Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread 20:51 - Mar 3 with 24032 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 14:29]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:00 - Mar 7 with 2703 viewsCooperDBM

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 16:53 - Mar 7 by Polskijack

The game is being broadcast somewhere in the world and because of the ridiculous EFL rules, the game can only legally be broadcast in "dark countries such as the Ukraine. Therefore legally only one man and his dog will be watching so no point in pre match, half time and post match programmes. Simple really

It was supposed to be blocked in Canada but I was able to watch. Maybe a mistake.
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:02 - Mar 7 with 2648 viewsCatullus

It was quite entertaining. WBA are quite physical, too much so at times. Whereas (Cabango and Rodon aside) we aren't physical enough, in my opinion.
If we played like that every week we'd have more points on the board. Come on Coops, sort it out.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:10 - Mar 7 with 2568 viewsicecoldjack

Yet another hit and hope type approach by potter, the players did really well today, they'd do far better with a proper footballing manager and seeing how limited WBA are and where they are in the league I can only conclude the right investment in the right areas should have seen us do far far better the last 2 seasons .

Cant fault the effort at all, but knocking balls into the channels to chase down is a real step in wrong direction .
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:15 - Mar 7 with 2529 viewsFireboy2

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:10 - Mar 7 by icecoldjack

Yet another hit and hope type approach by potter, the players did really well today, they'd do far better with a proper footballing manager and seeing how limited WBA are and where they are in the league I can only conclude the right investment in the right areas should have seen us do far far better the last 2 seasons .

Cant fault the effort at all, but knocking balls into the channels to chase down is a real step in wrong direction .

Potter 🤔
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:20 - Mar 7 with 2481 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:15 - Mar 7 by Fireboy2

Potter 🤔

These morons don’t realise Flyn’s our manager now 😜. (In fairness I have to think twice about Potter/Cooper).

MOTM people? Joe for me. Absolutely, totally, utterly, indomitably f*cking IMMENSE. Won every dual, read the game like Ramos, looked after the ball, lead our back line every bit as well as Ash. He’s going to be a top, top player. I’d love to keep him, but we can’t. So £50-60M minimum please when he goes.
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:23 - Mar 7 with 2457 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:15 - Mar 7 by Fireboy2

Potter 🤔

Fook, my bad ! Cooper ! I mean how can you mix those two, chalk and cheese in terms of football .
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:28 - Mar 7 with 2413 viewsmonmouth

I’m happy with the result and performance. I don’t think Cooper is the man we need but that was ok.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:32 - Mar 7 with 2367 viewslidojack

I wish we'd had a go at them towards the end. What is Cooper's aversion to making subs?
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:32 - Mar 7 with 2360 viewsLeonWasGod

Honourable mention to the WBA fans for being the most facking useless bunch of supporters we’ve had down here this season. They started ok, but considering their numbers they were pretty poor. Bunch of statues second half.
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:41 - Mar 7 with 2298 viewsDr_Winston

You can see why WBA are where they are because they're a big side but they can also play a bit. They passed circles around us for long periods. Nothing our players couldn't be coached to do if we had a mind to, but that's by the by.

Physically we competed with them quite well, but it was a game short on real chances. Point probably a fair result overall.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:43 - Mar 7 with 2276 viewsCooperman

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:28 - Mar 7 by monmouth

I’m happy with the result and performance. I don’t think Cooper is the man we need but that was ok.

No and no.

At this stage of the season and in our position we should have been going much harder for the three points. We will he complimented for our defensive performance rather than our attacking prowess.

In my mind your comments would only be relevant if we were 20th in the league.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:47 - Mar 7 with 2239 viewsdunvantjack100

Huge improvement on the reverse fixture. A point against top of the league is always a positive result, considering many on here make us out to be heading for league one.
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:49 - Mar 7 with 2209 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:43 - Mar 7 by Cooperman

No and no.

At this stage of the season and in our position we should have been going much harder for the three points. We will he complimented for our defensive performance rather than our attacking prowess.

We arecwhat we are. I don’t disagree with your ambition for us, but our capability is what it is. I think that was us at our best.

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:53 - Mar 7 with 2178 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:43 - Mar 7 by Cooperman

No and no.

I agree.

Everyone talks about in the championship everyone can beat everyone and nobody knows how a top team will do no matter what, but in our case it’s always quite clear, we are happy to plod and hope not to get beat while other teams get up for it and have a real crack .

I’m not having a go at the players here it’s more the direction in the management .

If we are not bold we will achieve fook all, will Cooper ever ever see it? I think not .
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 18:00 - Mar 7 with 2120 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:53 - Mar 7 by icecoldjack

I agree.

Everyone talks about in the championship everyone can beat everyone and nobody knows how a top team will do no matter what, but in our case it’s always quite clear, we are happy to plod and hope not to get beat while other teams get up for it and have a real crack .

I’m not having a go at the players here it’s more the direction in the management .

If we are not bold we will achieve fook all, will Cooper ever ever see it? I think not .

I didn’t think we were not bold today, and I’m not a Cooper fan.

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 18:07 - Mar 7 with 2084 viewslifelong

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:49 - Mar 7 by monmouth

We arecwhat we are. I don’t disagree with your ambition for us, but our capability is what it is. I think that was us at our best.

Unfortunately I agree, just not good enough, we don’t seem capable of playing good football, don’t think we strung 3 passes together today. not all that impressed with West Brom either, finishing on both sides was abysmal.
Came away from the stadium muttering to myself.
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 18:19 - Mar 7 with 2032 views1964white

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 17:49 - Mar 7 by monmouth

Well done the Swans good draw for Swansea & us of course!

Whenever I read this forum you always seem to talk a lot of sense Monmouth
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 18:55 - Mar 7 with 1889 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 18:19 - Mar 7 by 1964white

I said Leeds were going up long ago. Best team in the division. Nowhere near premier league standard, but just look at Sheffield United.

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 19:30 - Mar 7 with 1748 viewssainthelens

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 18:19 - Mar 7 by 1964white

Albion were crap. If you don't go up this year, you'll never make it.
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 19:31 - Mar 7 with 1747 views1964white

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 18:55 - Mar 7 by monmouth

I said Leeds were going up long ago. Best team in the division. Nowhere near premier league standard, but just look at Sheffield United.

Hopefully we can build on what we have now & progress as well as our South Yorkshire neighbours. Huddersfield coach Danny Cowley was very complementary about us today.

We had to hang onto Leeds in the second half," he said.

"We saw the best team in the league playing at the top of their game today. They were relentless at times.

"I've had 13 years as a manager, and that was right up there in terms of an opponent's performance. I thought they were outstanding.

"That was a blueprint in terms of their physical quality and intent. They have so much purpose."

Cowley added: "I actually really enjoyed it in a sadistic way. He's a genius Bielsa. If you are going to be out-managed, then be out-managed by a genius.

"I'm not sure we've ever got to that level of performance that Leeds did today. You look at the energy and intensity. He must be relentless in his demands of them to play with that physical output.

"I will be interested to see how the Premier League copes with them when Leeds go up."

Asked whether he felt Leeds would be promoted this season after 16 years away from the top flight, Cowley said: "Absolutely! They're the best team in the division. It was a painful but a great learning experience for us."
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 19:34 - Mar 7 with 1737 views1964white

Hope we can do the same to Cardiff

Down there just outside Abergavenny next weekend
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 19:35]
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 19:35 - Mar 7 with 1732 viewssainthelens

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 19:34 - Mar 7 by 1964white

Hope we can do the same to Cardiff

Down there just outside Abergavenny next weekend
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 19:35]

You wont struggle to see it, fckn loadsa room there.
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Threadope on 19:35 - Mar 7 with 1729 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 19:31 - Mar 7 by 1964white

Hopefully we can build on what we have now & progress as well as our South Yorkshire neighbours. Huddersfield coach Danny Cowley was very complementary about us today.

We had to hang onto Leeds in the second half," he said.

"We saw the best team in the league playing at the top of their game today. They were relentless at times.

"I've had 13 years as a manager, and that was right up there in terms of an opponent's performance. I thought they were outstanding.

"That was a blueprint in terms of their physical quality and intent. They have so much purpose."

Cowley added: "I actually really enjoyed it in a sadistic way. He's a genius Bielsa. If you are going to be out-managed, then be out-managed by a genius.

"I'm not sure we've ever got to that level of performance that Leeds did today. You look at the energy and intensity. He must be relentless in his demands of them to play with that physical output.

"I will be interested to see how the Premier League copes with them when Leeds go up."

Asked whether he felt Leeds would be promoted this season after 16 years away from the top flight, Cowley said: "Absolutely! They're the best team in the division. It was a painful but a great learning experience for us."

As I said , best team in a terrible division. Next season is the test. Unlike others I hope you make it if you get promoted. I think a Leeds team belongs in the top league.

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 19:39 - Mar 7 with 1709 views1964white

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Thread on 19:35 - Mar 7 by sainthelens

You wont struggle to see it, fckn loadsa room there.

Atmosphere very poor when I've been to Cardiff in the last few years

It use to be a nuthouse when they played at Ninian Park
The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Threadope on 19:44 - Mar 7 with 2473 views1964white

The Official Swansea City Vs WBA FC Match Threadope on 19:35 - Mar 7 by monmouth

As I said , best team in a terrible division. Next season is the test. Unlike others I hope you make it if you get promoted. I think a Leeds team belongs in the top league.

It is a poor league Monmouth, how Forest & Bristol City are up there god only knows!

What did you think of West Brom today?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024