Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL season Thread 13:31 - Sep 4 with 14756 viewsthame_hoops

Who's excited about the NFL season starting tomorrow night?

Ravens at Denver, tought being champions and having to open up on the road (thanks to the Orioles) Ravens being written off already but we now have a stronger, faster D, our play off pedigree is better than most in the last 10 years. Cant see us lifting the vince lombardi again, i think cincinatti could be a good outside bet?

San Fran from the NFC for me, the addition of Boldin at wide receiever and then id take Denver from the AFC, manning has still got it and the addition of Wes Welker is shrewd.

What are your predictions??
NFL season Thread on 10:10 - Apr 25 with 975 viewstoboboly

NFL season Thread on 10:03 - Apr 25 by stowmarketrange

Thanks.We transfer to our accommodation in the canyon on Saturday night,so its a question of whether I can get transport back to Phoenix in time.
I'll have to check if there is another boring old fart in our group of 40 who also likes the NFL.Cheers.

Games are circa 3 hours.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

NFL season Thread on 14:06 - Apr 25 with 951 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season Thread on 10:03 - Apr 25 by stowmarketrange

Thanks.We transfer to our accommodation in the canyon on Saturday night,so its a question of whether I can get transport back to Phoenix in time.
I'll have to check if there is another boring old fart in our group of 40 who also likes the NFL.Cheers.

tickets wont be on sale yet, ive always used stubhub, its excellant, you can choose various seats and then print your confirmation and ticket barcode. like anything, who they play and how well they are doing will dictate the prices, 49's game early on will be a big one, i expect the cardinals to have a good season

edit-single tickets arent on sale yet, im guessing people are putting up games they cant attend on their season ticket and selling them although you probably wont be able to receive the ticket electronically till nearer the time?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2014 14:10]
NFL season Thread on 07:57 - May 9 with 914 viewsthame_hoops

Did anybody stay up and watch the draft?

Johnny football ends up in Cleveland, wow!
NFL season Thread on 08:02 - May 9 with 912 viewsozranger

NFL season Thread on 07:57 - May 9 by thame_hoops

Did anybody stay up and watch the draft?

Johnny football ends up in Cleveland, wow!

Being a long time Brownies fan, I watched some of it on ESPN here in Oz and was extremely dismayed we passed on Watkins. Picking up Johnny Football at 22 is not too bad but we shall see. Of course, I only watched abut ten minutes or so.. gardening was more exciting.
NFL season Thread on 08:12 - May 9 with 908 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season Thread on 08:02 - May 9 by ozranger

Being a long time Brownies fan, I watched some of it on ESPN here in Oz and was extremely dismayed we passed on Watkins. Picking up Johnny Football at 22 is not too bad but we shall see. Of course, I only watched abut ten minutes or so.. gardening was more exciting.

i didnt want him to go to browns being a ravens fan we will now have to play him twice a year!

i thought it was one of the most exciting drafts ever, a bit like SSN on transfer deadline day i guess.
NFL season Thread on 08:15 - May 9 with 907 views08olesen

I am a happy man. Jets got Calvin Pryor which is a big need at safty, and he can land some serious hits! We need a WR next though!

Bortles at 3! what an error from the fools man!

Poll: Who will the other play off

NFL season Thread on 08:25 - May 9 with 900 viewsHunterhoop

NFL season Thread on 08:15 - May 9 by 08olesen

I am a happy man. Jets got Calvin Pryor which is a big need at safty, and he can land some serious hits! We need a WR next though!

Completely agree. D looking strong now this year.

J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

(What have we done in a previous life to be QPR and the Jets. 1967 and 1968 and downhill since!)
NFL season Thread on 08:37 - May 9 with 895 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season Thread on 08:15 - May 9 by 08olesen

Could be blaine gabbert all over again for the jags
Login to get fewer ads

NFL season Thread on 09:56 - May 9 with 881 views08olesen

NFL season Thread on 08:25 - May 9 by Hunterhoop

Completely agree. D looking strong now this year.

J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

(What have we done in a previous life to be QPR and the Jets. 1967 and 1968 and downhill since!)

Very true! Hopefully we will be paid for our loyalty with a promotion and a play off spot.
Could be a very good day if we win at Wigan and then get someone like Matthews in the second round.

NFL season Thread on 09:57 - May 9 with 878 viewstoboboly

How did the Ravens do?

I wanted Ha Ha(sp) as safety but he went too early I think.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

NFL season Thread on 12:01 - May 9 with 867 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season Thread on 09:57 - May 9 by toboboly

How did the Ravens do?

I wanted Ha Ha(sp) as safety but he went too early I think.

We signed a linebacker from Alabama, supposed to be a beast, probably because McLain retired otherwise I think we'd have got a tight end
NFL season Thread on 12:42 - May 9 with 854 viewsMatch82

I think the best QB in this years class was Bridgewater, great pick for the Vikings and terrifying combination alongside Peterson. You should probably all be grateful that you didn't watch the whole thing live, I swear that 90% of the conversation was about Jonny Manziel, it was incredibly tedious, and quite disrespectful to all of the other players.

Watkins is going to be a fantastic player in a couple of years at WR.
NFL season Thread on 12:54 - May 9 with 849 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season Thread on 12:42 - May 9 by Match82

I think the best QB in this years class was Bridgewater, great pick for the Vikings and terrifying combination alongside Peterson. You should probably all be grateful that you didn't watch the whole thing live, I swear that 90% of the conversation was about Jonny Manziel, it was incredibly tedious, and quite disrespectful to all of the other players.

i set my alarm at 2am and watched for an hour, picks 3-17 i think, the dallas pick was funny with the tension around manziel. rich eisen didnt shut up about him, your right, it is disrespectful. and bridgewater's stock went down due to a poor pro day, that didnt make sense to me. they said the bears were annoyed that their favoured pick went before they could snaffle him.
NFL season Thread on 14:15 - May 9 with 845 viewsTonto

sooooo happy we didnt draft Johnny Look at me.

Happy wioth the pick of Zach martin - would have liked DL, but with Barr and Donald both gone and Shazier (LB) the pick before, this was the sensible safe pick.

Thought the Vikes did welll to get bridgewater.

Jonny look at me going to were QBs go to die is very funny. God I hope that bloke flames out.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

NFL season Thread on 14:31 - May 9 with 843 viewsthame_hoops

really? i think hes awesome.
NFL season Thread on 15:35 - May 9 with 835 views08olesen

NFL season Thread on 12:42 - May 9 by Match82

Watkins is a good player but a terrible trade. The moved up 5 spots and gave the Browns a 1st round and a 4th round next year and the pick they already had. If he isnt the next Calvin Johnson they are screwed.

NFL season Thread on 15:59 - May 9 with 827 viewsMatch82

NFL season Thread on 15:35 - May 9 by 08olesen

Watkins is a good player but a terrible trade. The moved up 5 spots and gave the Browns a 1st round and a 4th round next year and the pick they already had. If he isnt the next Calvin Johnson they are screwed.

Agreed, that was a terrible trade. The Browns, shockingly, traded superbly. I don't necessarily agree with the players they ended up getting, but they got excellent value on the deals.
NFL season Thread on 16:01 - May 9 with 825 viewsMatch82

NFL season Thread on 12:54 - May 9 by thame_hoops

i set my alarm at 2am and watched for an hour, picks 3-17 i think, the dallas pick was funny with the tension around manziel. rich eisen didnt shut up about him, your right, it is disrespectful. and bridgewater's stock went down due to a poor pro day, that didnt make sense to me. they said the bears were annoyed that their favoured pick went before they could snaffle him.

Yeah, Bears wanted Donald, I figured that once the Giants didn't take him they would be able to get him.

Ah well, the more I look into the Fuller pick, the more I like it - I'm fairly happy so far but there are still a couple of big gaps on the roster.
NFL season Thread on 16:46 - May 9 with 817 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'm a Vikings fan and went to bed disgruntled at about 3.30am that we had only drafted Barr (a pretty raw linebacker) who was a bit of a reach.

Woke up delighted to find we'd traded back up for Teddy Bridgewater!

No idea why he fell so much, but with Peterson we only need average QB play to compete and Bridgewater looks pretty solid.

Watching Johnny Football's stony face as he kept dropping was the highlight for me though!
NFL season Thread on 17:38 - May 9 with 815 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season Thread on 16:46 - May 9 by adhoc_qpr

I'm a Vikings fan and went to bed disgruntled at about 3.30am that we had only drafted Barr (a pretty raw linebacker) who was a bit of a reach.

Woke up delighted to find we'd traded back up for Teddy Bridgewater!

No idea why he fell so much, but with Peterson we only need average QB play to compete and Bridgewater looks pretty solid.

Watching Johnny Football's stony face as he kept dropping was the highlight for me though!

I don't get all the hating on Manziel? He had a superb college time, heismann winner, just because he likes to party and had a personality people are on his back? He's far more charismatic than most, makes a nice change, has anyone seen Russell Wilson interviewed?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024