Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? 21:30 - Jul 19 with 21299 viewsLogman

I seriously cannot take another season of weekly/daily rants about the plight of the club and how we should be emulating Brentford/Luton/Bournemouth etc etc etc

We are not and not only is life too short to be spending every day looking over a shoulder at Luton/Brentford/Bournemouth etc etc but there is also f**k all that we can do about it as our investment in the club (both in terms of the depths of our pockets and colour of our blood, i.e. blue and white) is insignificant in the grand scale of things.

So are we going to be realistic on here and accept our fate or is it going to be another season of angst ?

Just asking so I can manage my expectations.

Cheers
[Post edited 19 Jul 2023 22:21]
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 09:13 - Jul 20 with 2546 viewsMonkey_Roots

I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Sure, we’ve lost some players, but these were the majority of players we called out last year for not working hard enough or playing for the badge. Martin and Balogun have gone - this is good.

We’ve begun to replace them with players that will hopefully have a different mentality. Yes, we need more, but with no money it’s going to take us longer to get them in the door.

Most of us wanted LF gone, plenty were calling for TF to go.

We now have a world class training facility.

We’re already better off IMO.

If we manage to get our finances a bit straighter, see some fight on the pitch, bring in some more players and avoid relegation, we’re going to be in a much healthier position this time next year - that’s progress, no?

Things are moving in a positive direction, but it’s going to be tough.

I’m not without fears - playing style is a big one, as is not managing to bring in any one of a new CB, CM or CF.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 09:30 - Jul 20 with 2478 viewsrobith

I actually think we're going to surprise people, but I am an idiot
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 10:06 - Jul 20 with 2402 viewsterryb

I think that we will stay up as I'm sure that there are at least three teams worse than us!

I can reecall a couple of seasons that I had resigned myself to relegation, but then John Gregory & Neil Warnock somehow performed miracles & saved us. Last season, I became very sanguine regarding relegation, but I'm making no promise that I will be this!

Many people quote how difficult our start to the season is (& I read this every year), but I feel that we are starting with two of our easiest away games. The three games after those are far harder though!

In summary, I think we will survive , but expectations of enjoying the season are lower than normal!
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 10:11 - Jul 20 with 2388 viewsdmm

I simply want to re-emphasise the point one or two have made about first seeing where we are in 10 games before making any judgment. I see no logic in doing otherwise.

Even then, as we've seen many times before, things can change quite dramatically in the course of the season. Remember we were promotion contenders last season only to finish 20th. Changes in fortune through a season happen all the time.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 10:16 - Jul 20 with 2366 viewsPaddyhoops

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 22:23 - Jul 19 by davman

Ready for it at the moment. The back 4 is unchanged and actually much weaker as it's Gubbins and Kakay in as first (fit) choice with Dykes and kids up front. The midfield is PSS poor and weaker without JoJo and Tim. Willock is hardly going to decide to start busting a gut for us now and Chair is off.

So that is a defence worse than the worst defence over the last 30 games last season and an attack that will score no more than 10 goals next season. Good luck to anyone who can pick positives out of that; I can't.

Going down last season might have avoided the pain we are about to experience for the next 10 months.

I hope I am wrong, I really do but there is no team in this league weaker than us right now.

Agree with a lot of that Dav but on Jo Jo, Not so sure .
He was a busted flush last season and rarely fit .
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 10:25 - Jul 20 with 2353 viewsrbee

In answer to the lead question, yes I am mentally prepared for relegation as it would be no surprise.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 10:29 - Jul 20 with 2329 viewsstevec

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 09:30 - Jul 20 by robith

I actually think we're going to surprise people, but I am an idiot

Well it can’t get any worse than this can it….

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 11:42 - Jul 20 with 2251 viewsRs_Holy

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 10:29 - Jul 20 by stevec

how the hell were we not relegated last season????
Login to get fewer ads

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 11:42 - Jul 20 with 2249 viewsDejR_vu

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 10:29 - Jul 20 by stevec

So much material, Balogun's run-in with the fans didn't make the final cut

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 12:00 - Jul 20 with 2212 viewsfrancisbowles

I'm mentally prepared for a long hard grind of a season and finishing outside the bottom three.

Anything else is a bonus!

Moaning and getting on players backs is going to make the task harder. That's my biggest fear.

These players, whoever is in the team, will need to be lifted by the support, especially when they are struggling. We need to encourage effort and, for this season, not worry about skill or style.
We just need to do whatever it takes, park the bus, sh*thousery, go long etc. Anything we do better that is a pleasant surprise.

It's survival all costs.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 13:05 - Jul 20 with 2115 viewsnix

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 08:43 - Jul 20 by DejR_vu

I don’t know Clive personally, but from what I’ve ascertained on here, he has many qualities, but optimism and being upbeat aren’t two of them, 😂 no offence Clive

I’m always curious why people who use a message board feel the need to put posters on ‘ignore’, sort of defeats the object doesn’t it? I can understand posters disagreeing with others, but that’s just life isn’t it. Ignoring posts that are no more than that seems a bit extreme and unnecessary.

I put them on ignore not because I disagree with them. There's plenty of others I disagree with but aren't on mute. It's the constant doomsayers and negative nellies that I have on mute and the ones that are constantly slagging off the club whatever they do.

I don't want to read them because I work really hard to be positive in my life, and because for some mad reason following my football team is important to me, so therefore constantly seeing the bad in everything lowers my mood.

I follow Clive not for his optimism but because he talks sense. He may not be cheeriness personified but he doesn't do doom for the sake of it. In other words, there's some balance. Others seem to revel in predicting the worst. I find it weird.

I don't care if people have me on mute. I'm sure I'm not everyone's cup of tea.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 13:07 - Jul 20 with 2113 viewsNorthantsHoop

I don't ask for much, just some goals from the Rangers at the Loft End would be a positive. Personally think we might be fine, if we can get some momentum at home and stop getting walloped on our own turf.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 13:39 - Jul 20 with 2066 viewsnumptydumpty

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 09:01 - Jul 20 by BrianMcCarthy

I get that too.
Each to their own, as you say.

Relegation is possible but so is finishing in the top half.

You never know with this football club.

Am I prepared though ??

Not exactly because if it happens, it would be disastrous.

Putting people on ignore.

Never knowingly done but, clumsy fingers, done it without my knowledge a couple of times.

But other people's opinions or ideas if they different to me or they going about it in overly aggressive way, it does not bother me enough to hit ignore.

To me a forum is about debate and we all have different ideas but ultimately we all want the same outcomes, no matter how unlikely at times these seem.

So please can everyone put me on ignore because then at least I will get unanimous positive vibes from my strange ramblings !!!! 🤣
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 13:41]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 13:50 - Jul 20 with 2029 viewsdavman

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 23:19 - Jul 19 by nix

But why are you assuming that you're being realistic by thinking we're going to be relegated.

Sorry but by starting this thread you're part of the problem.

If you need to think we're going down, then just do. Surely you don't need anyone to tell you we're going down in order to believe it. But if you do, I'm sure you'll have plenty of takers, most of which I've got on mute.

I'd personally much rather enjoy at least the first ten matches and see where we are then, but you do you.

I am wondering whether I'll end up with just me and Clive that I haven't actually muted...oh and Brian. <waves at Brian>
[Post edited 19 Jul 2023 23:22]

...and yet Clive is "as negative"as the rest of us!

Look, it's just opinions. Sorry if my opinion offends; is isn't intended to; it is just what it is.

Personally cannot see any logic in muting anyone just because they don't meet your view of things.

But, I guess you won't see this as I will certainly be on your "naughty step".

As I say above, if you see positives from where we stand, well done you. I hope that you are right and I am well wide of the mark.

Just my opinion of course...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 13:54 - Jul 20 with 2004 viewsdavman

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 10:16 - Jul 20 by Paddyhoops

Agree with a lot of that Dav but on Jo Jo, Not so sure .
He was a busted flush last season and rarely fit .

Late season yep,but early season, still our best overall midfielder.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 14:40 - Jul 20 with 1968 viewsG_Ottershaw

The one predictable thing about qpr is its unpredictability. I think we'll pick up points where we're not expected to and lose points where we're expected to gain. I also think there's an assumption that all these better teams are going to have a great season. In their desperation to go up or back up, alot of them might end up kicking the sh*t out of each other, ruining their season in the process.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 14:55 - Jul 20 with 1931 viewsbosh67

I think the squad is much weaker than others we've had but it will be down to attitude. If the attitude is good we may well hold our own but I think mid table is the best we can hope for. If the attitude is not so good we will be down with the dead men for a lot of the season.

If we get thumped by Watford there will be much ringing of hands, sack the board, sack the manager and sack the players. If we get a point or better no doubt some will be expecting automatic promotion.

The Dykes contract is interesting because it fells like he's been loyal, which is good, but also if we then don't do too well he actually has a value, unlike other players in their final year of contract.

I think we will mostly be the underdog this season and that is the mentality we have to have to grind results out. I don't think it will be pretty but if we can get a bit of confidence it may surprise us. But 12-14th in my view given this squad will be a good season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 16:04 - Jul 20 with 1848 viewskingsburyR

Ill buy my ST every season and sit in my same seat week after week.

Nothing changes but the clubs we play.

For every down there will be an up!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 16:07 - Jul 20 with 1834 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I hope we make a good start but four away games in the first five is extremely challenging and we need to get some confidence going. Be interesting how we do on Saturday against a League Two side.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 16:28 - Jul 20 with 1804 viewsQPROslo

So much can happen still before the window closes, it's hard to know.. I kinda agree with many posts on this thread both the more positive and more negative ones. One point I haven't seen mentioned is the big ? that is Willock. He may well not be here by September and if he is I guess the probability is he will be way off his best as he's been since last October. But, IF he turns up like he did early on both last season and before his hamstring the one before, he's got the capabilty to win us quite a few points on his own given an adequate defensive, though that of course is another huge doubt at the moment.
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 16:33 - Jul 20 with 1787 viewsvanrrrr

I forget which clubs badge says “Be Prepared” in latin.

Ours should say “ Be prepared… for the worst…always”
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 16:46 - Jul 20 with 1738 viewsted_hendrix

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 23:09 - Jul 19 by colinallcars

C'mon Ted, you must have experienced relegation what, half a dozen times !
Get a grip lad.

I've gotta grip I always have had, doesn't make It any better though.

The end of last season was terrible so what's different now?

I currently have little faith in our Manager and less faith in our squad In it's current form.

Not directed at you but If other posters don't like my opinion tough shIt, mute me--ignore me or do whatever the f uck you wan't.

Hey ho.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 18:26 - Jul 20 with 1667 viewsdmm

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 16:33 - Jul 20 by vanrrrr

I forget which clubs badge says “Be Prepared” in latin.

Ours should say “ Be prepared… for the worst…always”

Parari pro pessimi semper
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 18:39 - Jul 20 with 1652 viewsE15Hoop

Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 23:19 - Jul 19 by nix

But why are you assuming that you're being realistic by thinking we're going to be relegated.

Sorry but by starting this thread you're part of the problem.

If you need to think we're going down, then just do. Surely you don't need anyone to tell you we're going down in order to believe it. But if you do, I'm sure you'll have plenty of takers, most of which I've got on mute.

I'd personally much rather enjoy at least the first ten matches and see where we are then, but you do you.

I am wondering whether I'll end up with just me and Clive that I haven't actually muted...oh and Brian. <waves at Brian>
[Post edited 19 Jul 2023 23:22]

Nixy - you forgot about me!!
Is everyone here mentally prepared for relegation ? on 19:41 - Jul 20 with 1568 viewsSuperhoops2808

This is just another thread along the lines of the them & us thread.

People who love to post here more so when things are looking grim.

I am sure it will all be Les Ferdinands fault for years to come anyway
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024