Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Utd fans in home end? 11:43 - Feb 22 with 12331 viewsHayesender

If you're sat next to a utd fan who celebrates a goal on Saturday will you

A, Ignore

B, Tell a steward

C, Tell him to sit the feck down

D, Give him a slap

E, Something else

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Utd fans in home end? on 11:23 - Feb 24 with 1435 viewsroleybirkin

Utd fans in home end? on 09:22 - Feb 24 by tiberiuskirk

PB's profit before all else, is contributing to all that is wrong this season. I fear the model that is being followed by the club is that of that soulless s++t hole down the road stamford bridge. Scum mark two is not for me !

My thoughts are this.
The decision to have the Lower Loft as the family stand and ousting lifelong rangers fans was poor bordering on ridiculous.
It has taken the 'home end' roar away from loftus road and has cost QPR a number of points this season. The Phil Beard decision may even have single handedly relegated the club. (Anyone there yesterday will have witnessed Man U fans roaring Man U on. I was ashamed as QPR fans sat silent)
The fans forum was just one opportunity for Phil Beard to understand how poor his decision has been viewed and he needs to rectify this in time for the start of our Championship campaign next August.
I did suggest to him pre season and would suggest again that the Loftus Road end be given over to home fans only. The Lower school end should become our 'family stand' and the Upper school end should be given to home fans also.
My point is that we need to give every legitimate advantage we possibly can to QPR and having home fans behind each goal is taking that advantage.
The Ellerslie Raod stand is the single worst stand in the premier league. It is simply a disgrace and quite frankly a health and safety risk. (Not sure how it can get any sort of heath certificate) Away fans should occupy the one end of this rusty old wreck of a shed. Give them the poorest facilities we have and let the rangers fans roar on the team from behind the goals.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Utd fans in home end? on 11:38 - Feb 24 with 1409 viewsted_hendrix

Utd fans in home end? on 11:23 - Feb 24 by roleybirkin

My thoughts are this.
The decision to have the Lower Loft as the family stand and ousting lifelong rangers fans was poor bordering on ridiculous.
It has taken the 'home end' roar away from loftus road and has cost QPR a number of points this season. The Phil Beard decision may even have single handedly relegated the club. (Anyone there yesterday will have witnessed Man U fans roaring Man U on. I was ashamed as QPR fans sat silent)
The fans forum was just one opportunity for Phil Beard to understand how poor his decision has been viewed and he needs to rectify this in time for the start of our Championship campaign next August.
I did suggest to him pre season and would suggest again that the Loftus Road end be given over to home fans only. The Lower school end should become our 'family stand' and the Upper school end should be given to home fans also.
My point is that we need to give every legitimate advantage we possibly can to QPR and having home fans behind each goal is taking that advantage.
The Ellerslie Raod stand is the single worst stand in the premier league. It is simply a disgrace and quite frankly a health and safety risk. (Not sure how it can get any sort of heath certificate) Away fans should occupy the one end of this rusty old wreck of a shed. Give them the poorest facilities we have and let the rangers fans roar on the team from behind the goals.

Anybody who was in the lower loft for the Oldham play off game will tell you that the noise and atmosphere was incredible.
That wasn't the only game to reach that standard by any means but LR used to be almost famous as a ground for atmosphere.
It hasn't been anywhere near that for donkeys years apart from maybe the chelshit game last season.
Moving life long fans out of the lower loft was a wrong un.
Maybe a sign of the times

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Utd fans in home end? on 11:59 - Feb 24 with 1374 viewsroleybirkin

Utd fans in home end? on 11:38 - Feb 24 by ted_hendrix

Anybody who was in the lower loft for the Oldham play off game will tell you that the noise and atmosphere was incredible.
That wasn't the only game to reach that standard by any means but LR used to be almost famous as a ground for atmosphere.
It hasn't been anywhere near that for donkeys years apart from maybe the chelshit game last season.

It is not a sign of the times. Not sure what that statement actually means?
It was just a poor decision that can be changed.
Utd fans in home end? on 13:47 - Feb 24 with 1306 viewsbatmanhoop

I would hazard a guess and say there was quite a few Utd. fans in the home ends. Saw the usual suspects mooching about SA Road stand
Utd fans in home end? on 14:22 - Feb 24 with 1271 viewscheeseydane

I see we still have chelseafanwannabees amongst us.

It would be laughable, if it wasnt so sad.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Utd fans in home end? on 16:29 - Feb 24 with 1185 viewsngbqpr

Utd fans in home end? on 11:38 - Feb 24 by ted_hendrix

As you say Ted, hasn't been like that in the LL for years - in fact since well before the decision last summer.

I do think that decision (and especially the way it was executed) was plain stupid...but must admit I don't buy all these posts about how we've killed off some hostile LL atmosphere.

I'm not a great one for remembering the exact years subtle changes in crowd dynamics took place - but I'm convinced the LL hasn't been that vocal for several years. P (upper) Q R are the noisiset on a most consistent level....other parts of the UL sometimes join in...I've seen pockets of vocal support in A, F/G and X...but not the LL

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Utd fans in home end? on 16:45 - Feb 24 with 1150 viewsWanderR

And how many Rangers fans were there in the Watford home end during our promotion season showing absolutely no respect?

Pot kettle black.

Current location: OX10

Utd fans in home end? on 16:46 - Feb 24 with 1148 viewsRangersw12

Utd fans in home end? on 16:45 - Feb 24 by WanderR

And how many Rangers fans were there in the Watford home end during our promotion season showing absolutely no respect?

Pot kettle black.

Not really if they got a slap nobody would of moaned
Login to get fewer ads

Utd fans in home end? on 16:46 - Feb 24 with 1148 viewsRangersw12

Utd fans in home end? on 16:45 - Feb 24 by WanderR

Pot kettle black.

Not really if they got a slap nobody would of moaned its the risk you take
Utd fans in home end? on 17:07 - Feb 24 with 1128 viewsloftboy

Utd fans in home end? on 16:46 - Feb 24 by Rangersw12

Not really if they got a slap nobody would of moaned its the risk you take

Why is it ok to slap people in a football ground?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Utd fans in home end? on 17:09 - Feb 24 with 1121 viewsRangersw12

Utd fans in home end? on 17:07 - Feb 24 by loftboy

Why is it ok to slap people in a football ground?

I'm not saying it is just that if people are in the wrong end and celebrate then some people will get the hump football is a tribal sport
Utd fans in home end? on 17:24 - Feb 24 with 1101 viewsbatmanhoop

my mate and his son were in the watford end but kept quiet, he reckons the watford around him sussed he was rangers but did'nt bother them
Utd fans in home end? on 17:46 - Feb 24 with 1073 viewsQPR1882

Funny thing is when a lack of tickets means Qpr fans have to go in home sections Watford,Chelsea,Fulham etc it's ok. When others do it at HQ it's not on.

The fickle life of a football fan.
Utd fans in home end? on 17:58 - Feb 24 with 1049 viewsqueensparker

I took my eight-year-old godson yesterday to sit in my brother's season ticket seat as brother was ill (we've had the same seats since the late-80s). He wanted United to win (he's only little, I'm working on him), and said so a few times, but luckily everyone around us thought it was funny.

Anyone think he deserved a slap too?

Jesus, I know it's been a bad season but let's hang onto our decency as a club. A load of nobs invading the home ends and causing trouble a la Portsmouth fair enough, but piling in on young lads / kids because they're in the home end is, as said, Chelsea behaviour.

I've sat in plenty of away ends in my time, as I'm sure has everyone else who goes to games. It's part of it. Keep your head down and you're fine.
Utd fans in home end? on 18:03 - Feb 24 with 1040 viewsRangersw12

Utd fans in home end? on 17:58 - Feb 24 by queensparker

I took my eight-year-old godson yesterday to sit in my brother's season ticket seat as brother was ill (we've had the same seats since the late-80s). He wanted United to win (he's only little, I'm working on him), and said so a few times, but luckily everyone around us thought it was funny.

Anyone think he deserved a slap too?

Jesus, I know it's been a bad season but let's hang onto our decency as a club. A load of nobs invading the home ends and causing trouble a la Portsmouth fair enough, but piling in on young lads / kids because they're in the home end is, as said, Chelsea behaviour.

I've sat in plenty of away ends in my time, as I'm sure has everyone else who goes to games. It's part of it. Keep your head down and you're fine.

Who has said kids deserve a slap

don't understand why you have to make it personal just to try and get your point across

Utd fans in home end? on 18:14 - Feb 24 with 1023 viewsqueensparker

Utd fans in home end? on 18:03 - Feb 24 by Rangersw12

Who has said kids deserve a slap

don't understand why you have to make it personal just to try and get your point across

I'm not having a go at you mate or anyone on this thread, just reacting to this from Loftboy:

Young lad sat right in front of me about 16 years old, sat quietly the whole game, was with a couple of girls, bloke who sits a couple of rows behind ran down and attacked him, bang out of order IMHO, he was only a kid and kept his mouth shut.
Utd fans in home end? on 18:23 - Feb 24 with 1007 viewssmegma

Utd fans in home end? on 22:14 - Feb 23 by Landofoz89

I'm sorry, you do not applaud away goal in the loft!!!

Well I also applauded Platts goal that night. Not immediately, mind, but it was a goal from the top drawer. Must've been 40 yards out by the ellerslie touchline.
Utd fans in home end? on 18:43 - Feb 24 with 987 viewstiberiuskirk

My thoughts are this.

Thanks roleybirkin 100% on the button, and the Ellerslie Road stand is truly an utter disgrace, and i may add too, that those of us relocated out of the lower loft into the ellerslie, will have to pay a much higher rate for next season for what is a far worse product !

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

Utd fans in home end? on 18:48 - Feb 24 with 975 viewsRangersw12

Utd fans in home end? on 18:14 - Feb 24 by queensparker

I'm not having a go at you mate or anyone on this thread, just reacting to this from Loftboy:

Young lad sat right in front of me about 16 years old, sat quietly the whole game, was with a couple of girls, bloke who sits a couple of rows behind ran down and attacked him, bang out of order IMHO, he was only a kid and kept his mouth shut.

Apologies mate

Utd fans in home end? on 22:41 - Feb 24 with 871 viewsbatmanhoop

Utd fans in home end? on 22:09 - Feb 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I've applauded away goals from the Loft before. Not often, but I have. David Platt's springs to mind. Good football deserves respect. there was a reason we were respected once.

remember that one, total silence and then when it dawned on us what a great goal it was spontaneous applause, Platt responded by bowing to all sides of the ground
Utd fans in home end? on 23:04 - Feb 24 with 846 viewsdaveB

i don't think the lower loft being a family stand makes a jot of difference to the atmosphere, the atmosphere was crap in the lower loft long before that was changed and is always crap when we're losing which has been quite often this season

Utd fans in home end? on 23:07 - Feb 24 with 841 viewstoemasher

My thoughts are this.

While I agree with the idea of giving the away fans the X block. The rest of your points are plain bollocks, in my humble opinion
Utd fans in home end? on 23:20 - Feb 24 with 1204 viewsNorthernr

Utd fans in home end? on 17:46 - Feb 24 by QPR1882

Funny thing is when a lack of tickets means Qpr fans have to go in home sections Watford,Chelsea,Fulham etc it's ok. When others do it at HQ it's not on.

The fickle life of a football fan.

There's an etiquette to it though that Man Utd and Liverpool fans just don't seem to get. We've all had to sit in an opposition stand at some point - I was in with the Oldham fans for the away leg of the play off semi - but you have to sit there, say nothing, not wear colours and do not under any circumstances celebrate your team's goals. That's for three reasons - one you're quite likely to get a slap if you do anything else, two it says on the back of the ticket you're likely to be ejected from the ground if you do anything else, and three there's a respect element here about being in another team's end.

And yes I thought the QPR fans who piled into the Watford fans and jumped around should have shown a bit more respect - mitigating circumstances were that Watford's season was long since over and Watford were small minded in only giving us 1,800 tickets when we could and should have had that whole end.
Utd fans in home end? on 01:17 - Feb 25 with 1155 viewsSonofNorfolt

If you are a regular football watcher you should know of the the pretty bleedin' obvious unwritten rule of not gobbing off when sitting in the oppositions end unless you are at least a Lonsdale belt holder.
Women and children and maybe foreigners excepted, if you cheer excessively an away goal without any remorse once noticed ( usually about 0.1 seconds) you usually deserve it.
Utd fans in home end? on 13:34 - Feb 25 with 1020 viewsQPunkR

Agreed on the subject of away fans in the home end - shouldn't usually happen just for some people, and I'm really not having a go at anyone here, buying a ST mainly as a fund-raising excercise.
Also, if said away fan doesn't take the pi$$, they should be allowed to remain un-slapped. As said by others, we've all done it before. Me and 5 mates were in the Chelscum end for that FA Cup game a few years back (the Camp own goal) and knew to sit on our hands. Got no trouble. You could tell all the QPR fans in the home end by spaces where no-one stood up when that goal went in.
As an aside, I clearly remember the away fans repeatedly chanting 'we won't be signing you' at Sheidt-Phillips. If only that had stayed true!!

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024