Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards 13:27 - May 31 with 22719 viewsKeithHaynes

Matt Grimes, looks likely bids will be received.

Jay Fulton, has he done all he can at Swansea ?

Jamal Lowe, retain or put in the shop window ?

Jan Dhanda, there are a few suitors, let him leave ?

The swans will almost certainly retain
Ryan Bennett, Jake Bidwell, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ben Cabango, Conner Roberts, Korey Smith, Steven Benda, Ben Hamer, George Byers, Jordon Garrick, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Ryan Manning. Oli Cooper, Brandon Cooper, Cameron Evans, Daniel Williams. ( Regards Roberts and Cabango, they need another Championship season for me )

Decisions to be made on Rushesha, Freeman, John, Webb, Gould, Mckay, Routledge

Possible inclusion for 2021/22 season ?
Al Hamadi, Govea.

Loan players, consider them all gone.
Out of contract Ayew, consider him gone.

Any thoughts ? I’ll pin this thread and amend etc, for the immediate future

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 20:00 - Jun 2 with 2732 viewsmax936

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 07:02 - Jun 2 by Brynmill_Jack

The people giving Fulton vitriol should ask themselves how they’d like to be constantly covering for a lazy work mate who’s on a much higher rate of pay - for doing f*ck all. Coopers biggest folly was having Hourihane anywhere near the squad while we were just ahead of Watford and going for second place. Cost is 170 million smackers and a play off final humiliation.

Whilst I agree, everyone of us were lording the signing Hourihane, I don't think anyone would/could of foreseen the player we did see, disappointing is a massive under statement.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 20:26 - Jun 2 with 2665 viewsKeithHaynes

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 20:00 - Jun 2 by max936

Whilst I agree, everyone of us were lording the signing Hourihane, I don't think anyone would/could of foreseen the player we did see, disappointing is a massive under statement.

Cost us numerous losses.

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 20:41 - Jun 2 with 2649 viewsguthrieintherain

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 20:26 - Jun 2 by KeithHaynes

Cost us numerous losses.

Biggest disappointment since Martin Hayes signed from Celtic.

But even he scored at Ninian to earn cult status.

Can put up with players of lesser ability we have had plenty over the years.

But can't stomach a lack of effort no excuse for it.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2021 20:45]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 20:48 - Jun 2 with 2640 viewsmax936

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 20:26 - Jun 2 by KeithHaynes

Cost us numerous losses.

And cost us 28k a week for the privilege, desperately disappointing, much like Sanchez was another shocking player, for us at least.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 21:49 - Jun 2 with 2562 viewshobo

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 14:10 - May 31 by OptimisticJack

Definitely keep Grimes and Fulton. They are the backbone of the team. Unlikely to command huge fees in the current football economic climate and difficult to replace.
Fulton very unfortunate in my opinion not to be picked for the Scotland squad for the Euros.

Didn't mean to down arrow, agree with all that. Think Grimes could attract a decent offer though
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 23:12 - Jun 2 with 2441 viewsjackrabbit

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 09:00 - Jun 1 by Dr_Winston

Grimes isn't a playmaker. He can recycle the ball well enough or play the odd decent longer ball, but he's never been a consistent creative presence in midfield.

Agreed. He couldn’t pass water. I’ve always found his creative distribution disappointing. Hell of a left foot though when he spots a chance to shoot. But sliding an incisive pass behind the defence for a forward to run on to? Disappointing.
Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 23:46 - Jun 2 with 2425 viewsReslovenSwan1

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 20:41 - Jun 2 by guthrieintherain

Biggest disappointment since Martin Hayes signed from Celtic.

But even he scored at Ninian to earn cult status.

Can put up with players of lesser ability we have had plenty over the years.

But can't stomach a lack of effort no excuse for it.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2021 20:45]

Surely Reanto Sanches took the biscuit. Martin Hayes is not comparable. Renato single handly brought to the end the glorious Jenkinista era. Clement knew the guy very well had an inside track.

Swansea was always one "big time Charlie" away from the drop given the tight fnances. Swansea have to be very careful since then. We have had Asoro, McKay with Potter and Hourahaine. At least he was only on loan.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 07:37 - Jun 3 with 2369 viewsangryjack

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 23:12 - Jun 2 by jackrabbit

Agreed. He couldn’t pass water. I’ve always found his creative distribution disappointing. Hell of a left foot though when he spots a chance to shoot. But sliding an incisive pass behind the defence for a forward to run on to? Disappointing.

Do you realize to pass the ball forward for a runner to run into you got have the runners running into space,the run is usually what makes a pass,but the way we play so pedestrianised everybody wants ball,easy ball to feet and keep going sideways or backwards,Grimes would be qaulity in an expansive team,as he won every player of the year award under potter when we played with quick football, with wingers and runners off the ball,and quickly switching play,,he's not suited to the narrow rigid system of cooper..
Login to get fewer ads

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 10:24 - Jun 3 with 2231 viewsherbie

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 07:37 - Jun 3 by angryjack

Do you realize to pass the ball forward for a runner to run into you got have the runners running into space,the run is usually what makes a pass,but the way we play so pedestrianised everybody wants ball,easy ball to feet and keep going sideways or backwards,Grimes would be qaulity in an expansive team,as he won every player of the year award under potter when we played with quick football, with wingers and runners off the ball,and quickly switching play,,he's not suited to the narrow rigid system of cooper..

Agree. Our players are coached to ply a particular way-negatively with low risk. Under a different coaching style most of our players would look so different. We have good players who can pass well but are not encouraged to pass quickly or for runners to get ahead of the ball quickly enough.
Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 10:39 - Jun 3 with 2220 viewsguthrieintherain

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 23:46 - Jun 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Surely Reanto Sanches took the biscuit. Martin Hayes is not comparable. Renato single handly brought to the end the glorious Jenkinista era. Clement knew the guy very well had an inside track.

Swansea was always one "big time Charlie" away from the drop given the tight fnances. Swansea have to be very careful since then. We have had Asoro, McKay with Potter and Hourahaine. At least he was only on loan.

Hayes was a tongue in cheek comment I quite liked him really was a bit injury prone.

Sanches was disappointing yes but don't think it was down to a lack of effort.

Was just not ready to perform for a struggling side in the toughest league in the world.

Hourihane had the ability but was bone idle lazy an insult to the fans and club

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 10:51 - Jun 3 with 2206 viewsguthrieintherain

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 23:46 - Jun 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Hayes was a tongue in cheek comment I quite liked him really was a bit injury prone.

Sanches was disappointing yes but don't think it was down to a lack of effort.

Was just not ready to perform for a struggling side in the toughest league in the world.

Hourihane had the ability but was bone idle lazy an insult to the fans and club

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 11:33 - Jun 3 with 2151 viewsvetchonian

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 07:37 - Jun 3 by angryjack

Watch these highlights first game of the last season

We were playing passing attacking football, we lost Gibbs White it changed

We played passing attacking football against Bristol City at home and we lost as we couldnt convert chances....I also think too many people are looking back at Potters time thropugh rose tinted spectacles dont forget Dan James was here and many times keeper hoofed the ball forwards for Dan to chase which he did! We werent always playing past forward passing possesion football as some eulogise about!
[Post edited 3 Jun 2021 11:36]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 12:26 - Jun 3 with 2094 viewsvetchonian

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 10:24 - Jun 3 by herbie

Agree. Our players are coached to ply a particular way-negatively with low risk. Under a different coaching style most of our players would look so different. We have good players who can pass well but are not encouraged to pass quickly or for runners to get ahead of the ball quickly enough.

Refer to my post above!

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 15:28 - Jun 3 with 1924 viewsangryjack

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 12:26 - Jun 3 by vetchonian

Refer to my post above!

I can count the number of times in two seasons on one hand where under cooper we have played good expansive football...but I'm saying Grimes is better suited to that football than the cross cooper usually sets up,with no off ball runners
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 20:10 - Jun 3 with 1758 viewsKeithHaynes

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 11:33 - Jun 3 by vetchonian

Watch these highlights first game of the last season

We were playing passing attacking football, we lost Gibbs White it changed

We played passing attacking football against Bristol City at home and we lost as we couldnt convert chances....I also think too many people are looking back at Potters time thropugh rose tinted spectacles dont forget Dan James was here and many times keeper hoofed the ball forwards for Dan to chase which he did! We werent always playing past forward passing possesion football as some eulogise about!
[Post edited 3 Jun 2021 11:36]

Potter could be equally as frustrating and boring as Cooper at times.

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 06:59 - Jun 4 with 1528 viewsangryjack

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 20:10 - Jun 3 by KeithHaynes

Equally??????that's a bit far
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 07:46 - Jun 4 with 1505 viewsKeithHaynes

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 06:59 - Jun 4 by angryjack

Equally??????that's a bit far

I remember, and I’m sure I’m not alone.

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 07:49 - Jun 4 with 1502 viewsDr_Winston

Potter's team was far from the finished item but I can't recall all that many games ending without us having a shot on target. His side was making steps toward playing a decent passing game though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 08:44 - Jun 4 with 1459 viewsangryjack

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 07:46 - Jun 4 by KeithHaynes

I remember, and I’m sure I’m not alone.

Well I would rather watch potters team and tactics and trying to play with quick passing trying get in behind than Cooper's boring set up...I was entertained a lot lot more under potter than cooper.so yes equally is a bit far imo...
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 09:33 - Jun 4 with 1436 viewsjeza739

And we couldn't defend for toffee, especially set pieces, not helped by his insistence or obsession with playing probably the worse keeper I've seen in the shirt since league 2 days because of his 'superior footballing ability'.
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 09:38 - Jun 4 with 1426 viewsjasper_T

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 09:33 - Jun 4 by jeza739

And we couldn't defend for toffee, especially set pieces, not helped by his insistence or obsession with playing probably the worse keeper I've seen in the shirt since league 2 days because of his 'superior footballing ability'.

Only set pieces. From open play we had the third best defensive record in the division, despite Nordfeldt's tendency to let in the only shot on target he'd face all game.
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 09:44 - Jun 4 with 1411 viewsjeza739

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 09:38 - Jun 4 by jasper_T

Only set pieces. From open play we had the third best defensive record in the division, despite Nordfeldt's tendency to let in the only shot on target he'd face all game.

As I said , worst keeper I can recall.. I'd put Willie G in before Nordfeldt. The Swedish goalkeeper stock must be v low if he was anywhere near national team
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 09:51 - Jun 4 with 1407 viewsmonmouth

His tinkering, inability to know his best side, treatment of Mulder, and throwing away our chance of promotion with his inconsistency annoyed me with him. The direction of travel and the building of something that looked like it might be more sustainable and successful over time was in a different league to the one trick Hoofmeister we ended up with though. That’s the point for me, not a comparison of seasons where we ended up in the championship each time and used our precious parachute each time to do so.

We are in a much worse position now looking forward than after Potters year, for all its faults.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 10:15 - Jun 4 with 1391 viewsDr_Winston

Potter also had to deal with the immediate aftermath of relegation, a squad shorn of most of its better players and not being able to sit deep and hope Ayew comes up with something.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 10:23 - Jun 4 with 1375 viewsvetchonian

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 09:51 - Jun 4 by monmouth

His tinkering, inability to know his best side, treatment of Mulder, and throwing away our chance of promotion with his inconsistency annoyed me with him. The direction of travel and the building of something that looked like it might be more sustainable and successful over time was in a different league to the one trick Hoofmeister we ended up with though. That’s the point for me, not a comparison of seasons where we ended up in the championship each time and used our precious parachute each time to do so.

We are in a much worse position now looking forward than after Potters year, for all its faults.

NO evidience of hoofball in those highlights from our opening game of the season.
And there are many sucjh examples of us trying to play passing football in ither highlights.

Problem is everyone has formed opinions

Personally I think the introduction of Bennet brought more "if in doubt, hoof it out" to our backline.

Many of us look back to Potter's time with rose tinted specs...we got "excited" due to Dan James as he had pace and was exciting to watch. Very often the exciting play came from a quick long throw out or kick from Nortfeldt for Dan to chase...not pass and move amongst the side...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024