Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fabianski red card-Seen the replays 15:13 - Dec 7 with 35317 viewsPlazex

Actually looks as if Sakho took fabianski down. Hope we have the card rescinded. And bloody hell 3-1 crap.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:35 - Dec 8 with 1312 viewsskippyjack

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:33 - Dec 8 by union_jack

Simple question: why on earth do you hope we don't appeal. Given the circumstances it could never be seen as frivolous so what have we got to lose? You do come across as being a bit if a ...........!!

(Incoming post.. I don't want an appeal because it 'could' result in an 'extended' ban)

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:36 - Dec 8 with 1308 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:33 - Dec 8 by union_jack

Simple question: why on earth do you hope we don't appeal. Given the circumstances it could never be seen as frivolous so what have we got to lose? You do come across as being a bit if a ...........!!

I have already answered that.

1) it costs to appeal, if you fail you dont get it back. I have no doubt we will fail. I would rather see costs given back to the fans than thrown away while ticket prices remain so high for example.

2) if deemed frivolous, i havent seen the wording of the appeal so cant comment, then the ban can increase.

This also wont look to good on us in terms if credibility after recent public events. It seems like we are now so used to crying foul justifiably that we now are appealing obviously correct calls.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:39 - Dec 8 with 1289 viewsskippyjack

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:36 - Dec 8 by Parlay

1) it costs to appeal, if you fail you dont get it back. I have no doubt we will fail. I would rather see costs given back to the fans than thrown away while ticket prices remain so high for example.

2) if deemed frivolous, i havent seen the wording of the appeal so cant comment, then the ban can increase.

This also wont look to good on us in terms if credibility after recent public events. It seems like we are now so used to crying foul justifiably that we now are appealing obviously correct calls.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:39 - Dec 8 with 1282 viewsunion_jack

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:36 - Dec 8 by Parlay

Here you go again - "obvious correct calls". Nothing bloody obvious about it at all hence why there are split opinions on this.

Try and be less dogmatic fcol!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:40 - Dec 8 with 1278 viewsMusical_Swan

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:25 - Dec 8 by Parlay

Are you now resorting yo lying Lisa? Is there no end to your ego stoking that you cannot stand the fact that after setting your stall out so early someone dare say you are wrong. You have no taken it well have you. My view NEVER changed, let alone 10 times. In the matchday thread immediately before the replays i assumed (like everyone else) that he had allowed an advantage and due to the difficulty of the chance brought it back. That didnt happen as we now now. Either option is perfectly acceptable, understand that before you go on id suggest.

What do you mean?! Its amazing you have mentioned insanity while asking why Sakho couldnt score AFTER the whistle. If thats the case lets all stay after fill time and lash some balls into the net. Once the ref blew THE PLAY WAS DEAD. the play was whistled dead due to Fabianski's foul. As a result of the play being dead Sakho had no chance to convert did he? No.

What are you talking about with regards to rugby? The referee can ask whatever question he wants depending on his interpretation of the situation, so thats another thing you have got spectacularly wrong. If he thinks it was a try he will say "any reason not to" if he doesnt he will ask "try "yes" or "no" . In this case the referee adjudged fabianski denied sakho a scoring opportunity. Try and use your brain now Lisa.

I was not adamant an appeal wouldn't happen, i was hopeful it wouldn't happen, its not due to the laws of the game that results in someone appealing so that is entirely unpredictable. So you are saying if i am correct then me stating the reasons for me being correct prior to it being official makes me disgraceful?

You do understand how crazy that makes you sound? Right?

Let me just double check this, your saying in your second paragraph that Fab made the foul causing the ref to whistle and that brought the game to a stop, therefore denying Sakho a goal scoring opportunity. Red card Fabianski!

I look forward to seeing plenty more red cards for innocuous fouls, 'just in case they could've had a shot after like.'

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:48 - Dec 8 with 1258 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:40 - Dec 8 by Musical_Swan

Let me just double check this, your saying in your second paragraph that Fab made the foul causing the ref to whistle and that brought the game to a stop, therefore denying Sakho a goal scoring opportunity. Red card Fabianski!

I look forward to seeing plenty more red cards for innocuous fouls, 'just in case they could've had a shot after like.'

Nothing to do with "could have shot after like".

The foul was commited by the goalkeeper 25 yards from goal, it was an empty net. Be sensible now, innocuous it was certainly not.

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:54 - Dec 8 with 1236 viewslondonlisa2001

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:25 - Dec 8 by Parlay

Are you now resorting yo lying Lisa? Is there no end to your ego stoking that you cannot stand the fact that after setting your stall out so early someone dare say you are wrong. You have no taken it well have you. My view NEVER changed, let alone 10 times. In the matchday thread immediately before the replays i assumed (like everyone else) that he had allowed an advantage and due to the difficulty of the chance brought it back. That didnt happen as we now now. Either option is perfectly acceptable, understand that before you go on id suggest.

What do you mean?! Its amazing you have mentioned insanity while asking why Sakho couldnt score AFTER the whistle. If thats the case lets all stay after fill time and lash some balls into the net. Once the ref blew THE PLAY WAS DEAD. the play was whistled dead due to Fabianski's foul. As a result of the play being dead Sakho had no chance to convert did he? No.

What are you talking about with regards to rugby? The referee can ask whatever question he wants depending on his interpretation of the situation, so thats another thing you have got spectacularly wrong. If he thinks it was a try he will say "any reason not to" if he doesnt he will ask "try "yes" or "no" . In this case the referee adjudged fabianski denied sakho a scoring opportunity. Try and use your brain now Lisa.

I was not adamant an appeal wouldn't happen, i was hopeful it wouldn't happen, its not due to the laws of the game that results in someone appealing so that is entirely unpredictable. So you are saying if i am correct then me stating the reasons for me being correct prior to it being official makes me disgraceful?

You do understand how crazy that makes you sound? Right?

no, no lying.

Yesterday you were adamant that the ref played advantage (perfect decision). Oops - no he didn't.

Then you were adamant that the handball occurred as a result of Fabianski contact. Oops - no, it was the other way round.

Then you have been adamant that the handball cannot be considered. Oops - Halsey said that there is a precedent for it being considered (and actually gave details of the game and the incident where that precedent occurred).

Now you are saying that Fabianski definitely stopped Sakho from having a clear goal scoring opportunity into an empty net. Well that's not the case either is it. What happened afterwards showed that any offence didn't stop the opportunity, it was the referee (who lest we forget, got this decision 'spot on', 'perfect refereeing' etc etc) who blew up too early that stopped it - the offence itself did not.

Now you are saying that you didn't say we wouldn't appeal. Let me make it easy for you to see what you said on this thread:

The foul that will be reviewed if appealed (we wont appeal) will be fabianskis on Sakho regardless of handball. And that was a foul and he did stop a clear goalscoring opportunity.

So that's you just being hopeful is it? You also stated on a number of occasions subsequent to this that we would 'in the cold light of day' realise we had nothing to appeal about and wouldn't do it.

I am gobsmacked that the club spoke to its advisors etc (quite a lot of whom are presumably quite well versed in the rules of the game) about whether it was worth while making an appeal and yet didn't speak to you.

The only one who is getting rattled and not taking it well is you.
Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:56 - Dec 8 with 1231 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:39 - Dec 8 by union_jack

Here you go again - "obvious correct calls". Nothing bloody obvious about it at all hence why there are split opinions on this.

Try and be less dogmatic fcol!!

It was an empty net, the foul stopped play, the stopped play resulted in sakho not having a run at an empty net. You dont get more obvious than that.

The reasons it is being debated are reasons that cannot be taken into consideration.

Dogmatic? Maybe and justifiably so.
Foolish? Absolutely not.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2014 14:56]

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:56 - Dec 8 with 1230 viewslidojack

Purely out of curiosity can someone answer this for me:
A striker is running through on goal and the last defender comes in and slides in to tackle him. The defender doesn't get any of the ball but the striker jumps over him so there's no contact. Because of the striker having to jump over the defender he loses control of the ball and can only get a weak shot off.
Would the defender be red carded for denying an obvious scoring opportunity?
Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:57 - Dec 8 with 1222 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:56 - Dec 8 by lidojack

Purely out of curiosity can someone answer this for me:
A striker is running through on goal and the last defender comes in and slides in to tackle him. The defender doesn't get any of the ball but the striker jumps over him so there's no contact. Because of the striker having to jump over the defender he loses control of the ball and can only get a weak shot off.
Would the defender be red carded for denying an obvious scoring opportunity?

No, attempting a sliding tackle is not a foul. Only if contact is made would the ref then decide on an appropriate course of acrion.

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:58 - Dec 8 with 1220 viewsMusical_Swan

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:48 - Dec 8 by Parlay

Nothing to do with "could have shot after like".

The foul was commited by the goalkeeper 25 yards from goal, it was an empty net. Be sensible now, innocuous it was certainly not.

Yes, and despite Fabianski's challenge he still went on and had a clear opportunity at goal, hitting the post, regardless of whether the Ref blew or not. So 'denying a goal scoring opportunity'? Hmmm.

Still, guess it's down to interpretation though...

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:59 - Dec 8 with 1211 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:58 - Dec 8 by Musical_Swan

Yes, and despite Fabianski's challenge he still went on and had a clear opportunity at goal, hitting the post, regardless of whether the Ref blew or not. So 'denying a goal scoring opportunity'? Hmmm.

Still, guess it's down to interpretation though...

No he didn't. There is no chance if the play is dead.

The play was ruled dead because of fabianskis foul, and due to that sakho was denied a clear goalscoring chance.

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:59 - Dec 8 with 1209 viewsunion_jack

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:56 - Dec 8 by Parlay

It was an empty net, the foul stopped play, the stopped play resulted in sakho not having a run at an empty net. You dont get more obvious than that.

The reasons it is being debated are reasons that cannot be taken into consideration.

Dogmatic? Maybe and justifiably so.
Foolish? Absolutely not.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2014 14:56]

I didn't call you foolish, it is an abbreviation for 'for crying out loud'

However........!

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:01 - Dec 8 with 1204 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:59 - Dec 8 by union_jack

I didn't call you foolish, it is an abbreviation for 'for crying out loud'

However........!

I dont do lol's and lmfao's and certainly dont do fcol's.

Forgive me.

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:02 - Dec 8 with 1196 viewslidojack

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:57 - Dec 8 by Parlay

No, attempting a sliding tackle is not a foul. Only if contact is made would the ref then decide on an appropriate course of acrion.

But referees can give fouls and even yellow cards for intentional tackles. And in this scenario the defender has made it infinitely harder by sliding in.
Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:03 - Dec 8 with 1191 viewsunion_jack

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:01 - Dec 8 by Parlay

I dont do lol's and lmfao's and certainly dont do fcol's.

Forgive me.

You've got to get down with the kids Parlay, NQAT!!!

Took me some time to capitulate I must say!

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:03 - Dec 8 with 1188 viewsperchrockjack

anyway, PARLAY ,where were you when I was getting pelters as regards my comments about yesterday. Some chum you turned out to be

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:04 - Dec 8 with 1184 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:02 - Dec 8 by lidojack

But referees can give fouls and even yellow cards for intentional tackles. And in this scenario the defender has made it infinitely harder by sliding in.

Ive never seen someone yellow carded for attempting and missing a slide tackle. If you are talking dangerous play, two footed or head height then maybe.

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:06 - Dec 8 with 1174 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:03 - Dec 8 by perchrockjack

anyway, PARLAY ,where were you when I was getting pelters as regards my comments about yesterday. Some chum you turned out to be

Not read it. What did you say?

Unfortunately my reputation on here is down to me being completely honest in my views holding no bias what so ever whether that be to the club or fellow posters. Its something i stand for on here.

Will happily back you up should i agree though

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:09 - Dec 8 with 1162 viewsMusical_Swan

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 14:59 - Dec 8 by Parlay

No he didn't. There is no chance if the play is dead.

The play was ruled dead because of fabianskis foul, and due to that sakho was denied a clear goalscoring chance.

The play was dead because the referee chose not to play advantage, if he had Sakho would of gone on to get his clear opportuntiy at goal, doesn't say anything in the rules about him having to score it though.

The fact is, and it is fact because there is video evidence, that Sakho went on to have a shot at goal, therefore nullyfying any argument that this was prevented by Fabianski and not Foy.

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:09 - Dec 8 with 1142 viewslidojack

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:04 - Dec 8 by Parlay

Ive never seen someone yellow carded for attempting and missing a slide tackle. If you are talking dangerous play, two footed or head height then maybe.

Law 12
Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
trips or attempts to trip an opponent
jumps at an opponent
charges an opponent
strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
pushes an opponent
tackles an opponent
Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:11 - Dec 8 with 1137 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:09 - Dec 8 by lidojack

Law 12
Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
trips or attempts to trip an opponent
jumps at an opponent
charges an opponent
strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
pushes an opponent
tackles an opponent

You said attempted a sliding tackle not attempting to kick or trip an opponent.

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:12 - Dec 8 with 1131 viewsperchrockjack

I was commenting on my perception of our fans (generally ) on here when Williams is held to be a bottler which to me is disgusting.
HOWEVER ,being perch, it transends into age, how long I been living away, how many games I see live and of course my mental capacity- which is fine. I can see over sized egos from 200 miles away.
God help anyone livin 12000 miles away,its bad enough being 177 ,as it would seem we re proper fans to comment.

We re doing fine, yesterday was bad, it was the same players who ve done fine for us so to see them hammered as bottlers kinda riled me.
yep, its internet innit

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:13 - Dec 8 with 1131 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:09 - Dec 8 by Musical_Swan

The play was dead because the referee chose not to play advantage, if he had Sakho would of gone on to get his clear opportuntiy at goal, doesn't say anything in the rules about him having to score it though.

The fact is, and it is fact because there is video evidence, that Sakho went on to have a shot at goal, therefore nullyfying any argument that this was prevented by Fabianski and not Foy.

The ref doesnt have to play advantage and is well within his rights to blow whenever he sees an offence.

It makes no difference whether he went on to have a shot on goal after the whistle, none at all.

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:17 - Dec 8 with 1116 viewslidojack

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:11 - Dec 8 by Parlay

You said attempted a sliding tackle not attempting to kick or trip an opponent.

Slide tackling usually trips and opponent, and in that case it would probably go down to the referees view of it.
But the problem I have with the scenario is that his actions have denied a clear goalscoring opportunity yet most people would consider it not a foul. Does the line get drawn at contact? If so doesn't that encourage players to find to contact rather than keep going?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024