Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
cargiant say no way! 22:56 - Mar 10 with 28871 viewsconnell10

Email put out by cargiant to rangers fans who went to the fans meeting, saying that they will never let rangers build a new stadium on their land. Maybe anyone who received said email can post it up here.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

cargiant say no way! on 08:14 - Mar 11 with 3537 viewskingsburyR

Cant we just knock down White City Estate and be done with it??????

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

cargiant say no way! on 08:15 - Mar 11 with 3536 viewspaulparker

cargiant say no way! on 23:40 - Mar 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Personally, because I'm a backwards sentimental type, this is great news.

The AirAsia West London Stadium can fvck off and I'll continue to dodge the pigeon shite and leaky roof for a while longer until we inevitably get moved to the M4 near Slough.

I really can't believe what im about to say but here goes

I agree with everything you have written there Baz

right im going for a lie down

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

cargiant say no way! on 08:20 - Mar 11 with 3531 viewskingo

So let me get this right, Mr Mendes is emailing QPR fans to advise them that a stadium complex is just too big to put in Old Oak as it won't allow enough housing, which incidentally he will earn more money out of. But as a token gesture he will throw in something of interest to London as a whole, and which takes up far less money earning housing land, and he is looking for support so he can line his pockets even deeper. Greedy, bitter man
[Post edited 11 Mar 2016 8:23]

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

cargiant say no way! on 08:29 - Mar 11 with 3506 viewsBasingstokeR

It's the targeting QPR fans bit I don't think is great. Reverse it and I would think it unacceptable if the club had been finding and individually emailing CarGiant customers with content that CarGiant wouldn't be happy with.

Much of the CarGiant "PR" I've read so far (especially when including anti-QPR sentiment) has been pretty badly worded imho.

Sneering at CarGiant is fine, no-one has acted completely professionally here the way I see it! Isn't this often the case in a lot of huge money property situations.
cargiant say no way! on 08:39 - Mar 11 with 3476 viewskingo

cargiant say no way! on 08:29 - Mar 11 by BasingstokeR

It's the targeting QPR fans bit I don't think is great. Reverse it and I would think it unacceptable if the club had been finding and individually emailing CarGiant customers with content that CarGiant wouldn't be happy with.

Much of the CarGiant "PR" I've read so far (especially when including anti-QPR sentiment) has been pretty badly worded imho.

Sneering at CarGiant is fine, no-one has acted completely professionally here the way I see it! Isn't this often the case in a lot of huge money property situations.

Plus his comments about a largely redundant football ground are ill thought out, as a modern day stadium usually includes hotel and conferencing facilities, which are much needed near a major transport hub.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

cargiant say no way! on 08:42 - Mar 11 with 3463 viewsDejR_vu

Cargiant appear to hold all the aces. The club has talked a lot about improvements to infrastructure ever since the beginning of the billionaire years, but delivered absolutely nothing so far. It's too early to know how this will play out ultimately, but, against that backdrop, why would anyone back the club's version of events? I hope, for the sake of the long-term future of the club, that it happens, but I won't be holding my breath.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

cargiant say no way! on 08:42 - Mar 11 with 3463 viewspaesanu

I'm new at this so can someone explain.

Are Car Giant the bad guys because QPR announced they want their land?

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

cargiant say no way! on 08:43 - Mar 11 with 3460 viewsdanehoop

cargiant say no way! on 07:46 - Mar 11 by NW5Hoop

Pretty amazed that people are sneering at Car Giant.
1. It's their land. They've made their position plain repeatedly. They have asked the club to stop talking about developing their land.
2. The club just ignore them, and carry on prattling on about the new stadium being planned for someone else's land.
3. After months and months of this, Car Giant put out a long statement detailing the exact situation, reaffirming their absolutely consistent position and detailing the reasoning behind it, and people think they're the ones behaving badly?

Come on, with both the stadium and the training ground, QPR have consistently operated a policy of announcing first, then seeing if it's possible later. It hasn't worked with the training ground; it doesn't look like it's going to work with the stadium.

To be honest, if these people announced they were going to build a garden shed, the first thing I'd do would be to check whose garden they planned to put it up in.

As I recall Car Gimps owner is a successful property developer and by definition is pretty good at this sort of thing.

Car Gimp own some of the land in the area (not all that they want/need though).

They have been pretty consistent in their position.

Sponsoring of QPR was also a very clear business decision to help market their primarily West London based business to the demographic who live in the catchment area.

They have no significant emotional attachment to the club.

QPR's original approach to this exercise perhaps doesn't appear to have been as good as it should have been.

BUT

Since Lee Hoos has arrived there seems to have been a different approach being taken by QPR.

They have notably refrained from stupid public statements in the past year - a point that Hoos made clear at the fan forum.

They have hired in an extremely credible group of professionals to take things forward and removed those who have proven to be less effective (i.e. Beard).

They have quietly acquired property and property options.

They have been much more cautious in what has been out there. The elements released by Hoos at the fans forum was hardly ground breaking or contentious.

However, Gar Gimp's unsolicited email to fans looks to me a little like a belated attempt to market their scheme and their position more widely than they have for a while. They certainly don't have massive public support for their scheme and there isnt, despite their attestions, any measurable evidence of much going back into the community in terms of wide benefits beyond housing development.

This looks to be nothing more than a reassertion of their previous position. Whilst many dont trust TF, with good reason. Equally, how much weight should give to the utterings of the PR firm from a second hand car dealer? If you belive their rather unimaginative marketing campaign on the radio"It's where London buys its cars." This statement isn't fact, its not even an opinion just a hopeful marketing ploy to draw in the gullible. In fact Londoners buy their cars from a huge range of options and sources from both inside the capital and elsewhere. Gar Gimp is an option and is a significant player in the second hand car market - but isn't the only option (and probably a less popular one for QPR fans now).

The same is true of OOC. Whilst it holds a significant chunk of land in the area, it doesn't guarantee a monoply on choice or options for the development. Like second cars, the choice on what to purchase will be decided by what is the best option for the customer on whole of the market.

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

cargiant say no way! on 09:00 - Mar 11 with 3410 viewsJonDoeman

The AirAsia West London Stadium can fvck off and I'll continue to dodge the pigeon shite and leaky roof for a while longer until we inevitably get moved to the M4 near Slough.

So you accept a move is inevitable , but the local option can fck off ? You're right you are backward!

It Is What It Is !!

cargiant say no way! on 09:09 - Mar 11 with 3387 viewsDWQPR

About time that George Osborne decided to stick VAT on the sale of second hand cars through dealerships. Raise a few extra quid in revenue and would hit the likes of CarGiant in the pocket massively. Personally cannot understand how CarGiant has got hold of the email addresses of QPR supporters for a start. And to be frank if it wasn't for the original announcement by the club back in 2013 that they were looking to build a new stadium at OOC then CarGiant would still be merrily going along their way in terms of selling second hand cars with no thought of redeveloping their site. If I remember correctly CarGiant's original stance was that they were not going to move anywhere until they were provided with a suitably alternative site. Once they realised the financial benefits of what QPR were proposing in not only building a ground but also being the major catalyst in redeveloping a large portion of west London their position changed completely.

I still believe that Mittal has huge influence with regards to the people who will make the decisions, given his contributions to the Olympic Park and other such things as Great Ormond Street. CarGiant's approach to me does smack of some kind of desperation in a very public war.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

cargiant say no way! on 09:21 - Mar 11 with 3355 viewsTheBlob

Sounds like Mendes and his pals have got the wind up.Mentioning CPO?It worked at the Emirates didn't it?Outline planning permission or anything that hints at it?Lots of mileage in this.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

cargiant say no way! on 09:26 - Mar 11 with 3336 viewswombat

cargiant say no way! on 09:21 - Mar 11 by TheBlob

Sounds like Mendes and his pals have got the wind up.Mentioning CPO?It worked at the Emirates didn't it?Outline planning permission or anything that hints at it?Lots of mileage in this.

didnt the club in its last statement sort of imply we had already purchased properties on the estate? , so this could in theory block any large development for car giant in the same way the car giant site blocks our plans . by the time this stadium is built ill be sitting at home being fed through a tube and not caring to hoots about it to be honest

and im only 17 years old now

Poll: which is your favouite foot

cargiant say no way! on 09:34 - Mar 11 with 3310 viewsDejR_vu

cargiant say no way! on 09:26 - Mar 11 by wombat

didnt the club in its last statement sort of imply we had already purchased properties on the estate? , so this could in theory block any large development for car giant in the same way the car giant site blocks our plans . by the time this stadium is built ill be sitting at home being fed through a tube and not caring to hoots about it to be honest

Purchasing pockets of land, unless substantial, looks like a bit of a PR stunt. Surely the CPO route is there to prevent small landowners standing in the way of big developments. So it's more likely to be the club that's subject to a CPO than Cargiant I would have thought.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2016 9:35]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

cargiant say no way! on 09:35 - Mar 11 with 3307 viewsTheBlob

Yup.I was going to have my ashes scattered on the school end penalty area on the assumption I'm unlikely to be disturbed much,but may have to revise that.

A bit of psychological warfare going on here.It's a bit rich that sanctimony is dripping from purveyors of dodgy second hand motors.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

cargiant say no way! on 09:38 - Mar 11 with 3295 viewsdaveB

1. It's their land. They've made their position plain repeatedly. They have asked the club to stop talking about developing their land.
2. The club just ignore them, and carry on prattling on about the new stadium being planned for someone else's land.
3. After months and months of this, Car Giant put out a long statement detailing the exact situation, reaffirming their absolutely consistent position and detailing the reasoning behind it, and people think they're the ones behaving badly?

Come on, with both the stadium and the training ground, QPR have consistently operated a policy of announcing first, then seeing if it's possible later. It hasn't worked with the training ground; it doesn't look like it's going to work with the stadium.

To be honest, if these people announced they were going to build a garden shed, the first thing I'd do would be to check whose garden they planned to put it up in.

Any developer can talk about that land and what they want to do as part of the planning process. QPR have done nothing wrong apart from be a rival to Car giant who know we are a threat toi them making an absolute fortune.

Car Giant and QPR are just public faces anyway of two very rich developers who are after the biggest development in London for decades
cargiant say no way! on 09:38 - Mar 11 with 2991 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Yes thats what I took from the latest noises - "land has been bought, we can be a pain in the arse too, you know". type thing
cargiant say no way! on 09:42 - Mar 11 with 2985 viewsstevec

''Developing a masterplan..'' What is this, a fckin Bond film?
cargiant say no way! on 09:44 - Mar 11 with 2983 viewsbaz_qpr

Yeah but its our land too. We've been quietly buying up strategically located key property (Don't know if its true but someone told me we had bought the main access area to CG's development so they have to deal with us.

I think Car Giant are rattled, and that's how that letter comes across.

Re point 1

"1. It's their land. They've made their position plain repeatedly. They have asked the club to stop talking about developing their land."

That is total nonsense just because they own a portion of the site they dont get automatic right to develop the whole thing, its not the property development lottery and they've won the jackpot. This is a large strategic political development which the authorities have invited groups to submit plans, whether CG like it or not it includes their land and others, and will be bought by compulsory purchase if they are not involved.

This "right" they assert is pure spin, and you've fallen for that hook line and sinker
[Post edited 11 Mar 2016 9:45]
cargiant say no way! on 09:53 - Mar 11 with 2954 viewsadhoc_qpr

cargiant say no way! on 09:44 - Mar 11 by baz_qpr

Yeah but its our land too. We've been quietly buying up strategically located key property (Don't know if its true but someone told me we had bought the main access area to CG's development so they have to deal with us.

I think Car Giant are rattled, and that's how that letter comes across.

Re point 1

"1. It's their land. They've made their position plain repeatedly. They have asked the club to stop talking about developing their land."

That is total nonsense just because they own a portion of the site they dont get automatic right to develop the whole thing, its not the property development lottery and they've won the jackpot. This is a large strategic political development which the authorities have invited groups to submit plans, whether CG like it or not it includes their land and others, and will be bought by compulsory purchase if they are not involved.

This "right" they assert is pure spin, and you've fallen for that hook line and sinker
[Post edited 11 Mar 2016 9:45]

No idea of the ins and outs legally speaking etc, but it's a bit rich of Cargiant to claim a modern multi-purpose stadium which can host sports events, concerts etc etc plus offer hotel and conference facilities wouldn't be considered more of a draw than a 'cultural centre'.

I'm struggling to believe the club owners could be as naive as that email makes them out to be - they are football stupid but this is much more in their wheelhouse and they are all successful businessmen (allegedly).
[Post edited 11 Mar 2016 10:39]
cargiant say no way! on 10:08 - Mar 11 with 2927 viewssimmo

I'm disappointed that this wasn't read out on the QPR podcast

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

cargiant say no way! on 10:25 - Mar 11 with 2890 viewsthame_hoops

cargiant say no way! on 10:08 - Mar 11 by simmo

I'm disappointed that this wasn't read out on the QPR podcast

[Post edited 11 Mar 2016 10:26]
cargiant say no way! on 10:31 - Mar 11 with 2875 viewsDeepcutHoop

How is that in any way a better outcome?

We used to dread a stadium way down the M4 didn't we?
cargiant say no way! on 10:37 - Mar 11 with 2859 viewsAddinall

cargiant say no way! on 09:38 - Mar 11 by daveB

Any developer can talk about that land and what they want to do as part of the planning process. QPR have done nothing wrong apart from be a rival to Car giant who know we are a threat toi them making an absolute fortune.

Car Giant and QPR are just public faces anyway of two very rich developers who are after the biggest development in London for decades

Car Giant own 46 acres of a total 383 acres comprising the development site.Approximately 12%
cargiant say no way! on 10:40 - Mar 11 with 2835 viewsjohncharles

So Boris or whoever is in charge by then will award the development of the centrepiece of this huge project to a second hand car dealership ?
Dream on Arthur Daley Motors.

Strong and stable my arse.

cargiant say no way! on 10:54 - Mar 11 with 2800 viewsadhoc_qpr

cargiant say no way! on 10:40 - Mar 11 by johncharles

So Boris or whoever is in charge by then will award the development of the centrepiece of this huge project to a second hand car dealership ?
Dream on Arthur Daley Motors.

So although they own the land, their redevelopment plan is only one of several on the table.

It sounds like we are willing to work with them (include our stadium within their redevelopment plan) but they are categorically unwilling to do that (less houses, less money i guess).

I struggle to believe a second hand car sales company will have the final say in what happens to a major London regeneration project.

It does sounds incredibly complex though, i can't believe it will be resolved anytime soon and it sounds like we have some chance but no more than that...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024