Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
cargiant say no way! 22:56 - Mar 10 with 28870 viewsconnell10

Email put out by cargiant to rangers fans who went to the fans meeting, saying that they will never let rangers build a new stadium on their land. Maybe anyone who received said email can post it up here.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

cargiant say no way! on 10:56 - Mar 11 with 2339 viewsPinnerPaul

cargiant say no way! on 10:37 - Mar 11 by Addinall

Car Giant own 46 acres of a total 383 acres comprising the development site.Approximately 12%

Thanks, that's what i was wondering.

Car Giant don't mention that in the email strangely enough!
cargiant say no way! on 10:58 - Mar 11 with 2339 viewsPhildo

It is a political fight now. Car giant are unlikely to allow a stadium if left alone. The CPO option is not on because they are moving and resourcing a redevelopment etc. Therefore the only impediment is what they can get planning for. They do not want to be told that they need to add a stadium to the scheme/masterplan.

The clubs strategy is to try and make it politically difficult to allow the planning regeneration without a stadium being part of that.

There is a lot of money to be made and there is an argument about how much and how the spoils are shared or which billionaire they go to. A fair few twists to go yet.
cargiant say no way! on 11:12 - Mar 11 with 2303 viewsDWQPR

With there being 363 acres available and CarGiant own only 46 of these acres the obvious thing is that it shouldn't matter to CarGiant about whether QPR want to build on their land as they can be recompensed with other bits of the 363 acres to build their houses and cultural quarter. Fact is it seems that the owner of CarGiant does not want QPR anywhere near OOC at any costs as he has the hump with Fernandes. I suspect that the chances are his wants will not be granted and if indeed the OPRC decide that they want a stadium as part of the development and strategically the best place for this stadium is in land currently occupied by CarGiant then they will tell them so, make the decision for CarGiant and grant them an alternative parcel of land.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

cargiant say no way! on 11:15 - Mar 11 with 2298 viewsJuzzie

"The reason is quite simple. A stadium would be completely the wrong use for our land. Our site is critical to the success of Old Oak Common and a stadium requires an enormous amount of land which would hugely reduce its ability to deliver new homes, jobs and other uses such as a cultural quarter......"

Translates to "This reason is simple. we can make a sh*t load more money for our land".
cargiant say no way! on 11:24 - Mar 11 with 2274 viewsadhoc_qpr

cargiant say no way! on 11:15 - Mar 11 by Juzzie

"The reason is quite simple. A stadium would be completely the wrong use for our land. Our site is critical to the success of Old Oak Common and a stadium requires an enormous amount of land which would hugely reduce its ability to deliver new homes, jobs and other uses such as a cultural quarter......"

Translates to "This reason is simple. we can make a sh*t load more money for our land".

Exactly, a stadium is clearly of no cultural significance
cargiant say no way! on 11:28 - Mar 11 with 2264 viewsNorthernr

We got the email too, didn't publish it because it's not for us to do Car Giant's bidding for them as a QPR site!

Personally I don't want to move grounds, for small minded personal reasons. I can certainly see why Loftus Road is increasingly unsuitable moving forwards, but personally can't see us moving out of there in my lifetime and worry that this pie in the sky stadium talk is distracting them away from keeping the ground we do have properly maintained and updated as best we can.

I also think QPR went about this badly to start with. Fernandes should have gone down to Car Giant to start with and met them himself. Instead, maybe Beard's fault, they sent a bloke called Anthony Spencer down there who basically told them we'd be building there whether they liked it or not, they could either work with us or against us, stadium would definitely happen, he'd been involved with the Arsenal ground and that happened so it's just tough luck. Got their backs up.

That said, I didn't like the letter one bit. "not an appropriate use of our land" means "won't make us enough money". "We will not speak to QPR or entertain this idea" but they will entertain the idea of some weird Science Museum offshoot for the "cultural quarter"? That just seems petty.

And if it's as cut and dried as they make out, why do they care what QPR are saying? Why do they care what we think about it? It's your land, not ours, you're developing it, not us, fantastic, why do you care what we think and say about it? If I started talking about knocking the house next door to me down so I could build me a nice swimming pool I'm not sure the neighbours would pay much attention.
cargiant say no way! on 11:31 - Mar 11 with 2252 viewsPinnerPaul

I've sent an email to that address asking how the fact that they do NOT own 88% of the land ties in with their assertions in that email.

I'll let you know if I get a reply.
cargiant say no way! on 11:33 - Mar 11 with 2246 viewsBostonR

cargiant say no way! on 08:43 - Mar 11 by danehoop

As I recall Car Gimps owner is a successful property developer and by definition is pretty good at this sort of thing.

Car Gimp own some of the land in the area (not all that they want/need though).

They have been pretty consistent in their position.

Sponsoring of QPR was also a very clear business decision to help market their primarily West London based business to the demographic who live in the catchment area.

They have no significant emotional attachment to the club.

QPR's original approach to this exercise perhaps doesn't appear to have been as good as it should have been.

BUT

Since Lee Hoos has arrived there seems to have been a different approach being taken by QPR.

They have notably refrained from stupid public statements in the past year - a point that Hoos made clear at the fan forum.

They have hired in an extremely credible group of professionals to take things forward and removed those who have proven to be less effective (i.e. Beard).

They have quietly acquired property and property options.

They have been much more cautious in what has been out there. The elements released by Hoos at the fans forum was hardly ground breaking or contentious.

However, Gar Gimp's unsolicited email to fans looks to me a little like a belated attempt to market their scheme and their position more widely than they have for a while. They certainly don't have massive public support for their scheme and there isnt, despite their attestions, any measurable evidence of much going back into the community in terms of wide benefits beyond housing development.

This looks to be nothing more than a reassertion of their previous position. Whilst many dont trust TF, with good reason. Equally, how much weight should give to the utterings of the PR firm from a second hand car dealer? If you belive their rather unimaginative marketing campaign on the radio"It's where London buys its cars." This statement isn't fact, its not even an opinion just a hopeful marketing ploy to draw in the gullible. In fact Londoners buy their cars from a huge range of options and sources from both inside the capital and elsewhere. Gar Gimp is an option and is a significant player in the second hand car market - but isn't the only option (and probably a less popular one for QPR fans now).

The same is true of OOC. Whilst it holds a significant chunk of land in the area, it doesn't guarantee a monoply on choice or options for the development. Like second cars, the choice on what to purchase will be decided by what is the best option for the customer on whole of the market.

Good synopsis.

One important thing to be aware of in matters like these is who has the "real" money. CarGiant sell cars and may dabble in in some form of property development, albeit minor.

Having been in the property/investment industry for over 30yrs it comes down to politics, planning and money. The group who own QPR have far deeper pockets than the local car dealer in West London.

The email comes over as a bit desperate and why would you show your position publicly? This will be interesting to watch over the next few years.
Login to get fewer ads

cargiant say no way! on 11:42 - Mar 11 with 2218 viewspaulparker

I know we can't build on ER or the Loft end , but surely we could demolish the SAR and rebuild it into a 3 & a bit tiers like chelseas did in the 80's , thus giving us another 7or 8 thousand seats which is all we need really
we could ground share with Fulham, or Brentford whilst this is happening

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

cargiant say no way! on 11:49 - Mar 11 with 2200 viewsdaveB

cargiant say no way! on 11:42 - Mar 11 by paulparker

I know we can't build on ER or the Loft end , but surely we could demolish the SAR and rebuild it into a 3 & a bit tiers like chelseas did in the 80's , thus giving us another 7or 8 thousand seats which is all we need really
we could ground share with Fulham, or Brentford whilst this is happening

It's not about number of seats they want more corporate boxes which they can't fit into any re build of Loftus Road. How many seats for the paying punters is irrelevant compared to that which is why they want the new stadium
cargiant say no way! on 11:53 - Mar 11 with 2194 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

cargiant say no way! on 08:15 - Mar 11 by paulparker

I really can't believe what im about to say but here goes

I agree with everything you have written there Baz

right im going for a lie down

It's like a lunar eclipse, rare but beautiful. And a little scary.
cargiant say no way! on 11:55 - Mar 11 with 2183 viewsdaveB

cargiant say no way! on 10:40 - Mar 11 by johncharles

So Boris or whoever is in charge by then will award the development of the centrepiece of this huge project to a second hand car dealership ?
Dream on Arthur Daley Motors.

The 2nd hand car thing is a smokescreen, it's more about Old Oak Park London which is the development group looking to build where Car Giant is now. They are using Chris Mendes and Car Giant to push their agenda as the fans and locals will be a lot more sympathetic to a local car dealer against some rich foreign businessmen but really when this all happens Car Giant won't be based in Old oak anymore.
cargiant say no way! on 11:55 - Mar 11 with 2183 viewspaulparker

cargiant say no way! on 11:49 - Mar 11 by daveB

It's not about number of seats they want more corporate boxes which they can't fit into any re build of Loftus Road. How many seats for the paying punters is irrelevant compared to that which is why they want the new stadium

then do what Chelsea have done with the West Stand and double the boxes if that's what they are after , either way I don't see why we cannot demolish SAR and rebuild it,
IMHO TF is only here for OOC and nothing else matters than that site

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

cargiant say no way! on 11:57 - Mar 11 with 2177 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

cargiant say no way! on 09:00 - Mar 11 by JonDoeman

So you accept a move is inevitable , but the local option can fck off ? You're right you are backward!

Not what i'm saying.

I don't want any move at all.

So anything that keeps me at LR longer is good.

When you walk down the main Old Oak Common High Street past the Starbucks, Nandos, and Prets, surrounded by accountants and tourists from Birmingham, how local will you feel?
cargiant say no way! on 12:00 - Mar 11 with 2160 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

cargiant say no way! on 10:31 - Mar 11 by DeepcutHoop

How is that in any way a better outcome?

We used to dread a stadium way down the M4 didn't we?

It's not a better outcome. Where did I say that?
cargiant say no way! on 12:11 - Mar 11 with 2124 viewsOldPedro

And now on the QPR website, they are asking for fans to support the QPR plans

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-new-stadium-support-form-3000872.aspx

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

cargiant say no way! on 12:17 - Mar 11 with 2108 viewsdaveB

cargiant say no way! on 11:55 - Mar 11 by paulparker

then do what Chelsea have done with the West Stand and double the boxes if that's what they are after , either way I don't see why we cannot demolish SAR and rebuild it,
IMHO TF is only here for OOC and nothing else matters than that site

I think it would be difficult to do it at Loftus Road, not impossible though and do agree with you he is only here for Old Oak
cargiant say no way! on 12:18 - Mar 11 with 2107 viewslondonscottish

cargiant say no way! on 12:11 - Mar 11 by OldPedro

Thanks. Done.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

cargiant say no way! on 12:21 - Mar 11 with 2094 viewsBrightonhoop

cargiant say no way! on 10:40 - Mar 11 by johncharles

So Boris or whoever is in charge by then will award the development of the centrepiece of this huge project to a second hand car dealership ?
Dream on Arthur Daley Motors.

Exactly. Car Giant have come across as bitter and greedy from the outset. If London is relying on Arthur Daley for cultural centres, without even outlining what that might be ( I have a small patch where I shovell the dog shyte and might call it a cultural centre and apply for EU funding....) then London is fcked.

Equally, the idea that CG with just 12% of the land under the plans can stand in the way smacks ripe for CPO. Mittals clout cannot be under-estimated.

The letter smacks of desperation, and yes the Stadium would reduce the number of housing units they hope to cash in on. If we have bought the main access land then CG are fcked.
cargiant say no way! on 12:28 - Mar 11 with 2076 viewsizlingtonhoop

cargiant say no way! on 09:35 - Mar 11 by TheBlob

Yup.I was going to have my ashes scattered on the school end penalty area on the assumption I'm unlikely to be disturbed much,but may have to revise that.

A bit of psychological warfare going on here.It's a bit rich that sanctimony is dripping from purveyors of dodgy second hand motors.

You forget Blob there's always another team involved, who may churn you up a bit. Have them put in the CD case for Hi Ho Silver lining, that hasn't been disturbed much lately.

On the email - it's been said by many, but the lady doth protest to much, methinks. Lawsons did all this with the Emirates, and as soon as they got the deal they wanted they were offski!

And as for 'small minded reasons' for not wanting to move - count me in!
cargiant say no way! on 12:28 - Mar 11 with 2078 viewsdanehoop

cargiant say no way! on 12:21 - Mar 11 by Brightonhoop

Exactly. Car Giant have come across as bitter and greedy from the outset. If London is relying on Arthur Daley for cultural centres, without even outlining what that might be ( I have a small patch where I shovell the dog shyte and might call it a cultural centre and apply for EU funding....) then London is fcked.

Equally, the idea that CG with just 12% of the land under the plans can stand in the way smacks ripe for CPO. Mittals clout cannot be under-estimated.

The letter smacks of desperation, and yes the Stadium would reduce the number of housing units they hope to cash in on. If we have bought the main access land then CG are fcked.

I suspect your last paragraph is near the nub of the issue

Never knowingly understood

cargiant say no way! on 12:30 - Mar 11 with 2070 viewsQPR_Jim

This is what they spoke of a couple of weeks ago, they said that our support dwarfs opposition and strengthens their position.

Then Car Giant release this email the day before to try and get us to think it's not worth fighting. They must be worried.
cargiant say no way! on 12:32 - Mar 11 with 2062 viewsBrightonhoop

cargiant say no way! on 12:28 - Mar 11 by danehoop

I suspect your last paragraph is near the nub of the issue

No expertise, but that is how it scans. If we have the route in under control then CG will have to potentially parachute customers in. And good luck to customers getting there second hand cars out! lol
cargiant say no way! on 12:39 - Mar 11 with 2035 viewsizlingtonhoop

Hmmm, that just seems to be more giving people your details for emails you don't want.

I did it anyway, despite my above mentioned small minded reasons...
cargiant say no way! on 12:44 - Mar 11 with 2019 viewsLongsufferingR

cargiant say no way! on 12:39 - Mar 11 by izlingtonhoop

Hmmm, that just seems to be more giving people your details for emails you don't want.

I did it anyway, despite my above mentioned small minded reasons...

Me too. If I get a CarGiant Summer Specials brochure through, I won't be pleased.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024