Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ruckus at the end 17:32 - Jan 10 with 20577 viewsMarc

Between fans and players

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2904722/QPR-players-clash-fans
[Post edited 10 Jan 2015 18:44]
Ruckus at the end on 09:57 - Jan 11 with 3298 viewsmarky67

fer was`nt involved in the rukus personally, he was climbing over the wall to hand his shirt to to a young or disabled fan which he has done at every away game, but because of what was going on barton pulled him back to keep him out of it.
Ruckus at the end on 10:00 - Jan 11 with 3274 viewssmegma

Ruckus at the end on 09:57 - Jan 11 by marky67

fer was`nt involved in the rukus personally, he was climbing over the wall to hand his shirt to to a young or disabled fan which he has done at every away game, but because of what was going on barton pulled him back to keep him out of it.

How dare you tell the truth ? Ive heard on the grapevine he chinned 4 fans, nutted a female and pushed a wheelchair fan down the stairs headfirst.
Ruckus at the end on 10:36 - Jan 11 with 3162 viewsTheBlob

For me that was the most hurtful aspect of yesterday's game,the public and worldwide footage of players and fans having a set to.All the shiny veneers of publicity and promo go out the window and I'm sure it won't have avoided the sponsors' gazes,let alone the owners.Remember when fans threw season tickets at Shteve?He got moved on,can't have that kind of exposure.
If there's any sense to this a swift measure ought to happen otherwise this is going to be more commonplace and a lot more photogenic.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2015 10:37]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ruckus at the end on 10:43 - Jan 11 with 3139 viewsLblock

Ruckus at the end on 09:57 - Jan 11 by marky67

What I saw at the end of MOTD certainly tells me the opposite of this

However it is good of Fer to give his shirts away - even better that he has the consideration not to get them all sweaty and dirty by running around off the ball

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ruckus at the end on 10:46 - Jan 11 with 3129 viewsgobbles

Ruckus at the end on 10:43 - Jan 11 by Lblock

What I saw at the end of MOTD certainly tells me the opposite of this

However it is good of Fer to give his shirts away - even better that he has the consideration not to get them all sweaty and dirty by running around off the ball

Really? He didn't even seem to be paying any intention to the guy shouting
Ruckus at the end on 10:56 - Jan 11 with 3097 viewsRangersw12

The only reason Hill reacted was because there was a young kid at the front and he tried to calm the lads down

Players and manager deserve everything they get 10 away defeats on the spin is unacceptable
Ruckus at the end on 11:22 - Jan 11 with 2994 viewsnadera78

Ruckus at the end on 10:56 - Jan 11 by Rangersw12

The only reason Hill reacted was because there was a young kid at the front and he tried to calm the lads down

Players and manager deserve everything they get 10 away defeats on the spin is unacceptable

On MOTD you could see him saying "there's a kid there".
Ruckus at the end on 11:41 - Jan 11 with 2927 viewsYorkRanger

Ruckus at the end on 09:24 - Jan 11 by daveB

I think it was Clive who predicted it would kick off if we got beat and I wasn't surprised to hear about this but I think people making up that Fer climbed over a wall to try and hit a fan doesn't help anyone, seeing the footage he steps over an advertising board then Barton pulls him away. I don't know what was said but for Hill to react like that I'd guess the fan was out of order.

I have to say the fans I spoke to were very philosophical and plenty of black humour on display. Sure a few were grumbling and there was the "incident" at the end but no real suggestion of a mass kick off or loads of people falling out with each other. To be honest it staggers me that there were so many there after 9 defeats on the bounce away from home...
Login to get fewer ads

Ruckus at the end on 11:52 - Jan 11 with 2899 viewsbrad

Ruckus at the end on 20:27 - Jan 10 by Hunterhoop

Right, how many of you posting on here were there??

As much as I love you all there's some right b*llocks being spouted by some. Here is what happened.

Some bloke, late 40s I'd say, left the bit if the stand we were in and walked into the empty bit and right down the front by the dugout. Half the players had scarpered quick. Dunne, Barron, Fer, Hill, Austin remained. As Dunne was walking past the bloke who was aggressively remonstrating obviously said something and he and Dunne had a right ding dong before someone on the coaching staff pulled Dunne away.

The bloke, in a beige jacket and flat cap ( very Del Boy) kept giving it and Hill came over and was clearly trying to calm him down. But he said something and Hill got angry. Barton and Fer came over and pulled Hill away. Did not see Fer jump the hoardings but, if he did, nothing happened.

The bloke in beige then returned to the bit if the stand we were in. He went to staircase and started banging on it booing loudly. He looked like he was coked and pissed up. Several fans told him to give it a rest - we'd all seen him down the front. As he walked down the stairs another fan leaned only and was pointing and gesturing to him saying something along the lines if him being a disgrace. This fan was in his mid 50s I'd say. The bloke in beige came back up the stairs and went for him. Lots of grappling, hands in faces but several clean punches thrown. From what I could see, the bloke in beige took a bit of a beating. The stewards had to pull the older boy off him and the bloke in beige scarpered. The older boy didn't look the type either.

Now, I'm critical of the team and Redknapp, but the bloke in beige was being a right c*nt; he deserved a slap. And it was clear the rest of the fans nearby thought the same.

Also, there was no real booing at the final whistle. Frustration and resignation, yes, but not anger.

We were not good, but Burnley were crap. Two pieces of appalling defending (one by Isla and one by Caukler) lost us the game. Taarabt was our best played. Something the Burnley fans I've just been speaking with came out with themselves. They thought he used the ball "superbly" and was the best player on the pitch. We really should have drawn or won but we were too wasteful in possession and we defended appallingly. Hill struggled. Isla was great going forward but shaky and Caulker....Caulker had one of the worst centre half performances I've ever seen, I would wager that's the worst he's played in his professional career.

well done hunterhoop for telling us the true story of what happened
Ruckus at the end on 12:06 - Jan 11 with 2867 viewsizlingtonhoop

Ruckus at the end on 10:46 - Jan 11 by gobbles

Really? He didn't even seem to be paying any intention to the guy shouting

True. On the Sky website it looks (to me) as if he has no idea what's going on until Joey steps in to warn him away.
Ruckus at the end on 12:11 - Jan 11 with 2851 viewsqprewan

I wasn't there; but all I would say is that guy losing it goes every week and like others who follow our team spend thousands on Qpr; not to mention the time; in view of our disgraceful away form he has every right....
Ruckus at the end on 13:08 - Jan 11 with 2717 viewsgobbles

Watching the Sky website version, you can clearly see a kid standing next to the guy shouting and Clint is pointing and you can see him say "kid". Fer looks completely unaware of the guy shouting as he goes to step over the advertising hoarding until Barton pulls him back and looks quite surprised. He certainly isn't "climbing a fence to get at fans" as I have read somewhere

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/
Ruckus at the end on 13:40 - Jan 11 with 2617 viewspaulparker

BTW does redcrapp have any clue what goes on at the club
Doesn't know what "dunney" said
Doesn't know about potential signings
Doesn't know what formation to use
Blokes a frigging joke he is like the 3 monkeys rolled into one
Hear no evil, see no evil , talk no evil

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ruckus at the end on 14:03 - Jan 11 with 2575 viewsthemodfather

hill has done well for qpr, whatever he's been asked to do, he's done...he is only cover for yun and just can't do it at this level anymore, he's honest and proud.
others need a good look at themselves.
many had a mad dash to get the trains home, 15 mins to station at end of game, luckily it was delayed...but many had left whens tories of a row came out.
people cough up and travel and care for the club. disappointment is an emotion.
after "eustongate" the team rallied...can they now? maybe the club should hold a small forum, with some fans and players and whoever is in charge and clear the air!? qpr fans care for their club as much as any other fan. we have blocked mergers,moves, raised cash etc etc WE CARE and want a voice.
Ruckus at the end on 14:17 - Jan 11 with 2531 viewsizlingtonhoop

Ruckus at the end on 14:03 - Jan 11 by themodfather

hill has done well for qpr, whatever he's been asked to do, he's done...he is only cover for yun and just can't do it at this level anymore, he's honest and proud.
others need a good look at themselves.
many had a mad dash to get the trains home, 15 mins to station at end of game, luckily it was delayed...but many had left whens tories of a row came out.
people cough up and travel and care for the club. disappointment is an emotion.
after "eustongate" the team rallied...can they now? maybe the club should hold a small forum, with some fans and players and whoever is in charge and clear the air!? qpr fans care for their club as much as any other fan. we have blocked mergers,moves, raised cash etc etc WE CARE and want a voice.

Anger is an energy?

Ruckus at the end on 12:41 - Jan 12 with 2149 viewsW7Ranger

So was the guy in the biege jacket and flat cap (seen on video with another guy remonstrating with the players) an Irish fella?

A couple of mates of mine went and I asked one of them about the row between the fans and players. He said there was an Irish fella who goes and watches us all over the country and he's seen him at away games for years. Said he was unhappy (like a lot of fans) at the end and then a few seemed to turn on the Irish fella. My mate went to step in to stop the Irish fella getting a clump and ended up getting a smack in the moosh himself!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2015 12:54]
Ruckus at the end on 12:51 - Jan 12 with 2118 viewsQPunkR

Ruckus at the end on 12:41 - Jan 12 by W7Ranger

So was the guy in the biege jacket and flat cap (seen on video with another guy remonstrating with the players) an Irish fella?

A couple of mates of mine went and I asked one of them about the row between the fans and players. He said there was an Irish fella who goes and watches us all over the country and he's seen him at away games for years. Said he was unhappy (like a lot of fans) at the end and then a few seemed to turn on the Irish fella. My mate went to step in to stop the Irish fella getting a clump and ended up getting a smack in the moosh himself!

He's a window cleaner down the Horror Road apparently

QPR - "shit but local"

Ruckus at the end on 13:11 - Jan 12 with 2043 viewsTheBlob

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/des-kelly-qprs-players-didnt-like-fans-

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ruckus at the end on 13:21 - Jan 12 with 2019 viewsHunterhoop

Ruckus at the end on 12:41 - Jan 12 by W7Ranger

Fans didn't "turn on him". A few seemed to tell him politely to give it a rest as he stood banging on the staircase, as people exited, loudly booing (after the players had all gone). One - just one - fan, who looked a tad older, had words and was pointing. Beige, Irish fella took exception and came back up the stairs "looking for it". He found it and took a few whacks in the chops, rightly so from what I could see of the way he was acting.

I was as pissed off as anyone at our performance but the way he was remonstrating with the players as they walked off, was OTT. God knows what he said to Dunne initially. And he was on his own banging on the staircase and he was the one who started the fisty cuffs. There was someone I think who came back up the stairs and dragged him away...otherwise he would have taken a bit of a beating, I think.

Sure he's a loyal, diehard fan like some have said. Presumably he was a bit pissed and just lost the plot. But he can't have many complaints for what happened.
Ruckus at the end on 13:30 - Jan 12 with 1989 viewsW7Ranger

Ruckus at the end on 13:21 - Jan 12 by Hunterhoop

Fans didn't "turn on him". A few seemed to tell him politely to give it a rest as he stood banging on the staircase, as people exited, loudly booing (after the players had all gone). One - just one - fan, who looked a tad older, had words and was pointing. Beige, Irish fella took exception and came back up the stairs "looking for it". He found it and took a few whacks in the chops, rightly so from what I could see of the way he was acting.

I was as pissed off as anyone at our performance but the way he was remonstrating with the players as they walked off, was OTT. God knows what he said to Dunne initially. And he was on his own banging on the staircase and he was the one who started the fisty cuffs. There was someone I think who came back up the stairs and dragged him away...otherwise he would have taken a bit of a beating, I think.

Sure he's a loyal, diehard fan like some have said. Presumably he was a bit pissed and just lost the plot. But he can't have many complaints for what happened.

Ok fair enough Hunter.

I know my mate most definitely is not a trouble maker or gets involved in any naughty stuff when he goes to games. He goes with his brother and a few other guys for the day for a laugh and to support the R's in between. Perhaps he didn't see everything from start to finish, but could see he was gonna get a clump and tried to do the right thing by intervening - and possibly coming off worse! That'll learn him! lol
Ruckus at the end on 16:24 - Jan 12 with 1854 viewsWestminsteRs

I'm going to watch my language at the United game. Wouldn't want Clint Hill appearing next to me and hauling me out of the stadium. Nice of him to make himself useful though. Stewards don't come cheap these days.
Ruckus at the end on 16:31 - Jan 12 with 1837 viewsstowmarketrange

Ruckus at the end on 16:24 - Jan 12 by WestminsteRs

I'm going to watch my language at the United game. Wouldn't want Clint Hill appearing next to me and hauling me out of the stadium. Nice of him to make himself useful though. Stewards don't come cheap these days.

There were a few thrown out on Saturday before HT.The stewards also made a point of removing QPR stickers from the wall at the back of the stand.
A little bit OTT in my opinion,but after watching the 1st half they volunteered to leave rather than get thrown out.
Ruckus at the end on 16:38 - Jan 12 with 1823 viewspaulparker

Ruckus at the end on 16:24 - Jan 12 by WestminsteRs

Funny how he didn't have a pop at Dunne if he was that offended by people swearing in front of Kids ,
it reminds me of a time years ago , my old man used to drink in the Red Lion in Hillingdon on Sundays he used to drag me along as the old girl was at work , anyway one sunday the late great Alan Mcdonald was in there , QPR had lost on the Saturday and this bloke comes up to Macca and says " you were fcking sh&t yesterday , a disgrace "
Macca gave him the stare and everyone's thinking here we go , he then said "you know what I was mate " " im really sorry"
the bloke went oh and walked off
that's how you deal with it & lets face it the majority of away performance they have deserved a verbal kicking
be nice if club captain Hill came out and made a statement and apologised but I wont hold my breath

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ruckus at the end on 16:46 - Jan 12 with 1805 viewsWestminsteRs

Ruckus at the end on 16:31 - Jan 12 by stowmarketrange

There were a few thrown out on Saturday before HT.The stewards also made a point of removing QPR stickers from the wall at the back of the stand.
A little bit OTT in my opinion,but after watching the 1st half they volunteered to leave rather than get thrown out.

You wait until Clint Hill starts dishing out the justice at Loftus Road. Something few people know about Clint is that he hates people spilling drinks. If you knock your Bovril over he'll have you by the scruff of the neck in no time. You'll be taken out the back to be beaten up by Richard Dunne while Joey Barton talks about the need to be united.
Ruckus at the end on 16:59 - Jan 12 with 1779 viewsDiscodroids

Ruckus at the end on 16:38 - Jan 12 by paulparker

Funny how he didn't have a pop at Dunne if he was that offended by people swearing in front of Kids ,
it reminds me of a time years ago , my old man used to drink in the Red Lion in Hillingdon on Sundays he used to drag me along as the old girl was at work , anyway one sunday the late great Alan Mcdonald was in there , QPR had lost on the Saturday and this bloke comes up to Macca and says " you were fcking sh&t yesterday , a disgrace "
Macca gave him the stare and everyone's thinking here we go , he then said "you know what I was mate " " im really sorry"
the bloke went oh and walked off
that's how you deal with it & lets face it the majority of away performance they have deserved a verbal kicking
be nice if club captain Hill came out and made a statement and apologised but I wont hold my breath

my cousin chris ran the unicorn pub in gidea park early nineties.

alvin martin , steve potts, ian bishop, stuart slater and mike small all had gaffs around there and were regulars. west ham had just drawn at home to blackburn , with bish reponsible for gifting a late late equaliser.

Alvin and bish popped into the pub later that night and the lanky haired midfielder was soon set upon verbally by a few of hornchurchs finest.. took it all on the chin and bought a round for the pub.

to cap it all off martin and bishop went for each other pissed at the end of the night and had it on the cobbles.

cousin chris said it was more one sided than the 2nd tyson bruno fight.

how times change.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2015 17:00]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024