Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread 22:42 - Aug 12 with 42740 viewsnumptydumpty

I think only ever started one match day thread

But have taken responsibility this season for our new found cup successes.

The cup run starts here.

Taylor Richards scores a 90th minute winner - an own goal - to set us on our merry way and few games later Richards gets cult hero status in being the beginning of the magic run towards Carabao Cup Final success !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:20 - Aug 13 with 3353 viewsDorse

Not loving Dykes as a 10. Busy, sure, but nothing much in the way of creativity.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:22 - Aug 13 with 3223 viewsstevec

Being out passed by a shit league one side, it’s utterly embarrassing
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:22 - Aug 13 with 3211 viewsstainrods_elbow

We look half-cocked, half-baked, and frankly half-arsed, and Cifuentes needs to take responsibility.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:22 - Aug 13 with 3191 viewsVancouverHoop

This break might settle things down a bit. The past fifteen minutes or so have been crazy mad
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:23 - Aug 13 with 3136 viewsnumptydumpty

There so much negativity on this thread.

We are winning a cup tie away which last time we were in that position was nine years ago.

It's a run out and some decent moments

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:25 - Aug 13 with 3011 views1BobbyHazell

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:20 - Aug 13 by dmm

Time and again Field gets caught on the edge of our box faffing around with the ball

We all love Sam but we will really struggle to improve our ability to move the ball up the field especially against a press with him in the side. He is quite scared of the ball and spends a large chunk of his time pointing to where he thinks the man on the ball should pass rather than making himself a genuine option or at least making clever movements to create space. Also said pointed out pass is ALWAYS the most obvious sideways/backwards safe non progressive one that really needs no pointing out (ie just the sort of pass that Sam always makes that we need to be making less of).

He's not the only one but...
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:25 - Aug 13 with 2984 viewsLogman

It just makes no sense to play it around the back when we can by-pass them further forward.

The youg lads are all showing a lot of promise but you wonder about them delivering on consistency
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:26 - Aug 13 with 2894 viewsrichpr

Frey is so knackered he is about to puke - Lloyd is exhausted. EDB has been strolling around doing sweet FA and looking half-arsed - only 75 mins gone, being outplayed and definitely out-fought. Embarrassing
Login to get fewer ads

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:27 - Aug 13 with 2861 viewsrbee

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:17 - Aug 13 by actonman

A decent champ team will tear this lot a new rrshole , absolutely abysmal performance .
Am I the only one thinking Varane is not the messiah we were hoping for ?

I would suggest the answer to that question will be revealed November time. Give the lad a chance!
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:27 - Aug 13 with 2847 viewsSpaceman_P

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:23 - Aug 13 by numptydumpty

We are winning a cup tie away which last time we were in that position was nine years ago.

Are you watching the same game Numpty?
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:29 - Aug 13 with 2627 viewsMrSheen

Their midfield is just so much better than ours.
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:29 - Aug 13 with 2606 viewsdmm

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:23 - Aug 13 by numptydumpty

Given we're being out played by the favourites to be relegated to league 2, I think we've every right to be negative.
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:30 - Aug 13 with 2574 viewsToast_R

Sounds like we've been teleported back 12 months. Apart from the scoreline of course.
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:31 - Aug 13 with 2469 viewsnumptydumpty

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:27 - Aug 13 by Spaceman_P

We playing a lot that won't be in the team.

First half we were very comfortable.

We lost our way a little this half but our second team still winning and first away cup win for nine years but we don't have so many half empty fans on forums

Not the case at games I would say

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:31 - Aug 13 with 2432 viewsdaveB

the 2 wingers for Cambridge have been really good
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:32 - Aug 13 with 2409 viewsMalintabuk

I'm starting to want them to beat us.... they have ripped us a new one this half. The keeper and the Post have kept us in this.
We have been shocking
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:32 - Aug 13 with 2387 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Second best to a team tipped to be relegated from League 1.
No discernible style of play.
Cant play out from the back.
Several players have given a very poor account of themselves when they needed to impress. .

Frey played well.
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:32 - Aug 13 with 2372 viewsCateLeBonR

Hanging on a bit now 😬
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:33 - Aug 13 with 2339 viewsconnell10

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:32 - Aug 13 by Malintabuk

I'm starting to want them to beat us.... they have ripped us a new one this half. The keeper and the Post have kept us in this.
We have been shocking

Wtf you want them to beat us....weird

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:33 - Aug 13 with 2326 viewsGaryHaddock

The goalscorer for Cambridge, Paul Digby, is the son of former QPR goalkeeper, Fraser Digby.
[Post edited 13 Aug 21:37]
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:33 - Aug 13 with 2298 viewsVancouverHoop

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:27 - Aug 13 by Spaceman_P

He's right, it's an early season game with a fair number of new players. They're still figuring out their game. Another eight matches, we'll know more.
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:34 - Aug 13 with 2164 viewsMalintabuk

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:33 - Aug 13 by connell10

Wtf you want them to beat us....weird

Simple they deserve it and we deserve to get nothing out of this game...
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:34 - Aug 13 with 2152 viewsBrazilNutR

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:30 - Aug 13 by Toast_R

Sounds like we've been teleported back 12 months. Apart from the scoreline of course.

we literally cannot get the ball off them, they look like Manchester City. passing and moving, we look totally off the pace,
Cambridge are playing the nice football, we are spectators, and bad ones. I don't remember a chance we have really made this half., they could easily be 4-0 up in the second half..
I know its a cup game, and away, but it is hard to not be worried
Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:36 - Aug 13 with 1963 viewsconnell10

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:34 - Aug 13 by Malintabuk

Simple they deserve it and we deserve to get nothing out of this game...

Mate I never want any team to win only Rangers...that was a really strange thing to say imo

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Cambridge- the carabao cup adventure starts here - match thread on 21:37 - Aug 13 with 1870 viewsRs_Holy

hanging on against the mighty U's
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024