Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) 14:11 - Feb 5 with 23105 viewstraininvain

Looks like I’m all alone on here today as everyone’s gone to Peterborough!

Strong starting 11 balanced with resting some keys players. I’m happy with the team and pleased to see Willock, Barbet, Field and Adomah rested ahead of Middlesbrough.

[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 14:14]
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 16:50 - Feb 5 with 2411 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Not too fussed with the team selection. Tough spot for Warbs… have to introduce the two new players while reintroducing Chair while keeping Wednesday No. 1 priority but also making sure we keep a decent team out there.
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 16:50 - Feb 5 with 2402 viewsBklynRanger

Hasn't helped Thomas's chances either - that 'no look' cross on the floor earlier was gash and he hasn't done much since.
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 16:53 - Feb 5 with 2272 viewsStreathamRanger

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 16:50 - Feb 5 by BklynRanger

Hasn't helped Thomas's chances either - that 'no look' cross on the floor earlier was gash and he hasn't done much since.

No. Subs have all made us a bit worse to be honest.
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 16:53 - Feb 5 with 2239 viewsGloryHunter

Dozzell lucky not to get a red for pulling the guy back on a break. He was the last man.
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 16:53 - Feb 5 with 2238 viewsQPRSteve

I think we have give little service to our strikers this half. They have blocked us down the flanks preventing us getting any crosses.
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 16:54 - Feb 5 with 2203 viewsMick_S

This is painful

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 16:55 - Feb 5 with 2118 viewsstainrods_elbow

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 16:49 - Feb 5 by StreathamRanger

I'm wary of scapegoating, especially someone who has served our club so we'll, but I'm losing patience with Austin. He should be a last 15 minutes man at most. I wonder how much influence he has on Warburton. He's a big personality.

Why is it relevant what Austin's done at the past at QPR - that's just sentiment! He shouldn't be a starter at the bare minimum, but unfortunately we are under-resourced in attacking positions - something that the club failed to address in the transfer window - very oddly given our poor home scoring record pre- Reading.

Today, the management team are definitely complicit in our exit, however, and the supporters have been let down, though I'm sure Warburton will be trying to tell us Posh 'are a very talented side' and 'very good at what they do' as usual to cover his blushes.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 16:57]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 16:56 - Feb 5 with 2101 viewstraininvain

Some of the reaction on here is a bit ott. We’re coming off the back of an unbeaten January. 4th in the league and challenging for promotion. Resting a few keys players ahead of a big game on Wednesday.

Let’s try to keep things in proportion!
Login to get fewer ads

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 16:56 - Feb 5 with 2101 viewsstrikerace

Team selection today and subs show Warbs is more interested in Middlesbrough and Barnsley, which I am ok with as long as we do win.

Strikers were bad. Austin was terrible, worst he's played since coming back. Dykes was invisible, only thing I remember him doing was going down in the box without being touched by the goalie. Lots of chances with zero result.

Not too worried about the rest. We created chances, and didn't have Willock, Fields, and Barbet. Lets get ready to go on Wed!
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 16:58 - Feb 5 with 2014 viewsBklynRanger

Mick George Concrete steamroller Ashville Aggregates
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 16:58 - Feb 5 with 2002 viewsDylanP

Absolute dross. Chance missed

Who cares? Focus on the league

Still feel annoying as hell

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:00 - Feb 5 with 1901 viewssuperhoopdownunder

What a disappointment - 4am here

Our fringe players did not impress and Charlie was crap

I hope we bounce back against Boro

Keep the faith

U R's
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:00 - Feb 5 with 1890 viewsBoston

Dear gawd, that was disappointing!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:00 - Feb 5 with 1874 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 16:49 - Feb 5 by PinnerPaul

We have our best away record in years, SLIGHLTY ott reaction if I might say.

Before today 100/1 to win the cup 3/1 to go up - says it all.

On to weds - big game.

Sorry Pinner Paul - I agree over the top reaction

It's 4am here and I'm annoyed
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:01 - Feb 5 with 1845 viewsWren67

At least we didnt have to play extra time. Roll on Wedn and Boro.
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:01 - Feb 5 with 1837 viewsStreathamRanger

Normal Back 3, Adomah and Wallace as wingbacks, Field and Johansen or Amos, Willock and Chair behind Dykes and we'll be much better on Wednesday. We'd bloody better be!
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:02 - Feb 5 with 1810 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
Posh 2, QPR 0;
OK - it's back to the day job.
But so so disappointing.
Charlie - off the pace - again.
And yes I've got great admiration for him - his first spell with us and also last season.
But something is wrong. His form has dipped remarkably.
We had no cutting edge against a relegation-threatened side.
Yes we had huge possession (72%) with our best chances - Chair hitting the bar from a free-kick in the second half and a 30 yard cracker also from Chair in the first - well saved by the keeper.
But the Posh tactics were spot on.
Defend as if your lives depend on it and strike on the break.
And that's what they did - a goal in either half from Ward (after a ping-pong scramble in the box) and another from the 19 year old Jones from an acute angle.
So no revenge then for our defeat at London Road last October.
No joyous present for the amazing 4000 very supportive travelling Rangers fans.
No big financial boost if we had reached Round 5.
And our winning momentum ended (apart from that draw H. to Swansea).
However let's look at the bright side.
Our best players - Field, Willock and Barbet - well rested.
Chair had 60 minutes on his return from the AFCON, and Wallace should be ok after just 45 minutes on the pitch.
And Jojo too had just 60 minutes.
So the dream of playing at Wembley now remains for the play-offs - unless of course we finish in the automatic top two for promotion.
Our Championship hopes resume at home on Wednesday.
So looking ahead - let's remain positive - here are the facts all rolled up in one go.
Six Championship matches to come in 18 days.
Wed Feb 9 H. Middlesbrough
Sat Feb 12 A. Barnsley
Tue Feb 15 A. Millwall
Sat Feb 19 H. Hull
Wed Feb 23 H. Blackpool
Sat Feb 26 A. Blackburn
Fourteen points from those six games would do us proud.
Not improbable that we can win all three home matches, win at Barnsley and draw at both Millwall and Blackburn.
To keep an unbeaten Championship record in February, having not lost during January, would be unbelievable.
We’ve got to keep dreaming especially during this unbelievable season.
We go into the home match against Middlesbrough on an amazing streak.
Last 6 Championship matches — Won 5, Drawn 1
Last 13 Championship matches — Won 9, Drawn 2, Lost 2.
We’re fourth — 2 points behind second placed Blackburn with now 2 games in hand after Blackburn's loss at Swansea this evening (midnight edit) and a point behind third placed Bournemouth.
And we’re six points clear of 7th placed Middlesbrough.
Let's look forward to Chair, Willock and Wallace playing those wonderful triangles that we've missed during the AFCON.
So ok we're out of the FA Cup - but let's dream on about promotion.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 3:08]
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:05 - Feb 5 with 1753 viewsstrikerace

Need to beat Middlesbrough. Glad they went to extra time versus ManU, ear them out a little. Big string of matches coming up. Win more of those and this is a memory
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:10 - Feb 5 with 1627 viewskernowhoop

Chris Willock is a vital part of the system and he was saved for more important things. Undoubtedly annoying for the 4,000 that made the trip, but an understandable decision.
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:11 - Feb 5 with 1610 viewspaulparker

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 16:55 - Feb 5 by stainrods_elbow

Why is it relevant what Austin's done at the past at QPR - that's just sentiment! He shouldn't be a starter at the bare minimum, but unfortunately we are under-resourced in attacking positions - something that the club failed to address in the transfer window - very oddly given our poor home scoring record pre- Reading.

Today, the management team are definitely complicit in our exit, however, and the supporters have been let down, though I'm sure Warburton will be trying to tell us Posh 'are a very talented side' and 'very good at what they do' as usual to cover his blushes.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 16:57]

Austin was awful today and I love the fella , but that was garbage, kicked off in front of me today with people arguing over his performance
The game was done when SJ went off, we had the momentum and took our best player off
Truly baffling

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:13 - Feb 5 with 1558 viewsGreenbay

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 16:56 - Feb 5 by traininvain

Some of the reaction on here is a bit ott. We’re coming off the back of an unbeaten January. 4th in the league and challenging for promotion. Resting a few keys players ahead of a big game on Wednesday.

Let’s try to keep things in proportion!

Spot on traininvain.
We're having a wonderful season.
Why stick the knives in?
We can't win every match.
And if we are going to lose - then for me lose in the FA Cup - however disappointing for all of us especially those 4000 fans at London Road.
Promotion - or at least the play-offs - will be sensational.
Some people have short memories.
13 months ago we were heading for relegation.
What a turnaround.
Take this defeat and let's beat Middlesbrough on Wednesday.
That's the match that really counts.
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:13 - Feb 5 with 1550 viewsstainrods_elbow

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 16:56 - Feb 5 by strikerace

Team selection today and subs show Warbs is more interested in Middlesbrough and Barnsley, which I am ok with as long as we do win.

Strikers were bad. Austin was terrible, worst he's played since coming back. Dykes was invisible, only thing I remember him doing was going down in the box without being touched by the goalie. Lots of chances with zero result.

Not too worried about the rest. We created chances, and didn't have Willock, Fields, and Barbet. Lets get ready to go on Wed!

And there's the rub - ladies and gentlemen - IF we win! Which we may well not. Obviously.

As long as we have fans who are willing to write off FA Cup games by colluding with dodgy management calculations that pulling the likes of Johansen and Chair (who's already had more than a months' holiday at the AFCON), shoe-horning in loans and treating the game as a glorified practice match legitimately service fantasies about league matches that may go one way or another, pro football remains, in large part, a cynical farce, my blood pressure takes another hit and the large contingent who travelled today gets shafted - the last of which I I'm guessing the poster is 'OK with' as well, to his complacent shame. Welcome to the distasteful world of 'managing expectations' (downwards).

Tonight, Warburton, Austin, and a large number of Rs need a massive kick up the arse, but, really, it just makes me and others less likely to bother - only us mugs (sorry, fans) come out with any credit! I'm sure others will be coming out of the woodwork to tell me I'm 'romantic' (for asking for integrity), not living in the real world, and all that crap. In which dreary eventuality, the usual suspects can go f*ck themselves.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:14 - Feb 5 with 1547 viewsknocker

Hopefully Gray will be back at least on bench for Wednesday.
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:14 - Feb 5 with 1544 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:05 - Feb 5 by strikerace

Need to beat Middlesbrough. Glad they went to extra time versus ManU, ear them out a little. Big string of matches coming up. Win more of those and this is a memory

They are a good team and are very well coached so it will be a battle.Nothing like taking down Man Utd at the theater of dreams to build their confidence ,then the added bonus of doing it with penalties in front of their fans in the Stratford end .
QPR know their weakness and Joe is liable to fcuk up like yesterday so I expect a big bounce back win.
Today was horsesiht though we should have dumped those dirty players out
Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:15 - Feb 5 with 2732 viewsStreathamRanger

Will the last one out the door turn off the lights (Peterborough match thread) on 17:10 - Feb 5 by kernowhoop

Chris Willock is a vital part of the system and he was saved for more important things. Undoubtedly annoying for the 4,000 that made the trip, but an understandable decision.

Totally agree. Willock gets an injury that keeps him out for a few weeks and we'd all be fuming that he was risked. Looking forward to seeing him link up with Chair again on Wednesday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024