Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
another lycra clad prick 14:43 - Oct 12 with 33334 viewsloftboy

Nearly totalled me and my 8 year old on oxford street today, we were crossing at lights and the man was green, i wasnt very happy especially after one broke my daughters foot last year, yet after informing the prick of his bad judgement he abuses me!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

another lycra clad prick on 12:39 - Nov 22 with 1216 viewsQPunkR

another lycra clad prick on 12:24 - Nov 22 by Juzzie

They get caught on camera, 3 points and a £40 fine. If cyclists started getting £40 fines I bet they'd stop pretty damn quick!

Wombat, a barcode on a bicycle not ideal as it could just be covered up, on purpose or accidently by a large coat etc. hanging down. Also, the infrastructue to put a scanner (which could be vandalised easily as it'd be about waist high) on every set of lights would be nigh on impossible as there are over 25,000 in the UK.

Either drivers don't get fined or the £40 amount isn't enough to discourage them, as they continue doing it in their droves. Of course more cyclists go through reds overall, but which of the two is more dangerous for the general population?

QPR - "shit but local"

another lycra clad prick on 12:57 - Nov 22 with 1201 viewsJuzzie

another lycra clad prick on 12:39 - Nov 22 by QPunkR

Either drivers don't get fined or the £40 amount isn't enough to discourage them, as they continue doing it in their droves. Of course more cyclists go through reds overall, but which of the two is more dangerous for the general population?

The latter of course but don't use that to try and dilute the fact cyclists should not go through red lights. If they do, there needs to be a way that they get fined.
another lycra clad prick on 13:08 - Nov 22 with 1191 viewssexton

And cars that go through red lights, and their mobile phone-clutching, pasty-chomping drivers.
another lycra clad prick on 13:12 - Nov 22 with 1184 viewsR_from_afar

This thread is starting to have rather a lot in common with this:

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

another lycra clad prick on 13:13 - Nov 22 with 1183 viewsPommyhoop

another lycra clad prick on 13:08 - Nov 22 by sexton

And cars that go through red lights, and their mobile phone-clutching, pasty-chomping drivers.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

another lycra clad prick on 13:24 - Nov 22 with 1172 viewswombat

another lycra clad prick on 12:24 - Nov 22 by Juzzie

They get caught on camera, 3 points and a £40 fine. If cyclists started getting £40 fines I bet they'd stop pretty damn quick!

Wombat, a barcode on a bicycle not ideal as it could just be covered up, on purpose or accidently by a large coat etc. hanging down. Also, the infrastructue to put a scanner (which could be vandalised easily as it'd be about waist high) on every set of lights would be nigh on impossible as there are over 25,000 in the UK.

dont think even the most stupid cyclist and there are a few out there would have something cover of in danger of tangling up in the front wheel

im sure with the tech out there something could be incorporated into a traffic light which wouldnt get vandalised

other option is a flame thrower mounted on traffic lights cyclist bomb through they instantly burn a few more calories off and maybe the yellow lycra as well

Poll: which is your favouite foot

another lycra clad prick on 13:32 - Nov 22 with 1162 viewsJuzzie

another lycra clad prick on 13:24 - Nov 22 by wombat

dont think even the most stupid cyclist and there are a few out there would have something cover of in danger of tangling up in the front wheel

im sure with the tech out there something could be incorporated into a traffic light which wouldnt get vandalised

other option is a flame thrower mounted on traffic lights cyclist bomb through they instantly burn a few more calories off and maybe the yellow lycra as well

I've seen long coats hanging down, satchels hanging down the side, satchels and/or long coats hanging over the back covering up the light and reflector..... etc etc etc.

"im sure with the tech out there something could be incorporated into a traffic light which wouldnt get vandalised"

- There already is, the camera. This would pick up the number plate.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2013 16:45]
another lycra clad prick on 16:07 - Nov 22 with 1127 viewsQPRDave

another lycra clad prick on 12:39 - Nov 22 by QPunkR

Surely they're both as dangerous.......as has been said drivers going through on a green will have to swerve or brake hard........ffs I don't think you should be allowed to walk let alone be in control of something
Login to get fewer ads

another lycra clad prick on 19:52 - Nov 22 with 1078 viewsloftboy

another lycra clad prick on 11:55 - Nov 22 by Juzzie

Interesting article and interesting to sse the issue of Road Tax brought up again (btw, motorists actually DO pay road tax.... it's called petrol/diesel which is about 60-75% tax) he also trots out the "it's only a minority of cyclists that go through red lights" line.

It's
not
the
minority

"Cyclists running red lights gets on your nerves, but that rarely puts us under the wheels of your truck."

No, no it does not but if I have to slam my brakes on to avoid htitting a cyclist that has jumped a red light, they cycle off into the sunset whilst I'm left with a car that's rear-ended me and all the hassle involved with repairs, vehicle off the road, insurance claim, higher insurance the next year an so on.

Do cyclists consider that as they free-wheel through red lights?

Or the fact pedestrians crossing the road legally get hurt by light jumpers ala my daughter last year who had to have her toe pinned, countless time off school on follow up visits etc which brings this thread nicely round in a big circle from wence it come.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024