Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zapata a done deal apparently.. 02:11 - Aug 10 with 45594 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8862266/?
Queens Park Rangers have agreed a deal with Estudiantes for striker Duvan Zapata, Sky Sports understands.

Rangers have been locked in talks with the Argentine club over a deal for the highly-rated Colombian striker.

West Ham had previously struck a deal before pulling out earlier this summer, while other clubs from around Europe such as Italians Napoli and Sassuolo, French side Evian and Spaniards Atletico Madrid have all shown an interest in recent weeks.

However, Rangers have now managed to broker a deal for Zapata worth $10million (£6.4million).

Zapata is now due to arrive in England over the weekend to finalise personal terms and undergo a medical.

The 22-year-old, who is expected to be part of Colombia's squad for next year's World Cup finals, will then need a work-permit - which will have to go to appeal.

QPR are hopeful that Zapata will be granted the move under the 'special talent' ruling.

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 09:53 - Aug 12 with 2661 viewsQPRDave

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 22:35 - Aug 11 by BklynRanger

He's working as a hostess in a transvestite club in Fortaleza. Lovely girl - I can PM you the details.

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 12:07 - Aug 12 with 2472 viewsrsonist

Anyone have an idea of when we can expect the work permit decision? Bearing in mind we'll have to do it on appeal.
Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 13:04 - Aug 12 with 2332 viewsJonDoeman

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 12:07 - Aug 12 by rsonist

Anyone have an idea of when we can expect the work permit decision? Bearing in mind we'll have to do it on appeal.

There's a hearing on Wednesday.

It Is What It Is !!

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 13:08 - Aug 12 with 2307 viewswombat

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 13:04 - Aug 12 by JonDoeman

There's a hearing on Wednesday.

what time ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 13:12 - Aug 12 with 2279 viewsJonDoeman

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 13:08 - Aug 12 by wombat

what time ?

Doesn't say ;)

Zapata said goodbye and traveled to England for visa
The Colombian plans on trying to make sale to QPR

ZAPATA DUVAN ITS PARTNERS BE DISMISSED,
THINGS YOUR COUNTRY RETREAT, AND I TRAVEL TO ENGLAND
After Friday approved sale to Queens Park Rangers, Duván Zapata yesterday dismissed their peers, coaches, officials and employees of Students at the Country Club of City Bell. Then withdrew their belongings before leaving the place, was moved in front of a small group of players I have more confidence.
"I hope to return one day," pulled between hugs. And never tired of thanking, by "how well they treated me here."
Thus began closing his time at Click. And last night, when I finally received the tickets, traveled to England on an Iberia flight with his representative Fernando Schena, to try to overcome the obstacles that remain in order to realize its sale.
Originally scheduled to do so today, but since the player's representative sought to accelerate the most time, so that the front, as in England, to define issues requiring his presence.
Most important will be to get a work visa for the transaction to be sealed as early this diary.
Although previously, according to what was learned, striker managers maintain contact with the English club and meet their facilities.
On Monday, meanwhile, is scheduled to begin Zapata performed rigorous medical checks, according ahead from the club, "will be very comprehensive." A point that will continue throughout the day on Tuesday, when completed to meet the tests set by the team's medical staff.
Beyond that step (from discount representation there will be no problem), Zapata go for his "most important goal": to get a work visa.
Specifically, for a hearing scheduled Wednesday in a London court, assisted Zapata, where their situation is treated promptly.
By the way, the player will not go to the meeting alone. As known, Schena and established contact with the local law firm, specializing in the subject, which will represent the player.
From the look Zapata environment meet the legal requirements required by the law governing the transfer of players not born in England, in the first hearing. And speculate that the presence of the front in place "favor" the resolution of the issue.
If so, just on Thursday could get the nod for the Queens Park Rangers formally incorporated as a player, for a term of four seasons, according to the agreement reached between the clubs.
If the visa consiguiese Zapata as aforesaid, the president Enrique Lombardi, after Team match against Italy in Rome, assisted, travel to England to meet with the player and QPR managers, to polish the details subtracted from the contract.
Albirrojo holder as reported by this newspaper, predicted that once approved the sale of Zapata "we must finish shaping the contract when the player obtains a work visa."
In this potential meeting would also be given the friendly way, as part of the contract, Estudiantes played in England.
Meanwhile, yesterday continued speculating that Napoli Zapata improve its offer and make a final attempt to take it, if not get the work visa. It also emerged that the Atletico Madrid is the Spanish team that rang in the last hours for being interested in the Colombian.

It Is What It Is !!

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 13:21 - Aug 12 with 2190 viewsQPunkR

Everyone wet bikini

QPR - "shit but local"

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 14:15 - Aug 12 with 2060 viewsJamie

Interesting that the above article suggests he's been told a WP should be no problem as on paper its pretty hard to see how he qualifies as a 'special talent'.
Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 14:19 - Aug 12 with 2032 viewswombat

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 14:15 - Aug 12 by Jamie

Interesting that the above article suggests he's been told a WP should be no problem as on paper its pretty hard to see how he qualifies as a 'special talent'.

uncle giannis special filing cabinet about to come into use again ?

Login to get fewer ads

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 14:23 - Aug 12 with 2006 viewsfakekerby

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 14:15 - Aug 12 by Jamie

Any idea the critera for being classed as a 'special talent'?
Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 14:25 - Aug 12 with 1995 viewsstan4england

Does anyone remember that feeling just before the Leeds Utd promotion game, before the vedict .......?
Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 14:26 - Aug 12 with 1992 viewswittle

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 14:23 - Aug 12 by fakekerby

10 keepy uppies.
Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 14:32 - Aug 12 with 1959 viewspeejaybee

To be able to stand up unaided.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 14:37 - Aug 12 with 1945 viewsJamie

" the club wishing to sign him may appeal if they believe that he is a special talent and "able to contribute significantly to the development of the game at the top level in the UK."
Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 14:44 - Aug 12 with 1896 viewsTonto

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 14:32 - Aug 12 by peejaybee

no thats OUR requirement, not that of HM Governemnt...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 14:59 - Aug 12 with 1843 viewsadhoc_qpr

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 14:32 - Aug 12 by peejaybee

Good job Zamora's English then, otherwise he'd be bang out of luck...

Wednesday for a WP hearing according to that article (i think, tricky to read the translation...)

I won't hold my breath, although you'd hope the club has done their due diligence for a change rather than just plowing on regardless.
Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 15:02 - Aug 12 with 1828 viewsDieByYourSide

Preparing myself for a failed work permit and a cut price deal for Odemwingie...

Poll: And it's hi ho

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 15:44 - Aug 12 with 1746 viewsdanehoop

Without international caps at Senior or Under 21 UK Immigration rules and work permit arrangements it really is difficult to say he qualifies as a special talent more than any other Colombian footballer in same position. I guess arguments being advanced will be the under 20 caps, playing in top team in Argentina for several years and possibly some kind of promise/assurance letter from Colombian FA that he will in or considered for inclusion of their next senior squad (which if they are as highly placed in FIFA rankings may count for something). In reality though the case looks thun and probably wont qualify. Probably end up in Italy or Spain where such rules do not apply in the same way and then become one of top scorers in Serie A or Primera League. Grrr.

Never knowingly understood

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 15:50 - Aug 12 with 1728 viewsJonDoeman

Fck me, I wish the club had spoken to some of the 'experts' on here before flying him over for a medical! Bet all this is costing more than Beard's taxi

It Is What It Is !!

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 15:53 - Aug 12 with 1715 viewswombat

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 15:50 - Aug 12 by JonDoeman

Fck me, I wish the club had spoken to some of the 'experts' on here before flying him over for a medical! Bet all this is costing more than Beard's taxi

Hate to agree with some but would love to see this happen but cant see immigration allowing it to go through shame they dont allow a part visa based on appearences for his international side in a set period of time but that would be way easy

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 16:06 - Aug 12 with 1655 viewsHAYESBOY

He has 3 U20 caps.

Sorted!

Smells like a trout farm in here

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 16:10 - Aug 12 with 1629 viewsJonDoeman

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 15:53 - Aug 12 by wombat

Hate to agree with some but would love to see this happen but cant see immigration allowing it to go through shame they dont allow a part visa based on appearences for his international side in a set period of time but that would be way easy

I like to disagree with most on here. ;)
And if we've done the deal with his club and got him here for a medical, I'd say they were certain they'll get a favourable decision. We'll see

It Is What It Is !!

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 16:11 - Aug 12 with 1624 viewsJonDoeman

Precedent?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillermo_Varela

It Is What It Is !!

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 16:14 - Aug 12 with 1606 viewsJuzzie

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 15:53 - Aug 12 by wombat

Just send him via Sangatte.
Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 16:17 - Aug 12 with 1580 viewsJamie

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 16:10 - Aug 12 by JonDoeman

I like to disagree with most on here. ;)
And if we've done the deal with his club and got him here for a medical, I'd say they were certain they'll get a favourable decision. We'll see

Like Henrique...
Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 16:18 - Aug 12 with 1579 viewsBklynRanger

I know we all have plenty of reason to expect a Palladini style shambles, but you'd think the club must feel they have a pretty strong case based on the efforts everyone's going to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024