Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Soft 17:19 - Jan 21 with 10381 viewsHunterhoop

Not much more to be said. Front 4 for that last 30 were the worst offenders. Hiding. Not tracking runners. Roberts couldn’t have sold Kakay down the river any more unless he’d been slipping in the passes himself.

This group of “professionals” have got to sort out their attitude and mentality. You can’t only play when it’s going well. The only adversity we faced today was missing our own chances, and we then folded.
Soft on 17:25 - Jan 21 with 5234 viewsDamo1962

Sad to hear that after last week. Then again, looking at Reading's result today...tells you a lot about our performance and result last week. When are we going to start signing some players with professional pride in their performances?
Soft on 17:27 - Jan 21 with 5228 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

What game were u watching!? They were dead on their feet out there.
Soft on 17:32 - Jan 21 with 5153 viewsDamo1962

Soft on 17:27 - Jan 21 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Why were they dead on their feet? They are obviously not fit enough. Swansea seemed to last well enough.
Soft on 17:35 - Jan 21 with 5153 viewsHunterhoop

Absolute nonsense. Swansea offered nothing for 70 mins. They just passes it sideways in their half. They gifted us 3 chances on a plate in their final third.

I’m not saying they didn’t run, but they are soft. They cannot handle any adversity even a missed chance.
Soft on 17:41 - Jan 21 with 5095 viewsdavman

Soft on 17:35 - Jan 21 by Hunterhoop

Absolute nonsense. Swansea offered nothing for 70 mins. They just passes it sideways in their half. They gifted us 3 chances on a plate in their final third.

I’m not saying they didn’t run, but they are soft. They cannot handle any adversity even a missed chance.

Shouldn't have scored those chances that fell to Lowe then and we'd have won at a canter. Lowe cost us today...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Soft on 17:48 - Jan 21 with 5042 viewsParkRoyalR

Chair + Lowe were blowing but kept running,

Roberts was very disciplined for 1st 25 minutes minding Manning, less so second 20 minutes but basically downed tools and stopping tracking in 2nd Half, left Kakay exposed which is just not good enough,

Like Ozzie but maybe should have been tighter too, fine margins but Critchley should have had Roberts off on 60 minutes.
Soft on 17:51 - Jan 21 with 5007 viewsHunterhoop

Soft on 17:48 - Jan 21 by ParkRoyalR

Chair + Lowe were blowing but kept running,

Roberts was very disciplined for 1st 25 minutes minding Manning, less so second 20 minutes but basically downed tools and stopping tracking in 2nd Half, left Kakay exposed which is just not good enough,

Like Ozzie but maybe should have been tighter too, fine margins but Critchley should have had Roberts off on 60 minutes.

Absolutely spot on. Roberts completely downed tools the last half hour. Bloke can f*ck off. No interest in him staying here. All the talent and physical attributes but no effort or interest. Does not care about us.
Soft on 17:55 - Jan 21 with 4966 viewsessextaxiboy

I thought it was as a decent performance , but we repeated the Sheff Utd performance of going deeper and deeper inviting them on until we crack . Of course if you take your chances it doesn’t matter too much .
Login to get fewer ads

Soft on 17:58 - Jan 21 with 4942 viewsEastR

We won the first half one nil

They changed formation at half time, went to a back 3 and 2 wing backs. We made no tactical changes to address that and we're on the back foot, particularly when they made their 2 subs who had a positive impact

Having said that, you can't turn down the chances they presented to us and hope to win

They won the second half

We can only blame our collective selves, including the manager for not reacting sooner

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Soft on 18:01 - Jan 21 with 4919 viewsBlackCrowe

Game should've been out of reach but when it wasn't knew they were going to equalise.

Agree with comments on Roberts - got some talent but ultimately a lazy attitude.
Ilias looks off as well, hopeless corners, decision making in open wrong...needs his mojo back. Defence looked solid i thought. We look like a mid-table team at the moment.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Soft on 18:01 - Jan 21 with 4913 viewsStanisgod

Soft on 17:41 - Jan 21 by davman

Shouldn't have scored those chances that fell to Lowe then and we'd have won at a canter. Lowe cost us today...

Errr did he not score the goal and at least be in a position to miss. Willock got told off by critchley 5 minutes after coming on for losing it and not chasing back.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Soft on 18:03 - Jan 21 with 4888 viewsAntti_Heinola

Soft on 17:35 - Jan 21 by Hunterhoop

And the reason they only B passed sideways was because the front 4 carried out Critch’s tactics to a tee. Let Darling, who cannot pass to save his life, have it, and squeeze. It worked time and time again. We could and should have been 3 up precisely because of errors forced by the front 4 nailing that tactic.
Later on, I agree, particularly after Dykes went off, this lessened, but a not match fit Lowe was out on his feet. They had two shots and one went in. First half was the best for months. In the end poor finishing cost us, Lowe, who was otherwise very good, the main culprit.

Bare bones.

Soft on 18:05 - Jan 21 with 4851 viewsDamo1962

Soft on 17:58 - Jan 21 by EastR

They changed formation at half time, went to a back 3 and 2 wing backs. We made no tactical changes to address that and we're on the back foot, particularly when they made their 2 subs who had a positive impact

Having said that, you can't turn down the chances they presented to us and hope to win

They won the second half

We can only blame our collective selves, including the manager for not reacting sooner

Agree. We have trouble enough creating and scoring chances, but missing them when they are handed to you... is just plain careless. Critchley does seem slow to counteract changes in the oppo. Maybe he just has no faith in a lot of the players? QPR and Swansea are well matched I reckon.
Soft on 18:06 - Jan 21 with 4865 viewsEastR

Soft on 18:01 - Jan 21 by Stanisgod

Errr did he not score the goal and at least be in a position to miss. Willock got told off by critchley 5 minutes after coming on for losing it and not chasing back.

Willock offered us nothing when he came on today. He looked like he just couldn't be arsed
Don't know where that player has gone.

Soft on 18:09 - Jan 21 with 4829 viewsted_hendrix

Two bang average Championship clubs going nowhere but sideways season after season.

Now and then flattering to deceive and then flattering to deceive again a few weeks later.

Analyse the game all you wan't, just like the Sheff Utd game we've thrown away three points at home twice on the trot, as a consequence we've learnt nothing.

Nothing changes and It won't anytime soon.

We're stone cold bang average just like Swansea.

It's how It is.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Soft on 18:15 - Jan 21 with 4763 viewsAntti_Heinola

Soft on 18:06 - Jan 21 by EastR

Willock offered us nothing when he came on today. He looked like he just couldn't be arsed
Don't know where that player has gone.

Think that’s way ott

Bare bones.

Soft on 18:17 - Jan 21 with 4731 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Soft on 18:05 - Jan 21 by Damo1962

Agree. We have trouble enough creating and scoring chances, but missing them when they are handed to you... is just plain careless. Critchley does seem slow to counteract changes in the oppo. Maybe he just has no faith in a lot of the players? QPR and Swansea are well matched I reckon.

Both Dozell and Albert were stripped and ready to come on, getting final instructions, before the equaliser was scored.
That was not a soft performance, far from it. That is the first time for months where u could see an actual game plan, and it was executed well.
We could, and should, have been 3 up by the hour. Out of those 2 teams I only see QPR improving.
Soft on 18:19 - Jan 21 with 4709 viewsParkRoyalR

They won the second half

If they went to a 3 at the back and we had JCS on the bench, why the hell didn't we?
Soft on 18:20 - Jan 21 with 4702 viewsAntti_Heinola

Soft on 18:17 - Jan 21 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Both Dozell and Albert were stripped and ready to come on, getting final instructions, before the equaliser was scored.
That was not a soft performance, far from it. That is the first time for months where u could see an actual game plan, and it was executed well.
We could, and should, have been 3 up by the hour. Out of those 2 teams I only see QPR improving.

I would say first half was best since September. Tim was imperious first half, winning I think 5 tackles, which is superb numbers for 90 mins, let alone 45.
We had three excellent chances to put it to bed second half and for different reasons failed. That was the key for me.

Bare bones.

Soft on 18:21 - Jan 21 with 4690 viewsHAYESBOY

Lowe really should of had a hatrick. Why on earth did he take a touch when he could of hit it first time passed the keeper? The touch let him get back to Lowe.
Stats say they had two on target but I cant remember the other one.

2 points definitely dropped today.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Soft on 18:22 - Jan 21 with 4668 viewsdavman

Soft on 18:01 - Jan 21 by Stanisgod

Yep he did score the goal but err didn't he miss those two chances?

Playing with four up top to try to get the second more than a bit of a gamble. Roberts and Tim should have been hooked for JCS and Stef to stop the team dropping so bloody deep.

All of that moot though if Lowe sticks those two away...
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 8:30]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Soft on 18:24 - Jan 21 with 4662 viewsVancouverHoop

I'm loathe to call out individuals. It's a team game. What we don't seem to be able to do is play 90 minutes. Insecurity and/or panic set in for some reason.

We played most of the first 45 in their half of the pitch. Dickie and Dunne were frequently a good ten yards or so inside Swansea's half. In the second 45, our forwards were never less ten yards or so in our own half when we gained possession. I don't know if it's slowness of foot or slowness of mind, or both. But it's frustrating to watch.
Soft on 18:40 - Jan 21 with 4491 viewsAntti_Heinola

Soft on 18:24 - Jan 21 by VancouverHoop

I'm loathe to call out individuals. It's a team game. What we don't seem to be able to do is play 90 minutes. Insecurity and/or panic set in for some reason.

We played most of the first 45 in their half of the pitch. Dickie and Dunne were frequently a good ten yards or so inside Swansea's half. In the second 45, our forwards were never less ten yards or so in our own half when we gained possession. I don't know if it's slowness of foot or slowness of mind, or both. But it's frustrating to watch.

For the last 15 yes. Not the whole second half.
People complaining about changes: Swansea’s formation did eff all to change anything. In fact, they got worse from 45-75.
It was the last 20 that did it and even then they created zero except for one long range effort and a shot straight at Seny.

Bare bones.

Soft on 18:43 - Jan 21 with 4466 viewssilverbirch

They won the second half

We can see who is on the bench. We can’t know how fit they are.
Soft on 18:51 - Jan 21 with 4391 viewsEastR

Soft on 18:43 - Jan 21 by silverbirch

We can see who is on the bench. We can’t know how fit they are.

Fit enough to be on the bench

It was as much a lack of change of formation as change if personnel

And when Dykes went off Willock was a down grade on our ability to pressurize them at the back

Their subs worked, ours didn't

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024