Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ruckus at the end 17:32 - Jan 10 with 20578 viewsMarc

Between fans and players

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2904722/QPR-players-clash-fans
[Post edited 10 Jan 2015 18:44]
Ruckus at the end on 20:33 - Jan 10 with 3963 viewsAgedR

Ruckus at the end on 20:20 - Jan 10 by izlingtonhoop

Heck, I'm tired of the "you don't slag your own team" piety.
Why ever not?
It's more our team than those over-paid pillocks who so often let us down lately. So they can fu ck right off when we don't think they come up to scratch.
"They're beyond criticism" is quasi-religious bullshit, and look where that attitude led this week.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2015 20:23]

As I said, call me old fashioned.

By the way, it achieves nothing and creates as schism between the players and fans, which further disenfranchises the players from any small connection they have to the club and its history.

But, you go for your life son, call them cxnts, get it off your chest

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Ruckus at the end on 20:36 - Jan 10 with 3945 viewsHunterhoop

Ruckus at the end on 20:30 - Jan 10 by Antti_Heinola

And we can do without your accurate, calm, eye-witness accounts, Hunter. That's dave b's job.

Thank you, from your man on the ground at Turf Moor!

P.s. Can't believe people on hear criticising Taarabt. I thought it would be a love in! Everything good we did went through him. He was excellent. Rusty but excellent and Burnley fans thought he was the best player on the pitch afterwards!
Ruckus at the end on 20:36 - Jan 10 with 3942 viewsAgedR

Ruckus at the end on 20:27 - Jan 10 by Hunterhoop

Right, how many of you posting on here were there??

As much as I love you all there's some right b*llocks being spouted by some. Here is what happened.

Some bloke, late 40s I'd say, left the bit if the stand we were in and walked into the empty bit and right down the front by the dugout. Half the players had scarpered quick. Dunne, Barron, Fer, Hill, Austin remained. As Dunne was walking past the bloke who was aggressively remonstrating obviously said something and he and Dunne had a right ding dong before someone on the coaching staff pulled Dunne away.

The bloke, in a beige jacket and flat cap ( very Del Boy) kept giving it and Hill came over and was clearly trying to calm him down. But he said something and Hill got angry. Barton and Fer came over and pulled Hill away. Did not see Fer jump the hoardings but, if he did, nothing happened.

The bloke in beige then returned to the bit if the stand we were in. He went to staircase and started banging on it booing loudly. He looked like he was coked and pissed up. Several fans told him to give it a rest - we'd all seen him down the front. As he walked down the stairs another fan leaned only and was pointing and gesturing to him saying something along the lines if him being a disgrace. This fan was in his mid 50s I'd say. The bloke in beige came back up the stairs and went for him. Lots of grappling, hands in faces but several clean punches thrown. From what I could see, the bloke in beige took a bit of a beating. The stewards had to pull the older boy off him and the bloke in beige scarpered. The older boy didn't look the type either.

Now, I'm critical of the team and Redknapp, but the bloke in beige was being a right c*nt; he deserved a slap. And it was clear the rest of the fans nearby thought the same.

Also, there was no real booing at the final whistle. Frustration and resignation, yes, but not anger.

We were not good, but Burnley were crap. Two pieces of appalling defending (one by Isla and one by Caukler) lost us the game. Taarabt was our best played. Something the Burnley fans I've just been speaking with came out with themselves. They thought he used the ball "superbly" and was the best player on the pitch. We really should have drawn or won but we were too wasteful in possession and we defended appallingly. Hill struggled. Isla was great going forward but shaky and Caulker....Caulker had one of the worst centre half performances I've ever seen, I would wager that's the worst he's played in his professional career.

Thanks Hunter.

Class post

Ruckus at the end on 20:37 - Jan 10 with 3930 viewsizlingtonhoop

Ruckus at the end on 20:33 - Jan 10 by AgedR

As I said, call me old fashioned.

By the way, it achieves nothing and creates as schism between the players and fans, which further disenfranchises the players from any small connection they have to the club and its history.

But, you go for your life son, call them cxnts, get it off your chest

Barton was booed off against Liverpool, and most people would agree he came back a better representative of our side. So on that occassion it may have achieved something. 1-0. Dad.
Ruckus at the end on 20:41 - Jan 10 with 3892 viewsAgedR

Ruckus at the end on 20:37 - Jan 10 by izlingtonhoop

Barton was booed off against Liverpool, and most people would agree he came back a better representative of our side. So on that occassion it may have achieved something. 1-0. Dad.

Very good, and it only took him a year in France to get the message...

Comrade

Ruckus at the end on 20:42 - Jan 10 with 3890 viewsCambsHoop

As much as I love you all there's some right b*llocks being spouted by some. Here is what happened.

Some bloke, late 40s I'd say, left the bit if the stand we were in and walked into the empty bit and right down the front by the dugout. Half the players had scarpered quick. Dunne, Barron, Fer, Hill, Austin remained. As Dunne was walking past the bloke who was aggressively remonstrating obviously said something and he and Dunne had a right ding dong before someone on the coaching staff pulled Dunne away.

The bloke, in a beige jacket and flat cap ( very Del Boy) kept giving it and Hill came over and was clearly trying to calm him down. But he said something and Hill got angry. Barton and Fer came over and pulled Hill away. Did not see Fer jump the hoardings but, if he did, nothing happened.

The bloke in beige then returned to the bit if the stand we were in. He went to staircase and started banging on it booing loudly. He looked like he was coked and pissed up. Several fans told him to give it a rest - we'd all seen him down the front. As he walked down the stairs another fan leaned only and was pointing and gesturing to him saying something along the lines if him being a disgrace. This fan was in his mid 50s I'd say. The bloke in beige came back up the stairs and went for him. Lots of grappling, hands in faces but several clean punches thrown. From what I could see, the bloke in beige took a bit of a beating. The stewards had to pull the older boy off him and the bloke in beige scarpered. The older boy didn't look the type either.

Now, I'm critical of the team and Redknapp, but the bloke in beige was being a right c*nt; he deserved a slap. And it was clear the rest of the fans nearby thought the same.

Also, there was no real booing at the final whistle. Frustration and resignation, yes, but not anger.

We were not good, but Burnley were crap. Two pieces of appalling defending (one by Isla and one by Caukler) lost us the game. Taarabt was our best played. Something the Burnley fans I've just been speaking with came out with themselves. They thought he used the ball "superbly" and was the best player on the pitch. We really should have drawn or won but we were too wasteful in possession and we defended appallingly. Hill struggled. Isla was great going forward but shaky and Caulker....Caulker had one of the worst centre half performances I've ever seen, I would wager that's the worst he's played in his professional career.

Well, I'm sure you're right, and it's all about opinions, but - from the comfort of watching from my stream- I struggle with the bit about Taarabt being our best player!
Ruckus at the end on 20:55 - Jan 10 with 3789 views08olesen

Ruckus at the end on 20:28 - Jan 10 by paulparker

Don't worry AgedR , many are starting to see right through uncle tone & his bullsh1t
Over 3 years he has been here and we are as worst off than what we were under paladini

This is what i do not understand. What do you want the bloke to do! He accepted he made errors in the first 2 years. He then helped us get up with sensible signings like Austin, and at start of the season most people would have said he made great signings this year.

He is still trying to get the training ground done and the new stadium done, what more do you want. He is not at fault for our loss at Burnley today, and so i dont see why TF role is relevant.

The way the team plays on the pitch is firmly down to the manager and the players not a businessman who runs an airline!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Ruckus at the end on 20:57 - Jan 10 with 3775 viewsYorkRanger

Hunter, that's pretty much how I saw it (although I missed the punch up). The guy who went down the front was sat (stood) just in front of me the whole game moaning through at Green and Dunne especially. I thought I also saw Zamora having a ding ding with him. To my mind he was an idiot
Login to get fewer ads

Ruckus at the end on 21:08 - Jan 10 with 3691 viewsAgedR

Ruckus at the end on 20:55 - Jan 10 by 08olesen

This is what i do not understand. What do you want the bloke to do! He accepted he made errors in the first 2 years. He then helped us get up with sensible signings like Austin, and at start of the season most people would have said he made great signings this year.

He is still trying to get the training ground done and the new stadium done, what more do you want. He is not at fault for our loss at Burnley today, and so i dont see why TF role is relevant.

The way the team plays on the pitch is firmly down to the manager and the players not a businessman who runs an airline!

Put one actual spade in the ground...

Ruckus at the end on 21:09 - Jan 10 with 3685 viewsthemodfather

hope this is true, euston gate with hughes saw the teamliven up
harry on £10m and god knows waht the other khunts are on.
£250m debts and all ok....time to wake up methinks
not a brick laid for warren farm and little for old oak, the team get showered in wages we dont
Ruckus at the end on 21:18 - Jan 10 with 3619 viewsTracy_S

Thank you to HunterHoop. I guessed that something as you described had happened. You are the voice of reason
Ruckus at the end on 21:24 - Jan 10 with 3584 viewsonlyrinmoray

Agree with you 100% Even after a day like today its the manager and players who should take the stick .I never want to go back to the Paladini Briatore Eccleston days
People have short memories QPR are punching above its weight in reality we are a good Championship team no more We won a big game at Wembley and scraped up to join the big boys
Ruckus at the end on 21:45 - Jan 10 with 3480 viewsgobbles

Well said, 08olesen
[Post edited 10 Jan 2015 23:21]
Ruckus at the end on 22:19 - Jan 10 with 3347 viewsHadders

I loved Hunterhoops description of Bloke in Beige and his antics this evening- pathetic and sad, but also hilarious. We all spend a lot of money following our team (some a lot more than others) and have a right to an opinion, of course, but screaming invective in public is never classy, even at the football. I know it`s the working man`s game and all that, but that sort of thing always looks tragic to anyone with half a brain. Ultimately,we go to football because it is a routine, a habit we find exciting and rewarding, sometimes perversely, in spite of the fact that our team usually loses. We cobbled together a win at home against Burnley the other week and they only just beat us today (we very nearly equalised at the death)- that`s football. Criticise as much as you like, but keep a sense of proportion: that sort of thing always makes you look a right plum.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2015 22:20]
Ruckus at the end on 22:23 - Jan 10 with 3329 viewsLblock

Glad I didn't go as I'd surely of been lagging and fired up and could've been there myself at the front

Gotta get me a beige coat and flat cap

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ruckus at the end on 22:29 - Jan 10 with 3297 viewsMatch82

Ruckus at the end on 17:48 - Jan 10 by RangersAreBack

10 away matches, 10 defeats yet this clown thinks fans aren't entitled to have a pop.

What constitutes "have a pop"?
Should fans be frustrated? Yes, the level of performance had been unacceptable.

But I highly doubt our fans were saying "excuse me sir, would you mind explaining the quality of your performance?". For our players to react, especially Dunne, I would bet that the level of abuse was way over the top.
Ruckus at the end on 22:48 - Jan 10 with 3205 viewsSpiritofGregory

He shouldn't be running the club if he knows nothing about football. You can't run an airline and run a football club at the same time. Look at the owners of Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Chelsea they all have someone else running the club on their behalf because running a football club is a full-time job. A chairman needs to understand what manager is the right fit for the club and impose the correct transfer policy. What chairmAn sanctions a £10m signing for a crock like Sandro?

Our Premier League status is fragile and we have a £170m+ debt. Relegation will be a disaster.
Ruckus at the end on 23:31 - Jan 10 with 3081 viewsRaymond

Ruckus at the end on 20:10 - Jan 10 by EalingRanger

"Whereas at QPR, it really doesn't matter who the manager is, the infrastructure makes the club fail."

Nail on the head. It's been true for a very, very long time as well.

Bang on the money.

When are we going to as a club, start acting & living within our means? 18,000 capacity. Says it all.
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:42 - Jan 10 with 3023 viewsRaymond

Ruckus at the end on 20:10 - Jan 10 by EalingRanger

"Whereas at QPR, it really doesn't matter who the manager is, the infrastructure makes the club fail."

Nail on the head. It's been true for a very, very long time as well.

Ruckus at the end on 00:26 - Jan 11 with 2864 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ruckus at the end on 19:11 - Jan 10 by ArgyBargy1982

Someone spoke to Hill just before he got on the train at Preston. Hill wasn't upset with the criticism. Rather it was because there was a kid in amongst it all and he was concerned for the nipper.

Total boll ox

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ruckus at the end on 01:01 - Jan 11 with 2760 viewsvblockranger

Ruckus at the end on 23:31 - Jan 10 by Raymond

Bang on the money.

When are we going to as a club, start acting & living within our means? 18,000 capacity. Says it all.

Spot on
We are a small club. This board think they can turn us into a big club. They tried to do it by signing big names and paying big wages but all they have accomplished is enormous debt . They will be happy to turn us into another Fulham with neutral fans and tourists in a stadium which is part of their dream. OOC and all the money they will earn. We are not their number one priority and we never have been. All about the billions they will earn.
Ruckus at the end on 01:04 - Jan 11 with 2749 viewsRaymond

Ruckus at the end on 01:01 - Jan 11 by vblockranger

Spot on
We are a small club. This board think they can turn us into a big club. They tried to do it by signing big names and paying big wages but all they have accomplished is enormous debt . They will be happy to turn us into another Fulham with neutral fans and tourists in a stadium which is part of their dream. OOC and all the money they will earn. We are not their number one priority and we never have been. All about the billions they will earn.

Couldn't agree more mate.

Uncle Tony has driven this club to the brink under his stewardship.
Ruckus at the end on 08:16 - Jan 11 with 2549 viewsJonDoeman

Irish fella sits in the West paddock, & goes to every away game, seems like a nice bloke when I've spoken to him , frustration must have got the better of him.

It Is What It Is !!

Ruckus at the end on 09:24 - Jan 11 with 2372 viewsRaymond

Ruckus at the end on 20:42 - Jan 10 by CambsHoop

Well, I'm sure you're right, and it's all about opinions, but - from the comfort of watching from my stream- I struggle with the bit about Taarabt being our best player!

Get a new computer.
Ruckus at the end on 09:24 - Jan 11 with 2371 viewsdaveB

I think it was Clive who predicted it would kick off if we got beat and I wasn't surprised to hear about this but I think people making up that Fer climbed over a wall to try and hit a fan doesn't help anyone, seeing the footage he steps over an advertising board then Barton pulls him away. I don't know what was said but for Hill to react like that I'd guess the fan was out of order.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024