Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw wants Giggs as new manager 22:40 - Sep 21 with 19836 viewsmarchamjack

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/21/swansea-target-ryan-giggs-to-repl

aside from lock up your wives...

Guidolin 'dead man walking'

Guidolin watched the Tour de France instead of attending training sessions in the States on pre-season tour...

all good stuff
[Post edited 21 Sep 2016 22:41]

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:32 - Sep 21 with 1889 viewslondonlisa2001

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:15 - Sep 21 by AngelRangelQS

It's also being reported by the official minister for information now, Herr Wathan

Wathan's personal vendetta against Guidolin is utterly shameful.

He must have a crush on Brendan as big as the crush I had on Donny Osmond when I was about 5.

It's absolutely pathetic.

And his inability to properly judge the Welsh players is just as bad. Taylor was comfortably our weakest link tonight.
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:32 - Sep 21 with 1887 viewsjruss1

Just do it now. One or two more games will not matter. Minds clearly made up. No chance he can win back the respect of players or staff.

It's the same old story. The club always put these stories out to the Telegraph. Mail will have one up in no time at all.
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:35 - Sep 21 with 1868 viewslondonlisa2001

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:31 - Sep 21 by GeoffThom

Sorry but 5 across the mid and defending deep into our own half inviting city on is defensive in my eyes especially with just the one up front !

We set up 4 3 3 when going forward with Naughton and Routs dropping back when they had the ball.

The only difference to our 'preferred' line up was a flatter midfield 3 interchanging rather than Siggy playing a more advanced role. We used the same formation when we put 4 past West Ham at the end of last season when Siggy was not available.
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:38 - Sep 21 with 1838 viewsGeoffThom

Lol and we went forward a lot didn't we ,we spent most of the tine with 5 across the mid defending when they got well into our half !
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:41 - Sep 21 with 1811 viewsLeonisGod

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:35 - Sep 21 by londonlisa2001

We set up 4 3 3 when going forward with Naughton and Routs dropping back when they had the ball.

The only difference to our 'preferred' line up was a flatter midfield 3 interchanging rather than Siggy playing a more advanced role. We used the same formation when we put 4 past West Ham at the end of last season when Siggy was not available.

Yes, flatter middle three. Slightly more defensive down the sides, but ultimately what made it more defensive were the personnel. Jack and Naughton always have a back pass in them. In the starting line up we only had Routs and Borja as players who normally play in advanced roles. All the others are normally defenders or DMs. And it showed.

We did a pretty good job of containing them tbf. But progressive it wasn't.
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:41 - Sep 21 with 1809 viewsAngelRangelQS

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:32 - Sep 21 by jruss1

Just do it now. One or two more games will not matter. Minds clearly made up. No chance he can win back the respect of players or staff.

It's the same old story. The club always put these stories out to the Telegraph. Mail will have one up in no time at all.

Exactly. Better now than in December again. He's clearly not going to see the season out

What a f*cking mess we have become
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:45 - Sep 21 with 1795 viewslondonlisa2001

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:38 - Sep 21 by GeoffThom

Lol and we went forward a lot didn't we ,we spent most of the tine with 5 across the mid defending when they got well into our half !

Anyone that thinks that Man City beating us relatively comfortably reflects poorly on our formation is genuinely insane.

I give up wondering about expectations to be honest.

If we start playing week in and week out with that bit of urgency and pressing that we showed this evening we will be OK. If you expect a team from our squad to be put together (allowing for players having to be kept fresh for Saturday) that can compete with any of Man City's first team squad then you are going to be very disappointed.
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:47 - Sep 21 with 1778 viewsmonmouth

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:45 - Sep 21 by londonlisa2001

Anyone that thinks that Man City beating us relatively comfortably reflects poorly on our formation is genuinely insane.

If we start playing week in and week out with that bit of urgency and pressing that we showed this evening we will be OK. If you expect a team from our squad to be put together (allowing for players having to be kept fresh for Saturday) that can compete with any of Man City's first team squad then you are going to be very disappointed.

Tonight's Man City team cost £135 million.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:49 - Sep 21 with 1772 viewslondonlisa2001

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:47 - Sep 21 by monmouth

Tonight's Man City team cost £135 million.

Yes - and we have some so called Swans fans describing them as the 'under 23s'.

Madness.
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:51 - Sep 21 with 1760 viewsGeoffThom

The words CUP TIE !! Spring to mind ,we didn't turn it into a cup tie were a shock could happen we were negative so I must be insane ,down my many years of watching footbal I've seen some great cup ties especially by sides who went shit or bust we did neither it was bloody boring
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:53 - Sep 21 with 1749 viewsDarran

Be honest though can you imagine if Giggs was manager and Roy Keane his assistant and Taylor and Ki had behaved in the way they did when being subbed?

The thought made me smile anyway.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:55 - Sep 21 with 1737 viewslondonlisa2001

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:51 - Sep 21 by GeoffThom

The words CUP TIE !! Spring to mind ,we didn't turn it into a cup tie were a shock could happen we were negative so I must be insane ,down my many years of watching footbal I've seen some great cup ties especially by sides who went shit or bust we did neither it was bloody boring

Since we are playing them again in three days time and given the atmosphere of the past few days us going hell for leather and losing 5 nil would have been fatal.

Still, at least you won't be bored by it again until January.
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:55 - Sep 21 with 1737 viewsAngelRangelQS

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:51 - Sep 21 by GeoffThom

You're not insane.

We barely showed up IMO. Didn't embarrass ourselves but didn't even make them break sweat
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 00:03 - Sep 22 with 1697 viewsdeanscfc

I'd feel some real conflict about supporting us with Giggs as manager. Pr*ck of a man.
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 00:07 - Sep 22 with 1689 viewsDarran

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 00:03 - Sep 22 by deanscfc

I'd feel some real conflict about supporting us with Giggs as manager. Pr*ck of a man.

They can put Craig Bellamy with Michael Chopra in charge as long as we get results as far as I'm concerned.

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 00:11 - Sep 22 with 1672 viewsdeanscfc

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 00:07 - Sep 22 by Darran

They can put Craig Bellamy with Michael Chopra in charge as long as we get results as far as I'm concerned.

I suppose... But for me it's a whole lot better when the manager is bearable.
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 00:12 - Sep 22 with 1664 viewsDarran

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 00:11 - Sep 22 by deanscfc

I suppose... But for me it's a whole lot better when the manager is bearable.

Well I'll be there whoever it is.

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 00:17 - Sep 22 with 1635 viewsdeanscfc

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 00:12 - Sep 22 by Darran

Well I'll be there whoever it is.

I'd still be there but think how sh*t it would.be to have Giggs as manager. The moment he did well they'd be talking of his move to a big club..it happens anyway but it would be twice as bad with him.
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 00:22 - Sep 22 with 1618 viewsDarran

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 00:17 - Sep 22 by deanscfc

I'd still be there but think how sh*t it would.be to have Giggs as manager. The moment he did well they'd be talking of his move to a big club..it happens anyway but it would be twice as bad with him.

Keep us up then he can go back to United in the summer when Jose is sacked.

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 00:44 - Sep 22 with 1574 viewsmajorraglan

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 23:55 - Sep 21 by londonlisa2001

Since we are playing them again in three days time and given the atmosphere of the past few days us going hell for leather and losing 5 nil would have been fatal.

Still, at least you won't be bored by it again until January.

Totally agree. Some of the players on duty tonight will be required again on Saturday and getting tonked 5-0 isn't going to do anyone's confidence any good.

I think FGs got a much bigger job on his hands than most people think, the squad has lost a few key players, some are a year older and past their prime, some are out of form and our recruiting over the last few years has been poor. Not having strikers in place for preseason wasn't good. Towards the end of the transfer window I think the board realised the squad was a bit thin and in need of reinforcing, their attempts to sign players crashed and burned as the rumoured targets had better offers and there was no time to look elsewhere.

Tactically FG's more astute than a lot of our previous managers, but it's not happening for him. I was really hoping it would work out for him, but it's not going that way at the moment.

In terms of Giggs, he's worked with some big name managers and he must have learned a lot from them, but that's not a guarantee for success though- just look at the Neville boy who went to Valencia.
If the job became available, I wouldn't be sure Giggs would take it. We are struggling at the bottom, our squad has limitations and he's unlikely to get wads of cash to address the issues, turning things around is going to be hard work and he way not want to risk his reputation in case it goes Pete Tong.

We need to see some passion and fight from the players, if we can generate that then we have a chance, maybe not against City and United, but against the others we will.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2016 0:48]
Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 00:53 - Sep 22 with 1555 viewsLoyal

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 22:53 - Sep 21 by max936

If Guidolin goes then others who are equally culpable need to have their P45 to, moreso in fact ffs.

Curt ?
Who has gone very very quiet of late.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 06:03 - Sep 22 with 1388 viewsDr_Winston

This is the guy who constantly claimed that Bony was shite when he was scoring better than a goal every other game. He's got form for it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 06:40 - Sep 22 with 1361 viewsepaul

#f*ckoffgiggs #f*ckoffhuw #sellout #judas

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 06:43 - Sep 22 with 1357 viewsmarchamjack

Guidolin clearly lost at least some of the players

Lost lots of the fans too

A press going against him

Hard to see how he can carry on for any time really

Just hope it's not Giggs next

But who else realistically? No idea

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Huw wants Giggs as new manager on 06:57 - Sep 22 with 1338 viewsTheKirkyLife

The line that catches my eye is that the Yanks blocked the move. This is, by the sounds of the negative reaction in the thread, the first major YES we can give them in terms of running the club.

Just saying, Mancini is available.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024