Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread 19:31 - Jan 31 with 15079 viewsNotLoyal

The Swans head nowhere for the first of four big home games this month. They play a side in Birmingham City with one win in six and who were put through 120 minutes of football in their loss to Blackburn Rovers in the FA Cup this week.

The Officials
JEREMY SIMPSON
Andrew Dallison and Andrew Aylott
Fourth Official : Peter Wright

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59499/this-is-the-month-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59512/swansea-city-ready

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 17:33 - Feb 4 with 2017 viewsDr_Parnassus

As I said earlier, I’ll wait the full month of fixtures before making my full appraisal on the performance, but after that I find it incredibly hard to watch and say nothing.

So one point to make here, as I see the way the blame game is going already after looking around the different places - we have been doing the same things over and over again for the last 18 months, whether that’s in periods we have had a load of players in, and also periods without players in.

The same slow patterns, the same mistakes, the same game management issues.

There comes a time when people need to realise where the issues are, deflecting blame is doing the club is a disservice.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 17:45 - Feb 4 with 1901 viewsDr_Winston

Well, that was a masterclass in Martin incompetence.

Defensive errors? Check.
Baffling subs? Check.
Striker left marooned upfront on his own (and will no doubt be at fault according to Russy)? Check.
Sitting back for the last 20 minutes awaiting the inevitable? Check.

Can't wait to find out who he blames for it.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 17:49]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 17:47 - Feb 4 with 1883 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 17:45 - Feb 4 by Dr_Winston

Defensive errors? Check.
Baffling subs? Check.
Striker left marooned upfront on his own (and will no doubt be at fault according to Russy)? Check.

Can’t disagree.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 17:48 - Feb 4 with 1853 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 17:47 - Feb 4 by KeithHaynes

Can’t disagree.

Nor me.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 17:51 - Feb 4 with 1819 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 17:45 - Feb 4 by Dr_Winston

Defensive errors? Check.
Baffling subs? Check.

But, but, he is such nice guy with a vision, just what the club needs.
Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 17:51 - Feb 4 with 1812 viewsSTID2017

Defensive errors? Check.
Baffling subs? Check.

Can't disagree either

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 17:51 - Feb 4 with 1812 viewsDr_Winston

If it was the first time it had happened then perhaps some excuse could be made. Truth is we're probably far off if not already into double figures for the times this has happened during his tenure.

Transfer windows, ownership, fallouts, it's all window dressing. He's just not a very good manager and has shown little to suggest that he'll ever become one. He can't or won't learn from any of his mistakes in any aspect of the job.

Time he was gone.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 17:51 - Feb 4 with 1811 viewskrunchykarrot

Just got in and i still cant believe how naive we were after we got the third. Watching from high up the energy and hustle from ollie and Liam was awesome for a half with the Swans in complete control apart form what looked like a dubious penalty. Then they bring on 2 subs who caused havoc wtih their movement until we sorted ourselves out with Joel switching. Then somehow we end up with 4 CH and concede with 2 headers and hardly any game management to speak of.

RM can ask himself if the subs were used wisely and the 4 CH can take equal responsibility for the front post disasters.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 17:51 - Feb 4 with 1806 viewsTreforys_Jack

Defensive errors? Check.
Baffling subs? Check.

Tippy tappy at the back, low reward high risk , when will we learn.
Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 17:54 - Feb 4 with 1770 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 17:51 - Feb 4 by Treforys_Jack

Tippy tappy at the back, low reward high risk , when will we learn.

We won't. It's as simple as that.

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 17:54 - Feb 4 with 1770 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 17:51 - Feb 4 by Dr_Winston

If it was the first time it had happened then perhaps some excuse could be made. Truth is we're probably far off if not already into double figures for the times this has happened during his tenure.

Transfer windows, ownership, fallouts, it's all window dressing. He's just not a very good manager and has shown little to suggest that he'll ever become one. He can't or won't learn from any of his mistakes in any aspect of the job.

Time he was gone.

Hard to argue with any of that.

Time to move on

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 18:01 - Feb 4 with 1689 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Clueless tactical appreciation by Martin today. A Birmingham side who in the first half were the worst team I have seen in a long time. Their only shot was the penalty conceded after more inept defending. We got back the game by attacking them and scoring two. In the second half Manning caught out of position in their half and out defence let a player run from his own half with the ball. No attempt to close him down or tackle him. We get a gift of a third . With 30 minutes to go we should have kept attacking going for a fourth. What does Martin do takes our forwards and goalscorers off inviting Birmingham to attack our terrible defence. Even worse even though you can use 5 subs Martin decided to make them one at a time and you are only allowed to subs on three occasions. How on earth can a professional manager make that simple error. Needless to say we ended up playing the last 12 minutes with 10 men plus 7 minutes of injury time after an injury.

Clueless Martin time to go .

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 18:15 - Feb 4 with 1582 viewsshingle

Seems the penny has dropped even amongst the deluded on here in regards to just how poor a manager this Martin guy is, i expected to come on here to explain to those who constantly defend him that this result had nothing to do with no new signings as Birmingham are ravaged by injuries and have lost there last five games but looking at the comments there is no need however the name and shame list of the clueless who rated this guy will be produced once he walks or is sacked.
Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 18:18 - Feb 4 with 1557 viewslifelong

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 17:47 - Feb 4 by KeithHaynes

Can’t disagree.

Unfortunately, neither can I.

How we can go from playing very well in the first half to the absolute shite fest in the second half?10 men or not for the last 10 minutes. It’s so frustrating. The manager has to take responsibility for it. Our defending at dead ball situations is shockingly bad.
Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 18:20 - Feb 4 with 1551 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 18:15 - Feb 4 by shingle

Seems the penny has dropped even amongst the deluded on here in regards to just how poor a manager this Martin guy is, i expected to come on here to explain to those who constantly defend him that this result had nothing to do with no new signings as Birmingham are ravaged by injuries and have lost there last five games but looking at the comments there is no need however the name and shame list of the clueless who rated this guy will be produced once he walks or is sacked.

It appears that they really couldn't see that supporting the manager regardless is not actually supporting the team or the club.
I am sure if it was bad player they would have wanted rid, but he has far more affect than any single player.
Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 18:24 - Feb 4 with 1524 viewskrunchykarrot

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 18:18 - Feb 4 by lifelong

How we can go from playing very well in the first half to the absolute shite fest in the second half?10 men or not for the last 10 minutes. It’s so frustrating. The manager has to take responsibility for it. Our defending at dead ball situations is shockingly bad.

Its worse than "shockingly bad" it happens week in week out schoolboy stuff ill say it again 4 ch's and not one of them attacked the ball instead they just grab hold not even looking at the ball for the last goal. But Lifelong we were superb at times and our second was a class goal and i totally agree with your post frustrated and well peed off.
Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 19:24 - Feb 4 with 1369 viewsjacksfullaces

30 mins high tempo incisive football, fulton/ntcham/grimes all running the show, 30 mins of treading water/running out of steam/putting ourselves in trouble with pointless passing in front of our own goal, 30 mins of chaos and shambles on and off the field. Certainly made for an interesting afternoon. At least the MB can hit all 3 of the usual suspects hard after this, manager, players and owners. Tend to think this season will continue to be the usual mid table lurch for us this year, going to try and enjoy the odd passages of good play when I can!
Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 19:28 - Feb 4 with 1352 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 17:51 - Feb 4 by Dr_Winston

Time he was gone.

The reality is, there’s more than a little bit of merit in the transfer windows argument.

At the same time, ‘he’s not a very good manager’ is the most salient point. That game should have been settled by half time. We’ve dropped far too many points to teams we’ve dominated for large periods and not capitalised on
Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 19:49 - Feb 4 with 1288 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 18:18 - Feb 4 by lifelong

Absolutely correct, it was awful. Totally agree.

I can see this being a serious catalyst for Russell Martin.

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:01 - Feb 4 with 1245 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 19:28 - Feb 4 by jack247

The reality is, there’s more than a little bit of merit in the transfer windows argument.

At the same time, ‘he’s not a very good manager’ is the most salient point. That game should have been settled by half time. We’ve dropped far too many points to teams we’ve dominated for large periods and not capitalised on

Windows?

Russell has been the beneficiary of very good transfer windows. Largely getting in players he wants (Sorinola, Fisher, Darling) - yet he barely plays any of them.

This window just gone was disappointing but not overly so. We didn’t lose anyone that the manager wanted to keep so we had the same strong side as before it, a side that he openly says should be in the top 6 already.

The recent transfer window is the bottom of the list when it comes to blame for where we are.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:05 - Feb 4 with 1234 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:01 - Feb 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Windows?

Russell has been the beneficiary of very good transfer windows. Largely getting in players he wants (Sorinola, Fisher, Darling) - yet he barely plays any of them.

This window just gone was disappointing but not overly so. We didn’t lose anyone that the manager wanted to keep so we had the same strong side as before it, a side that he openly says should be in the top 6 already.

The recent transfer window is the bottom of the list when it comes to blame for where we are.

No disagreeing with the final comment.

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:11 - Feb 4 with 1198 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:01 - Feb 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Windows?

Transfer windows have been a problem for a long time. It’s not exclusive to Russell Martin. Steve Cooper and Graeme Potter both got players they wanted, but were both obviously frustrated and justifiably so.

Regardless of that, I agree, the manager is a big problem for us at the moment. Having just watched his press conference, I’m not convinced he will be for much longer. Good luck to whoever comes next.
Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:11 - Feb 4 with 1198 viewsvetchonian

the first half we played some great stuff.
much has been written in defence of Russ's tactics when teams park the bus which Brum did yet we played with pace ..no passing for passing sake were direct using the ball some nice diagonal long balls and we should have been 2 up before their dubious penalty which Fisher could have saved....I was a actually full of praise for Martin at half time it seemed he had finally learnt even though it had taken 18months to work it out.
Second half we appeared to revert to Martinball then tjosnmanager so many have creamed over changed formation with Oli Cooper at RWB the crowd knew that was a mistake and then so did Russ he rolled the dice taking Pirpe off and bringing on Darling to reshape the defence and pushing Oli forwRds At that point.t he had used up all substitution slots but not the number of personnel....

AT 4PM I would have been praising Russ but as others have said tonight today wS yet another example of Martin's poor management.....interesting that his usual supporters are MIA ....
The owners CEO cannot be blamed for today the blame lies at the door of the coaching team...shame really as that first half was superb

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:12 - Feb 4 with 1191 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:11 - Feb 4 by vetchonian

the first half we played some great stuff.
much has been written in defence of Russ's tactics when teams park the bus which Brum did yet we played with pace ..no passing for passing sake were direct using the ball some nice diagonal long balls and we should have been 2 up before their dubious penalty which Fisher could have saved....I was a actually full of praise for Martin at half time it seemed he had finally learnt even though it had taken 18months to work it out.
Second half we appeared to revert to Martinball then tjosnmanager so many have creamed over changed formation with Oli Cooper at RWB the crowd knew that was a mistake and then so did Russ he rolled the dice taking Pirpe off and bringing on Darling to reshape the defence and pushing Oli forwRds At that point.t he had used up all substitution slots but not the number of personnel....

AT 4PM I would have been praising Russ but as others have said tonight today wS yet another example of Martin's poor management.....interesting that his usual supporters are MIA ....
The owners CEO cannot be blamed for today the blame lies at the door of the coaching team...shame really as that first half was superb

I’m here, as ever 😉

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:23 - Feb 4 with 1137 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Birmingham City 2022/23 Matchday Thread on 20:12 - Feb 4 by KeithHaynes

I’m here, as ever 😉

not aimed at you Keith you are omnipresent 😃

I'm gutted as much as I have been a critic of our manager I enjoyed that first half a complete move from Martinball and it delivered then 2nd half his ego kicked in....shame.....lets not lose sight This was Brums first winning 9........I'm sorry Martin is not good enough

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024