Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw wants Giggs as new manager 22:40 - Sep 21 with 19837 viewsmarchamjack

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/21/swansea-target-ryan-giggs-to-repl

aside from lock up your wives...

Guidolin 'dead man walking'

Guidolin watched the Tour de France instead of attending training sessions in the States on pre-season tour...

all good stuff
[Post edited 21 Sep 2016 22:41]

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:05 - Sep 22 with 1534 viewsnierika

How in the hell is he supposed to do his job with this nonsense going on in the media? He deserves some games to right the ship. Yesterday was a small step forward; any result on Saturday will be huge
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:06 - Sep 22 with 1534 viewsLegend83

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:01 - Sep 22 by Landore_Jack

Guidolin will always be the fall guy. The finger should be pointing at Huw Jenkins. Recruitment has not been good enough and this has contributed to our downfall.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2016 12:02]

Completely agree.

Totally underlined by us dragging the likes of Britton and Rangel out the old-folks home to improve our performance.

Zero succession planning.
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:28 - Sep 22 with 1487 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:06 - Sep 22 by Legend83

Completely agree.

Totally underlined by us dragging the likes of Britton and Rangel out the old-folks home to improve our performance.

Zero succession planning.

It's tough to devote time to succession planning when you've got all that money to count and can't decide whether to get a Bentley or an Aston Martin.

Which isn't a difficult decision but I expect he's dithering.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:28 - Sep 22 with 1487 viewsbuilthjack

I don't like Giggs for what he did to Wales,he was a cwnt for that. But if I am honest he did great things in the game , has the contacts and respect, and am sure would get us playing attractive football again. He would need a good assistant, maybe that other cwnt Keane, and £50-£60m to spend in January. keep us in the Premier League and go for it next summer in getting rid of the deadwood and bringing in players who can actually play the game.
By the way I cannot stand Man Utd, but if its good for our club I can run with that.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2016 12:33]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:32 - Sep 22 with 1467 viewsshandyjack

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:28 - Sep 22 by builthjack

I don't like Giggs for what he did to Wales,he was a cwnt for that. But if I am honest he did great things in the game , has the contacts and respect, and am sure would get us playing attractive football again. He would need a good assistant, maybe that other cwnt Keane, and £50-£60m to spend in January. keep us in the Premier League and go for it next summer in getting rid of the deadwood and bringing in players who can actually play the game.
By the way I cannot stand Man Utd, but if its good for our club I can run with that.

£50-£60, jesus would struggle to get a ticket for the game and a pie and pint for that

Poll: Expectation for the season

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:34 - Sep 22 with 1457 viewsbuilthjack

edited

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:35 - Sep 22 with 1448 viewsshandyjack

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:34 - Sep 22 by builthjack

edited

haha

but seriously there is no way aa new manager would be given anywhere near that figure, more like £10-£15m in Jan at most

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:48 - Sep 22 with 1402 viewsLeonisGod

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:28 - Sep 22 by builthjack

'Keane' and 'good' do not belong in the same sentence together. Giggs could equally be completely useless at management, just as Keane was. There is absolutely no way of knowing whether Giggs would get us playing good football as he's got no experience, bar a few caretaker games for United.

He doesn't strike me as management material in character either - seems far too timid and uncertain.

Garry was a far better decision at the time than this would be.
Login to get fewer ads

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:51 - Sep 22 with 1386 viewsshandyjack

Roy Keane!!!! my word , why don't we call up Steve Bruce while we are at it

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:53 - Sep 22 with 1379 viewssnork44

Guidolin will always be the fall guy. The finger should be pointing at Huw Jenkins. Recruitment has not been good enough and this has contributed to our downfall.

But according to Jenkins the American investment was going to take us to the next level! All it did was to keep the status quo as Huw kept this as his little fiefdom and spent as little as possible until we had break the transfer record for Borja.

I feel for Guidolin, he is working with Huws choices and has to put up with some spoilt brats as well. He should be the one bringing in the players and not having players imposed on him. As for Giggs the answer should be no ,no and thrice no!

Is this the same Ryan Giggs that threw his toys out of the pram when the 'Special One' was appointed manager at Old Trafford, just because the Glazers wouldn't consider Giggs as the first team coach, remember Mourinho was prepared to have him as assistant, but he thought it was beneath him as left in a girly huff. So Ryan Giggs should the last person to be considered for the job for two reasons

1:For his inexperience as a manager. Just because you were in charge for the remainder of the season after Moyes was sacked and you were Van Gaals No .2, doesn't mean you are the spiritual successor to Sir Matt Busby.

2: Acting like spoilt child when he doesn't get him own way, I mean we criticize Taylor and Ki for their petulance, so how are the players going to respect Mr Giggs after he acted like a three year old after not getting the job at OT.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:54 - Sep 22 with 1376 viewsJohnw102

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:51 - Sep 22 by shandyjack

Roy Keane!!!! my word , why don't we call up Steve Bruce while we are at it

Barry Fry is available and would be in HJ's price range.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:56 - Sep 22 with 1357 viewsAngelRangelQS

Absolutely.

All Guidolin is doing is trying to work out how to get anything out of a team with no star quality.

We are weaker than we were last season which at times was a huge struggle. He's been given a threadbare piss poor squad and is being hung out to dry by those who are really at fault.

The way this club has been run for the last few years has been shocking. At this rate, relegation is approaching us like a train. We may get lucky and it may take out three other no hopers this year but if things don't change (and there's no evidence they will), it'll get us next season and it'll be embarrassing.

Rather than spending more money on yet another new manager, why not back Guidolin to the hilt, reprimand the tossers that undermine him and start looking for players to bring into the squad in January that should have been signed in July.
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:58 - Sep 22 with 1343 viewsDarran

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:56 - Sep 22 by AngelRangelQS

Absolutely.

All Guidolin is doing is trying to work out how to get anything out of a team with no star quality.

We are weaker than we were last season which at times was a huge struggle. He's been given a threadbare piss poor squad and is being hung out to dry by those who are really at fault.

The way this club has been run for the last few years has been shocking. At this rate, relegation is approaching us like a train. We may get lucky and it may take out three other no hopers this year but if things don't change (and there's no evidence they will), it'll get us next season and it'll be embarrassing.

Rather than spending more money on yet another new manager, why not back Guidolin to the hilt, reprimand the tossers that undermine him and start looking for players to bring into the squad in January that should have been signed in July.

He's taking his time working it out mind.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:59 - Sep 22 with 1330 viewsshandyjack

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:53 - Sep 22 by snork44

But according to Jenkins the American investment was going to take us to the next level! All it did was to keep the status quo as Huw kept this as his little fiefdom and spent as little as possible until we had break the transfer record for Borja.

I feel for Guidolin, he is working with Huws choices and has to put up with some spoilt brats as well. He should be the one bringing in the players and not having players imposed on him. As for Giggs the answer should be no ,no and thrice no!

Is this the same Ryan Giggs that threw his toys out of the pram when the 'Special One' was appointed manager at Old Trafford, just because the Glazers wouldn't consider Giggs as the first team coach, remember Mourinho was prepared to have him as assistant, but he thought it was beneath him as left in a girly huff. So Ryan Giggs should the last person to be considered for the job for two reasons

1:For his inexperience as a manager. Just because you were in charge for the remainder of the season after Moyes was sacked and you were Van Gaals No .2, doesn't mean you are the spiritual successor to Sir Matt Busby.

2: Acting like spoilt child when he doesn't get him own way, I mean we criticize Taylor and Ki for their petulance, so how are the players going to respect Mr Giggs after he acted like a three year old after not getting the job at OT.

while i don't want Giggs to get the job, i don't recall him kicking off about not getting the Utd job. He wanted it, didn't get it so decided to go it alone. If he accepted the offer then when a club did want him, it would have been harder for him to leave as the club wold have had to pay compo. Where as now he is available for free should a club require him

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 13:01 - Sep 22 with 1317 viewsLegend83

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:56 - Sep 22 by AngelRangelQS

Absolutely.

Wow! Do the right thing by the club to stop us looking like a total inept laughing stock?

A novel idea indeed.
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 13:04 - Sep 22 with 1306 viewsLandore_Jack

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:53 - Sep 22 by snork44

I agree with you. Giggs should not be given the job. To let an inexperienced manager take charge of a struggling club is suicidal. Maybe HJ is thinking of appointing an experienced No.2? I firmly believe a manager should be given the option of appointing a No.2 and given more control of transfers. HJ has basically recruited players and thrown them at Guidolin and he is expected to make them play together. The club has been on a downward path since they have started this. Laudrup and Rodgers were allowed to bring in players they have previously worked with and they had more say on transfers.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2016 13:09]

#backtojack

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 13:04 - Sep 22 with 1302 viewsAngelRangelQS

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:58 - Sep 22 by Darran

He is but it's not exactly an easy task.

You ask 10 fans what their preferred starting 11/formation would be and you'd have 10 different answers. That wouldn't have been the case a few years ago. The players and the system are far from obvious and he's working with virtually nothing.
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 13:05 - Sep 22 with 1300 viewslondonlisa2001

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 12:58 - Sep 22 by Darran

Come on Darran - there's some very selective revisionism going on. A number of us who wanted Guidolin to stay on also pointed out the squad needed a major overhaul. You were one of those who reckoned the squad wasn't as bad as we all said. Now things are going badly, you are bumping threads where people have said they wanted Guidolin to stay on which misses the point that the other bit of the equation (the squad having a major overhaul) didn't happen. In fact, the squad was made weaker over the summer.

Guidolin is not the problem - the fact that our squad is painfully thin is the problem. Changing manager has no effect on that.

But look, if you want to spend the rest of the doubtless short time until Guidolin is sacked pretending that you predicted this and those who wanted a Guidolin to stay were mistaken, you carry on.

I am happy to reiterate my position - Guidolin was a perfectly good choice to stay on (not compared to anyone else, but compared to Brendan which seemed the choice at the time). However, our squad is not good enough and the best manager in the world would struggle to make them look anything other than not good enough.
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 13:18 - Sep 22 with 1264 viewsItchySphincter

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:05 - Sep 21 by Darran

I'd be more interested to know who'd be coming with Giggs myself.

Me too. Not too bothered if we go down either, so long as we stop playing this stationary football. Have our players been told that they're not allowed to run or pass forward? I'd happily trade the PL for enjoyable football.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 13:24 - Sep 22 with 1233 viewscrix

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 13:05 - Sep 22 by londonlisa2001

Come on Darran - there's some very selective revisionism going on. A number of us who wanted Guidolin to stay on also pointed out the squad needed a major overhaul. You were one of those who reckoned the squad wasn't as bad as we all said. Now things are going badly, you are bumping threads where people have said they wanted Guidolin to stay on which misses the point that the other bit of the equation (the squad having a major overhaul) didn't happen. In fact, the squad was made weaker over the summer.

Guidolin is not the problem - the fact that our squad is painfully thin is the problem. Changing manager has no effect on that.

But look, if you want to spend the rest of the doubtless short time until Guidolin is sacked pretending that you predicted this and those who wanted a Guidolin to stay were mistaken, you carry on.

I am happy to reiterate my position - Guidolin was a perfectly good choice to stay on (not compared to anyone else, but compared to Brendan which seemed the choice at the time). However, our squad is not good enough and the best manager in the world would struggle to make them look anything other than not good enough.

i couldn't agree more, it was the same however when gm was on the ropes people coming out saying 'I told you so' like they were the oracle of Delphi. I'm not really sure how old some of you lot are on here but I'm pretty sure the vast majority left full time education some time ago so grow the fvck up. by the way its quite obvious fg is being hung out to dry by certain elements within the squad who don't like his methods. what are we going to do, keep sacking managers until we finally have one that panders to the prima donnas? well I got news for everyone here whether fg is still here or not in a few months time, whoever we get in is going to have the same bunch of players to work with, maybe they will perform at first but I bet if he doesn't pick certain individuals to play we are going to have the same undermining from within.
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 13:29 - Sep 22 with 1227 viewsSmellyplumz

I'm sorry but FG has brought this apon himself, if your appy to just nod your head and accept the chairman picking the players then you are part of the problem. In my eyes if Guido said he is happy with his squad then it's down to him to make it work other wise he could of said, no I'm not happy with my squad.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 13:31 - Sep 22 with 1206 viewsjacabertawe

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 13:24 - Sep 22 by crix

i couldn't agree more, it was the same however when gm was on the ropes people coming out saying 'I told you so' like they were the oracle of Delphi. I'm not really sure how old some of you lot are on here but I'm pretty sure the vast majority left full time education some time ago so grow the fvck up. by the way its quite obvious fg is being hung out to dry by certain elements within the squad who don't like his methods. what are we going to do, keep sacking managers until we finally have one that panders to the prima donnas? well I got news for everyone here whether fg is still here or not in a few months time, whoever we get in is going to have the same bunch of players to work with, maybe they will perform at first but I bet if he doesn't pick certain individuals to play we are going to have the same undermining from within.

Two very good posts.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 13:34 - Sep 22 with 1188 viewsLegend83

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 13:29 - Sep 22 by Smellyplumz

I'm sorry but FG has brought this apon himself, if your appy to just nod your head and accept the chairman picking the players then you are part of the problem. In my eyes if Guido said he is happy with his squad then it's down to him to make it work other wise he could of said, no I'm not happy with my squad.

Fair, so how about we back the manager and give him 10-15 games to make it work.

We have seen glimpses of what he can do with this team, and also improvements in certain players under his tenure (Montero / Barrow etc).

All this bollocks is just unsettling.
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 13:35 - Sep 22 with 1185 viewsDarran

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 13:05 - Sep 22 by londonlisa2001

I agree about most of that Lis but he's had plenty of time get us playing in a more positive manner but he's far far too negative.

I didn't predict it either.

The minute he knew the conditions he had to work under he should have said thanks but no thanks.

It's sad and I'd love to see us give Man City and Liverpool a good tonking and have a nice rest over the international break and come back and give Arsenal a tonking but I just don't see it happening.

Oh and just for the record I couldn't give a shit about last nights performance or result because it's got absolutely no bearing on Saturdays game whatsoever.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 13:42 - Sep 22 with 1152 viewsandypitt56

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/just-how-qualified-for

this is an absolute disgrace of an article, talk about undermining the club. Most agree on here that FG is flogging a dead horse at the moment, the players are out of form. Imo we need to stick with FG. Posting that rubbish does not help the situation. Good players dont always make good managers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024