Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread 23:10 - Jun 25 with 23881 viewsNed_Kennedys

We’ve had three match threads from a Southgate fan and three terrible England performances so surely it’s time to have one from a Southgate critic?

Walker switched to LB, TAA in at right back, Bellingham dropped back next to Rice, Foden central, Gordon on the left and Palmer on the right. Come on Gareth: you can do it!
[Post edited 27 Jun 15:28]
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 20:44 - Jun 30 with 1994 viewshubble

That England game was mentalist.

I reckon that last gasp turnaround is going to catapult them to the semi-finals.

If you can't be good, be lucky.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 20:46 - Jun 30 with 1972 viewshubble

Toney looks good though, doesn't he. He's a smart footballer. I like him. And Southgate is definitely lucky. Finding his best team out as he stumbles along and just about keeping his balance. It's a tightrope act. Gareth Blondini.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 20:56 - Jun 30 with 1875 viewsSuperhoops2808

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 20:43 - Jun 30 by CLAREMAN1995

How many on here were praying that blast from Eze in the lead up to the winning goal ripped into the roof of the net and he became a world wide star .
I thought he was excellent but playing at right back protecting a lead FFS that was nuts. To his credit he was covering that back post well and might have actually diverted it wide but it was a goal kick.
Palmer was good also and Toney made a huge impact but I would have put on Ollie Watkins myself to be honest.
Slovakia fell into the trap of sitting deep and panic clearences and they paid the price but it took a world class strike to deny them and HK did the rest.
Like I suspected they are dangerous now this will be the spark for sure

He was playing Left Wing Back as I think Gareth went to a 5-3-2 of sorts

I was shocked how poor we were for the 90 odd minutes. No coincidence that when we took Foden off we looked far better. I was impressed with all the subs when they came on, but so annoying that he took so long to bring them on

And that ref was rotten to the core as well.

As we know, true champions scrap a win, well I think we used all our get out of jail free cards tonight and we will be mullered by the swiss if we play that same team
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 20:59 - Jun 30 with 1832 viewsbosh67

Tonie made a huge difference. He's just so calm and has real game intelligence. We looked so much better with him and Kane up top.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 21:00 - Jun 30 with 1812 viewsHayesender

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 20:56 - Jun 30 by Superhoops2808

He was playing Left Wing Back as I think Gareth went to a 5-3-2 of sorts

I was shocked how poor we were for the 90 odd minutes. No coincidence that when we took Foden off we looked far better. I was impressed with all the subs when they came on, but so annoying that he took so long to bring them on

And that ref was rotten to the core as well.

As we know, true champions scrap a win, well I think we used all our get out of jail free cards tonight and we will be mullered by the swiss if we play that same team

That ref was shocking (for both teams).

Not condoning it, but I can see why that club owner in Turkey attacked him

Poll: Shamima Beghum

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 21:06 - Jun 30 with 1750 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Just watched highlights. Football, bloody hell!

Basically: keep Barrywhomresidesintheloft away from freds!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 21:37 - Jun 30 with 1536 viewsCamberleyR

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 21:00 - Jun 30 by Hayesender

That ref was shocking (for both teams).

Not condoning it, but I can see why that club owner in Turkey attacked him

That was him?
Makes a lot of sense. The Turkish Keith Stroud.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 22:11 - Jun 30 with 1380 viewspaulparker

How lucky is boregate
He even tried to throw it away still when we went 2-1 up by putting 10 men behind the ball

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 22:50 - Jun 30 with 1191 viewsParkRoyalR

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 20:59 - Jun 30 by bosh67

Tonie made a huge difference. He's just so calm and has real game intelligence. We looked so much better with him and Kane up top.

Decent if basic headed assist but I thought looked a level below any other player technique wise and made zero effort out of possession compared to other Subs like Gallagher,

Given the team has no structure or tactics and resorted to aimless crosses, if they don't up their game soon he'll likely be their best option, which is a damning indictment of Southgate and his laughably inept backroom team.
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 22:54 - Jun 30 with 1168 viewsBluce_Ree

Palmer looked way better than Foden. That's one change I need to see in the next match.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 22:56 - Jun 30 with 1157 viewsstrikerace

Toney, Eze, Palmer, and Mainoo, Southgate needs to take out his "untouchable" players and start playing the guys who can fit the system. Even like to see Bowen out there.
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 22:57 - Jun 30 with 1156 viewsdaveB

England were poor for most of the game, looked nervous beforehand and just never got going. Foden & Saka just not working out wide, Stones and Walker really poor, we got better second half but not by much.

Couldn't see us scoring but what a goal by Bellingham.
Extra time was just as bad after we scored but got over the line, performance and result similar to Germany struggling to beat Algeria in 2014 world cup.

So much to improve on but a massive hurdle conquered today to win that game

I'll leave this one with you whilst you spend another week slaughtering the manager and his staff

1968 - 2018 - England won 6 knockout games

We've won 7 so far under Southgate
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 23:00 - Jun 30 with 1153 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 22:57 - Jun 30 by daveB

England were poor for most of the game, looked nervous beforehand and just never got going. Foden & Saka just not working out wide, Stones and Walker really poor, we got better second half but not by much.

Extra time was just as bad after we scored but got over the line, performance and result similar to Germany struggling to beat Algeria in 2014 world cup.

I'll leave this one with you whilst you spend another week slaughtering the manager and his staff

Sounds like you are saying that we are playing shit and winning under Southgate rather than playing shit and losing under almost everyone else.
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 23:26 - Jun 30 with 1029 viewsCiderwithRsie

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 20:46 - Jun 30 by hubble

Toney looks good though, doesn't he. He's a smart footballer. I like him. And Southgate is definitely lucky. Finding his best team out as he stumbles along and just about keeping his balance. It's a tightrope act. Gareth Blondini.

Pretty much what Bobby Robson did in '86.
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 23:34 - Jun 30 with 997 viewsStanisgod

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 20:00 - Jun 30 by kensalriser

We did deserve it, we scored more goals than they did and they were good goals, not flukes. There's no bonus for scoring early or first.

Not that I'm arguing it wasn't another rank performance. Another one like that and Switzerland will win as easily as they beat Italy.

So Eze didn't completely mis kick the ball for the second goal set up then ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 23:49 - Jun 30 with 932 viewsrbee

daveB

''I'll leave this one with you whilst you spend another week slaughtering the manager and his staff''

People go over the top for sure but the nations media really are the villains here. Journalists and pundits alike have put the England team on a pedestal and whipped up the country in to believing that we are the favourites to win the tournament. Exactly the same people then turn on the manager and players when they put on poor performances . We should be turning on them for getting it so wrong!

Gareth and his team have been very poor but they are still in the competition. The more pragmatic of us have never expected England to win the Euros.
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 23:50 - Jun 30 with 929 viewsNed_Kennedys

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 23:26 - Jun 30 by CiderwithRsie

Pretty much what Bobby Robson did in '86.

The difference is that Southgate will just pick the same team again apart from the enforced Guehi change.
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 23:56 - Jun 30 with 906 viewsrbee

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 23:34 - Jun 30 by Stanisgod

Not completely no as the ball ended up in the penalty area.
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 23:59 - Jun 30 with 899 viewsstowmarketrange

To be fair there weren’t round of 16 games to win in most of those previous 50 years,and that’s where a few of Southgate’s 7 wins have come from.

A lot of previous winners of the Euros haven’t had the same quality players that we have in this current squad,but Southgate needs to find a way to allow them to play as a team capable of actually winning something.
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 00:09 - Jul 1 with 872 viewsrbee

Too late I think as he took the wrong players to the tournament. He took a risk with Luke Shaw which is fine by me but he didn't take another left back with him so we start the competition with square pegs in round holes which is simply bonkers.
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 00:18 - Jul 1 with 828 viewsParkRoyalR

Slaughtering the Manager, no shot on target for 90 minutes and he made 1 forced substitution on 65mins and a tactical substitution on 86mins, blokes on £5m quid a year and he's clueless.
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 00:23 - Jul 1 with 816 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Saka has been awful the entire tournament, really disappointing, Foden also and so many others...but we are still in it and who knows. Its going to take a LOT though if we are going to progress, changes have to be made, we didn't win this one because of the starting 11....so the changes should come naturally but Southgate will probably stick to the same old...that performance is a loss against the big guns.
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 00:36 - Jul 1 with 785 viewskensalriser

Saka has been poor and hasn't done enough to keep a starting place in front of Palmer.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 00:44 - Jul 1 with 778 viewsqueensparker

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 23:34 - Jun 30 by Stanisgod

He had a shot, instead of taking three touches and passing it back to Pickford. It was a shite shot obviously but what do you know - it led to a goal.

Why this team are so terrified of playing forward given how good they are I don’t know. Show some bollox and they’ll beat anyone
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 00:45 - Jul 1 with 777 viewsrbee

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 00:18 - Jul 1 by ParkRoyalR

Slaughtering the Manager, no shot on target for 90 minutes and he made 1 forced substitution on 65mins and a tactical substitution on 86mins, blokes on £5m quid a year and he's clueless.

What's new? Gareth is a lucky manager but his record so far is stealing defeat from the jaws of victory.

Gareth has five days to go back to the drawing board, wipe it clean and start over. He should look at his squad forget about personalities and history and concentrate on selecting a team capable of beating the Swiss. This team should take to the field confident, crystal clear on what is expected of them and the roles they should play.

I do not believe that Gareth and his team are capable of doing this whereas the vast majority of Premier League managers are. I hope he proves me wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024