Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL season Thread 13:31 - Sep 4 with 14757 viewsthame_hoops

Who's excited about the NFL season starting tomorrow night?

Ravens at Denver, tought being champions and having to open up on the road (thanks to the Orioles) Ravens being written off already but we now have a stronger, faster D, our play off pedigree is better than most in the last 10 years. Cant see us lifting the vince lombardi again, i think cincinatti could be a good outside bet?

San Fran from the NFC for me, the addition of Boldin at wide receiever and then id take Denver from the AFC, manning has still got it and the addition of Wes Welker is shrewd.

What are your predictions??
NFL season Thread on 00:21 - Sep 5 with 3415 viewsLOTR

I'm going to my first ever NFL game in late December, last game of the regular season, Giants vs Redskins, really looking forward to it.

Anyone got any tips of things to do before the game(do they still have those big parties in the car park?) or bars to drink at?

I have no idea how the game works but am looking forward to it. Throw in the Miami heat a week before, New York Rangers on the 23rd and Xmas day at the Garden for the Knicks vs OKC, it's a week of American sports fest!!
NFL season Thread on 05:22 - Sep 5 with 3401 viewsTrom

Just chosen my CBS Fantasty team. Amazing fantasy where you have leagues and play against an opponent rather than just for points.
NFL season Thread on 06:41 - Sep 5 with 3367 viewsTonto

NFL season Thread on 00:21 - Sep 5 by LOTR

I'm going to my first ever NFL game in late December, last game of the regular season, Giants vs Redskins, really looking forward to it.

Anyone got any tips of things to do before the game(do they still have those big parties in the car park?) or bars to drink at?

I have no idea how the game works but am looking forward to it. Throw in the Miami heat a week before, New York Rangers on the 23rd and Xmas day at the Garden for the Knicks vs OKC, it's a week of American sports fest!!

LOTR

yes the parties (tailgate) are a big thing. There usually are some you can pay to join, Check out the internet to see if you can pay for a ticket to one. or just wonder around the car park and be amazed at what goes on. You might get an invite to join in...

The stadia are a million times better than here - if you have time (i.e the day before or after) see if you can get on a tour.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

NFL season Thread on 09:31 - Sep 5 with 3347 viewsMatch82

I'm excited.

Very open league. Think 49ers are well up there, but the loss of Crabtree is big, I don't think Boldin can fill those shoes. Denver, assuming Manning is healthy, have to be the favourites once Von Miller gets back.

Would love to tip the Bears, but need to see the new offence in action and see if the defence is as solid without Lovie Smith calling the shots.

NFC North has to be by far the most competitive division, all 4 teams would be good bets to be above .500 if they didn't have to play each other twice each...
NFL season Thread on 09:51 - Sep 5 with 3340 viewsLewes_r

NFL season Thread on 19:45 - Sep 4 by 1BobbyHazell

Yep, still tearing it up along with Art Monk's afro.

I'm a Seahawks fan of 30 years, Wilson V kaepernick, what a season ahead.

Kaepernick has great athletic ability but Russel the muscle is much smarter. We shall find out soon enough

I shall be heading to Seattle for a game this season

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

NFL season Thread on 13:55 - Sep 5 with 3324 viewsLOTR

NFL season Thread on 06:41 - Sep 5 by Tonto

LOTR

yes the parties (tailgate) are a big thing. There usually are some you can pay to join, Check out the internet to see if you can pay for a ticket to one. or just wonder around the car park and be amazed at what goes on. You might get an invite to join in...

The stadia are a million times better than here - if you have time (i.e the day before or after) see if you can get on a tour.

Thanks Tonto,

Like i say, i know NOTHING about this sport, nor do i know anything about Hockey(field or ice) know a bit about the NBA but am really going for the atmosphere, i'm 30 on the night of the Rangers game at the Garden and am out there with 6 mates, should be a cracking way to see in the dirty 30!

I'll probably put up a NYC thread nearer the time, but is there any bars people would highly recommend in Manhattan? Been there 4 times before but always end up in the same places and this time am determed to try somewhere new. Got a quick trip to Boston before New Years where we're out in Brooklyn, but for 23rd-26th it's Manhattan so thought maybe a few on here would know the score.
NFL season Thread on 14:22 - Sep 5 with 3307 viewsTonto

The game i went to was in Dallas as Im a Cowboys fan.

For bars in manhatten, just looko at the tour guides - they are pretty good.

NFL season Thread on 14:57 - Sep 5 with 3303 viewstoboboly

NFL season Thread on 06:41 - Sep 5 by Tonto

LOTR

Went to the baseball in Philadelphia a few years ago and was invited to a tailgate with a bunch of 19/20 year old girls.

Had a wonderful time

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

NFL season Thread on 17:58 - Sep 5 with 3280 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season Thread on 14:57 - Sep 5 by toboboly

Went to the baseball in Philadelphia a few years ago and was invited to a tailgate with a bunch of 19/20 year old girls.

Had a wonderful time

Did you try the wings?
NFL season Thread on 07:04 - Sep 6 with 3264 viewsthame_hoops

Holy 'Peyton Manning' Batman
NFL season Thread on 01:12 - Sep 7 with 3231 viewsSeth_Gecko

Bit of a disaster last night. It was always going to go down the sh*tter after the injuries to Oher and Jones.

Highlight was definitely Trevathan's 'touchdown' - would've been funnier had the scores been closer.

Everybody be cool, you be cool...

NFL season Thread on 08:45 - Sep 7 with 3222 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season Thread on 01:12 - Sep 7 by Seth_Gecko

Bit of a disaster last night. It was always going to go down the sh*tter after the injuries to Oher and Jones.

Highlight was definitely Trevathan's 'touchdown' - would've been funnier had the scores been closer.

Lol that was funny!

Jones is out for 4-6 weeks, a big loss.

Can't wait for tomorrow's games, think ill watch cinci @ bears then pack@ 49s

Anyone else subscribe to game pass? It's excellent, I wonder if the premier league will ever go that way?
NFL season Thread on 09:29 - Sep 7 with 3217 viewsLewes_r

NFL season Thread on 08:45 - Sep 7 by thame_hoops

Lol that was funny!

Jones is out for 4-6 weeks, a big loss.

Can't wait for tomorrow's games, think ill watch cinci @ bears then pack@ 49s

Anyone else subscribe to game pass? It's excellent, I wonder if the premier league will ever go that way?

Yes i have gamepass. Great stuff. Wish they would show playoffs even if just on delayed feed

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

NFL season Thread on 10:24 - Sep 7 with 3209 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season Thread on 09:29 - Sep 7 by Lewes_r

Yes i have gamepass. Great stuff. Wish they would show playoffs even if just on delayed feed

It does show playoffs, you need a season+ subscription. A shame about the blackout games though as I don't have sky so I stream
NFL season Thread on 10:12 - Sep 17 with 3161 viewsthame_hoops

so.....two weeks gone, Bronco's look good, new england are limping, seattle had a great win, cowboys flatter to deceive again!

Best game of the weekend was the bears, a great end to end game.

biggest shock for me so far is pittsburgh 0-2.

so who's heading to wembley a week sunday?
NFL season Thread on 11:27 - Sep 17 with 3001 viewsDaBurgh

NFL season Thread on 15:43 - Sep 4 by Tonto

Didnt take long for the haters to get involved. they just cant resist can they?

Anyway:

This is one of the most open seasons for a while. Yes the usual suspects are there or there abouts, but there has been some guard chaning. The NFC West is a beast of a division with the 49ers and Seahawks. Picking the winner of the NFC east is pick a colour from 4. About the only division I will confidently repdict is the AFC East where the Pats will walk it again.

Its a shame the NFL continues to take the fun out of the game - more clamp down on celebrations and certain hits, but after settling the concussion law suit I supose you cant blame them for the second one.

my thoughts on the season:
Will Peyton Manning last? If he does Denver have a chance, but that neck is horrible and has been causing problems again
Who is the bigger joke? the Jets or the Raiders?
Can the Texans actually win a play off game?
Can the Cowboys make the playoffs and not choke in December?
now that Sam Bradford actually has someone to throw to, will be become a decent QB?

all will be revealed...

Not a hater at all. I was born and bred in Pittsburgh and enjoyed the golden era of the 'city of champions' during the 70's. Steelers, Pirates (baseball), Penguins (hockey) and even the Panthers (university of Pittsburgh football team) were kicking all sorts of arse and won multiple championships during the decade. Still can't forget the titanic steelers struggles with the likes of Baltimore, Minnesota and Oakland, great stuff.
It is just when i watch it today i get bored with the tedious verbal hysterical diarrhea of the announcers, the stop/start of the game and the mind numbing american (buy loads of crap you don't need) type commercials. Give me Vin Scully and John Madden ( yeah i know he was a bit hysterical as well) any day.

Cant wait for the 6 nations, now there is real contact sport.
NFL season Thread on 12:05 - Sep 29 with 2911 viewsthame_hoops

Who's going to Wembley today? What jersey will you be wearing?

Tailgate from 12:00, it's going to be off the hoooooooook
NFL season Thread on 12:20 - Sep 29 with 2904 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

NFL season Thread on 12:05 - Sep 29 by thame_hoops

Who's going to Wembley today? What jersey will you be wearing?

Tailgate from 12:00, it's going to be off the hoooooooook

NFL isn't my game at all, but I know of someone who IS a fan.

So, if you're going to Wembley today, keep an eye out for Niko, because I'd lay money that (if tickets were available) he'll be there!
NFL season Thread on 15:28 - Sep 29 with 2888 viewsAgedR

NFL season Thread on 12:20 - Sep 29 by OnlyHereForTheNiko

NFL isn't my game at all, but I know of someone who IS a fan.

So, if you're going to Wembley today, keep an eye out for Niko, because I'd lay money that (if tickets were available) he'll be there!

Can I suggest Glen Close for your avatar?

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

NFL season Thread on 16:59 - Sep 29 with 2876 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

NFL season Thread on 15:28 - Sep 29 by AgedR

Can I suggest Glen Close for your avatar?

I'm quite sure that Niko knows I'd never harm a hair on his pretty little head ..... or boil his bunny!
NFL season Thread on 10:25 - Oct 9 with 2819 viewsthame_hoops

3 games at wembley next season!

Lots of haters on the readers comments here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-2450233/NFL-stage-THREE-GAMES-Wembl
NFL season Thread on 11:08 - Oct 9 with 2804 viewstoboboly

A friend is a massive Raiders fan. Think he did a sex wee last night!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

NFL season Thread on 11:58 - Oct 9 with 2790 viewsTonto

I was a little surprised bothe the raiders and Falcons were willing to come over - I hadnt realiosed they were having issues selling out.

Still no chance of the Cowboys ever coming over though

NFL season Thread on 12:38 - Oct 9 with 2779 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season Thread on 11:58 - Oct 9 by Tonto

I was a little surprised bothe the raiders and Falcons were willing to come over - I hadnt realiosed they were having issues selling out.

Still no chance of the Cowboys ever coming over though

Do the cowboys not play any of the 3 teams then? Ravens don't, I'd like to see Indy
Or texans
NFL season Thread on 13:41 - Oct 9 with 2774 viewsTonto

NFL season Thread on 12:38 - Oct 9 by thame_hoops

Do the cowboys not play any of the 3 teams then? Ravens don't, I'd like to see Indy
Or texans

Cowboys are the cash cow of the league - highest home attendance of the year pretty much guaranteed as there are supporters everywhere. Therefore no one will give up a home game against the Boys.

Plus jerry Jones is an outspoken opponent of the London games and has waaaay to much influence with Godell.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024