moore was considered not quite up to it and we thought we could do better which was ok at the time as he was either hot or cold.He's been the best of an average bunch without doubt since though.

Moore was never prolific, but he was great to play off. Michu always used to do well when he was behind him.

Got a load more assists than goals if memory serves.

Nelson Oliviera on 09:54 - Apr 19 with 4870 viewstomdickharry

Nelson Oliviera on 18:51 - Apr 18 by Dr_Winston

Its me and I must agree with those comments about Moore. As for Oliviera would imagine his seat is already reserved on the out bus.
Nelson Oliviera on 09:57 - Apr 19 with 4860 viewsDarran

So do some people wish that Moore was still here?

WTF?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Nelson Oliviera on 09:58 - Apr 19 with 4859 viewsDr_Winston

Nelson Oliviera on 09:54 - Apr 19 by tomdickharry

Its me and I must agree with those comments about Moore. As for Oliviera would imagine his seat is already reserved on the out bus.

It's even more ironic that you're agreeing since you never stopped banging on about how bad Luke Moore was.

Nelson Oliviera on 10:28 - Apr 19 with 4799 viewstomdickharry

Nelson Oliviera on 09:58 - Apr 19 by Dr_Winston

It's even more ironic that you're agreeing since you never stopped banging on about how bad Luke Moore was.

Most of it was justified but when one casts an eye over the efforts of Oliviera he's far better.
Nelson Oliviera on 11:05 - Apr 19 with 4755 viewsSCB1985

Nelson Oliviera on 01:03 - Apr 19 by PozuelosSideys

during the stream I was watching the commentator pointed out the hes not a penalty box striker. I agree he is too lightweight. he cant play the loan striker role, he seems more 2nd striker without a 1st striker in front of him. our wingers have to work harder and shelvey tries to pull off screamers. we always scored more when we had a big guy up front. Oliviera hasnt got the frame or strength to back him up to be a premier league striker.

Poll: whats more important to you

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024