Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incoming loans 21:45 - Aug 10 with 10871 viewsChief

The happy clappers, sellout sympathists and yanks saying about loans and pretending the window hasn't closed yet. Why does anyone have any faith that we are going to get any tidy players in? A lot of good ones have already gone and others we will not pay the wages for. Plus remember last year we got Sanches and Tammy on loan and look how that turned out. Also why have we left it so late again? We are two games into the season scratching around for loans, and not to cover injuries, suspensions or other unforeseen circumstances. No, to actually cover starting 11 berths in the team! Shocking planning yet again from the boars.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Incoming loans on 08:15 - Aug 11 with 2359 viewsBirchgrovejack

I clicked on this thread hoping on some news of incoming transfers, but just like usual its just a slanging match
Incoming loans on 08:34 - Aug 11 with 2313 viewsdobjack2

Incoming loans on 23:20 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

It's not and the different rules all add up to the same outcome.

If any club wants to buy a player now permanently they just write that bit into the contract. It's as simple as that.

I know that you can still do a loan now pay later option but are we likely to gamble on getting Bony off the wages in January to pay for one of those deals?

As far as we are concerned I believe we are simply now in the loan market although would loved to be proved wrong if we went for the right player. Different players are now in the mix in this window as Premiership squads are being finalised. I hope that we are prepared for this.
Incoming loans on 08:42 - Aug 11 with 2303 viewsThornburyswan

Not sure I have 'faith' in our Yankee cousins but I do think they see it from a business perspective & have adopted that philosophy so firstly harsh cutting of costs with very limited reinvestment, new management team who understand & are up for the challenge and giving the playing squad a younger/fresher feel.

Those bits are done & we are very clearly under-resourced so they either gamble & tell Potter to promote the kids and get on with it or look fill in the gaps via the loan market & then see how things look in Jan.

They could from a business perspective adopt either option but the first, whilst cheaper, is a higher risk so for me they will go with the second - for me judged if they sign-off on at least 4 first team loan options - ideally 2 x CBs, 1 x CM & 1 x CF.
Incoming loans on 08:52 - Aug 11 with 2279 viewsdobjack2

Incoming loans on 08:42 - Aug 11 by Thornburyswan

Not sure I have 'faith' in our Yankee cousins but I do think they see it from a business perspective & have adopted that philosophy so firstly harsh cutting of costs with very limited reinvestment, new management team who understand & are up for the challenge and giving the playing squad a younger/fresher feel.

Those bits are done & we are very clearly under-resourced so they either gamble & tell Potter to promote the kids and get on with it or look fill in the gaps via the loan market & then see how things look in Jan.

They could from a business perspective adopt either option but the first, whilst cheaper, is a higher risk so for me they will go with the second - for me judged if they sign-off on at least 4 first team loan options - ideally 2 x CBs, 1 x CM & 1 x CF.

Why would 2 centre backs want to come in on loan or why would their clubs want to loan them? One of them would not get much game time.

Unless we are looking to loan out more ourselves or have players (wingers) who may move abroad - montero and narsingh for example - I would be surprised if it was more than one forward, one midfielder and one centre half.

Happy to be proved wrong by events though.
Incoming loans on 09:07 - Aug 11 with 2236 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Incoming loans on 00:00 - Aug 11 by Fireboy2

So that does mean you are close to the snakes on the board

You ugly lanky streak of p!ss

He's already met Dineen and his complete about turn suggests that he's their propagandist on her. I wonder how much they're paying him?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Incoming loans on 09:10 - Aug 11 with 2229 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Incoming loans on 23:26 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

That's not what the statement said, just some prick journalist.

Never mind what their statement said. Let's see the proof when the loan window ends.
You can crow all you like then

Incoming loans on 09:11 - Aug 11 with 2226 viewsChief

Incoming loans on 01:30 - Aug 11 by DJack

It is a fact:

1. in the Championship, during the loan window, a club can take a player on loan AND at the next window that same player can be purchased as a part of the same deal.

2. The Trust statement has publicly alluded to funds available for players.

Again though this really doesn't tally up with the Woods situation though does it? Potter's obviously very keen on the guy and the indications were that we'd been in discussions for a while with Brentford and that they'd cone down from their original position because Woods was set on coming here. If these funds are available why oh why didn't we strengthen that position which is badly needed? Sounds like a Joe Allenesque mistake again.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Incoming loans on 10:18 - Aug 11 with 2140 viewsMo_Wives

Incoming loans on 09:10 - Aug 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Never mind what their statement said. Let's see the proof when the loan window ends.
You can crow all you like then

TBH, I want the loan window to shut now. I get the feeling at the end of it no one will have come in but MvDH and Oli McBurnie will have been loaned to WBA with us paying half their wages.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Login to get fewer ads

Incoming loans on 10:24 - Aug 11 with 2126 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Incoming loans on 10:18 - Aug 11 by Mo_Wives

TBH, I want the loan window to shut now. I get the feeling at the end of it no one will have come in but MvDH and Oli McBurnie will have been loaned to WBA with us paying half their wages.

You've seen the plan then!
We can't afford loans so the usually compliant Ethan tells us. Something is rotten here isn't it. Did they scrap the fit and proper ownership test then?

Incoming loans on 10:55 - Aug 11 with 2087 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Incoming loans on 22:12 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

Let's nip this Bullshit in the bud.

The only reason we left it late is because the players leaving either wanted to wait until the last minute to see what offers they got or clubs who maybe wanted them left it late as perhaps they had other targets they couldn't get.

If it was our way we'd have got shot of them in the first week of the window FFS

1 centre back and 1 forward = idiot.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Incoming loans on 10:55 - Aug 11 with 2086 viewsThornburyswan

Incoming loans on 08:52 - Aug 11 by dobjack2

Why would 2 centre backs want to come in on loan or why would their clubs want to loan them? One of them would not get much game time.

Unless we are looking to loan out more ourselves or have players (wingers) who may move abroad - montero and narsingh for example - I would be surprised if it was more than one forward, one midfielder and one centre half.

Happy to be proved wrong by events though.

Their will be lots of clubs wanting to loan out players as their squads are way too big & fringe/younger players will need playing time - see you point on 2 x CBs but we need to cover injury/fatigue etc & that's where a positive conversation with Potter/Reid could convince a player who otherwise won't get a look in at his current club (also depends on whether Potter really wants to give Rodon a decent run).

Could see Narsingh going but Montero looked fully committed last weekend so unless it's a decent ££££ offer from abroad can't see him leaving.........then again what do I know!
Incoming loans on 11:10 - Aug 11 with 2040 viewsdobjack2

Incoming loans on 10:55 - Aug 11 by Thornburyswan

Their will be lots of clubs wanting to loan out players as their squads are way too big & fringe/younger players will need playing time - see you point on 2 x CBs but we need to cover injury/fatigue etc & that's where a positive conversation with Potter/Reid could convince a player who otherwise won't get a look in at his current club (also depends on whether Potter really wants to give Rodon a decent run).

Could see Narsingh going but Montero looked fully committed last weekend so unless it's a decent ££££ offer from abroad can't see him leaving.........then again what do I know!

Agree with you that 2 centre halves are desirable but it could depend on how Joe does if he plays. Today’s teamsheet will give us a clue on that one.

We need one centre half immediately.

Who knows what is going on behind the scenes we certainly don’t. All we see are the consequences of it.
Incoming loans on 11:45 - Aug 11 with 1995 viewsTheResurrection

Incoming loans on 11:10 - Aug 11 by dobjack2

Agree with you that 2 centre halves are desirable but it could depend on how Joe does if he plays. Today’s teamsheet will give us a clue on that one.

We need one centre half immediately.

Who knows what is going on behind the scenes we certainly don’t. All we see are the consequences of it.

I'm going to guess if Naughton is fit he'll play there today.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Incoming loans on 11:59 - Aug 11 with 1955 viewsElmo

Incoming loans on 09:11 - Aug 11 by Chief

Again though this really doesn't tally up with the Woods situation though does it? Potter's obviously very keen on the guy and the indications were that we'd been in discussions for a while with Brentford and that they'd cone down from their original position because Woods was set on coming here. If these funds are available why oh why didn't we strengthen that position which is badly needed? Sounds like a Joe Allenesque mistake again.

Given Celina's masterful CM display maybe Woods' role isnt as badly needed as CB, CF.

Do you have any "Incoming loans" in mind ? (you set an expectation that this may have been a constructive thread)
Incoming loans on 12:05 - Aug 11 with 1919 viewsdobjack2

Incoming loans on 11:45 - Aug 11 by TheResurrection

I'm going to guess if Naughton is fit he'll play there today.

I suspect that as well. In which case Potter has decided that Joe isn’t ready to start.

It’s madness to have a plan to ship out all the high earners without having a plan to replace them.

Games come thick and fast in this division and we can’t afford to dither about getting a potential starting centre half in.
Incoming loans on 13:06 - Aug 11 with 1842 viewsTheResurrection

Incoming loans on 12:05 - Aug 11 by dobjack2

I suspect that as well. In which case Potter has decided that Joe isn’t ready to start.

It’s madness to have a plan to ship out all the high earners without having a plan to replace them.

Games come thick and fast in this division and we can’t afford to dither about getting a potential starting centre half in.

Nobody at the Club would have planned for this scenario or wanted it

But they decided it was for the best, to be safe rather than sorry,

We have now got to do something about this and quick. If we dont, I will be as concerned as you.

Lets wait and see first.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Incoming loans on 13:49 - Aug 11 with 1775 viewsdobjack2

Incoming loans on 13:06 - Aug 11 by TheResurrection

We have now got to do something about this and quick. If we dont, I will be as concerned as you.

Lets wait and see first.

It was always a distinct possibility. I got told at the start of the window that 4 of our centre halves wanted out and they have all gone.

Knowing players wanted out and that there was a chance they would all go we needed to be planning. Potter making Fer and VDH captains was an indication to me that he thought Fernandez could/would be off.

What we agree on is that we need to act fast and I hope that we have been working on this behind the scenes.

We’ll see how things are at the end of the window.
Incoming loans on 14:14 - Aug 11 with 1726 viewsmajorraglan

Incoming loans on 13:49 - Aug 11 by dobjack2

It was always a distinct possibility. I got told at the start of the window that 4 of our centre halves wanted out and they have all gone.

Knowing players wanted out and that there was a chance they would all go we needed to be planning. Potter making Fer and VDH captains was an indication to me that he thought Fernandez could/would be off.

What we agree on is that we need to act fast and I hope that we have been working on this behind the scenes.

We’ll see how things are at the end of the window.

Wasn’t there speculation linking Fernandez with Krasnodar and comments from him to the effect that he was considering his position with regards to other offers. I would have thought that should have crystalsed thinking. I suspect that the fact the Ayews were loaned as opposed to sold was a factor in the some of the last minute sales and lack of signings.
Incoming loans on 14:27 - Aug 11 with 1703 viewsdobjack2

Incoming loans on 14:14 - Aug 11 by majorraglan

Wasn’t there speculation linking Fernandez with Krasnodar and comments from him to the effect that he was considering his position with regards to other offers. I would have thought that should have crystalsed thinking. I suspect that the fact the Ayews were loaned as opposed to sold was a factor in the some of the last minute sales and lack of signings.

Jordan was the big feck up. They overvalued him and were hoping for a bidding war that never materialised
Incoming loans on 14:29 - Aug 11 with 1691 viewsTheResurrection

Incoming loans on 14:27 - Aug 11 by dobjack2

Jordan was the big feck up. They overvalued him and were hoping for a bidding war that never materialised

How was that a f#ck up. Everyone of us would've wanted more than what they offered.

Incoming loans on 14:54 - Aug 11 with 1669 viewsdobjack2

Incoming loans on 14:29 - Aug 11 by TheResurrection

How was that a f#ck up. Everyone of us would've wanted more than what they offered.

Because we didn’t sell him
Incoming loans on 18:30 - Aug 31 with 1388 viewsNeathJack

Incoming loans on 13:06 - Aug 11 by TheResurrection

Lets wait and see first.

Oh...
Incoming loans on 18:41 - Aug 31 with 1332 viewsN_T_J

Incoming loans on 18:30 - Aug 31 by NeathJack

Oh...

Wait for his big essay now.
Incoming loans on 18:45 - Aug 31 with 1315 viewsTheResurrection

Incoming loans on 18:30 - Aug 31 by NeathJack

Oh...

We've now played 5 games in the league narrowly losing one and played the top of the league off the park.

We had Fer out at the time, Dyer, Routs, Narsingh and Bony with question marks over their futures. If, as seems likely they will stay that's the squad boosted considerably. We're short in some positions and like other fans there's nothing better than signing a new player so I would've liked to have seen more come in.

But I'm not that childish to not reassess things as they plod on. You're so entrenched in your own fat you can't see your chins for your cock.

Oh...

Incoming loans on 19:31 - Aug 31 with 1252 viewspeenemunde

Incoming loans on 18:45 - Aug 31 by TheResurrection

We've now played 5 games in the league narrowly losing one and played the top of the league off the park.

We had Fer out at the time, Dyer, Routs, Narsingh and Bony with question marks over their futures. If, as seems likely they will stay that's the squad boosted considerably. We're short in some positions and like other fans there's nothing better than signing a new player so I would've liked to have seen more come in.

But I'm not that childish to not reassess things as they plod on. You're so entrenched in your own fat you can't see your chins for your cock.

Oh...

We are not strong enough to mount a promotion bid this year with the squad we have.
Mid-table at best.
Oh and I’d love to be proven wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024