Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to back England 18:59 - Jun 26 with 5905 views73__73

As the only British side left in the competition 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Time to back England on 21:35 - Jun 27 with 736 viewstrampie

Time to back England on 21:30 - Jun 27 by jack247

Why does anybody care whether other posters want England to win or lose?

As a generalisation indeed, England is a foreign country with different values.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Time to back England on 21:39 - Jun 27 with 723 viewsjack247

Time to back England on 21:35 - Jun 27 by trampie

That’s not the point, I want them to lose too. I just don’t see why anyone is bothered if other people are supporting them or wanting them out.
Time to back England on 21:41 - Jun 27 with 711 viewsGwyn737

Both ridiculous and childish.

What values are different?
Time to back England on 21:41 - Jun 27 with 709 viewstrampie

Time to back England on 21:39 - Jun 27 by jack247

That’s not the point, I want them to lose too. I just don’t see why anyone is bothered if other people are supporting them or wanting them out.

Treat them like any other foreign team butt, with indifference.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Time to back England on 21:43 - Jun 27 with 697 viewsonehunglow

As a generaliation,reading what you post the Welsh are 50 yrs behind.
Here is west Wirral,we too have lectric and running water.We use cutlery too.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Time to back England on 21:44 - Jun 27 with 697 viewsjack247

Time to back England on 21:41 - Jun 27 by trampie

I view them the same way as I view Cardiff domestically. The point I’m trying to make, is if the next man wants them to win the Euros, good for him
Time to back England on 21:46 - Jun 27 with 689 viewslifelong

Time to back England on 19:28 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

and the same when we read of "filthy,thieving ,drug dealing scum scousers"

Innit.

Of course, we can’t mention the scousers, you’ve only had that because of the crap you have been talking about Wales and Swansea over the years, but like the typical bully you are you just can’t take it. Off you go with your pm’s and complaints to the moderators…. Sad case.
Time to back England on 21:46 - Jun 27 with 691 viewsCatullus

Time to back England on 21:30 - Jun 27 by jack247

Why does anybody care whether other posters want England to win or lose?

That is the Million pound question. Why indeed? A cynic might wonder if there was an agenda or genuine xenophobia?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Time to back England on 21:47 - Jun 27 with 689 viewstrampie

Time to back England on 21:41 - Jun 27 by Gwyn737

Both ridiculous and childish.

What values are different?

It was said in the old days that the Welsh fight for family, friends, culture and that the English fight for land and possessions.
In more recent times Wales voted Liberal and not Tory and then after the creation of the Labour party they voted Labour and not Tory.
Different mind set, values, laws of Hywel Dda, sharing, equality as opposed to survival of the fittest, son and heir and all that.

Time to back England on 21:51 - Jun 27 with 678 viewsjack247

Time to back England on 21:46 - Jun 27 by Catullus

That is the Million pound question. Why indeed? A cynic might wonder if there was an agenda or genuine xenophobia?

Both ways to be fair. Some of those who are supporting them seem to be pretty riled by those who aren’t.
Time to back England on 21:52 - Jun 27 with 676 viewsGwyn737

Time to back England on 21:47 - Jun 27 by trampie

It was said in the old days that the Welsh fight for family, friends, culture and that the English fight for land and possessions.
In more recent times Wales voted Liberal and not Tory and then after the creation of the Labour party they voted Labour and not Tory.
Different mind set, values, laws of Hywel Dda, sharing, equality as opposed to survival of the fittest, son and heir and all that.

Changing though isn’t it? And that’s to my regret.

You can’t see it can you? I’m exactly the type of person you should should be targeting to push for independence.

Instead, your childish arguments have almost made me defend the Tories tonight. I’ll have to go and have a shower. I feel dirty.
Time to back England on 21:59 - Jun 27 with 667 viewstrampie

Time to back England on 21:52 - Jun 27 by Gwyn737

Changing though isn’t it? And that’s to my regret.

You can’t see it can you? I’m exactly the type of person you should should be targeting to push for independence.

Instead, your childish arguments have almost made me defend the Tories tonight. I’ll have to go and have a shower. I feel dirty.

Gwyn I have nothing to do with politics, I'm just a voter, you vote for who you want.

Time to back England on 22:16 - Jun 27 with 658 viewsReslovenSwan1

Time to back England on 19:48 - Jun 27 by Gwyn737

It’s not possible as I don’t fit your definition of the Welsh ‘race’ so it could never happen to me.

However my example I asked you about happens at every swans game. Which members of those clubs should be racially offended?

If I accused English people as abusers of farm animals I would expect English people to be offended. If a Welshman abused an English man and family with devient abuse for being English I would expect the SWP to arrest him and charge him. It just the rght and proper thing to do. If the reverse happens there is no difference, If the Football fan was of Pakistani race and a Welsh fan made abusive comments about his race I would expect the SWP to come down hard on him. Being Welsh should be not a legal free hit for the English far right racsist.

Remember I am not simply talking about chanting but also up close and personal after or before the game or even in everyday life. I have to assume if you find sheep banter acceptable you must find monkey and banana banter funny as well. Other people talk about zero tolerance including the club. They have to walk the walk to be taken seriously.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Time to back England on 22:25 - Jun 27 with 648 viewsBoundy

You have led sheltered life or one through books

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Time to back England on 22:27 - Jun 27 with 648 viewsjack_lord

Time to back England on 17:07 - Jun 27 by KeithHaynes

Royal Welch mascot my friend.
Gwell Angau na Chywilydd.

It makes so much sense when you say it like that.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Time to back England on 22:32 - Jun 27 with 639 viewstrampie

Time to back England on 22:25 - Jun 27 by Boundy

You have led sheltered life or one through books

Thinking about it there would be a lot to be said for leading a sheltered life, but that is not the case for me.

Time to back England on 22:32 - Jun 27 with 639 viewsGwyn737

Time to back England on 22:16 - Jun 27 by ReslovenSwan1

If I accused English people as abusers of farm animals I would expect English people to be offended. If a Welshman abused an English man and family with devient abuse for being English I would expect the SWP to arrest him and charge him. It just the rght and proper thing to do. If the reverse happens there is no difference, If the Football fan was of Pakistani race and a Welsh fan made abusive comments about his race I would expect the SWP to come down hard on him. Being Welsh should be not a legal free hit for the English far right racsist.

Remember I am not simply talking about chanting but also up close and personal after or before the game or even in everyday life. I have to assume if you find sheep banter acceptable you must find monkey and banana banter funny as well. Other people talk about zero tolerance including the club. They have to walk the walk to be taken seriously.

You assume wrongly.

I believe that sheep chants and monkey chants are not in the same ball park.

You’ve been clear that Welsh is a Celtic race (ginger etc.) so what is the English race?

Can that person of Asian decent be racially abused for being English, or do you not accept the that they are English because they’re of Pakistani decent?

I get the feeling you think I’m anti Welsh, in fact it the polar opposite. I’m so comfortable in my own skin and have gained from my nationality (not race) that I feel lucky to come from where I come from.

And I want England to lose 16 - 0 on Tuesday.
Time to back England on 00:40 - Jun 28 with 601 viewsDJack

Time to back England on 22:32 - Jun 27 by Gwyn737

You assume wrongly.

I believe that sheep chants and monkey chants are not in the same ball park.

You’ve been clear that Welsh is a Celtic race (ginger etc.) so what is the English race?

Can that person of Asian decent be racially abused for being English, or do you not accept the that they are English because they’re of Pakistani decent?

I get the feeling you think I’m anti Welsh, in fact it the polar opposite. I’m so comfortable in my own skin and have gained from my nationality (not race) that I feel lucky to come from where I come from.

And I want England to lose 16 - 0 on Tuesday.

"And I want England to lose 16 - 0 on Tuesday. "

What about the second half?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Time to back England on 05:09 - Jun 28 with 574 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Time to back England on 22:16 - Jun 27 by ReslovenSwan1

A rather laughable post when considering you posted a discriminatory comment a few hours earlier towards all English people.

"The English do not react well to outstanding success"

Tonight’s euro games chat along by ReslovenSwan1 27 Jun 2021 20:04
The English do not react well to outstanding success. It is to be avoided if at all possible. Too much drinking on new national holidays and Knighthood for Southgate, Rashford and Saka MBE and the rest of the lads. OBE for Kane.

That, to me, sounds like you're grouping all people of one race together and making a derogatory, prejudiced comment about them collectively. Where's that zero tolerance you're demanding from everyone else?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 5:11]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Time to back England on 07:11 - Jun 28 with 555 viewsCatullus

Time to back England on 21:41 - Jun 27 by trampie

Treating them with indifference? That's hardly what you do, indifference is when you don't care one way or the other. You definitely seem to care, in a negative way.

I've travelled a bit, nowhere near as much as some but I've been to several countries and very many people share the same basic values, the English are much more like us than unlike.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Time to back England on 07:20 - Jun 28 with 552 viewsCatullus

Do you really believe that in the old days the Welsh didn't fight for land and possessions? When the Anglo- Saxons were coming together as England. Wales was still a tribal land, we were fighting amongst ourselves for land, possessions and power.

Hywel Dda had to fight to get power aand even at his peak didn't control all of Wales. You do know Hywel Dda accepted joint rule of part of Wales with Aethelstan (of England) and when Hywel died Wales was split again?

You Nats seem to think Wales was a perfect, lovey dovey place where we all looked out for each other and cared about each other. Wales was a nasty, violent place. Hywel Dda's reign was violent.

Time to back England on 09:37 - Jun 28 with 533 viewsonehunglow

Time to back England on 05:09 - Jun 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

A rather laughable post when considering you posted a discriminatory comment a few hours earlier towards all English people.

"The English do not react well to outstanding success"

Tonight’s euro games chat along by ReslovenSwan1 27 Jun 2021 20:04
The English do not react well to outstanding success. It is to be avoided if at all possible. Too much drinking on new national holidays and Knighthood for Southgate, Rashford and Saka MBE and the rest of the lads. OBE for Kane.

That, to me, sounds like you're grouping all people of one race together and making a derogatory, prejudiced comment about them collectively. Where's that zero tolerance you're demanding from everyone else?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 5:11]

You been shafted there res. He gotcha

Time to back England on 09:38 - Jun 28 with 531 viewsonehunglow

Time to back England on 07:20 - Jun 28 by Catullus

Do you really believe that in the old days the Welsh didn't fight for land and possessions? When the Anglo- Saxons were coming together as England. Wales was still a tribal land, we were fighting amongst ourselves for land, possessions and power.

Hywel Dda had to fight to get power aand even at his peak didn't control all of Wales. You do know Hywel Dda accepted joint rule of part of Wales with Aethelstan (of England) and when Hywel died Wales was split again?

You Nats seem to think Wales was a perfect, lovey dovey place where we all looked out for each other and cared about each other. Wales was a nasty, violent place. Hywel Dda's reign was violent.

How many we talking about now. 600 . .?

Great innit.

Time to back England on 09:40 - Jun 28 with 531 viewsLohengrin

Time to back England on 07:46 - Jun 27 by Kilkennyjack

I think England made bold statement on the 100 years of tradition that was the Home International Championships, by throwing it in the bin.

At that point Wales became no more important to then than Denmark, Belgium, or Spain.

Wales were holding them back see.
So no special relationship, it meant nothing to them.

And its been the making of Wales in a football sense.

I hope you commented on that Loh.

Nobody misses the old Home Championship more than me, Killy. As I’ve mentioned on here before I was up at Wembley in ‘77 to see Wales win, I was there again in ‘79 to see what was virtually a Swans team get a draw.

Great memories, but the fact is that by ‘84 a century old competition looked to be on its last legs. The attendance for the Wales game up at Wembley the year before barely scraped 20,000; in ‘84 itself barely 14. It wasn’t just England looking to bail either, the Scottish FA also announced they were pulling out.

Don’t forget these were the years of peak Thatcherism when the worth of everything was weighed in financial profit and these matches were by then costing more to stage than they were generating. There were big issues around safety at Windsor Park in the early to mid ‘80s as Northern Ireland descended into chaos, that shouldn’t be forgotten. Factor in too the reluctance of First Division managers to release players mid-season to participate in what were full-blooded encounters and the writing was on the wall.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Time to back England on 12:17 - Jun 28 with 498 viewsOldjack

Englanders 0 Germany 3 ,end thread
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 12:18]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024