Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? 09:28 - Aug 21 with 12526 viewsDarran

Yes or no?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 19:20 - Aug 21 with 2638 viewsskippyjack

I can't be bothered to argue my point with simpletons.. footballers have a few pints on a Thursday... I've seen footballers do worse.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 19:21 - Aug 21 with 2632 viewsItchySphincter

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 17:35 - Aug 21 by oldcob

Didn't seem to affect George Bests form.

It just turned his liver in to pate instead.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 19:24 - Aug 21 with 2618 viewsJonnyTheJack

Another example of Footballers being held to ridiculous standards. I still can't believe i'm defending a bunch of footballers having a pint on a weekday.
Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 19:27 - Aug 21 with 2612 viewsJackfath

I hope they didn't drive home under the influence putting themselves and other road users under great risk of injury or death.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 19:28 - Aug 21 with 2598 viewsOldjack

moderation ,in a relaxed atmos ,in bed by 11 ,no problems

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 19:32 - Aug 21 with 2576 viewsFlashberryjack

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 18:37 - Aug 21 by Darran

No.

Neither am I then!!

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 19:56 - Aug 21 with 2488 viewswaynekerr55

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 14:29 - Aug 21 by jasper_T

High amounts of sugar post-workout is very good for recovery.

Alcohol isn't, unfortunately. We sold Danny Graham for a reason.

Are you sure about that jasper? Insulin spike n all that

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 20:00 - Aug 21 with 2466 viewsjasper_T

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 19:28 - Aug 21 by Oldjack

moderation ,in a relaxed atmos ,in bed by 11 ,no problems

James Milner was in bed by 9 and has never touched a drop.
Login to get fewer ads

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 20:02 - Aug 21 with 2452 viewsjasper_T

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 19:56 - Aug 21 by waynekerr55

Are you sure about that jasper? Insulin spike n all that

Yes. An insulin spike when your energy reserves are depleted kickstarts the storage and repair process.
Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 20:04 - Aug 21 with 2440 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stupid thread. May as well be titled "LOOK AT ME. I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW."

Poll: Tory leader

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 20:07 - Aug 21 with 2420 viewsUxbridge

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 14:16 - Aug 21 by perchrockjack

Harsh of ux.

Seemed fair question to me.

I'm right behind you bro

Heh, yes I'm sure it was just a random question, not an attention seeking post.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2015 20:07]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 20:14 - Aug 21 with 2384 viewsJackUlation

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 18:33 - Aug 21 by Dr_Winston

Danny Graham had scored seven goals in not that many starts the season we sold him. We might have moved him on for a number of reasons, but lack of performance wasn't one of them.

It was to keep the roads of Swansea safer.
Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 20:20 - Aug 21 with 2362 viewsmorningstar

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 20:04 - Aug 21 by exiledclaseboy

Stupid thread. May as well be titled "LOOK AT ME. I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW."

Or "LOOK AT ME I'M PRETENDING TO KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW."

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 20:21 - Aug 21 with 2358 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 20:20 - Aug 21 by morningstar

Or "LOOK AT ME I'M PRETENDING TO KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW."

Actually far more accurate. Good call.

Poll: Tory leader

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 20:51 - Aug 21 with 2267 viewssa3_jack

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 14:29 - Aug 21 by jasper_T

High amounts of sugar post-workout is very good for recovery.

Alcohol isn't, unfortunately. We sold Danny Graham for a reason.

Is this a wind up?
Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 21:08 - Aug 21 with 2214 viewswaynekerr55

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 20:02 - Aug 21 by jasper_T

Yes. An insulin spike when your energy reserves are depleted kickstarts the storage and repair process.

The repair process is futile without protein, namely casein

However there are cases (such as extreme endurance athletes) who should have high sugar part exercise

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 21:50 - Aug 21 with 2141 viewsjasper_T

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 21:08 - Aug 21 by waynekerr55

The repair process is futile without protein, namely casein

However there are cases (such as extreme endurance athletes) who should have high sugar part exercise

Obviously you need protein. If you want to overpay for casein that's your business.

But carbs aren't the enemy for athletes, endurance or otherwise. 40g of dextrose, 20g of BCAAs immediately post-workout is the business.
Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 22:07 - Aug 21 with 2100 viewsskippyjack

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 21:50 - Aug 21 by jasper_T

Obviously you need protein. If you want to overpay for casein that's your business.

But carbs aren't the enemy for athletes, endurance or otherwise. 40g of dextrose, 20g of BCAAs immediately post-workout is the business.

What are you two quivering about.. they've possibly consumed at most.. 5 beverages... more chance of a large dominoes pizza delaying their recovery time.. you're almost as bad as northeast and his sleeping pods.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 22:14 - Aug 21 with 2081 viewsSwansNZ

I often went on the lash on a Friday night before playing rugby on a Saturday - no problem. Except I couldn’t run for long periods, and that occasion when I threw up on the pitch. Nah, it’ll be all right.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 22:45 - Aug 21 with 2016 viewsDewi1jack

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 12:35 - Aug 21 by union_jack

Should two first team members (one an ever present) be eating fish and chips from Johnnies? I'm sure the dietician at the club wouldn't have prescribed that?

Used to have Fish and chips on the team bus after an away game.
Sure there was the odd hip flask going around as well!!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 03:36 - Aug 22 with 1847 viewsDJack

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 19:20 - Aug 21 by skippyjack

I can't be bothered to argue my point with simpletons.. footballers have a few pints on a Thursday... I've seen footballers do worse.

One, how do you define simpleton?

Two, how do you prove your case against others on an internet message board?

Three, your're a bit of a twÄ…t pretending to be a misjudged genius or savant.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 10:40 - Aug 22 with 1735 viewsjasper_T

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 22:07 - Aug 21 by skippyjack

What are you two quivering about.. they've possibly consumed at most.. 5 beverages... more chance of a large dominoes pizza delaying their recovery time.. you're almost as bad as northeast and his sleeping pods.

Messi eats pizza after every game. It's just loads of carbs and a bit of protein from the cheese. Great for recovery. Trust me, I used to pretend to be a bodybuilder.

Alcohol isn't great. George Best may have been getting hammered between every game but so was every other professional at the time.

Most of the foreign lads don't drink between games, or during the season at all. They find the drinking culture over here really bizarre. No wonder England never win anything.
Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 11:02 - Aug 22 with 1681 viewsMrSwerve

They should force every player to down a pint 5 mins before kickoff. Maybe we'd see the players manning up a bit on the pitch.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 12:09 - Aug 22 with 1606 viewsDafyddHuw

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 09:33 - Aug 21 by Cooperman

1 or 2 bottled beers with a meal at the very most, and in conjunction with an 11pm curfew.

This is wrong.
Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 13:15 - Aug 22 with 1544 viewsskippyjack

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 03:36 - Aug 22 by DJack

One, how do you define simpleton?

Two, how do you prove your case against others on an internet message board?

Three, your're a bit of a twÄ…t pretending to be a misjudged genius or savant.

4 or 5 pints on a Thursday will not disrupt their recovery.. dear god.. you don't have to be a savant to work that out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024