Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to back England 18:59 - Jun 26 with 5901 views73__73

As the only British side left in the competition 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Time to back England on 22:07 - Jun 26 with 890 viewsmax936

Time to back England on 20:53 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

Amazing to think English people would support Wales if England were eliminated

Nobody absolutely nobody helped to solve the issue of Welsh Fans attending todays game, absolutely SHAMEFULL by all concerned, That useless scruff at No 10 and even worse our First Minister Dreadful, good job the election isn't next week cause he should be out on his arse for that alone, the useless drippy t@@t

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Time to back England on 22:38 - Jun 26 with 873 views73__73

Time to back England on 21:25 - Jun 26 by Jack59

I ventured into England yesterday via Brecon/Leominster and I travelled around the Dudley area of West Midlands.
I was amazed at the large number of St George's flags that I saw draped from bedroom windows, and quite a number even on this side of the border.
Sadly, I hardly saw any Wales flags apart from the same few that sit on flagpoles in peoples gardens, and I think they remain there all year round.
I don't think the tournament captured the imagination of Welsh fans this time around.
England and Scotland also had big advantages of home fixtures, allowing decent numbers of their fans to attend their matches.

England is A huge football nation. Wales isn’t. End of

Time to back England on 22:42 - Jun 26 with 868 views73__73

Time to back England on 21:48 - Jun 26 by lifelong

Why is it narrow and insular?

Do you really believe that the vast majority of English football fans want Wales to win anything?

Get in the real world man.

The vast majority of English fans aren’t obsessed with wales, like the Welsh fans are with England

Time to back England on 22:53 - Jun 26 with 852 viewsKilkennyjack

Time to back England on 22:42 - Jun 26 by 73__73

The vast majority of English fans aren’t obsessed with wales, like the Welsh fans are with England

Its probably because Cymru is not on their english tv and english papers 24x7x365.

Whereas if you are a Cymru fan ….you get England on your TV and your papers 24x7x365.

It does not help does it …. 🤷‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

Time to back England on 22:57 - Jun 26 with 846 viewsKilkennyjack

Time to back England on 20:53 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

Amazing to think English people would support Wales if England were eliminated

We don't want their support.

We support Cymru.
They support Ingerlund.

We are good with that.
Feck Team GB.

Time to back England on 23:02 - Jun 26 with 846 views73__73

Time to back England on 22:53 - Jun 26 by Kilkennyjack

Its probably because Cymru is not on their english tv and english papers 24x7x365.

Whereas if you are a Cymru fan ….you get England on your TV and your papers 24x7x365.

It does not help does it …. 🤷‍♂️

Don’t you have an ‘off’ switch on your tv ?
You , yourself is absolutely obsessed with everything English 😂

Time to back England on 23:03 - Jun 26 with 845 views73__73

Time to back England on 22:57 - Jun 26 by Kilkennyjack

We don't want their support.

We support Cymru.
They support Ingerlund.

We are good with that.
Feck Team GB.

You support Southern Ireland

Time to back England on 00:32 - Jun 27 with 828 viewsjack_lord

Time to back England on 20:13 - Jun 26 by Badlands

The likes of Belgium, Italy and France are less foreign to me than England.
At least they don’t occupy us.
Supporting England as the only uk team left is like supporting Cardiff in the FA Cup 4th round if we go out in the 3rd.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 20:19]

I can almost guarantee you that a few generations ago many of this board, and maybe even you, had English born and bred relatives. I know what you mean about being "occupied" but that was 700 years ago when there were about twenty people living on this side of offas dyke and a whole lot of people have moved here from that side to industrialise and populate this land.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

Time to back England on 00:58 - Jun 27 with 821 viewsLohengrin

Time to back England on 20:13 - Jun 26 by Badlands

The likes of Belgium, Italy and France are less foreign to me than England.
At least they don’t occupy us.
Supporting England as the only uk team left is like supporting Cardiff in the FA Cup 4th round if we go out in the 3rd.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 20:19]

“ The likes of Belgium, Italy and France are less foreign to me than England.”

You strike me as a peculiar sort of chap. Do you have a conversational fluency in Flemish or are you perhaps a devout Roman Catholic?

Talk me through it, I’m genuinely interested. It’s an intriguing statement.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Time to back England on 07:41 - Jun 27 with 772 viewsKilkennyjack

Time to back England on 23:02 - Jun 26 by 73__73

Don’t you have an ‘off’ switch on your tv ?
You , yourself is absolutely obsessed with everything English 😂

Says the half wit who starts a thread entitled ‘Time to back England’.

If you dont want comments on a topic then - you know - dont start a thread on it.
Just a suggestion.

I wish i had an off switch for you.
I am sure that i speak for many.

Time to back England on 07:46 - Jun 27 with 758 viewsKilkennyjack

Time to back England on 00:58 - Jun 27 by Lohengrin

“ The likes of Belgium, Italy and France are less foreign to me than England.”

You strike me as a peculiar sort of chap. Do you have a conversational fluency in Flemish or are you perhaps a devout Roman Catholic?

Talk me through it, I’m genuinely interested. It’s an intriguing statement.

I think England made bold statement on the 100 years of tradition that was the Home International Championships, by throwing it in the bin.

At that point Wales became no more important to then than Denmark, Belgium, or Spain.

Wales were holding them back see.
So no special relationship, it meant nothing to them.

And its been the making of Wales in a football sense.

I hope you commented on that Loh.

Time to back England on 08:23 - Jun 27 with 733 viewsMinesapint

Nope. I cannot do it even though I am Welsh/British. Shame really as it's not so much the team as such. It's more to do with the pundits, press and majority of the fans. Anyone but England for me.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2021 8:28]
Time to back England on 08:56 - Jun 27 with 706 viewsBadlands

Time to back England on 07:46 - Jun 27 by Kilkennyjack

I think England made bold statement on the 100 years of tradition that was the Home International Championships, by throwing it in the bin.

At that point Wales became no more important to then than Denmark, Belgium, or Spain.

Wales were holding them back see.
So no special relationship, it meant nothing to them.

And its been the making of Wales in a football sense.

I hope you commented on that Loh.

Nothing to do with England only winning 5 of the previous 10

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Time to back England on 09:21 - Jun 27 with 690 viewsThornburyswan

The Belgium’s have a Scottish coach - Shaun Maloney - is that enough of a Celtic connection to support them (not to mention Martinez of course)?
Time to back England on 10:26 - Jun 27 with 668 viewsonehunglow

You see here the naked and little disguised racism toward the English people.If these posts were pertaining to a nation and people of colour then it would be pulled.

I am simply not having the "I don't hate english people themselves" etc.

OCCUPATION !.

This is what Jamaican,Ghanians,Indians,even Quebecois have said .

It is pitiful to behold.

IT IS 2021.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Time to back England on 10:41 - Jun 27 with 665 viewsMinesapint

Time to back England on 10:26 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

You see here the naked and little disguised racism toward the English people.If these posts were pertaining to a nation and people of colour then it would be pulled.

OCCUPATION !.

It is pitiful to behold.

IT IS 2021.

No it's not the english. It is the national football circus. You know..the ones who won the World cup 5 decades ago but who refer to it as if it were yesterday and a regular occurrence.

No different to saying I love the french but hate eating snails. Get some perspective and stop being so dramatic. Nothing to see here. Move along.
Time to back England on 10:51 - Jun 27 with 654 viewsonehunglow

Time to back England on 10:41 - Jun 27 by Minesapint

No it's not the english. It is the national football circus. You know..the ones who won the World cup 5 decades ago but who refer to it as if it were yesterday and a regular occurrence.

No different to saying I love the french but hate eating snails. Get some perspective and stop being so dramatic. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Good morning mine
Well,there is omething to see here and dramatic to boot.

Read what is posted a regards England and the English people.The word occupation has been used .Occupation.Now,sit back,have a croissant and Gauloise and reflect as to whay someone would use that term. When you 've done that,come back to me.

The English circus is no different to the Welsh (Rugby) circus .

Pretty soon,we will see posters hammering me for being anti Welsh. That is where we are

With respect,have a look at other sites and see what other beauts write.It sure aint pretty.

I read one poster going on about living amongst the "saes" for 30 years and then extolling his proud Welsh credentials .Thirty years in a late he hates then and hate it is as you cannot really differentiate between a people and a country that easily.

I ve been living over the border for over 45 years and I owe this great and beautiful country and its people everything I have. I was and have been accepted. This is not always so in Wales when emigres move in.

Reply by all means but keep it to point and topic.

Time to back England on 11:08 - Jun 27 with 645 viewsBillyChong

Ingerlund have basically been handed the championship on a plate. Southgate should easily bore his way to the final, but we all know what usually happens.
Time to back England on 11:10 - Jun 27 with 643 viewsMinesapint

Time to back England on 10:51 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

Good morning mine

Read what is posted a regards England and the English people.The word occupation has been used .Occupation.Now,sit back,have a croissant and Gauloise and reflect as to whay someone would use that term. When you 've done that,come back to me.

Pretty soon,we will see posters hammering me for being anti Welsh. That is where we are

With respect,have a look at other sites and see what other beauts write.It sure aint pretty.

I read one poster going on about living amongst the "saes" for 30 years and then extolling his proud Welsh credentials .Thirty years in a late he hates then and hate it is as you cannot really differentiate between a people and a country that easily.

I ve been living over the border for over 45 years and I owe this great and beautiful country and its people everything I have. I was and have been accepted. This is not always so in Wales when emigres move in.

So how does my dislike of the English national football love fest stir up such disdain when you were the author of the following?

"You kid yourself if you believe a sizeable majority on Wales detest England-at least at sport. I do myself in Rugby and fully admit that."

Seriously? What is the difference?

Please do not throw racist accusations when you could not be further than the truth, certainly in my case.
Time to back England on 11:11 - Jun 27 with 640 viewsonehunglow

Time to back England on 11:08 - Jun 27 by BillyChong

Ingerlund have basically been handed the championship on a plate. Southgate should easily bore his way to the final, but we all know what usually happens.

They have certainly had an easy route so far .

People can always turn their games off

Time to back England on 13:05 - Jun 27 with 612 viewsJack59

Time to back England on 10:51 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

Good morning mine

A few decades back I moved from SA2 to a rural part of North Gower. The house I moved to was about a mile from the nearest shop, which at that time was a VG store.
In my second day of residence, I drove down to the shop a few times to get some things. The lady on the till asked me on my third visit if I was living locally. I said that I had just moved into the property that was previously occupied by the retired doctor. She then asked me where I had moved from, I told her I'd lived all my life in Swansea. She said ''then you've moved next door to the Taylor's'' I said ''that's right I met them this morning''
The lady on the till, to my astonishment then said, ''They're english mind''
I already knew after talking to Mr Taylor earlier that he had lived in the village for 23 years. After 23 years of the family living in the community, that was her only comment on them. I was shocked at her pathetic words and attitude, and from some of the comments on here, I see civilisation is yet to move in the right direction for some.
Time to back England on 13:42 - Jun 27 with 591 viewsonehunglow

Time to back England on 13:05 - Jun 27 by Jack59

A few decades back I moved from SA2 to a rural part of North Gower. The house I moved to was about a mile from the nearest shop, which at that time was a VG store.
In my second day of residence, I drove down to the shop a few times to get some things. The lady on the till asked me on my third visit if I was living locally. I said that I had just moved into the property that was previously occupied by the retired doctor. She then asked me where I had moved from, I told her I'd lived all my life in Swansea. She said ''then you've moved next door to the Taylor's'' I said ''that's right I met them this morning''
I already knew after talking to Mr Taylor earlier that he had lived in the village for 23 years. After 23 years of the family living in the community, that was her only comment on them. I was shocked at her pathetic words and attitude, and from some of the comments on here, I see civilisation is yet to move in the right direction for some.

There's a nice story

Time to back England on 14:31 - Jun 27 with 575 viewsjack_lord

Time to back England on 10:26 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

OCCUPATION !.

It is pitiful to behold.

IT IS 2021.

Get a grip Rich, I get it every day in work with the company I work for.
It works both ways and it is really sad to experience on both sides of the divide. It is not just the Welsh. This has been done to death.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Time to back England on 15:35 - Jun 27 with 543 viewsKeithHaynes

Maybe she was doing her stand up routine ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Time to back England on 16:00 - Jun 27 with 525 viewsReslovenSwan1

Welsh people are routinely racially abused on line and sometimes in person. The Sheep stuff is no joke to me at all. When it happens I do not giggle and doff my cap and say "how amusing". I call it what it is, naked racism.

I know it is often no meant malicously but neither were the bananas in the 1980s. The tide has turned the argument is lost. In 1980 s black players might have smiled but inside they were seething. Others will have got booked or sent off. It was all part of the game back then. Just a bit of a laugh and if Swansea win who cares?.

Some might say to me "you are seething" who cares mate? Who the effing el are you? You are nothing. Thats what it is all about. Putting people in their place.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024