Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread 20:51 - Mar 3 with 24033 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 14:29]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 19:55 - Mar 7 with 2414 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:23 - Mar 7 by icecoldjack

Fook, my bad ! Cooper ! I mean how can you mix those two, chalk and cheese in terms of football .

That was a real f*ck up mate...one that will come back and haunt you.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Threadope on 20:02 - Mar 7 with 2385 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Threadope on 19:44 - Mar 7 by 1964white

It is a poor league Monmouth, how Forest & Bristol City are up there god only knows!

What did you think of West Brom today?

Ordinary.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 20:12 - Mar 7 with 2347 viewsChief

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:32 - Mar 7 by LeonWasGod

Honourable mention to the WBA fans for being the most facking useless bunch of supporters we’ve had down here this season. They started ok, but considering their numbers they were pretty poor. Bunch of statues second half.

In fairness to the East, I think we outsung them and countered them throughout despite their large numbers and buoyant mood.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 20:16 - Mar 7 with 2325 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 20:12 - Mar 7 by Chief

In fairness to the East, I think we outsung them and countered them throughout despite their large numbers and buoyant mood.

The stream I watched was notable for the piss being taken out of the baggies fans

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 20:18 - Mar 7 with 2317 viewsChief

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 20:16 - Mar 7 by monmouth

The stream I watched was notable for the piss being taken out of the baggies fans

Yea a big away crowd and notably one which extends over to the East always adds to the atmosphere.
Even with small followings they should be squeezed over towards the East. Would improve the atmosphere all round.

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 20:23 - Mar 7 with 2301 viewsChief

Last kick of the game was out free kick.

Instead of putting it wife towards Bidwell, why didn't we just put it in the mixer? Probably no time for a counter.

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Threadope on 23:15 - Mar 7 with 2002 views1964white

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Threadope on 20:02 - Mar 7 by monmouth

Ordinary.

My opinion too, they haven't impressed me whenever I've watched them
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 23:25 - Mar 7 with 1986 viewsTenbySwan

This was the first time WBA have failed to score. Rodon was immense. And the rest of back 4.

If you think of the number of points we have thrown away, we could have been right up there. The Gueri experiment cost us a fair few points as well.

Cooper Seems to have found a settled side and system now.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Threadope on 00:32 - Mar 8 with 1925 viewsNotLoyal

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Threadope on 23:15 - Mar 7 by 1964white

My opinion too, they haven't impressed me whenever I've watched them

If you both go up you are going to need to seriously redevelop your squads.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 04:47 - Mar 8 with 1834 viewsTimTtam

I've got mixed feelings about this game. The football was dire and it seemed our only option when West Brom pressed us was to hoof it as high and far as possible. But the effort and defense from all the players was outstanding. Based on this performance it's unlikely Cooper has lost the dressing room.

West Brom dominated possession and our pressing was largely useless (good intent though), but they were pretty hopeless in attack. A lot of that comes down to our defense stepping up. We arguably had more chances to score too.

All the defenders did well, but Bidwell had a very good game. When he pushed up the field he looked like a proper winger and put some good crosses in. Much better in defense today too.

Fulton was also very good. And he's been lasting the full 90 minutes lately. Got stuck in as always, but he found a good amount of the ball yesterday. I think Byers' days in CM are over.

But 1 sub...ffs. When West Brom made their double change I knew there would be no reaction from Cooper. Dhanda is a great impact sub, and Cullen needs to be given game time since the club decided not to send him out on loan.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 6:49]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 10:52 - Mar 8 with 1563 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 04:47 - Mar 8 by TimTtam

I've got mixed feelings about this game. The football was dire and it seemed our only option when West Brom pressed us was to hoof it as high and far as possible. But the effort and defense from all the players was outstanding. Based on this performance it's unlikely Cooper has lost the dressing room.

West Brom dominated possession and our pressing was largely useless (good intent though), but they were pretty hopeless in attack. A lot of that comes down to our defense stepping up. We arguably had more chances to score too.

All the defenders did well, but Bidwell had a very good game. When he pushed up the field he looked like a proper winger and put some good crosses in. Much better in defense today too.

Fulton was also very good. And he's been lasting the full 90 minutes lately. Got stuck in as always, but he found a good amount of the ball yesterday. I think Byers' days in CM are over.

But 1 sub...ffs. When West Brom made their double change I knew there would be no reaction from Cooper. Dhanda is a great impact sub, and Cullen needs to be given game time since the club decided not to send him out on loan.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 6:49]

If we’d have had Garrick available I think we would have snuck it to be fair. Saying that Fulton usually scores those chances but it wasn’t to be.

I think the game wasn’t as bad as you portrayed it though - West Brom had some neat interplay up to the edge of the area but lost the plot thereafter.

The back four were superb and I completely agree over Bidwell. Proved himself more than just a journeyman yesterday. I’m surprised he’s not more popular with the fans because he’s got a great attitude and seems to like playing for us and for me that overcomes whatever shortcomings he has. Still the best crosser in the squad.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 11:12 - Mar 8 with 1547 viewsNotLoyal

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 10:52 - Mar 8 by Brynmill_Jack

If we’d have had Garrick available I think we would have snuck it to be fair. Saying that Fulton usually scores those chances but it wasn’t to be.

I think the game wasn’t as bad as you portrayed it though - West Brom had some neat interplay up to the edge of the area but lost the plot thereafter.

The back four were superb and I completely agree over Bidwell. Proved himself more than just a journeyman yesterday. I’m surprised he’s not more popular with the fans because he’s got a great attitude and seems to like playing for us and for me that overcomes whatever shortcomings he has. Still the best crosser in the squad.

Football is always judged on goals etc, yesterday’s performance was solid more than attractive, that said from a decent championship side determined not to lose rather than win.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 11:37 - Mar 8 with 1535 viewsBadlands

Stats on the game strike me as odd.
What constitutes a shot ?
Swans 9 shote WBA 10!! Did they really?
Possession 35% - 65% again, it seemed far closer than that.
Our pass accuracy tell the strory of the season though ...just 64%.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 13:25 - Mar 8 with 1489 viewskrunchykarrot

The performance yesterday was an improvement stood up to a streetwise physical side. Back four were good Naughton excellent,the only negative from my perspective was Ayew why are we playing him his contribution to the game yesterday was minimal he doesn't look fit in my opinion.
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 13:31 - Mar 8 with 1483 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 13:25 - Mar 8 by krunchykarrot

The performance yesterday was an improvement stood up to a streetwise physical side. Back four were good Naughton excellent,the only negative from my perspective was Ayew why are we playing him his contribution to the game yesterday was minimal he doesn't look fit in my opinion.

Ayew played really winning almost every aimlessly lumped ball in his direction.
He also got in very good positions but wasn't passed to.
He is carrying an injury.

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 13:41 - Mar 8 with 1475 viewskrunchykarrot

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 13:31 - Mar 8 by Badlands

Ayew played really winning almost every aimlessly lumped ball in his direction.
He also got in very good positions but wasn't passed to.
He is carrying an injury.

Badlands he struggled big time first half, every throw in we had ended up with a WBA counter attack. I struggle to see where we can play him and have come to the decision that we have to leave him up top. If Garrick had been fit yesterday possibly he would not have played as he needs a rest, i was shocked when Lulu went off instead of him as all around me thought he wouldn't come out for the 2nd half.
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 16:08 - Mar 8 with 1413 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 13:41 - Mar 8 by krunchykarrot

Badlands he struggled big time first half, every throw in we had ended up with a WBA counter attack. I struggle to see where we can play him and have come to the decision that we have to leave him up top. If Garrick had been fit yesterday possibly he would not have played as he needs a rest, i was shocked when Lulu went off instead of him as all around me thought he wouldn't come out for the 2nd half.

Knocks himself out every game scored 12 goals ...
All about opinions I suppose
Kalulu was OK attacking in the first half but did nothing in the second and rightly subbed.

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 16:19 - Mar 8 with 1402 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 13:41 - Mar 8 by krunchykarrot

We give away possession at 95% of all our throw ins.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 21:02 - Mar 8 with 1303 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 16:08 - Mar 8 by Badlands

Knocks himself out every game scored 12 goals ...
All about opinions I suppose
Kalulu was OK attacking in the first half but did nothing in the second and rightly subbed.

In fairness he does. Probably by far our most committed layer this season.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024