Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oliver Ntcham 11:57 - Aug 31 with 24355 viewsChief

Surely he'd want a decent signing on fee and hefty wages?

Is this something we'd actually go for?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Oliver Ntcham on 21:00 - Sep 1 with 2455 viewspencoedjack

Oliver Ntcham on 15:32 - Sep 1 by londonlisa2001

Couldn’t agree more.

It’s baffling.

We’ve also left ourselves completely unable to change shape if needed (a plan B) as almost all our players are exactly the same.

I’d also say we needed another number 9. Obafemi has taken the number but not sure he’s a number 9. No idea whether he could be.

If we are playing two up top and Piroe for example gets injured for any time what on earth are we going to do?

Edited to add: the issue at number 8 is why I can only assume the plan is to play Ntcham at 10. He did in his early days at Genoa.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 15:34]

Dhanda?

Highly rated by some surprised there wasn’t a queue of teams lining up to take this talented footballer off our hands.
Oliver Ntcham on 21:00 - Sep 1 with 2455 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oliver Ntcham on 20:48 - Sep 1 by max936

Looks that way, although he probably won't get that much room in the Championship that often, clever player, I've seen him play for Celtic on the Tele and he's always impressed me, hope that continues, hopefully he'll get that form back, think it'll take him a while though.

I think he will - Piroe drags players all over the place and Walsh is a tricky customer on form. The way he can beat a man as shown on the clip should happen in the championship. He’s very physical too, he won’t get brushed off the ball easily!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Oliver Ntcham on 21:48 - Sep 1 with 2355 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oliver Ntcham on 21:00 - Sep 1 by pencoedjack

Dhanda?

Highly rated by some surprised there wasn’t a queue of teams lining up to take this talented footballer off our hands.

AngryJack knows best

Oliver Ntcham on 22:15 - Sep 1 with 2280 viewsangryjack

Oliver Ntcham on 21:48 - Sep 1 by Brynmill_Jack

AngryJack knows best

Stand by it give him run games and he will create
Oliver Ntcham on 22:25 - Sep 1 with 2232 viewsAndyCole

Oliver Ntcham on 14:34 - Sep 1 by londonlisa2001

When he was a kid at Man City they had incredibly high hopes for him.

As I said yesterday, he will either be the standout signing of the season in the championship or a disaster.

At 25 if it’s the former it will bode very well. We’ve been desperate for a player like that for an awfully long time.

Martin appears to be particularly renowned for his man management skills, similar to Brendan, so the fact that Brendan got a real tune out of him should be positive. As is the fact he’s prepared to play at this level to be honest. May suggest he’s showing some humility and wants to start to fulfil his potential.

Not sure where we’ll play him though. He’s played at 10 and 8. Given our other options or lack of them, we may plan to use him as a 10 with Walsh at 8.

Ah, such a relief, and exactly what we needed to hear about Martin's man-management, which to date has been more than suspect.

Most especially the way in which he stripped Piroe of the #9 jersey, binned him from the initially selected inaugural 1st team squad of the season and sent him home; and of course the way in which he criticised the senior players for disobeying him in their heroic achievement of winning the game against Bristol despite, not because of RM's decision making.

Mind sharing your sources about Martin 'appearing to be being particularly renowned for his man management skills, similar to Brendan,?' Fascinating.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Oliver Ntcham on 23:08 - Sep 1 with 2177 viewslondonlisa2001

Oliver Ntcham on 22:25 - Sep 1 by AndyCole

Ah, such a relief, and exactly what we needed to hear about Martin's man-management, which to date has been more than suspect.

Most especially the way in which he stripped Piroe of the #9 jersey, binned him from the initially selected inaugural 1st team squad of the season and sent him home; and of course the way in which he criticised the senior players for disobeying him in their heroic achievement of winning the game against Bristol despite, not because of RM's decision making.

Mind sharing your sources about Martin 'appearing to be being particularly renowned for his man management skills, similar to Brendan,?' Fascinating.

Not entirely certain what your problem is - anything specific or are you just an a*se?
Oliver Ntcham on 00:26 - Sep 2 with 2099 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oliver Ntcham on 23:08 - Sep 1 by londonlisa2001

Not entirely certain what your problem is - anything specific or are you just an a*se?

Too exhaustive to list. But mainly being an arse

Oliver Ntcham on 06:08 - Sep 2 with 2005 viewsDr_Winston

I'm sitting here reading the discussion about how the squad now lacks the ability to change shape/formation/use Plan B and it's all very interesting, but I can't help but wonder, in comparison, just how often we changed shape/formation/used Plan B between 2007 and 2014.

In fact, the more I wonder, the more I come to the conclusion that it was Garry Monk's belief that we needed to f*ck with what had worked very successfully for the best part of a decade and be able to change shape/formation/use Plan B that played a big part in getting us into this position in the first place.

Pick a system. Coach and drill your players into being comfortable in that system. Replace and upgrade on those who can't. Have alternatives who can provide something different within the same basic framework. The more variables you introduce the more complicated you make life for yourself.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Oliver Ntcham on 12:08 - Sep 2 with 1873 viewsvetchonian

Oliver Ntcham on 06:08 - Sep 2 by Dr_Winston

I'm sitting here reading the discussion about how the squad now lacks the ability to change shape/formation/use Plan B and it's all very interesting, but I can't help but wonder, in comparison, just how often we changed shape/formation/used Plan B between 2007 and 2014.

In fact, the more I wonder, the more I come to the conclusion that it was Garry Monk's belief that we needed to f*ck with what had worked very successfully for the best part of a decade and be able to change shape/formation/use Plan B that played a big part in getting us into this position in the first place.

Pick a system. Coach and drill your players into being comfortable in that system. Replace and upgrade on those who can't. Have alternatives who can provide something different within the same basic framework. The more variables you introduce the more complicated you make life for yourself.

Funny that didnt you criticise our previous manager for not adapting tactically during games or being found out by playing his system?
We changed a bit under Roberto as personnel changed his philosphy was to get the ball forward quickly along the deckbut it was mixed up with some long ball especially when Gomez joined.
YOu are right though we as a club lost our way as we should have used the acadamy to develop players to play the style ( I have repeatedly asked why we never developed a Leon type...especially as he was around the club to explain and "coach" others into what he did...what Roberto asked him to do) and also coaches so there was a natural progression and the "SWansea Way could have been established and continued but hey

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Oliver Ntcham on 12:43 - Sep 2 with 1840 viewsdobjack2

Oliver Ntcham on 06:08 - Sep 2 by Dr_Winston

I felt that under Monk plan B turned into plan A and we never recovered from that.
Oliver Ntcham on 13:15 - Sep 2 with 1777 viewsReslovenSwan1

Oliver Ntcham on 12:43 - Sep 2 by dobjack2

I felt that under Monk plan B turned into plan A and we never recovered from that.

I seemed to remember at the time there were concerns under Laudrup that Bony was making moves and not getting the ball early enough. Bony's strength on the ball was well known and his hold up play and strength legendary.

Monk addressed this by less tikka takka and a more direct style. It worked for Bony who ended up the leagues top scorer in one calendar year 2014 possibly. Like most things there has to be some pragmatism.

My concern is pass accuracy in all parts of the field. Swansea players of late and Welsh player simply do not pass accurately and offer too many 50:50 opportunities to be robbed. They did not do this under Martinez, Laudrup and especially Brendan.

Wales have tidied up their passing watching the game last night but in the Finnish penalty area passing accuracy dropped of a cliff as Wilson Roberts and co lost composure playing in areas not into the feet. They left 3 goal behind because of this.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Oliver Ntcham on 19:18 - Sep 2 with 1676 viewsDr_Winston

Oliver Ntcham on 12:43 - Sep 2 by dobjack2

Monk's biggest problem was that he was desperate to prove himself smarter than the manager who tried to move him out of the club. Didn't really work out.

I'd recommend his autobiography to anyone who hasn't read it. It's a fascinating insight into the psyche of a man utterly thin skinned and capable of carrying ten times his body weight in grudges.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Oliver Ntcham on 20:26 - Sep 2 with 1629 viewsWalterBoyd

Oliver Ntcham on 19:18 - Sep 2 by Dr_Winston

Monk's biggest problem was that he was desperate to prove himself smarter than the manager who tried to move him out of the club. Didn't really work out.

I'd recommend his autobiography to anyone who hasn't read it. It's a fascinating insight into the psyche of a man utterly thin skinned and capable of carrying ten times his body weight in grudges.

The only interesting and truly astounding part of Monks autobiography, great defender and captain, but so far up his own Arsenal......

Although Monk admitted in 2010 the Swans learned a lot defensively from Sousa, he claimed there had been no great organisation to his training and later wrote in his autobiography: “I’m glad we didn’t get into the play-offs with Paulo, as he did not deserve to be the one to take us to the Premiership. He had not earned that right. I saw Paulo’s time in charge as a wasted season.”
Oliver Ntcham on 06:38 - Sep 3 with 1517 viewsAndyCole

Oliver Ntcham on 23:08 - Sep 1 by londonlisa2001

Your puerile response suggests you have no source. Or even any examples.

Plenty of examples of mis-management. Potentially destroying Whittaker's new-found confidence after a rare hat trick for the team. And selecting Cullen yet again, not giving Whittaker any minutes when we desperately needed to get back into the game against Preston.

'ar*e' - how very apt that you of all people choose to lower the tone with that Big word, of all words.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Oliver Ntcham on 10:27 - Sep 3 with 1427 viewsonehunglow

Oliver Ntcham on 22:25 - Sep 1 by AndyCole

Whist at the same time starting Cullen

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Oliver Ntcham on 10:29 - Sep 3 with 1426 viewsonehunglow

Oliver Ntcham on 00:26 - Sep 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Too exhaustive to list. But mainly being an arse

But lisa s comments weren't directed at you Steve so stop butting in with assumptions son

Oliver Ntcham on 17:19 - Sep 3 with 1338 viewsEvs

Oliver Ntcham on 10:29 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

But lisa s comments weren't directed at you Steve so stop butting in with assumptions son

This is a forum?

Getting back on topic. The bit about Piroe being a prime example of RM's lack of man-management skills?

I think even the most pessimistic old curmudgeon would be relatively happy with Piroe's personal contribution thus far? (initial, inaugural etc etc)
Oliver Ntcham on 17:52 - Sep 3 with 1301 viewsonehunglow

Oliver Ntcham on 21:00 - Sep 1 by Brynmill_Jack

I think he will - Piroe drags players all over the place and Walsh is a tricky customer on form. The way he can beat a man as shown on the clip should happen in the championship. He’s very physical too, he won’t get brushed off the ball easily!

Right now,he seems incapable of brushing his teeth without injury

Oliver Ntcham on 17:54 - Sep 3 with 1300 viewsonehunglow

Grudges eh.

Oliver Ntcham on 19:47 - Sep 3 with 1255 viewsBadlands

Who tried to move him out?
Sousa didn’t. Despite Sousa's rightful indignation towards Monk for shaking hands with Linington after the worst and most biased refereeing performances of all time Sousa kept him in the side and captain to boot.
Much of Monk's comments and those of his last year as a player are figments of his imagination.
Until it was pointed out to him just a few years ago Sousa had no idea Monk had slagged him off.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 19:53]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Oliver Ntcham on 22:46 - Sep 3 with 1191 viewsKilkennyjack

Beware of the Risen People

Oliver Ntcham on 23:09 - Sep 3 with 1163 viewsmax936

Oliver Ntcham on 22:46 - Sep 3 by Kilkennyjack

Hope he can repeat his form at Celtic here, he'll be brilliant, he was at his best there, I think I may have posted back at the time he'd be a hell of a signing for us, but thought he'd be unattainable and would go to a bigger club, but his career seems to have faltered, for whatever reason.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Oliver Ntcham on 08:12 - Sep 4 with 1077 viewsDr_Winston

Oliver Ntcham on 19:47 - Sep 3 by Badlands

Who tried to move him out?
Sousa didn’t. Despite Sousa's rightful indignation towards Monk for shaking hands with Linington after the worst and most biased refereeing performances of all time Sousa kept him in the side and captain to boot.
Much of Monk's comments and those of his last year as a player are figments of his imagination.
Until it was pointed out to him just a few years ago Sousa had no idea Monk had slagged him off.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 19:53]

Who mentioned Sousa?

One of the first things Laudrup did was try to palm him off on Bristol City. Monk spent the next two years pouring poison into Jenkins' ears and got what he wanted in the end.

Oliver Ntcham on 08:22 - Sep 4 with 1054 viewsDr_Parnassus

Oliver Ntcham on 08:12 - Sep 4 by Dr_Winston

Who mentioned Sousa?

One of the first things Laudrup did was try to palm him off on Bristol City. Monk spent the next two years pouring poison into Jenkins' ears and got what he wanted in the end.

Laudrup was rightly sacked.

I was at the West Ham game that proved the final straw, and it was horrific. Ashley Williams was pretty vocal about Laudrup's tactics not working, specifically surrounding how we dealt with Andy Carroll who tore us a new one, and other players called the performance embarrassing - which it was.

When he was sacked we were 2 points above the relegation zone in February and the form of the last 12 months, as well as the performances were the worst they had been at that level since we got there. We got 6 points from a possible 30, in his last 10 games.

People don't like to hear it but those are the facts.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2021 8:26]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Oliver Ntcham on 09:10 - Sep 4 with 1012 viewsWhiterockin

Oliver Ntcham on 08:22 - Sep 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Laudrup was rightly sacked.

I was at the West Ham game that proved the final straw, and it was horrific. Ashley Williams was pretty vocal about Laudrup's tactics not working, specifically surrounding how we dealt with Andy Carroll who tore us a new one, and other players called the performance embarrassing - which it was.

When he was sacked we were 2 points above the relegation zone in February and the form of the last 12 months, as well as the performances were the worst they had been at that level since we got there. We got 6 points from a possible 30, in his last 10 games.

People don't like to hear it but those are the facts.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2021 8:26]

Laudrup won us our only major trophy and got us fantastic results in Europe. For me he is up there with our greatest managers. So many fabulous memories, for me that's what football is all about, entertainment, excitement and fabulous memories.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024