Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Soft 17:19 - Jan 21 with 10384 viewsHunterhoop

Not much more to be said. Front 4 for that last 30 were the worst offenders. Hiding. Not tracking runners. Roberts couldn’t have sold Kakay down the river any more unless he’d been slipping in the passes himself.

This group of “professionals” have got to sort out their attitude and mentality. You can’t only play when it’s going well. The only adversity we faced today was missing our own chances, and we then folded.
Soft on 18:54 - Jan 21 with 2315 viewsParkRoyalR

Soft on 18:43 - Jan 21 by silverbirch

We can see who is on the bench. We can’t know how fit they are.

Agree, but we could see Lowe was struggling for match fitness, Chair had run himself into the ground and Roberts had run out of gas + desire,

JCS had to come on as we had 4 tired 10's in that last 30 minutes and Critchley needed to do something to change the momentum and didn't.
Soft on 19:02 - Jan 21 with 2281 viewsHunterhoop

Soft on 18:03 - Jan 21 by Antti_Heinola

And the reason they only B passed sideways was because the front 4 carried out Critch’s tactics to a tee. Let Darling, who cannot pass to save his life, have it, and squeeze. It worked time and time again. We could and should have been 3 up precisely because of errors forced by the front 4 nailing that tactic.
Later on, I agree, particularly after Dykes went off, this lessened, but a not match fit Lowe was out on his feet. They had two shots and one went in. First half was the best for months. In the end poor finishing cost us, Lowe, who was otherwise very good, the main culprit.

Hold on here Obtuse Antti. Stop building that straw man again.

I think the tactics for the first hour were excellent. Loved traps we set. Loved the clever pressing.

I’m taking about mental fortitude, attitude in the face of adversity. What’s your view on that?

After Dykes went off, we folded. That front four pressed, but not sharply enough, and when we were deep in our half they certainly weren’t tracking runners.

The whole attitude of the team was “oh well”.

Did anyone notice Dunne remonstrating with Chair.

I’m critical of Chair because of his talent. He worked really hard today, but his execution was dreadful. Roberts, Willock, Lowe…. They were not working hard that last 20. And the team seemed to accept we weren’t going to win because we’d missed some good chances.
Soft on 19:11 - Jan 21 with 2232 viewsBushRanger82

Soft as shite, our lot.
Soft on 19:22 - Jan 21 with 2168 viewsDamo1962

Soft on 18:17 - Jan 21 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Both Dozell and Albert were stripped and ready to come on, getting final instructions, before the equaliser was scored.
That was not a soft performance, far from it. That is the first time for months where u could see an actual game plan, and it was executed well.
We could, and should, have been 3 up by the hour. Out of those 2 teams I only see QPR improving.

Fair enough. I always value the opinions of those at the game. Two points thrown away by the sounds. Luckily I don't think it is going to cost us anything in the long run. We will in all likelihood end the season in and around where we are at the moment. I just hope we have at least one barn-storming performance at LR, for the long suffering supporters. Oh and a couple of goals in front of the Loft 🙂
Soft on 19:36 - Jan 21 with 2115 viewsWatford_Ranger

We are soft but thought Field and Tim were rather hung out to dry by the efforts ahead of them for the last 25 mins and the final subs needed to be earlier and used to shore up the middle rather than like for like. If Johansen is fit enough to be on the bench he’s fit enough to be picked ahead of Dozzell.
Soft on 20:24 - Jan 21 with 1992 viewsHunterhoop

Both Dozell and Albert were stripped and ready to come on, getting final instructions, before the equaliser was scored.
That was not a soft performance, far from it. That is the first time for months where u could see an actual game plan, and it was executed well.
We could, and should, have been 3 up by the hour. Out of those 2 teams I only see QPR improving.

Can you not see the difference between game plan (also know as tactics and shape) and player performance (I.e. effort, execution, etc). And, yes, I understand the difference between talent and effort. We have lots of the former.

But that front four up working hard IN possession for that last half hour. And the execution with the ball was very poor. Both together indicate a mentality issues to me.
Soft on 21:30 - Jan 21 with 1880 viewsterryb

The match changed when Dykes went off.

Gazza & many others will disagree, but I thought he was outstanding today.
Soft on 21:37 - Jan 21 with 1852 viewsBurnleyhoop

First half yes, second half we were all over the place. Simply not closing down quickly enough and when finally retrieving the ball, giving it straight back to them. Field in particular was guilty of so many sloppy passes.

The pressing from the front 3/4 caused havoc in the Swansea defence for about an hour and then collapsed when Dykes went off, Lowe tired and Roberts went missing, which is a shame, because he looked good up until then.

Defo need a leader (Johanson) in the middle of the park.
Login to get fewer ads

Soft on 21:39 - Jan 21 with 1835 viewsVancouverHoop

Soft on 21:30 - Jan 21 by terryb

If he and Lowe can learn to work together they could be very productive.
Soft on 21:45 - Jan 21 with 1801 viewsdigswellhoop

If we tried and were dead on our legs then get fitter
we ar QPR FIGHT OR BUGGER OFF
Soft on 22:18 - Jan 21 with 1774 viewswombat

Soft on 21:45 - Jan 21 by digswellhoop

If we tried and were dead on our legs then get fitter
we ar QPR FIGHT OR BUGGER OFF

It was 21 minutes from the time the subs looking they was coming in to the time and one Swansea goal they came onto the pitch , we as deep as u like , no outlet whendykes went off and still no changes , few players out on there feet one couldn’t arsed yet again ,
Make the changes when he should have we and we don’t defend as deep ,

Not jumping on the manager back but he is slow to react to the opposition tactics , long chats , the odd spreadsheet , think about it some more , wait for them to score the. Hang on what them subs I was going o make 20 mins earlier. And for the dyke haters this is what we are gonna be watching if ‘ when he does leave this month enjoy you got what you wanted finally

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Soft on 22:24 - Jan 21 with 1749 viewsWatford_Ranger

Soft on 21:37 - Jan 21 by Burnleyhoop

First half yes, second half we were all over the place. Simply not closing down quickly enough and when finally retrieving the ball, giving it straight back to them. Field in particular was guilty of so many sloppy passes.

The pressing from the front 3/4 caused havoc in the Swansea defence for about an hour and then collapsed when Dykes went off, Lowe tired and Roberts went missing, which is a shame, because he looked good up until then.

Defo need a leader (Johanson) in the middle of the park.

We’d be a better team with three in the middle IMO but with Johansen and Amos out that only leaves Dozzell who I just don’t think offers anything so we play 4-2-3-1 and get exposed a bit in the middle.

Thought Roberts was back to his dire worst today after a brief flurry at Reading.
Soft on 22:29 - Jan 21 with 1740 viewsAntti_Heinola

Soft on 19:02 - Jan 21 by Hunterhoop

Hold on here Obtuse Antti. Stop building that straw man again.

I think the tactics for the first hour were excellent. Loved traps we set. Loved the clever pressing.

I’m taking about mental fortitude, attitude in the face of adversity. What’s your view on that?

After Dykes went off, we folded. That front four pressed, but not sharply enough, and when we were deep in our half they certainly weren’t tracking runners.

The whole attitude of the team was “oh well”.

Did anyone notice Dunne remonstrating with Chair.

I’m critical of Chair because of his talent. He worked really hard today, but his execution was dreadful. Roberts, Willock, Lowe…. They were not working hard that last 20. And the team seemed to accept we weren’t going to win because we’d missed some good chances.

Glad we agree on some, even many, things!
Disagree on the intangibles, which is mere projection on your part. Didn’t see anyone lacking attitude or fortitude to be honest, but there we go.

Bare bones.

Soft on 22:37 - Jan 21 with 1719 viewsHunterhoop

Soft on 22:29 - Jan 21 by Antti_Heinola

Glad we agree on some, even many, things!
Disagree on the intangibles, which is mere projection on your part. Didn’t see anyone lacking attitude or fortitude to be honest, but there we go.

Rose tinted glasses again, Antti.

We had a neutral with us. Thought we were miles the better team, couldn’t see Swansea scoring, but after we missed those big chances in the 2nd half said how you could visibility see the confidence seep from the players and the workrate decline. He reckoned the front 4 were hiding in the last 20

That’s two neutrals in 3 home ganes who have called out similar issues.

There is an issue with this group’s mentality.
Soft on 22:38 - Jan 21 with 1708 viewsLblock

Winners win

Simple as that

Would a King Warnock team have let that lead slip? Much derision about “pashun” and leaders but it’s a thing. Our club has no standards, no accountability and no bond with its life blood anymore…. My personal take of course and one of the reasons why many of us will drift away.

I’ll still look at the table in years to come and see “16th QPR” with a wry smile and a slight snort of fast expelling air from my nostrils

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Soft on 23:44 - Jan 21 with 1609 viewsnix

Soft on 22:37 - Jan 21 by Hunterhoop

Rose tinted glasses again, Antti.

We had a neutral with us. Thought we were miles the better team, couldn’t see Swansea scoring, but after we missed those big chances in the 2nd half said how you could visibility see the confidence seep from the players and the workrate decline. He reckoned the front 4 were hiding in the last 20

That’s two neutrals in 3 home ganes who have called out similar issues.

There is an issue with this group’s mentality.

I do think there's some truth in this. But I also think you can get a winning or losing mentality due to a run of matches going for you or not going for you.

Swansea had had a couple of wins among the losses and a draw in the last five matches and we'd had only draws and losses. I do believe it becomes a habit to win. Maybe it's easier too when you've got some more experienced players, whereas we're a relatively young team.

I honestly think if we get a couple of wins under our belt we'll be a lot less tentative and some of the criticisms about defending too deep, not playing first time balls and not taking more risks would happen less.
Soft on 00:47 - Jan 22 with 1547 viewsNW5Hoop

Soft on 21:30 - Jan 21 by terryb

I was watching Dykes a lot today, and in the first half there were three or four times where he had started making the run, only for Chair (it was always Chair; don't get me wrong — I love watching him) decided to beat his man three times instead of crossing, and each time Dykes was clearly hugely frustrated, having been waiting for the early ball.
Soft on 00:51 - Jan 22 with 1543 viewsNW5Hoop

One other thing today — I see we were defending corners with all 11 men in the box. Which, as with Warburton, resulted in the clearances all going to the Swansea players outside the box. Jesus, when will coaches ever realise it's not safety to defend with the whole team if you can never regain possession …
Soft on 07:09 - Jan 22 with 1431 viewsjohnhoop

Soft on 00:47 - Jan 22 by NW5Hoop

I was watching Dykes a lot today, and in the first half there were three or four times where he had started making the run, only for Chair (it was always Chair; don't get me wrong — I love watching him) decided to beat his man three times instead of crossing, and each time Dykes was clearly hugely frustrated, having been waiting for the early ball.

I thought Dykes’ hold up play and distribution were the best I’ve ever seen from him in yesterday’s game. There were a couple of instances when he received the ball in their half and played truly excellent passes to players in loads of space, first to Laird and then to Chair. Both breaks came to nothing but it wasn’t his fault.
And the pressing at the beginning of the second half was really good. We were hardly allowing them to get out of their own half for long periods but the moment when Dykes went off for some reason seemed to coincide with a disastrous retreat into our own half, almost inviting them onto us, with the inevitable and dreaded conclusion.
Soft on 07:23 - Jan 22 with 1408 viewsslmrstid

Soft on 22:38 - Jan 21 by Lblock

Winners win

Simple as that

Would a King Warnock team have let that lead slip? Much derision about “pashun” and leaders but it’s a thing. Our club has no standards, no accountability and no bond with its life blood anymore…. My personal take of course and one of the reasons why many of us will drift away.

I’ll still look at the table in years to come and see “16th QPR” with a wry smile and a slight snort of fast expelling air from my nostrils

I loved Neil Warnock's 2010/11 QPR as much as anyone, but yes it may well have let a lead slip like yesterday. It did several times that season. Straight off the top of my head...

- QPR 2-2 Bristol City around New Year time - they were near the bottom, we led twice and let them back in.
- Preston 1-1 QPR - they were around the bottom of the team and awful, and so were we that day despite leading
- QPR 1-1 Nottingham Forest - the infamous game where Billy Davies celebrated like they'd won something - they had 10 men for most of that game and we'd led
- QPR 1-1 Hull - this game should have got us promoted had we not let it slip and we had to wait another week to Watford

So, as much as we remember how great that team was, it wasnt perfect.

As far as yesterday, we should have won by miles. We should have been well out of sight before Swansea came back into it again which is really frustrating, and clearly what has made everyone on here really frustrated.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 7:23]
Soft on 07:46 - Jan 22 with 1387 viewsdmm

Offy highlights here https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/highlights/highlights-qprswa-210123/ tell the story of 3 presentable 2nd half chances spurned. Take one of those and we'd have won.

Soft or not, make the most of what we create and we'll win games.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 7:48]
Soft on 07:57 - Jan 22 with 1367 viewsWestonsuperR

Soft on 18:09 - Jan 21 by ted_hendrix

Two bang average Championship clubs going nowhere but sideways season after season.

Now and then flattering to deceive and then flattering to deceive again a few weeks later.

Analyse the game all you wan't, just like the Sheff Utd game we've thrown away three points at home twice on the trot, as a consequence we've learnt nothing.

Nothing changes and It won't anytime soon.

We're stone cold bang average just like Swansea.

It's how It is.

Completely agree we (and Swansea) are nothing more than bang average Championship sides. Although we all want ambition and success the reality is with our financial situation and support base we should be nothing more than a mid-table side.

I see a lot of comment about our squad under performing but having a look in detail at top 6/8 teams they are much superior player-for- player, again understandable with budget they have.
Soft on 08:07 - Jan 22 with 1359 viewsloneranger1

Soft on 19:36 - Jan 21 by Watford_Ranger

We are soft but thought Field and Tim were rather hung out to dry by the efforts ahead of them for the last 25 mins and the final subs needed to be earlier and used to shore up the middle rather than like for like. If Johansen is fit enough to be on the bench he’s fit enough to be picked ahead of Dozzell.

Also agree that we are soft - but that was another reason to bring on Johansen with 25 to go (probably to replace Tim). I said it at the time, we needed the composure - and the leadership - he brings. (Yes, i know he 's been injured but as pointed out above - if he's fit enough to be on the bench, he should be fit enough for 25 minutes - if not, what's the point if you can't bring him on when you really need him?!)

Of course, if we'd taken our earlier chances, it wouldn't have been so important - but you've got to deal with the situation as it is, and I don't know how we thought that we were going to hold on to 1-0 by going deeper and deeper, with several players clearly absolutely shattered, and carrying Roberts - and to a certain extent, Willock, who weren't putting in the same shift as a lot of those around them. And don't get me wrong, I actually thought Willock did more today than in recent games when he came on - but couldn't really see him busting a gut to get back and put the tackles in when required.
Soft on 08:20 - Jan 22 with 1343 viewsNortholt_Rs

Soft on 07:46 - Jan 22 by dmm

Offy highlights here https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/highlights/highlights-qprswa-210123/ tell the story of 3 presentable 2nd half chances spurned. Take one of those and we'd have won.

Soft or not, make the most of what we create and we'll win games.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 7:48]

This 100%. We should’ve been out of sight long before they got their equaliser. Lowe should’ve had a hat-trick. You simply can’t miss gilt edged chances like that if you want to win football matches. Dykes had a really good game - we looked far weaker as a team when he went off injured (?). LR was like a morgue yesterday apart from the 2,500 Swansea fans - fair play to them. Sh1t day.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Soft on 08:25 - Jan 22 with 1340 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Soft on 20:24 - Jan 21 by Hunterhoop

Can you not see the difference between game plan (also know as tactics and shape) and player performance (I.e. effort, execution, etc). And, yes, I understand the difference between talent and effort. We have lots of the former.

But that front four up working hard IN possession for that last half hour. And the execution with the ball was very poor. Both together indicate a mentality issues to me.

I know the difference thanks.
They ran out of legs, it is as simple as that. Nothing to do with mentality and being soft, and more to do with fitness. To press like that for a full 90 minutes is near on impossible, even Man City now, or Barcelona in their pomp cant do it. And Swansea move the ball to tire teams out, but if we had taken our chances we would of been out of sight on the hour mark.
The great thing was it wasn't just 1 or 2 pressing, they were doing it in packs.
Plus having to make 2 enforced subs early had a big impact on the game.

For the first time in months I am feeling positive about the team despite not getting the win.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024