Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still fuming after that shambollic performance 18:07 - Dec 20 with 17899 viewsMoonyDale

By the most inept official seen at Spotland for many a day. Along with his clown assistants who did fook all this afternoon, we were cheated out of three points today make no mistake and for one such as myself who never rants about ref's to be so angry says much about his performance. We were so far ahead of Cheaty in all departments that to come away with a point feels like a defeat. That diving play acting 37 should have seen red in the first half, and if that is the style of football they have to watch I almost feel sorry for them. You can keep your unbeaten away run going when you play like that, utter sh1te.......Take that Warwick Davis lookalike's refereeing qualifications off him and never let him near a game again.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 17:47 - Dec 21 with 2791 viewsKenBoon

Not to be pedantic, but I believe the 14 points is inaccurate as Nottingham County also had two games in hand. I guess that isn't quite as catchy though.
I was disappointed at the lack of Wall Paper banners with Keith spelt incorrectly on.
Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 18:06 - Dec 21 with 2720 viewsTalkingSutty

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 17:44 - Dec 21 by itschalky

If you think that we went around lauding it up and I disagree with that,you wait until Forest come to town,their heads are enormous, they honestly believe that they are a Premiership club and look down on small clubs like ours...

Due to their European cup exploits and association with on of the best managers of all time, they are in a position to think of themselves as a big club, i mean trying to compare Jimmy Frizzell with Brian Clough is pretty difficult isn't it?. Always had a soft spot for Forest and they do have a big loyal fan base.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 18:09]
Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 18:27 - Dec 21 with 2651 viewsTVOS1907

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 18:06 - Dec 21 by TalkingSutty

Due to their European cup exploits and association with on of the best managers of all time, they are in a position to think of themselves as a big club, i mean trying to compare Jimmy Frizzell with Brian Clough is pretty difficult isn't it?. Always had a soft spot for Forest and they do have a big loyal fan base.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 18:09]

Think you mean Jimmy Sirrell, TS.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 18:28 - Dec 21 with 2648 viewsTVOS1907

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 17:44 - Dec 21 by itschalky

If you think that we went around lauding it up and I disagree with that,you wait until Forest come to town,their heads are enormous, they honestly believe that they are a Premiership club and look down on small clubs like ours...

This is only a guess, but I imagine they only act like that when they are around County fans.

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 18:32 - Dec 21 with 2642 viewsBrighouseMagpie

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 22:52 - Dec 20 by WhiteyBFC

They robbed us of three points at Oakwell a couple of months back. Very 'official savvy' are County. We were 2-0 up though, to be fair, but some crude tactics and way too much luck gifted them the most unthinkable victory in years.

It happens like that for some clubs. Meant to be etc etc.

So aye, at least you got a point out of the fcukers.

And I notice RNL is now restricted to sitting on his arse again. Shame.

Sad Sad Sad Tyke, sign on sign on!

We all have to play to our strengths and if you can't cope then you need to look internally, not blame everyone else but look at yourselves, you are not in the premier league any more Barnsley and never should have been - Brazil......ha, don't make me laugh!

COYP's
Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 18:34 - Dec 21 with 2629 views442Dale

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 18:32 - Dec 21 by BrighouseMagpie

Sad Sad Sad Tyke, sign on sign on!

We all have to play to our strengths and if you can't cope then you need to look internally, not blame everyone else but look at yourselves, you are not in the premier league any more Barnsley and never should have been - Brazil......ha, don't make me laugh!

COYP's

This made my Christmas.

Please return.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 18:47 - Dec 21 with 2590 viewsBoss_Hog

A couple of things to add regarding the decision:

1) Referee Mathieson is one of the few officials on the FL who 'swops' his assistants at half-time so that you stay with the same defences. Unusual but something I'm led to believe he's done for a while.

2) The 2 players in the offside position in the build-up to the goal cannot be offside from Gary Jones first ball into the box. As soon as the Dale player intentionally plays at the ball and they haven't challenged for it, it becomes 2nd phase and they are active again. They would, however, be active if the ball comes last off a Notts County player after Rose (?) attempted clearance hits their man and goes forward. Complicated I know.
Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 18:55 - Dec 21 with 2565 views442Dale

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 18:47 - Dec 21 by Boss_Hog

1) Referee Mathieson is one of the few officials on the FL who 'swops' his assistants at half-time so that you stay with the same defences. Unusual but something I'm led to believe he's done for a while.

2) The 2 players in the offside position in the build-up to the goal cannot be offside from Gary Jones first ball into the box. As soon as the Dale player intentionally plays at the ball and they haven't challenged for it, it becomes 2nd phase and they are active again. They would, however, be active if the ball comes last off a Notts County player after Rose (?) attempted clearance hits their man and goes forward. Complicated I know.

Watching it again, the defending really is poor. Think it was O'Connell who didn't manage to clear, but that followed Lancashire's poor header and preceded statues once the ball went towards Lillis. A foul for sure though. Poor decision that ultimately cost us victory.

Login to get fewer ads

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 19:16 - Dec 21 with 2526 viewsBrighouseMagpie

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 18:34 - Dec 21 by 442Dale

This made my Christmas.

Please return.

Thanks 442 Dale,

I left the ground yesterday with my 14 yr old boy and 12 yr old daughter, now I know there were 1 or 2 upset dale fans but the language and threatening behaviour to us after leaving the ground because I was lary enough to wear a black and white scarf was quite disgusting.

All clubs have their mindless few, but the one who felt my metal flask in his nether regions for trying to come face to face will hopefully think twice the next time he comes large with a father of 2......

Disappointed but I know he's not representative of you all, there are some Dale fans with the right amount of digits on each hand...lol
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 19:18]
Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 19:23 - Dec 21 with 2508 viewsBrighouseDale

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 19:16 - Dec 21 by BrighouseMagpie

Thanks 442 Dale,

I left the ground yesterday with my 14 yr old boy and 12 yr old daughter, now I know there were 1 or 2 upset dale fans but the language and threatening behaviour to us after leaving the ground because I was lary enough to wear a black and white scarf was quite disgusting.

All clubs have their mindless few, but the one who felt my metal flask in his nether regions for trying to come face to face will hopefully think twice the next time he comes large with a father of 2......

Disappointed but I know he's not representative of you all, there are some Dale fans with the right amount of digits on each hand...lol

Bloody hell, a Notts County supporter in Brighouse? You could've given me a lift!

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 19:28 - Dec 21 with 2492 views442Dale

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 19:16 - Dec 21 by BrighouseMagpie

Thanks 442 Dale,

I was being ironic. That rant at Whitey was quite unique.

However, apologies for what you endured after the game.

Also, never, EVER use "lol" on here again. Or "selfie". You didn't, but you might, so please don't.

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 19:34 - Dec 21 with 2473 viewsTalkingSutty

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 18:27 - Dec 21 by TVOS1907

Think you mean Jimmy Sirrell, TS.

Cheers for that, got my Jimmys mixed up. Frizzell was the Biffos manager many moons ago.
Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 20:02 - Dec 21 with 2398 viewsrkershaw

Didn't realise that Mathieson was working again today.......at Anfield (97 mins!!!!!!!)
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 20:04]
Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 20:07 - Dec 21 with 2384 viewsArthurDaley

Referees are people ( honest they are) everybody has a bad day at times.
But why the h*ll do they always have to have a bad day at Spotland.

A large VAT Dave

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 20:08 - Dec 21 with 2378 viewsBrighouseDale

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 20:07 - Dec 21 by ArthurDaley

Seems we're not the only ones conceding a late equaliser in additional extra added time this weekend- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30467742

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 20:11 - Dec 21 with 2363 viewsrkershaw

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 20:07 - Dec 21 by ArthurDaley

A bit of research into the ref in question brings to light a plethora of game changing decisions. Don't think he will be on Brian Mcdermott/Dave Jones and Joey Bartons' christmas lists for starters!!!
Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 20:28 - Dec 21 with 2318 viewssteofthedale

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 18:47 - Dec 21 by Boss_Hog

The deflections off Dale players are irrelevant as the County players are offside as Jonah passes the ball back into the box. At no point in that action do Dale have possession of the ball.

A player in an offside position commits an infringement if in the opinion of the referee they are involved in active play by:

interfering with play,or
interfering with an opponent, or
gaining an advantage by being in that position.

Hence why County rightly consider they were very fortunate indeed.

steofthedale*

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 21:02 - Dec 21 with 2248 viewsdingdangblue

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 17:47 - Dec 21 by KenBoon

Not to be pedantic, but I believe the 14 points is inaccurate as Nottingham County also had two games in hand. I guess that isn't quite as catchy though.
I was disappointed at the lack of Wall Paper banners with Keith spelt incorrectly on.

Not to be pedantic - but it was worse than 14 points! When we beat Cheltenham on the 23rd Jan we went 18 points clear of Notts Cheaty. I know they had 4 games in hand but an amazingly bad run from us and an astonishing run by them (think they won 15 of last 17 games? Scuppered our nailed on title bid.
http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-two/2009-2010/table/2010-01-
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 21:03]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 22:56 - Dec 21 with 2124 viewsNinco

Just listened to Derry on Notts County's version of Dale Player and when they asked him how he felt about their second goal, he said he doesn't really care about how the Rochdale fans are feeling. What a t@sser this bloke is. Fair enough, I can understand him taking the point, but if your a decent bloke, you have some sympathy with the other team's fans and don't just say you don't care. I really hope we thrash them when we next play them. Can't stand the man.
Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 05:47 - Dec 22 with 2020 viewsSandyman

Not arsed what Derry has to say. He knows full well that his team avoided defeat because of the ineptitude (or worse) of referee Notts Mathieson.
Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 07:32 - Dec 22 with 1980 viewsmikehunt

Yep. Having reviewed the highlights I think, had the ref disallowed the goal, nobody from either side would be discussing it now. We were saying during the game that he didn't appear to want us to win and he certainly got his way in the end.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 10:08 - Dec 22 with 1887 viewsParkinsGimp

I thought our defending for both their goals was shambolic, we didnt react to the second one at all, so no offside it came from our player, and I dont even think it was a foul on Lillis, he should of covered that ball.
Just one of those things I'm afraid , we have to move on , no point moaning about it, the dimwit had a terrible game it wont be the last time , and I am sure we will get the rub of the green sometime soon....please!
Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 11:48 - Dec 22 with 1814 viewsJethroTheCat

Good Morning all. Notts Chea.....err......County fan here. ;-)

On the subject of the three blind mice we had in charge on Saturday, I feel I must point out that they weren't only giving poor decisions in Notts' favour. The first-half incident for which Vincenti was booked for fouling Whitehouse should've been a straight red card, because Vincenti clearly stepped on Whitehouse while he was on the ground. The ref saw it and how the **** he didn't deem it to be violent conduct is a mystery. Then we have the elbow to the head of McLaughlin, which the ref and his lino (standing 5 yards away) apparently didn't see. Deliberate ? Only your player knows that, but he certainly led with the elbow and that's supposed to be a red card offence, deliberate or not. As for our late late late equaliser.......you can't see from the visitors' seats wether anybody was offside or not, but it did look as though Murray fouled your keeper before the ball broke for Thompson. I think if I'm honest, we were all surprised that the goal stood, but of course we'll take it. We've had more than our share of dodgy decisions costing us points this season, so it's "swings and roundabouts". The time added on........well, you had a player booked in the closing minutes for kicking the ball about 40 yards after the whistle had gone........and another who did similar but wasn't booked.....and whilst Dale had the lead all the ballboys stayed sitting down and stopped retrieving the ball for throw-ins etc. only to be up on their toes again after the equaliser. Also the referee had to speak briefly on two occasions to Dale players who were down "injured" but suddenly up and running around again within seconds of being spoken to. All of that creates stoppage time. The incident right at the end with Roy Carroll......I'm afraid that was pure cheating on the part of your striker. There was no contact with Carroll whatsoever. In fact, it seems that if that incident was caught on the match video camera, Notts are to submit it to the League as part of an official complaint. And why should Shaun Derry have any sympathy for the angry fans who he says had been abusing him from behind the dugout all afternoon ? He's concerned with his own team, not the opposition. We played very poorly in the second half, chucked away the lead, and ended up scraping a lucky draw. Derry is unhappy with that, but he's thankful for the point.
Finally, what a shame The Church Inn has gone. I've had many a pint of JWLees in there over the years (even when we've been playing at Oldham !!) and never had any problems mixing with Dale supporters. We ended up in The Baum instead on Saturday. Cracking little pub. Anyway......Merry Xmas to you all, and a happy healthy and prosperous New Year. We'll resume "hostilities" in March when hopefully both clubs will still be defying the odds at the top end and I hope you bring a good following down to the San Sirrel.
Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 11:55 - Dec 22 with 1808 viewsTVOS1907

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 11:48 - Dec 22 by JethroTheCat

Good Morning all. Notts Chea.....err......County fan here. ;-)

On the subject of the three blind mice we had in charge on Saturday, I feel I must point out that they weren't only giving poor decisions in Notts' favour. The first-half incident for which Vincenti was booked for fouling Whitehouse should've been a straight red card, because Vincenti clearly stepped on Whitehouse while he was on the ground. The ref saw it and how the **** he didn't deem it to be violent conduct is a mystery. Then we have the elbow to the head of McLaughlin, which the ref and his lino (standing 5 yards away) apparently didn't see. Deliberate ? Only your player knows that, but he certainly led with the elbow and that's supposed to be a red card offence, deliberate or not. As for our late late late equaliser.......you can't see from the visitors' seats wether anybody was offside or not, but it did look as though Murray fouled your keeper before the ball broke for Thompson. I think if I'm honest, we were all surprised that the goal stood, but of course we'll take it. We've had more than our share of dodgy decisions costing us points this season, so it's "swings and roundabouts". The time added on........well, you had a player booked in the closing minutes for kicking the ball about 40 yards after the whistle had gone........and another who did similar but wasn't booked.....and whilst Dale had the lead all the ballboys stayed sitting down and stopped retrieving the ball for throw-ins etc. only to be up on their toes again after the equaliser. Also the referee had to speak briefly on two occasions to Dale players who were down "injured" but suddenly up and running around again within seconds of being spoken to. All of that creates stoppage time. The incident right at the end with Roy Carroll......I'm afraid that was pure cheating on the part of your striker. There was no contact with Carroll whatsoever. In fact, it seems that if that incident was caught on the match video camera, Notts are to submit it to the League as part of an official complaint. And why should Shaun Derry have any sympathy for the angry fans who he says had been abusing him from behind the dugout all afternoon ? He's concerned with his own team, not the opposition. We played very poorly in the second half, chucked away the lead, and ended up scraping a lucky draw. Derry is unhappy with that, but he's thankful for the point.
Finally, what a shame The Church Inn has gone. I've had many a pint of JWLees in there over the years (even when we've been playing at Oldham !!) and never had any problems mixing with Dale supporters. We ended up in The Baum instead on Saturday. Cracking little pub. Anyway......Merry Xmas to you all, and a happy healthy and prosperous New Year. We'll resume "hostilities" in March when hopefully both clubs will still be defying the odds at the top end and I hope you bring a good following down to the San Sirrel.

Re. the incident with Carroll and Henderson...

I didn't see it at the time, but one of my supporting colleagues, who stands on Sandy Lane, said it was a completely accidental collision and as far as I can recall, neither player made anything of it.

I also think it's only been mentioned by a couple on here, so it's really irrelevant.

What grounds have Notts got to make an official complaint over? Hopefully the antics of your number 37 weren't caught on camera either, if we're going down that road.

I actually agree with you about Derry and am surprised his words have caused some angst on here.

I'm sure our following at Meadow Lane will be a greater percentage of our average home crowd than your 333 was, although there's a long way to go until March and it is a midweek fixture.

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 12:12 - Dec 22 with 1780 viewsJethroTheCat

Still fuming after that shambollic performance on 18:28 - Dec 21 by TVOS1907

This is only a guess, but I imagine they only act like that when they are around County fans.

No...they are like that all the time. They have John McGovern as a "pundit" on the local BBC radio and he can't get a sentence out without mentioning Brian Clough or the European Cup. It was getting on for 40 years ago but they still talk about it as if it was last season. Many of the fans who actually witnessed it are now dead.

A few years back when Forest were in L1 and Notts County in L2, their fans said Notts were not their local rivals because Notts were a division below them. They said DERBY were their local rivals........but of course Derby were a division ABOVE. ;-)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024