Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards 13:27 - May 31 with 22721 viewsKeithHaynes

Matt Grimes, looks likely bids will be received.

Jay Fulton, has he done all he can at Swansea ?

Jamal Lowe, retain or put in the shop window ?

Jan Dhanda, there are a few suitors, let him leave ?

The swans will almost certainly retain
Ryan Bennett, Jake Bidwell, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ben Cabango, Conner Roberts, Korey Smith, Steven Benda, Ben Hamer, George Byers, Jordon Garrick, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Ryan Manning. Oli Cooper, Brandon Cooper, Cameron Evans, Daniel Williams. ( Regards Roberts and Cabango, they need another Championship season for me )

Decisions to be made on Rushesha, Freeman, John, Webb, Gould, Mckay, Routledge

Possible inclusion for 2021/22 season ?
Al Hamadi, Govea.

Loan players, consider them all gone.
Out of contract Ayew, consider him gone.

Any thoughts ? I’ll pin this thread and amend etc, for the immediate future

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 18:10 - Jun 1 with 2282 viewsjasper_T

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 17:18 - Jun 1 by max936

How do you know ffs, he probably wouldn't be, but the vivitrol he's had after Saturday is way ott, he's done well for us, he's been lorded on here over the season as well, he's more than decent at this level.

He's 27 with over 200 senior games to his name it should be obvious to anyone with eyes that he's not a top 6 PL talent. Vast gulf between the vast majority of our squad and that level. Players who absolutely tore up the Championship for us are having a hard time making the leap.

He's been decent this season but was poor under Potter and no great shakes last season either.
Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 18:24 - Jun 1 with 2251 viewsKeithHaynes

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 18:10 - Jun 1 by jasper_T

He's 27 with over 200 senior games to his name it should be obvious to anyone with eyes that he's not a top 6 PL talent. Vast gulf between the vast majority of our squad and that level. Players who absolutely tore up the Championship for us are having a hard time making the leap.

He's been decent this season but was poor under Potter and no great shakes last season either.

I think the same thing may well go for our next management duo should they leave.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 19:43 - Jun 1 with 2158 viewsDr_Winston

I like Fulton. I believe he's thoroughly underrated, it's borderline criminal that Byers played so many games ahead of him last season and that in the right system he could probably do a job in the PL.

There's not a chance in Hell that he's top six quality tho.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 19:52 - Jun 1 with 2144 viewsploppy

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 17:37 - Jun 1 by Kilkennyjack

The only footballing attribute he posses, that is above Champ average, is his heading.

Lacks real match level pace, cant dribble, cant create, cant score, not a leader, wins the odd tackle, but it lacks presence on the pitch.

Grimes, on the other hand, ticks a lot of boxes.
Fulton could never score a goal like the Grimes play off stunner vs Barnsley, and Grimes is the sort of level we need to aim for.

Couldn't disagree more. Fulton is the best passer of the ball we have.

Grimes is too one-footed to play the role he does. He's prone to serious errors - because of the position he plays he cannot afford to ever give the ball away, and he does frequently. And what's this slipping he's been doing lately - against Barnsley that led to their goal, and again on Saturday.

Grimes could never score the type of goal Fulton scored against Rotherham away.

Both could/should be scoring more goals than they do. It's not like Grimes is banging them in every week.
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 20:31 - Jun 1 with 2087 viewsReslovenSwan1

Goal scoring Stats for the main Swansea midfielders. From Transfmkt.

Koey Smith 27 games 0 goals
Matt Grimes 43 games 2 goals
Jay Fulton 40 games 3 goals
Yann Dhanda 26 games 1 goal .

In total 6 goals from 138 games. On goal in every 23 played. Not sustainable.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 20:47 - Jun 1 with 2070 viewsjasper_T

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 19:52 - Jun 1 by ploppy

Couldn't disagree more. Fulton is the best passer of the ball we have.

Grimes is too one-footed to play the role he does. He's prone to serious errors - because of the position he plays he cannot afford to ever give the ball away, and he does frequently. And what's this slipping he's been doing lately - against Barnsley that led to their goal, and again on Saturday.

Grimes could never score the type of goal Fulton scored against Rotherham away.

Both could/should be scoring more goals than they do. It's not like Grimes is banging them in every week.

Fulton's passing stats beg to differ. He's almost as one-footed as Grimes, prefers the outside of his foot just like Routledge. People don't notice it because he gets on the ball half as much as Grimes. And lefties stick out more.

That's not an exaggeration, either. The numbers are almost bang on half for passes per game. He plays fewer long, difficult passes than Grimes. His success rate is worse than Cabango's.

Even with the u23s he wasn't a noteworthy passer of the ball. It's why Potter preferred Byers. Fulton's an underrated technical player given people focus on his dog or steel or whatever it is Grimes supposedly lacks, but he's not a creative passer of the ball apart from the odd highlight every player is capable of at this level. No better than Korey Smith at that side of the game. It's why we really could have done with Gibbs-White fit and available.
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 20:53 - Jun 1 with 2062 viewsjasper_T

Do Leeds fans bemoan Kalvin Phillips lack of goals I wonder? West Ham fans on Declan Rice's back for not banging more in? Wonder if people will remember Grimes is a defensive midfielder after he's gone, as it sure hasn't twigged while he's been playing there every week for near enough 3 years.
Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 21:08 - Jun 1 with 2047 viewsploppy

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 20:47 - Jun 1 by jasper_T

Fulton's passing stats beg to differ. He's almost as one-footed as Grimes, prefers the outside of his foot just like Routledge. People don't notice it because he gets on the ball half as much as Grimes. And lefties stick out more.

That's not an exaggeration, either. The numbers are almost bang on half for passes per game. He plays fewer long, difficult passes than Grimes. His success rate is worse than Cabango's.

Even with the u23s he wasn't a noteworthy passer of the ball. It's why Potter preferred Byers. Fulton's an underrated technical player given people focus on his dog or steel or whatever it is Grimes supposedly lacks, but he's not a creative passer of the ball apart from the odd highlight every player is capable of at this level. No better than Korey Smith at that side of the game. It's why we really could have done with Gibbs-White fit and available.

Fair enough, I haven't looked at stats. I just know if I was playing, I'd much rather receive a pass from Fulton. His passes are generally crisp, have enough pace on them and without spin. When it comes to number of passes - Grimes should be way ahead considering he's the one who's supposed to receive the ball from the back four. He can then play it to Bidwell - whose first job is to control it because it's played with plenty of "side" (as in snooker). That counts as a completed pass, I'm guessing. Bidwell can then give it back to him so that he can play it down the left touchline to no-one in particular. I've seen Fulton play some gorgeous passes which if I could find on Swans TV I'd post here. Passes that Grimes and Korey Smith can only dream of. I'm genuinely surprised that his distribution is worse than Cabango's because his (Cabongo's) is pretty awful.
Login to get fewer ads

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 21:16 - Jun 1 with 2028 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 13:50 - Jun 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Its a bad trait when your stupidity ends the game at Wembley by stamping on a players angle. If Steven Dobbie was that dumb a Scotsman Swansea would have lost to Reading in 2011. Like Grimes the occasion got the better of him.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 13:51]

You either have an agenda or have not seem the numerous slow motion replays.
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 21:44 - Jun 1 with 1999 viewsmax936

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 19:43 - Jun 1 by Dr_Winston

I like Fulton. I believe he's thoroughly underrated, it's borderline criminal that Byers played so many games ahead of him last season and that in the right system he could probably do a job in the PL.

it was just an off the cuff remark in support of him, but as usual its taken as fact, it was more in support of him after Saturday with people jumping on his back because of that one tackle which was unfortunate more than anything else, as you said he's had a good season and is definitely underrated, but has had a few red mist moments with some of his tackles.
Anyway I hope he stays and has another good season.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 21:46 - Jun 1 with 1996 viewsmax936

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 20:31 - Jun 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Goal scoring Stats for the main Swansea midfielders. From Transfmkt.

Koey Smith 27 games 0 goals
Matt Grimes 43 games 2 goals
Jay Fulton 40 games 3 goals
Yann Dhanda 26 games 1 goal .

In total 6 goals from 138 games. On goal in every 23 played. Not sustainable.

That is a poor return didn't realise it was that bad.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 22:33 - Jun 1 with 1930 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 19:43 - Jun 1 by Dr_Winston

Fulton wasn’t bad for us in the PL at all. Byers must train awfully well. And that’s where it ends

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 07:02 - Jun 2 with 1803 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 17:18 - Jun 1 by max936

How do you know ffs, he probably wouldn't be, but the vivitrol he's had after Saturday is way ott, he's done well for us, he's been lorded on here over the season as well, he's more than decent at this level.

The people giving Fulton vitriol should ask themselves how they’d like to be constantly covering for a lazy work mate who’s on a much higher rate of pay - for doing f*ck all. Coopers biggest folly was having Hourihane anywhere near the squad while we were just ahead of Watford and going for second place. Cost is 170 million smackers and a play off final humiliation.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 07:11 - Jun 2 with 1802 viewsWhiterockin

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 07:02 - Jun 2 by Brynmill_Jack

The people giving Fulton vitriol should ask themselves how they’d like to be constantly covering for a lazy work mate who’s on a much higher rate of pay - for doing f*ck all. Coopers biggest folly was having Hourihane anywhere near the squad while we were just ahead of Watford and going for second place. Cost is 170 million smackers and a play off final humiliation.

Was it in the loan contract that CH had to play every match if fit, I don't know. If it was its unfair to blame Cooper.
Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 07:37 - Jun 2 with 1771 views34dfgdf54

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 07:11 - Jun 2 by Whiterockin

Was it in the loan contract that CH had to play every match if fit, I don't know. If it was its unfair to blame Cooper.

I don't believe that personally, if that was the case he wouldn't have played play off final, there would need to have been another agreement in place to keep him here for three play off games.
Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 07:42 - Jun 2 with 1762 viewsWhiterockin

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 07:37 - Jun 2 by 34dfgdf54

I don't believe that personally, if that was the case he wouldn't have played play off final, there would need to have been another agreement in place to keep him here for three play off games.

Thats not true. Any clause in the loan agreement would be there for the length of the loan. If he was here the loan was in place.
Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 08:31 - Jun 2 with 1699 viewsonehunglow

If true,he could have been subbed after 15 mins instead of strolling around staining the shirt although not with any sweat.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 08:42 - Jun 2 with 1700 viewsWhiterockin

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 08:31 - Jun 2 by onehunglow

If true,he could have been subbed after 15 mins instead of strolling around staining the shirt although not with any sweat.

With the possibility of another 105 minutes plus in high temperatures that would not have been a bright move.
Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 08:47 - Jun 2 with 1660 viewsonehunglow

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 08:42 - Jun 2 by Whiterockin

With the possibility of another 105 minutes plus in high temperatures that would not have been a bright move.

Makes no difference.
His oppos were pending 90 mins covering for his rank cowardice.

The kit people will be disappointed though as his shirt was never dirty.

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 08:47 - Jun 2 with 1675 viewsmonmouth

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 07:02 - Jun 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Oh I don’t know. He dropped him for at least one game and we were equally poor. Hourihane was terrible, but Cooperwang 2.0. (post Norwich mutation) is what killed any chance of...well, anything.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 10:30 - Jun 2 with 1610 viewsReslovenSwan1

Hourahanine is 30+. He does not need development game time. The only people desperate for him to play is himself. He appears to be past his sell by date. He did not realise it himself probably.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 10:38 - Jun 2 with 1592 viewsWhiterockin

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 10:30 - Jun 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Hourahanine is 30+. He does not need development game time. The only people desperate for him to play is himself. He appears to be past his sell by date. He did not realise it himself probably.

Surly it all depends if the parent club wanted him out on loan to put him in the shop window. It failed spectacularly if they did.
Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 12:42 - Jun 2 with 1488 viewsBoundy

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 08:47 - Jun 2 by onehunglow

Makes no difference.
His oppos were pending 90 mins covering for his rank cowardice.

The kit people will be disappointed though as his shirt was never dirty.

Well if his shirt ever appears on ebay as "worn by " you'll be hard pressed to see any sweat stains that's for sure.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 16:24 - Jun 2 with 1284 viewsonehunglow

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 12:42 - Jun 2 by Boundy

Well if his shirt ever appears on ebay as "worn by " you'll be hard pressed to see any sweat stains that's for sure.

I would not use it to clean up my Orangery .

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 17:05 - Jun 2 with 1244 viewsBoundy

Decision day from tomorrow onwards on 16:24 - Jun 2 by onehunglow

I would not use it to clean up my Orangery .

Only you could slip in the fact you have an Orangery into a conversation about a footballer

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024