Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Utd fans in home end? 11:43 - Feb 22 with 12328 viewsHayesender

If you're sat next to a utd fan who celebrates a goal on Saturday will you

A, Ignore

B, Tell a steward

C, Tell him to sit the feck down

D, Give him a slap

E, Something else

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Utd fans in home end? on 16:21 - Feb 22 with 1291 viewsMoonshineSteve

Utd fans in home end? on 15:46 - Feb 22 by PinnerPaul

so if we stay up you've given up the big games to get enough money together to buy a S/t to see......the big games?

OR are you seriously saying that a S/T is good value withOUT the big games?

Madness!

I think the point is that if you are willing to sacrifice the big games, then you are getting the not-big games for free, or closer to it.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Utd fans in home end? on 16:25 - Feb 22 with 1275 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

Utd fans in home end? on 16:13 - Feb 22 by Trance_Trousers

Sold mine for £100 2 weeks back will receive £88 back.

Could`t give a shite what people thought.

have you really got a black cock?
i'd like to meet you
only in non gay curiosity kind of way

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Utd fans in home end? on 16:40 - Feb 22 with 1250 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Utd fans in home end? on 15:40 - Feb 22 by Rangersw12

Viagogo is basically a legal ticket tout agency , why the club use them is beyond belief and sooner or later it will cause grief

As for the op would have to be D for me anyone who jumps up in the opposition stands deserves a slap

Agree with the first part completely.

Not the second, though. No point getting banned. Besides, how many of them really know it's the home end?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Utd fans in home end? on 16:54 - Feb 22 with 1223 viewsessextaxiboy

Utd fans in home end? on 12:37 - Feb 22 by Toast_R

Sold season tickets x2 and over got £200. I don't know if their UTD or not. Probably but if they really wanna go that bad then fair play.
The club have made this season thoroughly miserable so I'm cashing in where I can.

To be honest I sold my Liverpool ones for same and will probably do likewise with Arsenal. Will pay for my ST next season.

Not even fussed about missing tomorrow infact it's a relief.

If they are sitting near me and I work them out then I will tell a steward straight off .

If Utd score as quick as last year then they will pay around 50 quid a minute. Mind the steps on the way out.
Utd fans in home end? on 16:56 - Feb 22 with 1217 viewsdaveB

bit of an eye opener this thread, I am genuinely shocked at how many are selling their own seats to man Utd fans.
Utd fans in home end? on 16:56 - Feb 22 with 1216 viewsTrance_Trousers

Utd fans in home end? on 16:25 - Feb 22 by Kendo_Nagasaki

have you really got a black cock?
i'd like to meet you
only in non gay curiosity kind of way

Nope it`s faded and not looking remotely as perky as it did back yonder.

And meeting you in a non gay way is highly unlikely, it always turns out gay.

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Utd fans in home end? on 17:04 - Feb 22 with 1203 viewsAntti_Heinola

Utd fans in home end? on 15:09 - Feb 22 by Toast_R

I understand the sentiment I really do but what would you have Season ticket holders who cannot make the game do exactly?

The club do not offer refunds where they will re-circulate a ticket for general sale. (What do they care they've sold it anyway).

The only other option is to use Viagogo which QPR actively encourage.

I have on one occasion given my other halfs ticket to someone I arranged to meet outside before the match for £20 (West Ham home). But as I'm also not going Saturday that option is not viable.

So your saying for the sake that someone might have to sit next to an opposition supporter or a crazed neutral Ji Sung Park fan, I should leave my two seats empty and not take the £200 on offer?

Hmmm.

Toast I really did make an effort to tell you i was just joking. I really tried. i totally understand mate, don't worry about it ;)

Bare bones.

Utd fans in home end? on 17:06 - Feb 22 with 1200 viewsMarc

Utd fans in home end? on 16:56 - Feb 22 by daveB

bit of an eye opener this thread, I am genuinely shocked at how many are selling their own seats to man Utd fans.

Indeed Dave, and willing to put opposition fans next to fellow R's they have may have sat next to for years all because a bit of capitalist greed.

Could ruin friendships.

And for someone that said business is business, you a tout or a football fan?
Login to get fewer ads

Utd fans in home end? on 17:17 - Feb 22 with 1176 viewsessextaxiboy

Utd fans in home end? on 15:09 - Feb 22 by Toast_R

I understand the sentiment I really do but what would you have Season ticket holders who cannot make the game do exactly?

The club do not offer refunds where they will re-circulate a ticket for general sale. (What do they care they've sold it anyway).

The only other option is to use Viagogo which QPR actively encourage.

I have on one occasion given my other halfs ticket to someone I arranged to meet outside before the match for £20 (West Ham home). But as I'm also not going Saturday that option is not viable.

So your saying for the sake that someone might have to sit next to an opposition supporter or a crazed neutral Ji Sung Park fan, I should leave my two seats empty and not take the £200 on offer?

Hmmm.

I have a brother in law who is a Rangers fan so I just give it away . If he cant go my seat stays empty .
I wouldnt do it to the people I have sat with for years .

Why cant the club set up a simple online auction with bidders password protected and approved by them , they could take a percentage or something .
Utd fans in home end? on 17:37 - Feb 22 with 1145 viewsNorthernr

I suspect if one of those cnts ends up sitting near me tomorrow they'll be wishing they hadn't bothered pretty quickly. Club need to knock this viagogo bullsht on the head and find a proper way of QPR fans exchanging tickets with other QPR fans.
Utd fans in home end? on 17:40 - Feb 22 with 1141 viewsMarc

Utd fans in home end? on 17:37 - Feb 22 by Northernr

I suspect if one of those cnts ends up sitting near me tomorrow they'll be wishing they hadn't bothered pretty quickly. Club need to knock this viagogo bullsht on the head and find a proper way of QPR fans exchanging tickets with other QPR fans.

Surely it could easily done on the official online ticketing site. This would mean any % viagogo currently receive would go straight to the club.
Utd fans in home end? on 17:54 - Feb 22 with 1128 viewsloftboy

How many people whingeing were or knew people who were in the home ends at Watford that day, compared to twenty years ago there's a very small percentage of away fans in the home ends, done it loads of times myself in the old days of being kept in, purely to avoid missing trains, keep your self to your self and don't cheer then it shouldn't be a problem.
Newcastle last season I spent the entire game chatting to a pair of Geordies sat in front of me.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Utd fans in home end? on 18:05 - Feb 22 with 1118 viewsHayesender

Utd fans in home end? on 17:54 - Feb 22 by loftboy

How many people whingeing were or knew people who were in the home ends at Watford that day, compared to twenty years ago there's a very small percentage of away fans in the home ends, done it loads of times myself in the old days of being kept in, purely to avoid missing trains, keep your self to your self and don't cheer then it shouldn't be a problem.
Newcastle last season I spent the entire game chatting to a pair of Geordies sat in front of me.

Nowt wrong with sitting in the home end, done it plenty of times myself over the years.

But have a bit of respect for your surroundings

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Utd fans in home end? on 18:25 - Feb 22 with 1095 viewswittle

over the last 10/15 years i couldnt give my season ticket away if i couldnt make a fixture such as hartlepool,barnsley or crewe ,so i feel no shame at making a few quid when utd roll into town. Its the clubs fault that they dont have a better system for passing on tickets.
Utd fans in home end? on 19:08 - Feb 22 with 1074 viewssoupandhoop

Utd fans in home end? on 18:05 - Feb 22 by Hayesender

Nowt wrong with sitting in the home end, done it plenty of times myself over the years.

But have a bit of respect for your surroundings

spot on KEEP YA GOB SHUT
Utd fans in home end?u on 20:15 - Feb 22 with 1026 viewsHarbour

Yes if a united git is sitting next to me tomorrow in the upper loft I will get the stewards to throw the barstard out do not want manure tourists in the home end have some respect.
Utd fans in home end? on 21:07 - Feb 22 with 995 viewsstowmarketrange

How can the club justify kicking long term supporters out of the lower loft to make a family stand only to potentially have it half full of away fans?
And the attitude of some of our so called fans in encouraging any potential disturbances are a f--king disgrace and they should hang their heads in shame.
Utd fans in home end? on 21:55 - Feb 22 with 977 viewspaulparker

Utd fans in home end? on 21:07 - Feb 22 by stowmarketrange

How can the club justify kicking long term supporters out of the lower loft to make a family stand only to potentially have it half full of away fans?
And the attitude of some of our so called fans in encouraging any potential disturbances are a f--king disgrace and they should hang their heads in shame.

+1
if we are not careful we could end up with a neutral end like our neighbours from up the road , its an absolute farce
BTW these fans flogging their tickets to the highest bidder , please dont have a pop in the future about the atmosphere being crap at HQ
cos if we keep giving tickets to daytrippers, tourists & away fans its going to be sh&t

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Utd fans in home end? on 22:38 - Feb 22 with 950 viewsNorthernr

Utd fans in home end? on 21:55 - Feb 22 by paulparker

+1
if we are not careful we could end up with a neutral end like our neighbours from up the road , its an absolute farce
BTW these fans flogging their tickets to the highest bidder , please dont have a pop in the future about the atmosphere being crap at HQ
cos if we keep giving tickets to daytrippers, tourists & away fans its going to be sh&t

And no doubt should a situation like the Leeds match ever arise again we'll be besieged with threads on here about how outrageous it is that so and so can't get a ticket and how unbelievable it is that x can't get a ticket and my mate's been going to Rangers for 150 years and can't get a ticket....
Utd fans in home end? on 00:16 - Feb 23 with 900 viewsqueensparker

Just another sad example of how money is ruining the game. That's not a dig at anyone that flogged their tickets either. When a season ticket goes from £200 to £600 in a few years and you can get £200 back for missing out on one single game which all evidence suggests will be another frustrating waste of time (see Ted's thread), it's understandable, especially as everyone's skint.

I've had a season ticket for decades, and as everyone has said you couldn't give it away until this year. Everything's too expensive now
Utd fans in home end? on 01:49 - Feb 23 with 877 viewshamptonhillhoop

Utd fans in home end? on 12:27 - Feb 22 by Deano19766

It's your ticket which you have paid for, so you should quite rightly be able to sell it to who you like for however much you like. It's a free market.

As another poster says, it works in rugby where fans mix. It also works in cricket. Yes you want your team to win, but no harm in mixing with the oppo fans for some good natured banter. I think football fans need to grow up to be honest........

In your ideal world. Yes, we all mix together like lovely people. Rugby is the way forward. Football fans are all yobs. Too much passion and tribalism amongst them. I live near twickenham and have to put up with this rugby union crap all the time. If that's what you want from your football then your welcome to it. I'll be in the bar. If its fair to sell your ticket to a man utd fan in our family stand and you think that's justified because someone's willing to pay for it then good luck to you. David Cameron loves you
Utd fans in home end? on 01:59 - Feb 23 with 871 viewsWatford_Ranger

Have you seen the people that demand rugby union be put on in pubs? If that is the sort of football fan we should aspire to then it won't be worth it any more. Anybody celebrating a goal in the opposition end deserves a punch to the face. Not a severe beating but enough to shut them up. I've celebrated in the opposition end and sometimes gotten away with it, sometimes not, but you know that's the risk you take for putting yourself in that situation.
Utd fans in home end? on 03:45 - Feb 23 with 861 viewswood_hoop

Utd fans in home end? on 00:16 - Feb 23 by queensparker

Just another sad example of how money is ruining the game. That's not a dig at anyone that flogged their tickets either. When a season ticket goes from £200 to £600 in a few years and you can get £200 back for missing out on one single game which all evidence suggests will be another frustrating waste of time (see Ted's thread), it's understandable, especially as everyone's skint.

I've had a season ticket for decades, and as everyone has said you couldn't give it away until this year. Everything's too expensive now

queensparker echo's many of us, season ticket holder for years when we were really just another small time club in the lower reaches.

I work through the night, difficult to get to games now , buying a season S/T is just not justifiable, and only able to go to games on a much more infrequent basis.

Could say there are many of us 'time served' and for whatever circumstances unable to go to as many games as would like, of course the 'big games' are those that will be the most popular and tickets are harder to get through the usual offical channels, I have looked at Viago site when able to maybe attend a game, horrified to see the prices asked of what is supposed to be a site for 'fellow' fans.

I have no objection to the price of a few drinks being added to a ticket, I would do this for any ticket holder who may have a spare, but as Viago are only supposed to sell to QPR fans who are on our database it seems this rule is being openly flouted, for those making a killing, maybe justified by the ridiculus amounts of money some are prepared to spend watching a game of football and in these hard times every penny counts, just a shame some real supporters of our club are being priced out even when tickets do become available.

As for away support, tradition is away support have an allocated end/corner, this gives the majority of the seating to the home fans, who all have something in common, the odd infiltartor is not a problem as long as they keep it low key.

To sell swathes of tickets in home ends to away fans however is totally wrong, it changes the atmosphere in the stadium and though many might be quite ok to have a drink with in the pub before hand, football is tribal by nature and I want to be in the midst of my tribe while watching a game.

Utd fans in home end? on 06:15 - Feb 23 with 839 viewsbatmanhoop

I've seen the consequences of having away fans larging it in the home section, Sheffield Utd., Pompey. I've given up my tickets before, but only to fellow r's and not for profit
Utd fans in home end? on 08:01 - Feb 23 with 1798 viewssmegma

Utd fans in home end? on 21:07 - Feb 22 by stowmarketrange

Well said.

The fixtures came out in June. I knew I was going to be at every home game this season as I have a season ticket.Like I've done the past 24 seasons. Last time I missed a home game was about 11 years ago the day my mother decided to pass away.As much as I tried I couldn't cope so gave my ST to a neighbour. We drew 2-2 against Plymouth.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024