Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nelson Oliviera 18:27 - Apr 18 with 10379 viewsRancid

Another sub standard loanee striker brought in to fill a gap just like every other season since we got promoted.Anywhere know where Luke Moore is? Geez that Oliviera is poor and why the fook didn't he go down for that pen.Too honest.....aye!!
Nelson Oliviera on 12:13 - Apr 19 with 3286 viewsTreforys_Jack

Nelson Oliviera on 07:05 - Apr 19 by Dr_Winston

There was obviously something about both Bony and Gomis right from the off. You could tell that they were quality. Not seen that in Nelson yet, although there's no way he had the chance to display any of the quality he may have yesterday.

Gomis was shite up to 3 weeks ago, if you listen to some of the eejits on here.
Nelson Oliviera on 12:27 - Apr 19 with 3266 viewsDr_Winston

Nelson Oliviera on 12:13 - Apr 19 by Treforys_Jack

I tend to find that the wisest approach is not to do that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Nelson Oliviera on 15:21 - Apr 19 with 3218 viewsStarsky

Nelson Oliviera on 12:13 - Apr 19 by Treforys_Jack

That's because he couldn't hit a cows arse with a cricket bat at the time.

Then he turned it around. Simple really.

Are you saying that we should have been more patient with Schector, Alvares etc?

Olivera not delivering the goods. Not up to it so far.

If he scores 4 goals in the next 3 games I'll change my mind.

I must be an idiot.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 15:26]

It's just the internet, init.

Nelson Oliviera on 16:55 - Apr 19 with 3170 viewsDull1Thomas

Love the comment "Under Monk we havent been shy at looking for the long ball out under pressure"

The problem yesterday was those long balls were being sprayed straight to players in blue. The only effective long ball I saw was late on when Ash hammered a ball that Dyer somehow brought under control.
With Routlledge, Ki, Siggy and the world beater that is Shelvey unable to make a decant pass I think it is really unfair to focus on Oliveira. He may not come good but he's not going to make a mark if he doesn't receive passes and has no support when marked by three players.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Nelson Oliviera on 17:40 - Apr 19 with 3151 viewsScoobyWho

Nelson Oliviera on 09:35 - Apr 19 by Rancid

In hindsight Moore was a decent second option but only because of what's happened since and the disappointing players we've brought in to do the role.At the time Moore was considered not quite up to it and we thought we could do better which was ok at the time as he was either hot or cold.He's been the best of an average bunch without doubt since though.

You have to admit the club are consistent when it comes to back up strikers. Fair play.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Nelson Oliviera on 17:49 - Apr 19 with 3145 viewsswanduck

Nelson Oliviera on 20:11 - Apr 18 by Chief

this policy of signing foreign strikers with a point to prove really isn't working.

why don't we take a look at either:
a) buy someone to compete with our number 1 striker (but could be an expensive option not to play much)
b) loan a young hungry striker from the prem, got to be plenty about in the bloated talent ladened squads of the top 5 (bamford,akpom,wilson)
c) try someone we already have in our squad - loveridge?hedges?donnelly?gorre? they cant do much worse than Vasquez,shechter,ngog,oliviera et al

A) very hard to have two first team strikers and keep them both happy - they will both expect to play in every match
B) what makes you think they'd be any better than what we get in from elsewhere? Bamford is not a bad shout, but no guarantee he can deliver in the prem. Dont know who the others are but there are not many Prem ready good strikers the top teams will loan out IMO
C) Clearly Garry Monk think Oliviera is better than our youth players or he'd give them a chance. I seriously doubt Loveridge or Donnelly will ever make it in the Premiership, with us or any other club. Gorre I don't know much about, I know some on here seem to rate him but it's a massive step up and I've seen a few people saying he's nothing special as well (also I don't think he's a striker)
Nelson Oliviera on 17:52 - Apr 19 with 3141 viewsStarsky

Nelson Oliviera on 17:40 - Apr 19 by ScoobyWho

You have to admit the club are consistent when it comes to back up strikers. Fair play.

Innit...

Could it be that Mr Priskin was the best one after all? Lol.

Nelson Oliviera on 18:37 - Apr 19 with 3103 viewsTreforys_Jack

Nelson Oliviera on 15:21 - Apr 19 by Starsky

Are you saying that we should have been more patient with Schector, Alvares etc?

I must be an idiot.

If you thought Gomis was shite then yes you are an idiot.Mind you, you wouldn't be alone as the same people also had a go at Wilf . The flaw in our system is we only play 1 up front which means we can only offer a competitive contract to 1 forward. Gomis was bought to replace Wilf last Summer, Wilf not going threw a spanner in the works and Gomis was left on the bench. Forwards need to play regularly.
Login to get fewer ads

Nelson Oliviera on 19:36 - Apr 19 with 3076 viewsStarsky

Nelson Oliviera on 18:37 - Apr 19 by Treforys_Jack

If you thought Gomis was shite then yes you are an idiot.Mind you, you wouldn't be alone as the same people also had a go at Wilf . The flaw in our system is we only play 1 up front which means we can only offer a competitive contract to 1 forward. Gomis was bought to replace Wilf last Summer, Wilf not going threw a spanner in the works and Gomis was left on the bench. Forwards need to play regularly.

We agree.
I am an idiot

Nelson Oliviera on 20:12 - Apr 19 with 3044 viewssnork44

Nelson Oliviera on 10:28 - Apr 19 by tomdickharry

Most of it was justified but when one casts an eye over the efforts of Oliviera he's far better.

No it wasn't justified ! Moore was a technically good player, but because the Albion and Villa fans harped on about how bad an attitude he had or how lazy he was , you jumped on the bandwagon and from day one when Luke Moore came to the Liberty, you were on his case! Nelson has just come back from injury and has had hardly any game time, we have an easier game next week in Newcastle, so let's get to that game to assess Olivera before we start to class him as Schector or Vasquez mk II.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Nelson Oliviera on 20:13 - Apr 19 with 3038 viewsScoobyWho

Nelson Oliviera on 17:52 - Apr 19 by Starsky

Innit...

Could it be that Mr Priskin was the best one after all? Lol.

Apart from him and Moore. Both of whom would be better than we have had for three years. I'm struggling.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Nelson Oliviera on 20:46 - Apr 19 with 3018 viewsfootball2301

Nelson Oliviera on 16:55 - Apr 19 by Dull1Thomas

Love the comment "Under Monk we havent been shy at looking for the long ball out under pressure"

The problem yesterday was those long balls were being sprayed straight to players in blue. The only effective long ball I saw was late on when Ash hammered a ball that Dyer somehow brought under control.
With Routlledge, Ki, Siggy and the world beater that is Shelvey unable to make a decant pass I think it is really unfair to focus on Oliveira. He may not come good but he's not going to make a mark if he doesn't receive passes and has no support when marked by three players.

you are one prik you really are
Nelson Oliviera on 21:04 - Apr 19 with 3010 viewsDafyddHuw

I'd like to comment on the OP's broader point that since we've come up, we've always had rubbish standby forwards.
Why d we bother? We could save all the money we spend on salaries for substandard strikers by not having a striker. We have the talent to play to that system. Barcelona do it. Have Siggy as a pretend centre forward if you like.
Just don't see the point in throwing money away when we've already got the personnel to see us through Gomis' (or whoever it happens to be) absence.
How could we do worse? Nelson being suddenly thrust into real football showed yesterday. You wouldn't get that problem playing with no striker, because you're not replacing a centre-forward with someone who has to be a centre forward.
Just a thought.
Nelson Oliviera on 22:28 - Apr 19 with 2977 viewsDull1Thomas

Nelson Oliviera on 21:04 - Apr 19 by DafyddHuw

I'd like to comment on the OP's broader point that since we've come up, we've always had rubbish standby forwards.
Why d we bother? We could save all the money we spend on salaries for substandard strikers by not having a striker. We have the talent to play to that system. Barcelona do it. Have Siggy as a pretend centre forward if you like.
Just don't see the point in throwing money away when we've already got the personnel to see us through Gomis' (or whoever it happens to be) absence.
How could we do worse? Nelson being suddenly thrust into real football showed yesterday. You wouldn't get that problem playing with no striker, because you're not replacing a centre-forward with someone who has to be a centre forward.
Just a thought.

' We could save all the money we spend on salaries for substandard strikers by not having a striker. We have the talent to play to that system. Barcelona do it. Have Siggy as a pretend centre forward if you like. '

That was the system that got us promoted she we had Sinclair and Borini terrorising defences. Those two season saw us playing some fantastic football.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Nelson Oliviera on 23:16 - Apr 19 with 2955 viewsperchrockjack

Past tense

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Nelson Oliviera on 09:08 - Apr 20 with 2815 viewsPrivate_Partz

Nelson Oliviera on 15:21 - Apr 19 by Starsky

I must be an idiot.

He has not been impressive so far but he has not had the game time either. Gary is not into rotating the squad much and as a result fringe players are not getting game time. Ironic but we could be missing cup runs and the Europa League to help keep the squad up to speed. Looks like he is going to get an extended run now regardless......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Nelson Oliviera on 13:27 - Apr 20 with 2763 viewsDevz00

Nelson Oliviera on 09:08 - Apr 20 by Private_Partz

He has not been impressive so far but he has not had the game time either. Gary is not into rotating the squad much and as a result fringe players are not getting game time. Ironic but we could be missing cup runs and the Europa League to help keep the squad up to speed. Looks like he is going to get an extended run now regardless......

As usual, I agree with Dr Winston regarding Moore, Bony and Gomis.

I'm not fussed on Oliveira. He's done nothing for me, sadly.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Nelson Oliviera on 00:06 - Apr 26 with 2534 viewsRancid

Happy to be proved wrong and not for the first time Had a hand in all 3 goals and looked good.Hes still like a poor man's Michu though but will be happy to be proved wrong again.
Nelson Oliviera on 00:14 - Apr 26 with 2505 viewsBanosswan

Nelson Oliviera on 00:06 - Apr 26 by Rancid

Happy to be proved wrong and not for the first time Had a hand in all 3 goals and looked good.Hes still like a poor man's Michu though but will be happy to be proved wrong again.

Someone who's half a michu would be amazing. Oliveira has had no game time whatsoever, so as much as the doubters doubt, the fans should temper their enthusiasm. (For the record I like him and want him to do well for us).

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Nelson Oliviera on 00:15 - Apr 26 with 2495 viewsDarran

Nelson Oliviera on 00:06 - Apr 26 by Rancid

That was today C he needs to do more.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Nelson Oliviera on 00:33 - Apr 26 with 2444 viewsbonymine

Nelson Oliviera on 00:15 - Apr 26 by Darran

That was today C he needs to do more.

We've got the lad till the end of the season so let's give him some JA support and see where that takes us (50+ points of course already )..............

He was mentioned in the £20M bracket apparently not so long ago (not Evening) so let's hope he's our 'Bony to ManCity' transfer coup in the opposite direction !!!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Nelson Oliviera on 11:41 - Apr 26 with 2213 viewsjackrabbit

Nelson Oliviera on 00:08 - Apr 19 by airedale

Personally, I'm gonna wait until the end of the season to see how Nelson does. One thing I will say however, is that he is just as bad as Bony and Gomis were at their equivalent stages.

I totally agree with that. Lack of opportunity -> lack of confidence -> trying too hard -> poor touch and ball retention.

Once he scored his goal and settled down , I thought he was really good. He's an intelligent player. I might be wrong but I think there is more to come from him and would like to see him start all remaining games. Unlikely, with Gomis due back for the Arsenal match. I'll make my mind up at the end of the season. He's no Schecter or Vasquez - at worst he's a Graham.
Nelson Oliviera on 11:47 - Apr 26 with 2203 viewsjojaca

Nelson Oliviera on 11:41 - Apr 26 by jackrabbit

I totally agree with that. Lack of opportunity -> lack of confidence -> trying too hard -> poor touch and ball retention.

Once he scored his goal and settled down , I thought he was really good. He's an intelligent player. I might be wrong but I think there is more to come from him and would like to see him start all remaining games. Unlikely, with Gomis due back for the Arsenal match. I'll make my mind up at the end of the season. He's no Schecter or Vasquez - at worst he's a Graham.

Seen enough of him yesterday to suggest he's a lot better than N'gog, Shechter type of players we have had recently, more match fitness and games he will only get better. I think he is ideal for 2nd/3rd choice striker for next season. If Michu comes back next season and Gomis stays I would just look for a left back and a right winger for next season and buy the stadium.

Even when you know, you never know?

Nelson Oliviera on 11:55 - Apr 26 with 2186 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Nelson Oliviera on 09:57 - Apr 19 by Darran

So do some people wish that Moore was still here?

WTF?

Don't embarrass yourself - stick to what you know. Neath RFC - the Ron Waldron years

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Nelson Oliviera on 12:41 - Apr 26 with 2120 viewslibertine

I agree once he got the goal then he didn't seem so manic and his dummy was brilliant made loads of space for siggy to get one in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024