Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? 21:30 - Jul 19 with 21296 viewsLogman

I seriously cannot take another season of weekly/daily rants about the plight of the club and how we should be emulating Brentford/Luton/Bournemouth etc etc etc

We are not and not only is life too short to be spending every day looking over a shoulder at Luton/Brentford/Bournemouth etc etc but there is also f**k all that we can do about it as our investment in the club (both in terms of the depths of our pockets and colour of our blood, i.e. blue and white) is insignificant in the grand scale of things.

So are we going to be realistic on here and accept our fate or is it going to be another season of angst ?

Just asking so I can manage my expectations.

Cheers
[Post edited 19 Jul 2023 22:21]
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 19:56 - Jul 20 with 2753 viewsDavieQPR

Some people just love a bit of 'doom and gloom' and can only see the negatives in life. Just repeated posts of imminent armageddon. They must have been really upset when we didn't get relegated last year.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 20:16 - Jul 20 with 2716 viewsnix

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 18:39 - Jul 20 by E15Hoop

Nixy - you forgot about me!!

Definitely not you E15.

There's obviously lots whose posts I enjoy. Just exaggerating for dramatic effect!
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 20:19 - Jul 20 with 2714 viewsHooping_Mad

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 19:41 - Jul 20 by Superhoops2808

This is just another thread along the lines of the them & us thread.

People who love to post here more so when things are looking grim.

I am sure it will all be Les Ferdinands fault for years to come anyway

I don't like negativity, so I'll down vote the OP and gas light other contributors.

Classic LFW.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 22:44 - Jul 20 with 2627 viewslave16

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 20:19 - Jul 20 by Hooping_Mad

I don't like negativity, so I'll down vote the OP and gas light other contributors.

Classic LFW.

Prepared for relegation from the premier League in two years time - I am

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 22:51 - Jul 20 with 2604 viewsdanehoop

I've supported them for almost 50 years. I think I am mentally prepared for anything from my team at this point.

Never knowingly understood

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 07:40 - Jul 21 with 2477 viewslightwaterhoop

I'm going mental preparing for relegation!
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 07:45 - Jul 21 with 2478 viewsMonkey_Roots

I applaud the decision to release Balogun and Martin - finally, some sense.

But then you hear that GA tried to keep both of them… oh man, so close!
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 08:33 - Jul 21 with 2435 viewsWestonsuperR

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 22:53 - Jul 19 by DejR_vu

With the squad the way it is we’re going to need far more than an ‘us against the world’, underdog mentality, imo. You might be able to pull it off in League One or Two, but not in this league, we’re not just a bit short, we’re miles off. I think this squad would struggle in League One.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the business we’ve done so far, but I had very, very low expectations. As it stands, we have about half a dozen to eight Championship standard players in the entire squad. A few injuries and we could be down to four or five. Given the fixtures at the start of the season, before the transfer window closes, I’m expecting us to be bottom by some distance. If we don’t make some more decent signings by the time the window shuts I expect us to stay bottom, playing dreadful football, and being routinely humiliated. If it plays out like that I will be totally p1ssed off, expected or not. Anything better than that and I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

I was planning on adding my own comments but this sums it up perfectly, struggling to find any positivity really or to make any sort of case to suggest we could finish above the bottom 3. Let’s hope I am completely wrong!
Login to get fewer ads

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 08:34 - Jul 21 with 2430 viewsdmm

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 07:45 - Jul 21 by Monkey_Roots

I applaud the decision to release Balogun and Martin - finally, some sense.

But then you hear that GA tried to keep both of them… oh man, so close!

Who made the decision not to renew their contracts if not GA?
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 08:37 - Jul 21 with 2411 viewsMonkey_Roots

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 08:34 - Jul 21 by dmm

Who made the decision not to renew their contracts if not GA?

I dunno, the players themselves?

Reports were that Martin wanted a longer deal than the year offered, and Balogun just couldn’t turn Rangers Down could he - such a huge club!
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 09:28 - Jul 21 with 2318 viewsjoe90

Last season was particularly bad because the expectations were much higher AND we got taste of what could be. The collapse was unprecedented!

In my humble opinion, if we do get relegated this season it won't feel as bad as what we experienced last season.

This might sound crazy, but I don't believe relegation from the position we're in now with our current set up would be a disaster.

Whatever league we're in next season we should have more money to spend due to the spending cycle.

Also, relegation isn't guaranteed, we just don't know. Far too early say.

Am I mentally prepared for relegation, all depends how it happens. If we sack GA in November and go through another three managers and playing styles, no, I don't think I could handle that.

If there's plan/strategy that's looking beyond this season and we stick with GA and we go down, I could handle that.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 9:29]
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 09:29 - Jul 21 with 2316 viewsR_from_afar

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 10:29 - Jul 20 by stevec

Well it can’t get any worse than this can it….

Oh, it can. Look at this:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/66264186

I think we are in for a very tough season and, inevitably, lots of rants from posters claiming that absolutely everything is going wrong at the club.

I've no idea if Ainsworth can keep us up but I do think he will sort out the mentality problem the club has. We need people who are proud to be here, who put the club before themselves and who put in one hundred percent effort.

Granted, players and staff will come here and then go on to bigger and better things, but while they are here, we need their total commitment.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 12:47 - Jul 21 with 2229 viewsderbyhoop

Having thought about this, and assuming we don't lose Chair, Willick, Field or Dykes, I don't think the first choice XI is too bad.
Begovic for Dieng is not a bad swap.
We've lost Dickie and Balogun from CB. However if we can get 35 games out of JCS, he's shown as a quality defender.
Johansen's form deteriorated so badly, he's not a great loss.
Attacking wise, Smyth, Willock and Chair supporting Dykes, Kelman and Armstrong should provide a threat.
OK so we're still unconvinced by KaKay as 1st choice RB and JCS is unreliable in terms of fitness. Dozzell will probably partner Field as defensive midfielder.
So those are the main weak areas. A RB, backup CB + Gubbins and a DM are needed. Although EDB and SDM could fill in, neither have been convincing.
If we can get permanent cover in those positions, on free transfers, all well and good. Otherwise we need to source some decent loans.

I also feel Wednesday, Rotherham, Huddersfield, Cardiff and Stoke are no better than us.

Any thoughts?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 16:23 - Jul 21 with 2139 viewsbosh67

I've never been that excited by the Wing thing. An average player who looks like he'll be plying his trade at 28 in the 3rd tier. However, we are still very short of players and I reckon we need another experienced forward, centre back and right back or this may be a very very hard season. Not sure on no money and very little time where any of these players come from? I am guessing we will be back in the loan market.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 17:47 - Jul 21 with 2061 viewsHammersmithR

I think we are absolutely nailed on for relegation. This squad looks terrible. We are lacking at least 2 centre backs, a proper right back, 3 centre mids, 2 wingers and 2 strikers with pace and power up top. I think we will be relegated by Easter weekend with our lowest points total in years. I want to be wrong but can’t see anything else sadly. Ainsworth plays a horrible brand of football and I can’t see it improving this season.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 19:09 - Jul 21 with 2019 viewsLogman

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 17:47 - Jul 21 by HammersmithR

I think we are absolutely nailed on for relegation. This squad looks terrible. We are lacking at least 2 centre backs, a proper right back, 3 centre mids, 2 wingers and 2 strikers with pace and power up top. I think we will be relegated by Easter weekend with our lowest points total in years. I want to be wrong but can’t see anything else sadly. Ainsworth plays a horrible brand of football and I can’t see it improving this season.

I agree and its the lack of players which is also a major issue. This is not 1975/76. You cannot do a season with 15 or 16 players these days. You need 2 reasonable players in every position. We possibly have that at left back and right wing - and attacking centre mid if Richards comes good. Elsewhere we simply don't have the players who are up to standard and it would not be unreasonable to foresee a team with 5 experienced Championship players and 6 Development Squad players by the time we get to December.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 19:45 - Jul 21 with 1972 viewsSuperhoops2808

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 20:19 - Jul 20 by Hooping_Mad

Classic LFW.

Glad you're not disappointed then
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 12:10 - Jul 22 with 1813 viewsthemodfather

thinking it's another hard slog hovering around bottom 6 .
our new goalie is going to be the hardest working methinks , lack of funds is not helping.
but do QPR fans ever expect to romp the league and win cups? no.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 12:37 - Jul 22 with 1738 viewsHooping_Mad

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 19:45 - Jul 21 by Superhoops2808

Glad you're not disappointed then

Why not make a positive contribution instead? I don't care what you do either way dickhead.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 12:48 - Jul 22 with 1719 viewsE15Hoop

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 17:47 - Jul 21 by HammersmithR

I personally didn't think countless chances against Steyr last week, with some positive forward play from Smyth in particular, as well as good quality crosses was this "horrible brand of football" that you and countless others keep harping on about, but clearly we weren't watching the same game.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 13:23 - Jul 22 with 1648 viewsterryb

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 12:48 - Jul 22 by E15Hoop

I personally didn't think countless chances against Steyr last week, with some positive forward play from Smyth in particular, as well as good quality crosses was this "horrible brand of football" that you and countless others keep harping on about, but clearly we weren't watching the same game.

From the highlights, I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of the ball being played on the ground last Saturday.

I understand though, that it was very different against Slavia Prague!
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 13:40 - Jul 22 with 1600 viewsE15Hoop

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 13:23 - Jul 22 by terryb

From the highlights, I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of the ball being played on the ground last Saturday.

I understand though, that it was very different against Slavia Prague!

Yeah that match wasn't great from a defending point of view, but there was some nice interplay between Paal and Willock down the left hand side, and Taylor Richards was bright and could/should have scored from a nice bit of slaloming through their defence.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 14:36 - Jul 22 with 1552 viewsSonofpugwash

I prefer to be mentally prepared for promotion even though it may be as deluded as the Liberal Party under David Steel .

People say "you must be mad"
I say "I have a certificate".
"But this certificate is for a dog sir".
"Woof woof ruff ruff"
"Well that appears to be in order sir."

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 14:45 - Jul 22 with 1541 viewsPunteR

2010/11 we have the best team weve had in 20 years ,we get promoted and we f**k that up.
2014 we win at Wembley ,back in the Prem and we f**k that up.
Consolidate in the championship with new Dof and a new approach , 8 years in and we f**K that up.
Ah well.. we dust ourselves off and go again . New era.
Am i mentally prepared for relegation..? Well you have to be some sort of deluded idiot to think relegation isnt a possibility. Its in the back of my mind most seasons and this next one is no exception.
Yeh i'm mentally prepared thanks.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 17:11 - Jul 22 with 1456 viewsstainrods_elbow

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 23:19 - Jul 19 by nix

But why are you assuming that you're being realistic by thinking we're going to be relegated.

Sorry but by starting this thread you're part of the problem.

If you need to think we're going down, then just do. Surely you don't need anyone to tell you we're going down in order to believe it. But if you do, I'm sure you'll have plenty of takers, most of which I've got on mute.

I'd personally much rather enjoy at least the first ten matches and see where we are then, but you do you.

I am wondering whether I'll end up with just me and Clive that I haven't actually muted...oh and Brian. <waves at Brian>
[Post edited 19 Jul 2023 23:22]

Why join a messageboard at all if your reaction to fellow fans who disagree with you is to stick your fingers in your ears like an autistic child? Grow up!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024