Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
another lycra clad prick 14:43 - Oct 12 with 33337 viewsloftboy

Nearly totalled me and my 8 year old on oxford street today, we were crossing at lights and the man was green, i wasnt very happy especially after one broke my daughters foot last year, yet after informing the prick of his bad judgement he abuses me!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

another lycra clad prick on 14:48 - Nov 16 with 1557 viewsQPR1882

another lycra clad prick on 11:45 - Nov 16 by sexton

What I was hoping you might be able to understand is that many drivers are also cyclists, and have therefore already paid vehicle excise duty - 'the extra tax' as you put it.

If precise figures of the number of drivers who are also cyclists existed they would have been given in answer to the parliamentary question.

Vehicle excise duty is based on a vehicle's engine size or fuel type and CO2 emissions. As bikes don't have an engine, use fuel or emit CO2 it ought to be clear why owners don't pay it.

Your point about tampons is a non sequitur.

If your 1st sentence was true I would hold up my hands and say your right and I am wrong. But as I pointed out earlier a lot of bikes in this 83% are owned and ridden by the children in the house who neither drive or pay any kind of tax.

( I think we have done this to death, let's just agree to disagree )
another lycra clad prick on 14:57 - Nov 16 with 1543 viewsQPR1882

Just went to Staines and on the way home ( Laleham rd ) I found myself in a bit of a traffic jam with cars moving no faster then 10 / 15 mph. Up ahead was obviously a cycling club out for a ride, there was about 10 of them and 4 of them were riding next to each other taking up the whole road. Now I don't know if they knew what they were doing or were taking the piss, but when they were over taken by a car they started giving him stick. The rest of us just had to sit behind them waiting for a safe place to overtake, the car behind used his horn a few times but was ignored as they carried on chatting.

And cyclists wonder why they have a bad name on the road.

Seems to be an unusual amount of cyclists ( mainly cycling clubs by the look of it ) on the road around the Laleham / Staines area, anyone know if there is a reason for this ?
[Post edited 16 Nov 2013 15:00]
another lycra clad prick on 15:58 - Nov 16 with 1517 viewsdolcelatte

another lycra clad prick on 14:57 - Nov 16 by QPR1882

Just went to Staines and on the way home ( Laleham rd ) I found myself in a bit of a traffic jam with cars moving no faster then 10 / 15 mph. Up ahead was obviously a cycling club out for a ride, there was about 10 of them and 4 of them were riding next to each other taking up the whole road. Now I don't know if they knew what they were doing or were taking the piss, but when they were over taken by a car they started giving him stick. The rest of us just had to sit behind them waiting for a safe place to overtake, the car behind used his horn a few times but was ignored as they carried on chatting.

Seems to be an unusual amount of cyclists ( mainly cycling clubs by the look of it ) on the road around the Laleham / Staines area, anyone know if there is a reason for this ?

Nothing illegal about cyclists riding two abreast.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

another lycra clad prick on 16:04 - Nov 16 with 1512 viewsloftboy

another lycra clad prick on 14:57 - Nov 16 by QPR1882

they came through chertsey first, there were a few youngsters in the group, all had the same "uniform" on, two or three abreast oblivious to the traffic, you would think the adults would want to set an example, sunday morning between chertsey and staines is an absolute nightmare, they try to recreate racing conditions when it is clearly not practical to do so.

another lycra clad prick on 16:08 - Nov 16 with 1512 viewsQPR1882

another lycra clad prick on 15:58 - Nov 16 by dolcelatte

Is there not ?

Speed limit down the Laleham rd is 30mph, as i said i was travelling at 10mph. Is travelling too slow on the public highway as bad in the eyes of the law as travelling too fast ? it's clearly dangerous.

The cyclists riding 4 abrest were travelling too slow to block the highway. I'm guessing if the car behind them travelling down the rd was a police car they would have been stopped.
another lycra clad prick on 16:19 - Nov 16 with 1500 viewsTheBlob

I used to have an old Volvo estate back in the day - headlamp washer jets you could turn round and squirt slow cyclists up the arse.
How we larfed.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

another lycra clad prick on 17:43 - Nov 16 with 1473 viewsJuzzie

Two abreast is fine but 3,4 or more is not allowed so if they were cycling 4 abreast then they are breaking the law. Some excerpts from the gov.uk website;

Never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends

You MUST obey all traffic signs and traffic light signals.
Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD reg 10(1)

You MUST NOT cycle on a pavement.
Laws HA 1835 sect 72 & R(S)A 1984, sect 129

At night your cycle MUST have white front and red rear lights lit. It MUST also be fitted with a red rear reflector (and amber pedal reflectors, if manufactured after 1/10/85)

You MUST NOT
carry a passenger unless your cycle has been built or adapted to carry one
hold onto a moving vehicle or trailer
ride in a dangerous, careless or inconsiderate manner
ride when under the influence of drink or drugs, including medicine.
Law RTA 1988 sects 24, 26, 28, 29 & 30 as amended by RTA 1991

How many of these are broken on a daily basis? This is assuming they even know them in the first place.

I'm all for cycling (believe it or not) but with it increasing in popularity surely now is the time that people have to take a competance test before being allowed to ride on the road and have some kind of identification? How about everyone has to wear a hi-vis waistcoat with a number on the back, just like a registartion number on a car/motorbike? (Though not sure how that would work with the Boris bikes)
And before anyone gets all Orwellian, in France it's now compulsory that all motorcyclists have reflective stickers on their crash helmets, some form of high-vis clothing is recommended though that too is trying to be forced through as mandatory.

Copy and paste this in nice big bold letters onto a landscape Word document and print out a handful so the next time a cyclist carves you up on a pavement or while you are crossing the road with the traffic lights on red and THEY have a go at you, you can shove it in their face and say "yeah? call the fking Police then"

"You MUST NOT
ride in a dangerous, careless or inconsiderate manner
Law RTA 1988 sects 24, 26, 28, 29 & 30 as amended by RTA 1991"

[Post edited 17 Nov 2013 0:36]
another lycra clad prick on 03:22 - Nov 17 with 1422 viewsRangersAreBack

Nothing illegal about driving in reverse but you wouldn't do it as a matter of course.

Unless of course you're Harpeet Devi....

Login to get fewer ads

another lycra clad prick on 14:16 - Nov 18 with 1352 viewsJonDoeman

Sixth London cyclist killed in less than two weeks as man dies in lorry incident http://t.gu.com/qVIoF

It Is What It Is !!

another lycra clad prick on 14:35 - Nov 18 with 1341 viewsJonDoeman

A lorry turning left again. There's things that can be done to stop that. Sort it out Boris.

It Is What It Is !!

another lycra clad prick on 14:56 - Nov 18 with 1334 viewsQPunkR

another lycra clad prick on 11:43 - Nov 16 by Juzzie

That's the pont of this thread though, you can crack down on motorists but you CAN'T with cyclists because they have no form of identification. They do what they do fully well knowing they can get away with it. Saw more cyclists last night on the A316 with no lights, no reflective clothing and no protective gear. Those who known it know the A316 is a major road in/out of west London, not some back street in quiet, leafy Hampstead.

[Post edited 16 Nov 2013 11:45]

Yes, because number plates and all this CCTV stop cars actually *speeding up* to roar through red lights/ turn without indicating etc etc (sarcasmogram on full power..)

There's no simple answer to any of this.

QPR - "shit but local"

another lycra clad prick on 15:07 - Nov 18 with 1319 viewswombat

another lycra clad prick on 14:56 - Nov 18 by QPunkR

Yes, because number plates and all this CCTV stop cars actually *speeding up* to roar through red lights/ turn without indicating etc etc (sarcasmogram on full power..)

There's no simple answer to any of this.

no ansa but things can help
dont cycle on the inside of
HGV
Buses
Dump Trucks
wear reflective clothing

would help matters a tad

Poll: which is your favouite foot

another lycra clad prick on 15:13 - Nov 18 with 1308 viewsQPunkR

another lycra clad prick on 15:07 - Nov 18 by wombat

HGV
Buses
Dump Trucks
wear reflective clothing

would help matters a tad

Yes, but I said there was no simple answer to any of the topics.
Obviously the best answer would be 'cyclists and drivers not to do shit that is against the law/pi$$es off other road users', but my real point was there's no way to enforce it.

QPR - "shit but local"

another lycra clad prick on 15:33 - Nov 18 with 1296 viewsTheBlob

So,11 pages later......refresh my memory - the advantages of riding bikes are?

another lycra clad prick on 15:36 - Nov 18 with 1290 viewsQPR_Jim

another lycra clad prick on 15:33 - Nov 18 by TheBlob

You don't have to pay road tax!

another lycra clad prick on 16:25 - Nov 18 with 1254 viewsQPRDave

another lycra clad prick on 15:07 - Nov 18 by wombat

HGV
Buses
Dump Trucks
wear reflective clothing

would help matters a tad

This.....simple really ....common sense
another lycra clad prick on 16:32 - Nov 18 with 1246 viewsTheBlob

another lycra clad prick on 15:33 - Nov 18 by TheBlob

Oh goody more thumbs down.
It's not for exercise really is it?It's to f*ck everybody about right?iCome on,be honest.Why don't you take the bus like everybody else and save all the exhibitionism for your leisure time?

another lycra clad prick on 17:49 - Nov 18 with 1221 viewsJonDoeman

another lycra clad prick on 16:32 - Nov 18 by TheBlob

Oh goody more thumbs down.
It's not for exercise really is it?It's to f*ck everybody about right?iCome on,be honest.Why don't you take the bus like everybody else and save all the exhibitionism for your leisure time?

It's a money thing . London Transport fares & the amount of bikes on the roads have been going up simultaneously .

It Is What It Is !!

another lycra clad prick on 18:46 - Nov 18 with 1205 viewsTheBlob

another lycra clad prick on 17:49 - Nov 18 by JonDoeman

It's a money thing . London Transport fares & the amount of bikes on the roads have been going up simultaneously .

What,saving a few shillings is worth risking your life?
Walking's even cheaper,although you stand the risk of being mowed down by someone with flailing limbs on some lunatic gyroscopic conveyance.

another lycra clad prick on 18:48 - Nov 18 with 1203 viewsPunteR

Agree its a money and convenience thing, exept its not very convenient getting hit by a car.
Motorist have to fork out thousands £'s a year to keep the vehicle on the road wether its tax, insurance, MOT's, petrol, parking fines, all the other fines! and for some reason we have to share the road with cyclists ,who dont.
Fact is, the roads are not suitable for cyclist and i would never allow my kids to ride on them.
The slightly ironic thing is they cant cycle on the path either because of the same reasons motorist get complaints for, to fast, dont look properly, dangerous driving.
Apart from decent cycle lanes,there is no solution for the cyclist safety except making drivers more aware and cyclist cutting out the kamakazi riding.For example- at busy or dangerous junctions get off your bike and push it over a crossing.
I'm just having a rant!.......... Rant over. This thread wont flush.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

another lycra clad prick on 19:34 - Nov 18 with 1175 viewsHollowayRanger

london wasnt built to hold the people it holds its roads cant cope with the amount of traffic be it lorries buses cars or bikes

no one i hope sets out to kill but sadly accidents will happen,all we can do is put more mirrors up at corners and try and educate bikers and drivers

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

another lycra clad prick on 20:06 - Nov 18 with 1163 viewsQPR1882

another lycra clad prick on 14:35 - Nov 18 by JonDoeman

A lorry turning left again. There's things that can be done to stop that. Sort it out Boris.

Ii i am sitting at a set of lights or approaching a roundabout and there is a 40 footer or 18 tonner next to me i give them right of way, i dont creep down the inside because it could be dangerous. Over the course of my journey that would probably add a minute or two but i arrive home safe.

I never learnt that on my driving test, it's common sense.
another lycra clad prick on 20:46 - Nov 18 with 1138 viewsdolcelatte

another lycra clad prick on 20:06 - Nov 18 by QPR1882

Ii i am sitting at a set of lights or approaching a roundabout and there is a 40 footer or 18 tonner next to me i give them right of way, i dont creep down the inside because it could be dangerous. Over the course of my journey that would probably add a minute or two but i arrive home safe.

I never learnt that on my driving test, it's common sense.

yep it's all that simple ffs...That was a guy in his 60's today, the 3rd in the 60's in the past 2 weeks - not like we're talking inexperienced cyclists here - thoughts go out to his family and knobheads who just give flippant comments regarding "common sense" can do one as far as I am concerned. Somebody died today, someone's dad/husband went and the empathy from some drivers astounds me..

RIP old boy..
[Post edited 18 Nov 2013 20:53]

another lycra clad prick on 20:50 - Nov 18 with 1132 viewsloftboy

another lycra clad prick on 20:46 - Nov 18 by dolcelatte

yep it's all that simple ffs...That was a guy in his 60's today, the 3rd in the 60's in the past 2 weeks - not like we're talking inexperienced cyclists here - thoughts go out to his family and knobheads who just give flippant comments regarding "common sense" can do one as far as I am concerned. Somebody died today, someone's dad/husband went and the empathy from some drivers astounds me..

RIP old boy..
[Post edited 18 Nov 2013 20:53]

Well considering most of these deaths this week seem to have involved a large vehicle then yes it probably is that simple.

another lycra clad prick on 20:58 - Nov 18 with 1129 viewsdolcelatte

another lycra clad prick on 20:50 - Nov 18 by loftboy

Well considering most of these deaths this week seem to have involved a large vehicle then yes it probably is that simple.

So ban them just like Paris has done during the day and that will save lives or serious injuries - which are up 20% in the last recorded year.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024