Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parker 14:54 - Aug 13 with 40676 viewsstan4england

all over Twitter ... except now rumours of Fulham
Parker on 11:41 - Aug 14 with 2289 viewsPinnerPaul

Parker on 11:28 - Aug 14 by JonDoeman

Oh dear , the hysteria is starting early!!!!

I really can't see what all the fuss is about.
Redknapp confirms what press already know, & Fulham make enquiries about a player everyone knows is available!!!!!

Harry will always be good for a quote, deal with it.

Exactly!

Ssshhhh don't tell anyone but Parker might not be 1st choice at Spurs this season!

Ridiculous!
Parker on 11:47 - Aug 14 with 2246 viewswhittocksRs

Redknapp confirms what press already know, & Fulham make enquiries about a player everyone knows is available!!!!!

Nothing to do with hysteria. Redknapp is positioning himself for a fight with the board. I don't particularly even want Parker to be honest - feels like a mistake we've made before - and couldn't care less if he goes to Fulham. I'm talking about Arry's quotes earlier in the summer about deals taking too long.
Parker on 11:48 - Aug 14 with 2231 viewsdaveB

fuss is about this has happened with Joe Cole, M'villa, Bridge and Hooper, Redknapp announced we'd got them in the press, we didn't get them and he blamed it all on Beard. It's a pattern emerging and very likely we'll get gazumped with this one as well. Sensible thing would be for redknapp to say nothing until he's signed.
Parker on 11:50 - Aug 14 with 2214 viewsRanger78

Parker on 11:48 - Aug 14 by daveB

fuss is about this has happened with Joe Cole, M'villa, Bridge and Hooper, Redknapp announced we'd got them in the press, we didn't get them and he blamed it all on Beard. It's a pattern emerging and very likely we'll get gazumped with this one as well. Sensible thing would be for redknapp to say nothing until he's signed.

Exactly
Parker on 11:53 - Aug 14 with 2191 viewsNorthernr

I think given that Redknapp has now done this several times - Cole, M'Villa, Hooper and now Parker and then gone public with criticism of Beard and the board for not getting the deals done quickly enough when they didn't happen there's a little more to this than simply Harry winding the car window down and having a chat for the sake of it. Particularly as in the case of Hooper in particular the player was never likely to sign in the first place. Why does he keep trying to hang the CEO out to dry?
Parker on 11:54 - Aug 14 with 2183 viewsNorthernr

Parker on 11:48 - Aug 14 by daveB

Unless Redknapp is doing it deliberately to undermine Beard. Given that we were never likely to get Hooper it looks to me like a deliberate ploy.
Parker on 11:55 - Aug 14 with 2174 viewswhittocksRs

Parker on 11:53 - Aug 14 by Northernr

I think given that Redknapp has now done this several times - Cole, M'Villa, Hooper and now Parker and then gone public with criticism of Beard and the board for not getting the deals done quickly enough when they didn't happen there's a little more to this than simply Harry winding the car window down and having a chat for the sake of it. Particularly as in the case of Hooper in particular the player was never likely to sign in the first place. Why does he keep trying to hang the CEO out to dry?

He clearly wants Beard out. Not good for stability even though Beard seems clueless most of the time.
Parker on 11:58 - Aug 14 with 2138 viewsJonDoeman

Parker on 11:53 - Aug 14 by Northernr

OK fair enough, good question, I did think it was a bit naughty what he said after Hooper, I put it down to face saving at the time.

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Parker on 12:00 - Aug 14 with 2120 viewswhittocksRs

Parker on 11:58 - Aug 14 by JonDoeman

OK fair enough, good question, I did think it was a bit naughty what he said after Hooper, I put it down to face saving at the time.

Redknapp is much smarter than you're giving him credit for - he knows exactly what he's doing.
Parker on 12:08 - Aug 14 with 2077 viewsMrNITK

Parker on 11:08 - Aug 14 by BasingstokeR

6ft 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alejandro_Faurl%C3%ADn

That really surprises me as well. Would never say he was that tall.

Surely a mistake, or Ale telling porkies?

Official website says 6 1in as well.
Parker on 12:10 - Aug 14 with 2044 viewsFDC

Parker on 12:00 - Aug 14 by whittocksRs

Redknapp is much smarter than you're giving him credit for - he knows exactly what he's doing.

And you can be sure his number one and probably only priority is himself i.e. making manoeuvres early on so that he has plenty of incidents he can point at should it all go wrong this season:

"we really could have done with ______, he's a triffic lad, really would have made the difference this season"

"I don't know why we've loaned all these players out, I really don't, we could have done with selling a few more so that we could have brought a few more in"

etc
Parker on 12:17 - Aug 14 with 2005 viewsNorthernr

Parker on 12:08 - Aug 14 by MrNITK

That really surprises me as well. Would never say he was that tall.

Surely a mistake, or Ale telling porkies?

Official website says 6 1in as well.

Before his injury Faurlin was absolutely superb in the air. He injured his knee winning a header and has never looked happy going up for them since but he used to win 85% of every header he contested I reckon.
Parker on 12:22 - Aug 14 with 1974 viewsrsonist

Really I find it sort of impressive that Beard's never publicly put HR in his place with these antics. It's not like it would be hard to do either. Credit to him.
Parker on 12:23 - Aug 14 with 1968 viewsMrNITK

Parker on 12:17 - Aug 14 by Northernr

Before his injury Faurlin was absolutely superb in the air. He injured his knee winning a header and has never looked happy going up for them since but he used to win 85% of every header he contested I reckon.

Agree with that.

Although I thought that was more down to his timing and spring in his jump. Bit like Les who was 5 11in and competing with tall centre backs.
Parker on 12:23 - Aug 14 with 1961 viewsdolcelatte

84.32% actually

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Parker on 12:26 - Aug 14 with 1939 viewswhittocksRs

Parker on 12:10 - Aug 14 by FDC

And you can be sure his number one and probably only priority is himself i.e. making manoeuvres early on so that he has plenty of incidents he can point at should it all go wrong this season:

"we really could have done with ______, he's a triffic lad, really would have made the difference this season"

"I don't know why we've loaned all these players out, I really don't, we could have done with selling a few more so that we could have brought a few more in"

etc

Yep I was about to mention the loan issue as an added element to this - 'Arry says, "No point in loanin' out these players, is there?" and TF and PB respond by loaning players out. It's clear what's developing here.
Parker on 12:38 - Aug 14 with 1867 viewsjonno

Parker on 12:00 - Aug 14 by whittocksRs

It couldn't possibly be that Beard dealing in the transfers means that 'Arry can't get his nose in the trough can it? No, thought not.
Parker on 12:39 - Aug 14 with 1853 viewssimmo

Parker on 12:10 - Aug 14 by FDC

etc

This is exactly my feelings on why he does it.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Parker on 12:42 - Aug 14 with 1831 viewsMedwayR

Redknapp needs to realise that regardless of whatever he says, Phil Beard is here to stay as Fernandes clearly appointed him with the new training ground & stadium in mind.

Beard & Fernandes make business decisions with the club in mind, not 'arry in mind. If we can't sell a player then loaning them is the next best thing. Redknapp needs to accept the situation & get on with it, the majority of the players we've missed out on were never likely to join, we're QPR not Spurs...

Poll: Who’s better?

Parker on 12:42 - Aug 14 with 1828 viewsTHEBUSH

Parker on 12:26 - Aug 14 by whittocksRs

Yep I was about to mention the loan issue as an added element to this - 'Arry says, "No point in loanin' out these players, is there?" and TF and PB respond by loaning players out. It's clear what's developing here.

It's clear to me that nobody wants to buy these players
Parker on 12:44 - Aug 14 with 1818 viewsMedwayR

Parker on 12:38 - Aug 14 by jonno

It couldn't possibly be that Beard dealing in the transfers means that 'Arry can't get his nose in the trough can it? No, thought not.

Poll: Who’s better?

Parker on 12:46 - Aug 14 with 1790 viewswittle

Parker on 12:42 - Aug 14 by THEBUSH

spot on, you can only sell players if there are buyers,same with adel and remy.Harry plays the media game,big deal why is everyone so surprised,he has being doing it for the last 25 years.
Parker on 12:50 - Aug 14 with 1765 viewswhittocksRs

Parker on 12:42 - Aug 14 by THEBUSH

Think we can definitely assume a hastily-arranged loan deal with Arsenal for Cesar on deadline day is coming
Parker on 12:55 - Aug 14 with 1725 viewsEalingRanger

He was beating Yaya Toure in the air before that injury.
Parker on 12:57 - Aug 14 with 1703 viewsVish

Parker on 12:42 - Aug 14 by MedwayR

Redknapp needs to realise that regardless of whatever he says, Phil Beard is here to stay as Fernandes clearly appointed him with the new training ground & stadium in mind.

Beard & Fernandes make business decisions with the club in mind, not 'arry in mind. If we can't sell a player then loaning them is the next best thing. Redknapp needs to accept the situation & get on with it, the majority of the players we've missed out on were never likely to join, we're QPR not Spurs...

Redknapp would respond with comments along the lines of TF and PB are business men and that he (Redknapp) knows what he's talking about when it comes to football - been there done that etc. The divide between football and business in the club will be created as a result, and account for any failings.

With no football man at board/director level - Redknapp football wise, has nobody to answer to - and TF and PB by the looks of it don't take football advice from anyone either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024