Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread 19:31 - Jan 31 with 14663 viewsNotLoyal

The Swans head nowhere for the first of four big home games this month. They play a side in Birmingham City with one win in six and who were put through 120 minutes of football in their loss to Blackburn Rovers in the FA Cup this week.

The Officials
JEREMY SIMPSON
Andrew Dallison and Andrew Aylott
Fourth Official : Peter Wright

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59499/this-is-the-month-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59512/swansea-city-ready

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:25 - Feb 4 with 1478 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:23 - Feb 4 by vetchonian

not aimed at you Keith you are omnipresent 😃

I'm gutted as much as I have been a critic of our manager I enjoyed that first half a complete move from Martinball and it delivered then 2nd half his ego kicked in....shame.....lets not lose sight This was Brums first winning 9........I'm sorry Martin is not good enough

It proving to be the case.
Which makes this week one of the worst in our recent history.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:29 - Feb 4 with 1456 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:23 - Feb 4 by vetchonian

not aimed at you Keith you are omnipresent 😃

I'm gutted as much as I have been a critic of our manager I enjoyed that first half a complete move from Martinball and it delivered then 2nd half his ego kicked in....shame.....lets not lose sight This was Brums first winning 9........I'm sorry Martin is not good enough

They played into our hands first half. They had a high defensive line, presumably because we haven’t got any reel pace. I was surprised how easy they made it and that we weren’t out of sight by half time.

They came at us for the first 10 mins or so second half abd we looked shaky.

I honestly believe we’d have held out without the Latibaudiere injury, but we should have been out of sight way before that.
Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:32 - Feb 4 with 1438 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:11 - Feb 4 by vetchonian

the first half we played some great stuff.
much has been written in defence of Russ's tactics when teams park the bus which Brum did yet we played with pace ..no passing for passing sake were direct using the ball some nice diagonal long balls and we should have been 2 up before their dubious penalty which Fisher could have saved....I was a actually full of praise for Martin at half time it seemed he had finally learnt even though it had taken 18months to work it out.
Second half we appeared to revert to Martinball then tjosnmanager so many have creamed over changed formation with Oli Cooper at RWB the crowd knew that was a mistake and then so did Russ he rolled the dice taking Pirpe off and bringing on Darling to reshape the defence and pushing Oli forwRds At that point.t he had used up all substitution slots but not the number of personnel....

AT 4PM I would have been praising Russ but as others have said tonight today wS yet another example of Martin's poor management.....interesting that his usual supporters are MIA ....
The owners CEO cannot be blamed for today the blame lies at the door of the coaching team...shame really as that first half was superb

Not sure anyone is MIA.
Just think all supporters, whatever their opinion on Martin, are stunned by the events of the last week or so, culminating in today's result

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:37 - Feb 4 with 1412 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:32 - Feb 4 by STID2017

Not sure anyone is MIA.
Just think all supporters, whatever their opinion on Martin, are stunned by the events of the last week or so, culminating in today's result

had we got the win we should have this board would have been buzzing ..with the usual suspects...FB, Builth and yourself bigging Martin Martin up......but difficult to do that based o his performance today

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:48 - Feb 4 with 1377 viewsswan65split

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:37 - Feb 4 by vetchonian

had we got the win we should have this board would have been buzzing ..with the usual suspects...FB, Builth and yourself bigging Martin Martin up......but difficult to do that based o his performance today

Huh 10 minutes that all it takes .....MADNESS.....now on Sky arts.
Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:58 - Feb 4 with 1359 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:37 - Feb 4 by vetchonian

So a result like this is great for you then ?
Seriously this result helps no onw

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 21:01 - Feb 4 with 1341 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:58 - Feb 4 by STID2017

So a result like this is great for you then ?
Seriously this result helps no onw

not a great result and read my posts.....please at half time I was full of praise for Martin it seemed he might be learning but then 2nd half his ego kicked in he returned to type and what did we get....but it's all the owners fault

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 21:27 - Feb 4 with 1271 viewsbuilthjack

Ifs and buts.
If those clowns over the pond had spent a small amount to get 3 or 4 players in.
If Cullen had put away those easy chances we would have been 4 or 5 up.
Fine lines.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 22:32 - Feb 4 with 1185 viewsSTID2017

If we has got the result we should have had ( 5 or 6 - 1) then we would have all been buzzing.
Not much can be said to defend that last 30 minutes or so

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 22:50 - Feb 4 with 1146 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 22:32 - Feb 4 by STID2017

If we has got the result we should have had ( 5 or 6 - 1) then we would have all been buzzing.

If we won every league game we would be top.

If we won all the cup games we wouldn’t be out of them.

If the opposition stopped scoring against us our defensive record would improve.

Fine margins.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 23:04]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 23:03 - Feb 4 with 1128 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 22:32 - Feb 4 by STID2017

There's a few or more on here lapping up todays result under the guise that they are SCFC fans, who by they are obviously can't be, its pathetic.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 23:06 - Feb 4 with 1113 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 23:03 - Feb 4 by max936

There's a few or more on here lapping up todays result under the guise that they are SCFC fans, who by they are obviously can't be, its pathetic.

Not seeing that.

I am seeing people lashing out at those adding reality to the situation in their attempts to deflect blame away from Martin though.

Bloody owners reducing us to 10 men by making an absolute pigs ear of the subs, no doubt they told him to take off a raring to go and fired up Piroe too. Bloody Americans…

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 23:10 - Feb 4 with 1111 viewsonehunglow

Strong experienced physical players did for us at St Andrews
Same today
We prefer weak insipid and kids
We are so easy to play
Won the stats possessing though

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 23:13 - Feb 4 with 1111 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 23:03 - Feb 4 by max936

Exactly Max.
Gutted and angry after today's result, but the way some actually enjoy it, using it as a way to score points on here is beyond belief.

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 23:15 - Feb 4 with 1092 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 23:10 - Feb 4 by onehunglow

Same today
We are so easy to play

Correct OHL,

And the way some revel in deflecting culpability onto the very owners sustaining us is beyond belief. It’s like they enjoy it when we lose so they can blame the owners.

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 23:16 - Feb 4 with 1098 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 23:10 - Feb 4 by onehunglow

Same today
We are so easy to play

We are where we are. but there's far to many lapping up stuff when we lose, some are clueless as to how football works even though they claim [without proof of course] that they are "experts" in their field and always claim they are right. its Pathetic

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 23:17 - Feb 4 with 1097 viewsSTID2017

Same today
We are so easy to play

Obviously looked at the result and not watched the game ?
Brum should have been blown out of the water long before they started muscling their way through the latter part of the second half.
11 shots with 4 on target just in the first half ?

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 23:33 - Feb 4 with 1071 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 23:16 - Feb 4 by max936

We are where we are. but there's far to many lapping up stuff when we lose, some are clueless as to how football works even though they claim [without proof of course] that they are "experts" in their field and always claim they are right. its Pathetic

The only people lapping it up that I see are those that are using on field rubbish to blame the only people at the club keeping us afloat.

That certainly is pathetic.

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 23:34 - Feb 4 with 1080 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 23:15 - Feb 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Correct OHL,

And the way some revel in deflecting culpability onto the very owners sustaining us is beyond belief. It’s like they enjoy it when we lose so they can blame the owners.

Down to ten men but absolutely appalling defending by Darling on both goals, 6 foot plus defender who is not looking at the crosses, has his back to the ball as it is being crossed and so is unable to attack the ball allowing the player he is trying to grapple with, to just shrug him off to get in front of him to score.Twice.
Manager needs to be a bit cleverer when making substitutions 5 possible but limited himself to 3 by poor timing and changing the team around on the three separate occasions.
Complete disarray.
Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 23:38 - Feb 4 with 1064 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 23:34 - Feb 4 by RichardO

Down to ten men but absolutely appalling defending by Darling on both goals, 6 foot plus defender who is not looking at the crosses, has his back to the ball as it is being crossed and so is unable to attack the ball allowing the player he is trying to grapple with, to just shrug him off to get in front of him to score.Twice.
Manager needs to be a bit cleverer when making substitutions 5 possible but limited himself to 3 by poor timing and changing the team around on the three separate occasions.
Complete disarray.

Player he brought in for a 7 figure sum getting beaten by the pressure steeped on the side due to his substitution blunder… and people blaming the owners.

Truly, it’s beyond staggering.

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 00:07 - Feb 5 with 1028 viewsLuther27

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 23:38 - Feb 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Player he brought in for a 7 figure sum getting beaten by the pressure steeped on the side due to his substitution blunder… and people blaming the owners.

Truly, it’s beyond staggering.

Are you saying the owners never misled the fans during the build up to January?
Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 00:16 - Feb 5 with 1018 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 00:07 - Feb 5 by Luther27

He makes a fair point about Darling.
Then rather negates it by talking about the way the owners lied to all of us over the recent window.
The owners certainly misled those inside and outside the club in the build up to and during January.

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 00:20 - Feb 5 with 1013 viewsLuther27

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 00:16 - Feb 5 by STID2017

Then rather negates it by talking about the way the owners lied to all of us over the recent window.
The owners certainly misled those inside and outside the club in the build up to and during January.

No argument regarding Darling….or RM. I’m definitely not a fan of his that’s for certain.
Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 00:40 - Feb 5 with 991 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 00:07 - Feb 5 by Luther27

In terms of what?

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 08:19 - Feb 5 with 832 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 00:16 - Feb 5 by STID2017

what have the owners got to do with yesterdays shambles.....
Maybe having seen the results of listening to Martin and signing Darling and Fisher neither of whom have shone since arriving and in fact are no longer automatic picks decided not to waste any more cash.
I'm no fan of our owners but they appear to be keeping us in a healthy financial position....maybe to make it easier for them to sell but at least we have not encountered the same freefall we saw last time we fell out of the top tier.
I'm not revelling in yesterdays loss...I'm still angry the total mismanagement in the second half is indicative of Martin's reign ....as I said I was actually full of praise at 4pm tginking he had learnt how fooled I was.
Darling for me was a waste of money whilst he looks great with the ball at his feet going forward for a 6foot central defender his defensive qualities are suspect....I dont see him turning a profit in selling on

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024