Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) 14:11 - Feb 5 with 23109 viewstraininvain

Looks like I’m all alone on here today as everyone’s gone to Peterborough!

Strong starting 11 balanced with resting some keys players. I’m happy with the team and pleased to see Willock, Barbet, Field and Adomah rested ahead of Middlesbrough.

[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 14:14]
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:15 - Feb 5 with 2729 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:11 - Feb 5 by paulparker

Austin was awful today and I love the fella , but that was garbage, kicked off in front of me today with people arguing over his performance
The game was done when SJ went off, we had the momentum and took our best player off
Truly baffling

Even though we played a reasonable team (on paper) today it did not matter. The goal is promotion.
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:16 - Feb 5 with 2673 viewsstainrods_elbow

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:10 - Feb 5 by kernowhoop

Chris Willock is a vital part of the system and he was saved for more important things. Undoubtedly annoying for the 4,000 that made the trip, but an understandable decision.

Yes- if you identify more with a management team than our own fans!

Sometimes I do want to give up with people like this following the club!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:17 - Feb 5 with 2712 viewsParkRoyalR

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:11 - Feb 5 by paulparker

Austin was awful today and I love the fella , but that was garbage, kicked off in front of me today with people arguing over his performance
The game was done when SJ went off, we had the momentum and took our best player off
Truly baffling

Yes, up behind Austin fan trouble, to the gentleman in the black baseball hat who put it on that mug in the blue coat abusing older fan, 10 out of 10 to you, too far back to hear him swallow, but certainly dropped his load when someone his own size put it on him.
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:17 - Feb 5 with 2660 viewsstainrods_elbow

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:15 - Feb 5 by StreathamRanger

Totally agree. Willock gets an injury that keeps him out for a few weeks and we'd all be fuming that he was risked. Looking forward to seeing him link up with Chair again on Wednesday.

Speak for yourself - I wouldn't be!

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:19 - Feb 5 with 2672 viewsplasmahoop

I think it would be fair to say, that Peterborough are our bogey side. I didn't go, and it always hurts more when you do, but we picked a good side. I don't think we can complain about sacking off the cup or the like. And we can't blame the current team for our crap record over the last 30 years either. It's disappointing, but let's not panic
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:27 - Feb 5 with 2535 viewsManinBlack

On paper we had a fairly strong team out there and losing twice to a side that has problems defending looks poor. It reminds me of losing to Swindon twice all those years ago so let's hope we won't blow the home game against them too when it arrives.

I appreciate those not being bothered as the league matters more, but losing to them again while Boro get a morale boost of getting past Man Utd is not good preparation for our meeting.
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:30 - Feb 5 with 2502 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:19 - Feb 5 by plasmahoop

I think it would be fair to say, that Peterborough are our bogey side. I didn't go, and it always hurts more when you do, but we picked a good side. I don't think we can complain about sacking off the cup or the like. And we can't blame the current team for our crap record over the last 30 years either. It's disappointing, but let's not panic

We don't have a good record against Peterborough

Austin's body language was poor from the moment he got off the team coach

Everyone needs to lift and fast - we can't dwell on this

U R's
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:32 - Feb 5 with 2475 viewspaulparker

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:17 - Feb 5 by ParkRoyalR

Yes, up behind Austin fan trouble, to the gentleman in the black baseball hat who put it on that mug in the blue coat abusing older fan, 10 out of 10 to you, too far back to hear him swallow, but certainly dropped his load when someone his own size put it on him.

That’s it the prat in the blue coat and his dippy sons giving it to the two old boys
They totally bricked it when the other fella had a go
The loopy fella in the blue coat left his son to nearly get his head punched in

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) ( on 17:34 - Feb 5 with 2427 viewsMalintabuk

Sitting in the back of the car crawling towards the M1 and what can you really say
Should be totally p!shed by that but in all honesty not really, think this sums up the FA now for me anyways, great to win but mehhh
Can't really say a great deal The only thing I would say is..... love this club and how we are run but the 3 loans are a total mystery to me. OK Marshall was needed but another CB and another midfielder...... not sure.
I know that championship forwards are getting as difficult to find as PL ones, but surely there was more of a need for a loan of a forward, and if we could not get one, was the 2 brought in going to be worth it? Guess time will tell on that
So back to today...... our MOTM.... well pick anyone really rather than Chaz.... noone was particularly good.
Will not get to down over this and a win Wednesday will relegate today into the not at all bothered bin .
Felt sorry though for all us going up there..... we will ever learn
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 17:42]
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:37 - Feb 5 with 2380 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:32 - Feb 5 by paulparker

That’s it the prat in the blue coat and his dippy sons giving it to the two old boys

Please God tell me they were not QPR fans
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:38 - Feb 5 with 2375 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Thanks and Kudos to all the Rangers fans that attended. Shame the team let you down.
Today was not good enough.

I went there way back in 1990 when we drew 1-1 and realise Peterborough are a bogey team.

I hope we bounce back against Middlesboro
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:44 - Feb 5 with 2294 viewstraininvain

Positives from today:

1) no injuries to key players;
2) Barbet, Field and Willock well rested for Wednesday;
3) Chair got some minutes under his belt;
4) no extra time;
5) Errr that’s all I’ve got!
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:48 - Feb 5 with 2244 viewskernowhoop

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:32 - Feb 5 by paulparker

Re: the comments by ParkRoyalR and paulparker, clearly something happened that was worth reporting here - a disagreement between our own fans, with a baseball cap being put on someone's head - but I am not entirely sure what it was. I am old, though.
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:48 - Feb 5 with 2240 viewsStreathamRanger

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:44 - Feb 5 by traininvain

Positives from today:

1) no injuries to key players;
2) Barbet, Field and Willock well rested for Wednesday;
3) Chair got some minutes under his belt;
4) no extra time;
5) Errr that’s all I’ve got!

A few minutes for Hendrick. Not the best but maybe blew away a few cobwebs having not played much this year. Will be interesting to see him in a more competitive line up.
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:54 - Feb 5 with 2177 viewsslmrstid

A disappointing and frustrating afternoon but no team will ever play well and win every game so you have to accept sometimes we will lose. Our recent run has been fantastic.

The key thing now is bouncing back Wednesday and not getting into a run of poor results.

Just got on my train back to Leicester - currently chaos at Peterborough station as all trains to Kings Cross currently suspended due to an incident at Stevenage. Given the number of QPR fans travelled by train you can imagine what the station entrance is like! Had to force my way through the crowds to be able to get to my platform and explain to a BTP man that Leicester is not toward London from Peterborough so he'd let me through the gate.

I imagine Clive is safely tucked away in a pub currently drowning his sorrows and its probably a far better place to be than stuck in Peterborough station.

Few skirmishes breaking out in the city centre too on the way back - too much alcohol and too much drugs!
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 18:00 - Feb 5 with 2107 viewspaulparker

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:37 - Feb 5 by CLAREMAN1995

Please God tell me they were not QPR fans

The bloke in the blue coat was an embarrassment
And as for the 4 young lads with him, think of the inbertweeners , the most muggy fans I’ve ever met , they all dropped their loads when the big fella came over to have it ( although he was being held back by a 5ft blonde woman ) hold me back !!!!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 18:30 - Feb 5 with 1925 viewsDiscodroids

The worst thing about the livestream was the perpetual shots of Darren Fergueson jumping from foot to foot on the touchline like an E wing double denim yellow stripe sex case with Vicks vapour rub slavered over his hampton.

imo He should be serving up 1989 Readers Digests and mugs of Mellow Birds with Streaky Jefferies to lifers.

What a shit Game, Thank f uck for ice cold Pilsner in a thin glass. Total Agg.

A Number One.

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 18:34 - Feb 5 with 1903 viewsPunteR

I thought Posh looked more up for it today. We tried to play our game and do a professional job but they looked like they threw everything in the way to prevent us. That includes fouling and time-wasting. To my untrained eye I thought Dykes and Austin looked too crowded out as we tried to pass our way through Posh. Just wasn't our day today.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 18:41 - Feb 5 with 1855 viewsMatch82

Not a good result but a word for our fans who travelled - superb. All you could hear on the comms
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 18:52 - Feb 5 with 1776 viewsstainrods_elbow

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 18:41 - Feb 5 by Match82

Not a good result but a word for our fans who travelled - superb. All you could hear on the comms

This! As I said, the only ones to come out of today's debacle with their heads held high!

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 20:47 - Feb 5 with 1472 viewsLowerloftLad

The Sunderland defeat bothered me, Today I was happier with the Swansea result,We are out let's focus on Wednesday.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 20:50 - Feb 5 with 1455 viewskernowhoop

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:16 - Feb 5 by stainrods_elbow

Yes- if you identify more with a management team than our own fans!

Sometimes I do want to give up with people like this following the club!

I appear to be '...people like this'.
I 'identify' with Queens Park Rangers.
Don't give up!
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 21:03 - Feb 5 with 1383 viewspaulparker

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 20:47 - Feb 5 by LowerloftLad

The Sunderland defeat bothered me, Today I was happier with the Swansea result,We are out let's focus on Wednesday.

Sorry I don’t get this attitude towards the cup
Give it a go ffs you never what might happen , Christ ive probably got 25 years left on this planet and all I want us to do is win a cup and get into Europe , tossing off games because we have Boro in the week doesn’t really get my juices flowing as a fan

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 21:05 - Feb 5 with 1373 viewspaulparker

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 18:34 - Feb 5 by PunteR

I thought Posh looked more up for it today. We tried to play our game and do a professional job but they looked like they threw everything in the way to prevent us. That includes fouling and time-wasting. To my untrained eye I thought Dykes and Austin looked too crowded out as we tried to pass our way through Posh. Just wasn't our day today.

Posh were poor Jody
They couldn’t string two passes together how we lost today is shocking, we handed it to them , they were one of the worst teams I’ve seen in a very long time

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 21:50 - Feb 5 with 2670 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 21:05 - Feb 5 by paulparker

Posh were poor Jody
They couldn’t string two passes together how we lost today is shocking, we handed it to them , they were one of the worst teams I’ve seen in a very long time

I agree mate
Worst team we've played by miles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024