Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread 21:31 - Feb 17 with 28092 viewsHullDale

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 20:56 - Feb 19 with 3042 viewsmingthemerciless

I go on several web sites of other clubs and theyā€™re all saying the same thing - gangs of knobheads behaving like they can do whatever they want. Itā€™s got a lot worse since the lock downs. There was an article in todayā€™s ā€œ Guardian ā€œ about this issue - cocaine featured quite a bit.
Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 20:56 - Feb 19 with 3039 viewskel

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 20:53 - Feb 19 by 1907

So youā€™ve been happy with the last few performances? Happy with the ridiculously poor goal weā€™ve conceded again today?

Weā€™ve won two league games since the end of October, which in all honesty is a disgrace.

Iā€™d imagine Stockdale has been as pissed off with himself and his team, as fans have been in recent weeks.

Donā€™t patronise me Iā€™m not a moron.

No surprise the other resident patronising pillock liked your post Ć°Åøā€˜ā€¹

I didnā€™t say I was happy nor did I attempt to patronise you. I think youā€™re being paranoid.

Your comment was a bit like those people who have their Twitter bio reading - ā€œI say it how it is etcā€

They donā€™t tell anything ā€œlike it isā€ at all, they state their opinion and think itā€™s correct and donā€™t want anybody to have a differing one. Calm down.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 20:57]
Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 20:57 - Feb 19 with 3029 viewsD_Alien

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 20:56 - Feb 19 by kel

I didnā€™t say I was happy nor did I attempt to patronise you. I think youā€™re being paranoid.

Your comment was a bit like those people who have their Twitter bio reading - ā€œI say it how it is etcā€

They donā€™t tell anything ā€œlike it isā€ at all, they state their opinion and think itā€™s correct and donā€™t want anybody to have a differing one. Calm down.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 20:57]

Excellent points, but i prefer patronising him

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 20:58 - Feb 19 with 3028 views1907

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 20:39 - Feb 19 by TVOS1907

The manager has admitted as much in his post-match interview.

Would always expect him to.

No doubt I want Stockdale to succeed, as Iā€™ve mentioned many times previous - he talks a good game, yet team performances have proved very different.

Iā€™m yet to see the messiah type performance others have. Again today we were absolutely dreadful for large parts of the game, fortunately we have managed to buck the trend and win.

I seem to be on my own in viewing this unproven manager without the rose tinted glasses?
Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:00 - Feb 19 with 2989 viewsTVOS1907

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 20:58 - Feb 19 by 1907

No doubt I want Stockdale to succeed, as Iā€™ve mentioned many times previous - he talks a good game, yet team performances have proved very different.

Iā€™m yet to see the messiah type performance others have. Again today we were absolutely dreadful for large parts of the game, fortunately we have managed to buck the trend and win.

I seem to be on my own in viewing this unproven manager without the rose tinted glasses?

I'm not sure about the rose tinted glasses or people thinking he's a messiah, but 442 has explained it extremely well in his post on the previous page.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:00 - Feb 19 with 2986 viewsD_Alien

No-one - but NO-ONE has ever posted about "messiah type performance"

That's why you deserve patronising

[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 21:00]

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:03 - Feb 19 with 2949 views442Dale

Honestly donā€™t recall many putting him or his teams on a ā€œmessiahā€ like pedestal. Itā€™s what seems like a decent bloke who understands football, both past and present, and is clearly doing his best whilst making mistakes and learning along the way. Also he is very respectful of both the club and supporters, he appears to get it. That alone is worth a lot.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:05 - Feb 19 with 2911 viewsTVOS1907

Twenty-three years have elapsed since our last win at Scunthorpe (it will be exactly 23 years tomorrow).

14 visits in the meantime with very little to show for those meandering journeys along the motorways.

Like today, our last winning goal there was scored by a central defender.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:09 - Feb 19 with 2879 viewsboromat

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:05 - Feb 19 by TVOS1907

Twenty-three years have elapsed since our last win at Scunthorpe (it will be exactly 23 years tomorrow).

14 visits in the meantime with very little to show for those meandering journeys along the motorways.

Like today, our last winning goal there was scored by a central defender.

Ridiculous amount of time especially when you think of some of the squads we've had in that time.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:13 - Feb 19 with 2851 views1907

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:03 - Feb 19 by 442Dale

Honestly donā€™t recall many putting him or his teams on a ā€œmessiahā€ like pedestal. Itā€™s what seems like a decent bloke who understands football, both past and present, and is clearly doing his best whilst making mistakes and learning along the way. Also he is very respectful of both the club and supporters, he appears to get it. That alone is worth a lot.

In no way have or I am I criticising the bloke in a personal capacity. Iā€™ve never wanted a manager to do as well because as Iā€™ve said countless times, he talks a good game. Never has a manager agreed with the majority of fans as much, yet week in week out the team appear to be doing the complete opposite.

My original post in this thread wasnā€™t negative, yet Kel and as usual D_alien decided to take objection to the fact that in my opinion, Stockdale has made multiple mistakes in recent weeks that have far from helped our perilous league position.

In fact I even complimented the fact that the Newby sun was inspired.

People ultimately have agendas on this forum and thatā€™s fine, I have no allegiances, I just call it as I see it.
Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:17 - Feb 19 with 2819 viewskel

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:13 - Feb 19 by 1907

In no way have or I am I criticising the bloke in a personal capacity. Iā€™ve never wanted a manager to do as well because as Iā€™ve said countless times, he talks a good game. Never has a manager agreed with the majority of fans as much, yet week in week out the team appear to be doing the complete opposite.

My original post in this thread wasnā€™t negative, yet Kel and as usual D_alien decided to take objection to the fact that in my opinion, Stockdale has made multiple mistakes in recent weeks that have far from helped our perilous league position.

People ultimately have agendas on this forum and thatā€™s fine, I have no allegiances, I just call it as I see it.

I didnā€™t take objection to anything, I just pointed out it was your opinion and thatā€™s all it is.

Apologies for not agreeing.
Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:20 - Feb 19 with 2783 viewsmeeee

I see that the fans running on the pitch has made it onto the Scum website

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17707383/rochdale-fans-scunthorpe/
Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:21 - Feb 19 with 2773 viewsD_Alien

I don't want him to do well because he talks a good game. I want him to do well because he's taken over the role at one of the most critical times in our history and deserves the PATIENCE of Dale followers whilst he takes the challenge in his stride and slowly seeks to improve us from the base of having to recruit at such short notice in the summer

Without exception, those he's brought in during the January window have either improved us already or have all the potential to do so

I'd simply ask you to have the same patience as many of us in allowing him the grace and space to do the job he's employed to do. We've enough morons running onto the pitch without others taking him to task on here for keeping us above the relegation zone, which is all we can rightfully expect this season

Now then, where are those posts which deem our performances to be "messiah type"?

Eh?

[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 21:21]

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:21 - Feb 19 with 2769 views442Dale

Those mistakes and poor displays/results are part of the learning process though and itā€™s how he reacts thatā€™s important. It might just be me, but if we are competing and there are signs of progress then accepting mediocre form isnā€™t such a bad thing. Heā€™s the best man for the club right now, with each passing week that is becoming more apparent and itā€™s vital he got wins to reaffirm that.

Didnā€™t intend it to come across that you were criticising in a personal way btw.

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:26 - Feb 19 with 2717 viewsD_Dale

By now everybody has probably seen these highlights:

https://www.skysports.com/football/scunthorpe-united-vs-rochdale/448835
Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:26 - Feb 19 with 2714 viewskel

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:20 - Feb 19 by meeee

I see that the fans running on the pitch has made it onto the Scum website

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17707383/rochdale-fans-scunthorpe/

Some good clear pics there. The club will be well aware of a few of them at least and hopefully they take action.
Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:32 - Feb 19 with 2664 views442Dale

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:26 - Feb 19 by kel

Some good clear pics there. The club will be well aware of a few of them at least and hopefully they take action.

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:40 - Feb 19 with 2606 viewsJames1980

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:32 - Feb 19 by 442Dale

Some of the responses to Simon's tweet

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 22:04 - Feb 19 with 2504 viewsHullDale

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 22:23 - Feb 19 with 2401 views1907

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:21 - Feb 19 by 442Dale

Those mistakes and poor displays/results are part of the learning process though and itā€™s how he reacts thatā€™s important. It might just be me, but if we are competing and there are signs of progress then accepting mediocre form isnā€™t such a bad thing. Heā€™s the best man for the club right now, with each passing week that is becoming more apparent and itā€™s vital he got wins to reaffirm that.

Didnā€™t intend it to come across that you were criticising in a personal way btw.

Would never think that, although some on here think any level of criticism is always personal. Itā€™s not. I just want the best for our club and expect the absolute best from our team and manager.

Canā€™t disagree with anything RS says in his post match interview, in all honesty I never do!

Feel like a broken record because I genuinely want him to do well I just wish the team would back him up more often.

Hopefully today is a turning point.
Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 22:26 - Feb 19 with 2356 viewsboromat

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 21:40 - Feb 19 by James1980

Some of the responses to Simon's tweet

Embarrassing!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 22:37 - Feb 19 with 2264 viewskel

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 22:23 - Feb 19 by 1907

Would never think that, although some on here think any level of criticism is always personal. Itā€™s not. I just want the best for our club and expect the absolute best from our team and manager.

Canā€™t disagree with anything RS says in his post match interview, in all honesty I never do!

Feel like a broken record because I genuinely want him to do well I just wish the team would back him up more often.

Hopefully today is a turning point.

Well given you referred to Dā€™Alien as ā€œthe other patronising prick on hereā€ I took it to mean I was the other as I was conversing with you at the time.

Iā€™d say that was personal, wouldnā€™t you?
Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 22:38 - Feb 19 with 2259 viewskel

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 22:26 - Feb 19 by boromat

Embarrassing!

yEaH bUt ThEy MaDe Da AtMOsPhErE gud m8
Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 23:19 - Feb 19 with 2068 viewsNigeriamark

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 22:26 - Feb 19 by boromat

Embarrassing!

Could it end up with us getting a fine?
Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 23:35 - Feb 19 with 1988 views1907

Scunthorpe (a) Match Thread on 22:37 - Feb 19 by kel

Well given you referred to Dā€™Alien as ā€œthe other patronising prick on hereā€ I took it to mean I was the other as I was conversing with you at the time.

Iā€™d say that was personal, wouldnā€™t you?

He is a patronising prick.

Never had an issue with you, but your reply to me earlier felt patronising.

Happy for you to correct my opinion, however not here for arguments.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024