Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread 23:10 - Jun 25 with 24926 viewsNed_Kennedys

We’ve had three match threads from a Southgate fan and three terrible England performances so surely it’s time to have one from a Southgate critic?

Walker switched to LB, TAA in at right back, Bellingham dropped back next to Rice, Foden central, Gordon on the left and Palmer on the right. Come on Gareth: you can do it!
[Post edited 27 Jun 15:28]
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 17:59 - Jul 2 with 372 viewsJuzzie

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 17:46 - Jul 2 by Benny_the_Ball

"2018 was a fortunate draw, although if you win your group you will generally get a better draw."

England didn't win the group in 2018. They finished second to Belgium yet landed on the kinder half of the draw.

I couldn't believe how Belgium 'allowed' themselves to end up on the harder side of the draw. I get the notion that you should go out to win every match but this is a tournament not a League season so sometimes you have to be a bit more 'cute' about things.
Draw and I'm pretty sure England top the group meaning Belgium are on the easier side. Or if a draw isn't enough due to GD/GF/head-to-head/rock, paper, scissors, then 'accidentally' lose the game. I'm pretty sure Belgium would have got to the Final had they been on our side of the knockout phase.
England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 21:17 - Jul 2 with 219 viewsdaveB

England v Slovakia last 16 Match Thread on 17:46 - Jul 2 by Benny_the_Ball

"2018 was a fortunate draw, although if you win your group you will generally get a better draw."

England didn't win the group in 2018. They finished second to Belgium yet landed on the kinder half of the draw.

Yeah that was the weird game when we played Belgium and both sides would have been quite happy to lose, The Belgium winner was a bit of a freak goal from memory as well

Spain were in our half of the draw but lost to Russia in the 2nd round which really opened it up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024