Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. 06:21 - Feb 5 with 7614 viewsGowerjack

Spot on Sir Huw.

Taking tough decisions is essential.

Ml had totally lost interest,we were only going one way with him in charge.

You have done the right thing.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 06:29 - Feb 5 with 4775 viewsItchySphincter

Never a cause for celebration but a decision obviously taken with the club's best interest at heart.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 06:42 - Feb 5 with 4736 viewsSwansNZ

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 06:29 - Feb 5 by ItchySphincter

Never a cause for celebration but a decision obviously taken with the club's best interest at heart.

We'll said.

It was obviously a very tough and brave decision. Let's hope it was the correct one

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 06:50 - Feb 5 with 4708 viewsParlay

The wife of one of the coaches works in a call center in Swansea and she has told many people that the players hated him and he made no effort with them. Im sure they are glad.

Well done Huw.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 07:46 - Feb 5 with 4595 viewsQuakerJack

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 06:50 - Feb 5 by Parlay

The wife of one of the coaches works in a call center in Swansea and she has told many people that the players hated him and he made no effort with them. Im sure they are glad.

Well done Huw.

Not THE call centre?

Are you Nev?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 09:03 - Feb 5 with 4482 viewstomdickharry

Should have sacked him last Summer but I suppose better late than never.Monk will do well he's no fool,hope the opposition under estimate him,has been in the game all his life so knows the score wouldn't surprise me if he brings in an experienced old head to work alongside him and Curt,a la Frankie Burrows.
The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 09:12 - Feb 5 with 4449 viewsAnotherJohn

And who will regulate the regulators? The board have a lot of questions to answer. I'm more worried than before. I will be at the games though when I can get tickets.
The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 09:20 - Feb 5 with 4413 viewsSwanseajill

Huw would not have taken this decision on his own, him being part of a board made up of fans.
Those on here who went into a hissy fit of name calling yesterday...a small majority admittedly. Need to take a look at what this board have done for this club and it's progress from nothing to taking us to the premier league.
Onward and upward, lets go..
The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 09:26 - Feb 5 with 4390 viewsPrivate_Partz

If things had broken down so badly then the sacking may be justified. The appointment of GM and AC however is just plain bonkers. It smacks of small club symdrome and is a massive risk.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 09:30 - Feb 5 with 4369 viewsClinton

Well done Huw, I've found it hugely frustrating watching the Swans since late October. I felt like pulling my eyes out watching them struggle to break down Hull, West ham (home), and then persisting with the same tactics game after frustrating game.
The team has looked relegation material in first half against Brum and awful chasing the game against Spurs.

A brave decision by Huw and the board.

Even if it backfires, it was the right decision, we are not playing well.

COYS

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 09:34 - Feb 5 with 4349 viewsjohnlangy

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 09:26 - Feb 5 by Private_Partz

If things had broken down so badly then the sacking may be justified. The appointment of GM and AC however is just plain bonkers. It smacks of small club symdrome and is a massive risk.

The official statement says 'GM and AC - for the foreseeable future'. That could be one game.

I imagine things started moving a long time ago. Not because they were looking to sack ML but because they knew he was leaving this Summer. When you know that you can start forward planning. Contact would have been made well in advance of this. The decision to sack him now maybe will bring things forward.
The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 09:37 - Feb 5 with 4341 viewsperchrockjack

I believe timing is of the worst but he had to be.
Frankly, new players should have been earmarked as soon as Dyer was injured LAUDRUP seemed not that concerned. There again so were many on here.

The way the Board acted seems sly but its football and its our club so if they ve done it for the club then that ll do for me as LAUDRUP was simply a custdodian of our club and not Jesus of the Hafod.

It s time for forget and move on up and the Spaniards to show if they have personal class

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 09:42 - Feb 5 with 4317 viewsScoobyWho

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 06:50 - Feb 5 by Parlay

Well done Huw.

Thats the trouble with partners and wives, too busy taking sh it about things they don't understand, useless busy body's mush, should be at home doing the pans and a spot of cleaning.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 09:47 - Feb 5 with 4295 viewsParlay

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 09:42 - Feb 5 by ScoobyWho

Thats the trouble with partners and wives, too busy taking sh it about things they don't understand, useless busy body's mush, should be at home doing the pans and a spot of cleaning.

I see

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 09:50 - Feb 5 with 4280 viewsScoobyWho

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 09:47 - Feb 5 by Parlay

I see

Using a generic term, partners and wives i encompassed both genders thus alleviating accusations of sexism.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 09:51 - Feb 5 with 4279 viewsymaohyd

Well done Huw.

Yes I've heard that from many sources. Even after a few weeks in charge to be honest. In fact I posted on the old Planet Swans not sure under this username that I'd predict that he would be gone by Nov (2012) and replaced by Monk then.

I was rightly taken the Pi** out of as we went onto have that brilliant win at QPR then go onto win the League Cup, so I suppose, belatedly I've got some crumbs of bragging rights!

I'm feeling more confident now of staying up than I was. I'm not sure that the board can take a huge amount of credit from these sorry state of affairs to be honest. I'm a huge supporter of the board but along with accepting the plaudits they must also learn from mistakes.

Not that ML was a mistake and I'm not sure what they could have done differently. When though we had that ridiculous pantomime last summer of HJ severing ties with Laudrup's agent, then on the same day Laudrup being pictured in Mallorca with his agent welcoming home Rafa Nadal after winning a major tournament, silly season was in full swing and was the situation untenable then?

Should he have gone then, in hindsight yes, but with so many 'Laudrup players' here a difficult call to make.

The great shame now is that we have missed a transfer window and an opportunity to bring in a quality player to possibly make a major impact, instead we have Ngog and Emnes!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 20:19 - Feb 5 with 4101 viewsGowerjack

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 09:51 - Feb 5 by ymaohyd

Yes I've heard that from many sources. Even after a few weeks in charge to be honest. In fact I posted on the old Planet Swans not sure under this username that I'd predict that he would be gone by Nov (2012) and replaced by Monk then.

I was rightly taken the Pi** out of as we went onto have that brilliant win at QPR then go onto win the League Cup, so I suppose, belatedly I've got some crumbs of bragging rights!

I'm feeling more confident now of staying up than I was. I'm not sure that the board can take a huge amount of credit from these sorry state of affairs to be honest. I'm a huge supporter of the board but along with accepting the plaudits they must also learn from mistakes.

Not that ML was a mistake and I'm not sure what they could have done differently. When though we had that ridiculous pantomime last summer of HJ severing ties with Laudrup's agent, then on the same day Laudrup being pictured in Mallorca with his agent welcoming home Rafa Nadal after winning a major tournament, silly season was in full swing and was the situation untenable then?

Should he have gone then, in hindsight yes, but with so many 'Laudrup players' here a difficult call to make.

The great shame now is that we have missed a transfer window and an opportunity to bring in a quality player to possibly make a major impact, instead we have Ngog and Emnes!

Good post

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 20:21 - Feb 5 with 4085 viewsLiam12345

gutted at first after hearing about holtby, chadli and ince it sounds like the prick was trying to destroy us good ridance.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 20:23 - Feb 5 with 4061 viewsOldjack

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/huw-laudrup-statement-1342386.aspx

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 20:26 - Feb 5 with 4036 viewsDarran

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 20:23 - Feb 5 by Oldjack

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/huw-laudrup-statement-1342386.aspx

Good post Alan,the greatest season in our history last season so there's no reason to bad mouth Mikey.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 20:27 - Feb 5 with 4022 viewsJokeren1943

They reality we will never know. Do we lose the next 3-4 games, with all those players coming back, Jenkins and the Board will look like morons.

Can fire up the squad or the squad or they can end up playing as headless chicken.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2014 20:28]
The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 20:30 - Feb 5 with 3993 viewsDarran

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 20:27 - Feb 5 by Jokeren1943

They reality we will never know. Do we lose the next 3-4 games, with all those players coming back, Jenkins and the Board will look like morons.

Can fire up the squad or the squad or they can end up playing as headless chicken.

Oh stop crying over Lauudrup and grow a pair Joke mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 20:34 - Feb 5 with 3961 views3swan

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 20:27 - Feb 5 by Jokeren1943

We could now play well......................... we might have under ML

We could carry on losing........................... we might have under ML

Nothing is certain either way, and it's all if.

Thing is I feel more positive now that he has gone, and that is in no way an insult to him.

We needed something to change
The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 20:45 - Feb 5 with 3904 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 20:34 - Feb 5 by 3swan

We could now play well......................... we might have under ML

We could carry on losing........................... we might have under ML

Nothing is certain either way, and it's all if.

Thing is I feel more positive now that he has gone, and that is in no way an insult to him.

We needed something to change

Totally agree with the first part of your post. What happens from now on in is just a breeding ground for counterfactual history, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of it being gleefully posted as we go on.

On the last part, I'm of the belief that we could have gone to the end of the season with ML and made the seemingly inevitable change then, parting on better terms. I very much doubt we would have got relegated, we could have done without this hoo-ha and who knows, may well have got a compensation package for him from another club rather than spunking millions on getting rid now...what was I saying about counterfactuals!

I wouldn't say I'm more positive, mainly as I think we've introduced some potentially harmful variables into the equation that we could have done without until the summer, but I'm not in fear as I think the squad is strong enough to get us the required points irrespective of manager (hence my opinion above).

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 20:47 - Feb 5 with 3895 viewsDr_Winston

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 20:30 - Feb 5 by Darran

Oh stop crying over Lauudrup and grow a pair Joke mun.

Not going to miss quite a lot of these Danes.

On the negative side there's a chance we could get Kiisgod back.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 20:54 - Feb 5 with 3848 viewsOldjack

The Official well done Huw for sacking Laudrup thread. on 20:26 - Feb 5 by Darran

Good post Alan,the greatest season in our history last season so there's no reason to bad mouth Mikey.

I can't fathom out why too , the only fault i found with Mike was, he seemed too soft,laid back and too refined a person ,he doesn't do anger i think , i really don't think he's cut out to be a top manager

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024