Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
another lycra clad prick 14:43 - Oct 12 with 33336 viewsloftboy

Nearly totalled me and my 8 year old on oxford street today, we were crossing at lights and the man was green, i wasnt very happy especially after one broke my daughters foot last year, yet after informing the prick of his bad judgement he abuses me!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

another lycra clad prick on 21:10 - Nov 18 with 1681 viewswombat

another lycra clad prick on 20:58 - Nov 18 by dolcelatte

So ban them just like Paris has done during the day and that will save lives or serious injuries - which are up 20% in the last recorded year.

Yep ban all HGVS and then complain when prices for
Food
Booze
Petrol
Fags
Bread
Milk
In fact anything which needs to to get into town as companies have to employ people to work at night to take/make deliveries , then add to the people complaining as lorries are unloading at 2am wake them up

Yeah it's bloody great idea don't you think

Poll: which is your favouite foot

another lycra clad prick on 21:17 - Nov 18 with 1669 viewsdolcelatte

another lycra clad prick on 21:10 - Nov 18 by wombat

Yep ban all HGVS and then complain when prices for
Food
Booze
Petrol
Fags
Bread
Milk
In fact anything which needs to to get into town as companies have to employ people to work at night to take/make deliveries , then add to the people complaining as lorries are unloading at 2am wake them up

Yeah it's bloody great idea don't you think

Sorry Wombat - the ban in Paris has made no difference to prices. It has however resulted in a reduction to ZERO deaths. I know what I would prefer..

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

another lycra clad prick on 21:26 - Nov 18 with 1659 viewswombat

another lycra clad prick on 21:17 - Nov 18 by dolcelatte

Sorry Wombat - the ban in Paris has made no difference to prices. It has however resulted in a reduction to ZERO deaths. I know what I would prefer..

Don't have the figures but be interested to find out how many cars , HGVS they have on the road compared to London

Poll: which is your favouite foot

another lycra clad prick on 22:07 - Nov 18 with 1641 viewsPunteR

another lycra clad prick on 20:46 - Nov 18 by dolcelatte

yep it's all that simple ffs...That was a guy in his 60's today, the 3rd in the 60's in the past 2 weeks - not like we're talking inexperienced cyclists here - thoughts go out to his family and knobheads who just give flippant comments regarding "common sense" can do one as far as I am concerned. Somebody died today, someone's dad/husband went and the empathy from some drivers astounds me..

RIP old boy..
[Post edited 18 Nov 2013 20:53]

Do you know all the details of this tragic accident? otherwise you could be accused of being flippant.
My thoughts go to his family but also i wonder what the driver and his family are going through. Very sad situation.
My commen sense tells me roads are dangerous,cycle at your risk.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

another lycra clad prick on 23:38 - Nov 18 with 1600 viewsQPR1882

The ban on anything over a 7.5 tonne vehicle across France only applys to weekends.
another lycra clad prick on 23:45 - Nov 18 with 1615 viewsQPR1882

another lycra clad prick on 20:46 - Nov 18 by dolcelatte

yep it's all that simple ffs...That was a guy in his 60's today, the 3rd in the 60's in the past 2 weeks - not like we're talking inexperienced cyclists here - thoughts go out to his family and knobheads who just give flippant comments regarding "common sense" can do one as far as I am concerned. Somebody died today, someone's dad/husband went and the empathy from some drivers astounds me..

RIP old boy..
[Post edited 18 Nov 2013 20:53]

When you get to a certain age your driving licence expires as it is deemed not safe to drive over that age.
3 over 60s have died cycling you say ? . maybe i could come up with a soloution.
another lycra clad prick on 23:50 - Nov 18 with 1609 viewsTheBlob

another lycra clad prick on 23:45 - Nov 18 by QPR1882

When you get to a certain age your driving licence expires as it is deemed not safe to drive over that age.
3 over 60s have died cycling you say ? . maybe i could come up with a soloution.

Don't be prat.
I know it's hard but give it a try.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

another lycra clad prick on 23:56 - Nov 18 with 1601 viewsQPR1882

another lycra clad prick on 23:50 - Nov 18 by TheBlob

Don't be prat.
I know it's hard but give it a try.

Explain
Login to get fewer ads

another lycra clad prick on 00:03 - Nov 19 with 1592 viewsTheBlob

another lycra clad prick on 23:56 - Nov 18 by QPR1882

Explain

If you don't know I can't tell you.

another lycra clad prick on 00:05 - Nov 19 with 1591 viewsQPR1882

another lycra clad prick on 00:03 - Nov 19 by TheBlob

If you don't know I can't tell you.

try !
another lycra clad prick on 06:55 - Nov 19 with 1565 viewsNathanNI

To suggest folks over 60 shouldn't be cycling and inferring, even slightly that, these people's age was the cause of their deaths without any indepth knowledge of each incident seems crass at best and f*cking ridiculous at worst.
another lycra clad prick on 09:38 - Nov 19 with 1519 viewsQPR1882

another lycra clad prick on 06:55 - Nov 19 by NathanNI

To suggest folks over 60 shouldn't be cycling and inferring, even slightly that, these people's age was the cause of their deaths without any indepth knowledge of each incident seems crass at best and f*cking ridiculous at worst.

Thing is Nathan these same folks that are deemed unsafe to drive a car on the road after a certain age can go down to Halfords buy themselves a bike and be out cycling on the same roads ( same way some getting done for drink driving or dangerous driving etc etc can ). I don't know the details off the accidents but if 3 of the 5 poor souls that lost their life's in the last few weeks were over 60 questions should be asked, questions like were these ex car drivers if so should a test be made for old drivers who want to remain on the road on a bike.. There are lots of fit and aware folk in their 60's but at the same time there are not.And for your information I never suggested these cyclists were the cause of their deaths, what I suggested is oap car drivers are given tests at certain ages and if deemed not fit are taken off the road, should cyclists not have the same rules ?.

There was an incident on the news the other day when an old lady crashed her car into the front garden and nearly through the front door of a house when she was talking to the reporter re the incident she said she was giving up driving and getting a bike.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2013 11:53]
another lycra clad prick on 10:46 - Nov 19 with 1502 viewsTheBlob

New road signs for London.

another lycra clad prick on 12:49 - Nov 19 with 1460 viewsloftboy

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

And how would the tube cope with the extra numbers, it's like sardines as it is already?

another lycra clad prick on 12:59 - Nov 19 with 1442 viewsR_from_afar

Is it too much to ask that all road users coexist in a mature and considerate way?

Oh, hang on, I think I can answer my own question

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

another lycra clad prick on 14:32 - Nov 19 with 1404 viewsloftboy

another lycra clad prick on 12:59 - Nov 19 by R_from_afar

Is it too much to ask that all road users coexist in a mature and considerate way?

Oh, hang on, I think I can answer my own question

RFA

I will get on fine with cyclists as long as they obey the highway code, its all i ask and never in a million years when i posted this did i expect it to reach 12 pages!

another lycra clad prick on 15:29 - Nov 19 with 1366 viewsQPunkR

And I myself promise to get on fine with pedestrians and motorists when they also stick to the rules

QPR - "shit but local"

another lycra clad prick on 16:30 - Nov 19 with 1344 viewsQPRDave

another lycra clad prick on 20:58 - Nov 18 by dolcelatte

So ban them just like Paris has done during the day and that will save lives or serious injuries - which are up 20% in the last recorded year.

Or everyone take responsibility for your own safety.
green cross code? ...maybe we need one for cyclists now.
another lycra clad prick on 16:37 - Nov 19 with 1336 viewssupahoopsa

Maybe this is the answer:

http://www.cyclelifestyle.co.uk/london-cycle-map-campaign
http://www.cyclelifestyle.co.uk/100-reasons
http://www.cyclelifestyle.co.uk/london-cycle-map

Seems a really simple idea, uses

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

another lycra clad prick on 17:27 - Nov 19 with 1306 viewsLythamR

another lycra clad prick on 16:37 - Nov 19 by supahoopsa

Maybe this is the answer:

http://www.cyclelifestyle.co.uk/london-cycle-map-campaign
http://www.cyclelifestyle.co.uk/100-reasons
http://www.cyclelifestyle.co.uk/london-cycle-map

Seems a really simple idea, uses

The simple answer would be for all road users to consider not just their own but everyone elses safety

all it needs it for people to treat each other with more consideration and respect rather than viewing every other road user as an enemy or obstacle to be overcome

Of course an understanding and acceptance that that there are too many people traveling by various means to too many destinations using an infrastructure that isnt designed to cope with anything like the current volume and that whatever you do you are going nowhere fast would also probably help
another lycra clad prick on 17:46 - Nov 19 with 1297 viewsQPR1882

another lycra clad prick on 16:30 - Nov 19 by QPRDave

green cross code? ...maybe we need one for cyclists now.

This is not working so should it not be time to make things compulsory ? Like all bikes have to have working lights and all cyclists have to wear helmets and not wear headphones.

Would be a start.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2013 17:50]
another lycra clad prick on 18:21 - Nov 19 with 1286 viewsR_from_afar

another lycra clad prick on 14:32 - Nov 19 by loftboy

I will get on fine with cyclists as long as they obey the highway code, its all i ask and never in a million years when i posted this did i expect it to reach 12 pages!

Yes, 12 pages! Amazing!

I am a motorist but also a keen cyclist and I have to say that it drives me mad when I see other cyclists breaking the law and doing stupid stuff. I behave myself when I am on my bike so I don't see why others shouldn't. That said, modern traffic can be terrifying for cyclists and I have had some major run-ins with motorists who have forced me off the road or clipped me etc.

It's all about coexistance, as I said before.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

another lycra clad prick on 19:15 - Nov 19 with 1265 viewsQPRDave

another lycra clad prick on 17:46 - Nov 19 by QPR1882

This is not working so should it not be time to make things compulsory ? Like all bikes have to have working lights and all cyclists have to wear helmets and not wear headphones.

Would be a start.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2013 17:50]

I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to have head phones on while cycling especially in somewhere like London
another lycra clad prick on 20:43 - Nov 19 with 1064 viewskensalriser

It is is compulsory to have lights on a bike after lighting up.

It's also compulsory for vehicles to be taxed, insured, MOTd and drivers to have a full driving licence and to comply with traffic legislation.

Which of those who don't comply do you think cause the most accidents and injuries?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

another lycra clad prick on 20:48 - Nov 19 with 1058 viewsHollowayRanger

how wide are the paris roads to the london roads

or is it maybe because they drive on the other side does it make a difference at turnings

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024